What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Did You Think: Survivor

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Orbital Devestation, get that strike to chase her around. Can't dilly-dally around with these hostile NPCs. There is a new sheriff in town. You have to send a message. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    I thought Sela's turnaround was a bit jarring. Other than that, it was pretty good. The maps were amazing, as always.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    foolishowlfoolishowl Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    @lordmalak1 said:
    > LOL, you called in an orbital strike one a single confused survivor ?
    That's the absurdity, yes.

I mean, temporal anomalies aside, if you had to calm someone down, you'd avoid shouting or using harsh language.

On the other hand, all your weapons feel like squirtguns filled with colored water.

I'm getting to remember why I stooped playing for a year.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I thought Sela's turnaround was a bit jarring. Other than that, it was pretty good. The maps were amazing, as always.

We'll see if it sticks; I can understand Sela being a bit off her game after the critical event of sticking to duty to matter what, with her father executing her mother, turns out to have not happened. After all, the events inspiring all those sacrifices for an Empire most everyone has given up on were apparently staged.

Oops.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Those personal logs we collected reminded me of the Taris Promised Land survivors in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
    Not that that's a bad thing. ;)
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    foolishowl wrote: »
    (And by the way, yeah, the Vaadwaur thing was bad too -- canonically, the neural parasites were just forcing a spike in adrenaline levels, not making people superhumanly resistant to high-energy particle weapons.)

There's a bit of treknobabble after the Delta mission, "Capture the Flag", which says that now, the (new and improved?) parasites are somehow re-radiating all of that in infrared.
    Sounds great... except that, given the energy contained in multiple disruptor and phaser shots, those Vaads should literally be glowing red-hot, setting fire to nearby objects, etc.
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I initially enjoyed the mission the first time through; nice visuals, good maps, fun space combat but boring ground combat. The quality voice over work made up for the predictable "find the data pads" type of quest. The shame of it was the rewards. Just another ground set that I personally will never use. At least it made the choice easy on whether or not to run all of my alts through it three times each. Regardless, thank you for the new content.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    I thoroughly enjoyed it. I like these temporal missions, hope there are many more to come.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User

Not sure it's the character being played or what, but to me, Denise Crosby still sounds like she's uninspired by this job and is kinda 'phoning it in' for lack of a better description.

Pretty much everything about STO these days is "phoned in". Why not the voice acting too?
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    foolishowl wrote: »
    I mean, I know, gameplay pacing and all, but it's like you all forget that we're using super high tech weapons that disintegrate a target in one hit (unless they're on stun).

There's a reason for that: stun setting doesn't work as advertised since the production has been outsourced to Ferenginar. I just killed a few 23rd century feds during a rerun of "Everything Old Is New" despite the whole mission explicitely running on stun. (They normally just stay still instead of dying, but in this case I got my ground doff GPL and they disintegrated - probably some combo overriding the safety catch. And when Mr. Safety Catch is not on, Mr. Phaser is not your friend)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2017
    A new thing I'm starting up on these here forums - we're going to have "official" threads to gather any thoughts you guys had on major content releases. First up: Survivor. What did you think?

Spoilers abound...

I think the devs really need to lose their obsession with Crosby and Sela and let us shoot the TRIBBLE in the face already. She was a BS character in TNG and her career is based upon failure.

As for the mission itself, the maps were gorgeous, the plot obnoxious, the mission tedious and the rewards forgettable.

edit:
    OH! And if you're going to write a mission using one of the biggest war criminals in the galaxy, one especially despised by almost all surviving Romulans and Remans.... DON'T FOR GET TO ADD DIALOGUE FOR ROMULAN/REMAN CHARACTERS. Like especially a good reason why we don't kill her or ignore her "demands" at the end of the episode.
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    The game's writing has not improved. Future Time Cops are still impotent at best and incompetent at worst, Sela is a constant reminder that the writers have less than zero moral perspective, the narrative is gobbledegook, themes are forced at best...yecch.

Stop writing. Or hire people who can actually do it.
    @Venture-1. @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that. Yes, that Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. You'll have to be specific; for me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    nekofury86nekofury86 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    The mission itself was fun, a bit too many tholians on the ground did significant damage to my very well geared ground team, they did not survive... more than once. However, the set go me confused. A polaron weapon with a Romulan set? #confused If anything, it definitely should have been a plasma based weapon to support the Romulans plasma dmg bonus from both their trait and from the kit from the other romulan set... At least that way we have some more options... but Polaron... someone needs slapped.
  • Options
    ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Liked it - right length and fun ---- BUT I agree with others Im getting bored to death now of Daniels and Sela and the combination of poor writing and Cosbys uninterested cardboard performances (TBF not cryptics fault as she was just as bad in TNG so you could argue its correct :) )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nekofury86 wrote: »
    The mission itself was fun, a bit too many tholians on the ground did significant damage to my very well geared ground team, they did not survive... more than once. However, the set go me confused. A polaron weapon with a Romulan set? #confused If anything, it definitely should have been a plasma based weapon to support the Romulans plasma dmg bonus from both their trait and from the kit from the other romulan set... At least that way we have some more options... but Polaron... someone needs slapped.
    It's worth noting that Tholians use Radiation damage and a lot of player/boff gear has no resist to Rads.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg