test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stop posting so many singles of stackable items on the exchange!!!

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Awesome! I had no idea my thread would be this effective!!
    Gotta disagree there. I buy contraband all the time and it's almost always available in stacks.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    totally agree ,5 single items limit (from stackble) for each toon

Nope. Players should be allowed to list as many single items on the Exchange up to the max limit of 40 which I believe is the slot limit of items to be listed on the Exchange.
  • lonedragon27lonedragon27 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    garaks31 wrote: »
    totally agree ,5 single items limit (from stackble) for each toon

Nope. Players should be allowed to list as many single items on the Exchange up to the max limit of 40 which I believe is the slot limit of items to be listed on the Exchange.

Allowed, sure. I'm just pointing out it's a waste of everyone's time to list them singly en masse.
    Sure you might make a little more money, but from what I can see you'd have to burn hours a day just on the exchange. I'm on disability and have pretty much nothing but free time and even I don't have time for that.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    Give me 500 million EC and I will stop doing so. :)

I'll stop doing it for 499 million EC.

You don't know how the exchange works, do you? Last offer takes precedence, so if you offer at 500M as well, OP will take yours over dave's ;)
    tigeraries wrote: »
    it's possible, if the system implemented a non-refundable posting fee per item... fixed at 5% of sell price. frankly i think this is needed due to folks using exchange as bank space.

A fee as a percentage of sell price won't change everything. It would make your 100 singles get 5% less (or people to pay more), same with your stack of 100.
    If you're going to try to make any kind of real money you're going to need to sell a LOT of items.

Well, you described yourself as very grindy. Not everybody is. Not everybody considers only 100M+ "real money". Not everybody always has stacks of whatever the max stack size is when they want to or need to (inventory space) to sell.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    xyquarze wrote: »

You don't know how the exchange works, do you? Last offer takes precedence, so if you offer at 500M as well, OP will take yours over dave's ;)
    tigeraries wrote: »
    it's possible, if the system implemented a non-refundable posting fee per item... fixed at 5% of sell price. frankly i think this is needed due to folks using exchange as bank space.

A fee as a percentage of sell price won't change everything. It would make your 100 singles get 5% less (or people to pay more), same with your stack of 100.
    If you're going to try to make any kind of real money you're going to need to sell a LOT of items.

Well, you described yourself as very grindy. Not everybody is. Not everybody considers only 100M+ "real money". Not everybody always has stacks of whatever the max stack size is when they want to or need to (inventory space) to sell.

I see what you're saying but I say meet in the middle. Stacks of 10 or even 5 are at least reasonable...honestly how often do you go to the exchanging saying: "Man, I sure could use 1 Contraband." It shouldn't be often enough that people are putting up 20-30 of the same item one at a time. Really I wouldn't even complain if the first few pages were all full of stacks of 10. It's just the dozens of singles that are usually obviously posted by the same guy...because if the next guy really was desperate to sell, he'd have undercut the price at least slightly.

• ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Or, instead of making players buy an entire stack at a time, Cryptic allowed players to buy as many units of a stack as they wanted.

Actually, I remember in a different game, the in game market allowed players to place both Sell, but also Buy orders. So if you didn't see an item listed at the price you wanted you could construct a buy order indicating your desired item, price, and quantity, and the next sales that matched that would complete it.
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    So it Begins....
    undercutting price war!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Oh, just shut up already with this 'no one can dictate to me' cr*p. Nobody is dictating anything to you. It is just an observation. Seems like everyone thinks they are the grizzly mountain men that catch their own food and build their own cabins in the deep dark woods. Or was that a lumberjack. :)

It could be many different people posting single items or one flooding the lower reaches. What I don't get is the posting of stuff at prices below the Bartender rate (except yours) of 50% or even the Replication Recycle rate (and your Bartender) of 40%.

If you are posting below you are either a philanthropist trying give the 'less fortunate' the opportunity to have access to these very needed and valuable items or you are an as*hat troll. Still not as bad as those knuckleheads listing Small Hypos for 500 Million.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaRd4d8hOY
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I do what I want!
    Tza0PEl.png
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    STOP POSTING SO MANY SINGLES OF STACKABLE ITEMS ON THE EXCHANGE!!!
    STOP IT!!!!!!
    STOP IT!!!!!!
    D@MN IT STOP IT!!!!!
    Please Stop
    Stop

Stop

:: out of breath ::

Just stop

O_O
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    I see what you're saying but I say meet in the middle. Stacks of 10 or even 5 are at least reasonable...honestly how often do you go to the exchanging saying: "Man, I sure could use 1 Contraband."

Me? Never. I am a seller on the Contraband market - and yes, in stacks of 250. But I certainly do remember during my early days when I was more cash strapped that I bought exactly what I needed and not one item more (granted, mostly not from the exchange, but I am talking commodities here). And if there is a market for people who want to buy singles, someone will always gather as a seller. I don't know whether there is, since I am too lazy to really play the exchange so I want to sell as little items/bulks as possible. Except that some items don't really sell well in bulk I'd guess, I've seen some things of which you might need 3 in a year go in bundles of 10, IIRC.

On the other hand, that's how goods are delivered in the real world, too. A candy factory makes huge bulks of candy, which then get delivered to huge warehouses, are shipped across the country in smaller bulk to smaller warehouses and end up at your local shop where they may be sold in small packs or even as singles. And maybe there are people out there who don't want contraband lingering in their inventory, but since they just happen to be at DS9, they may as well turn in one set (and one set only)? I dunno, but it wouldn't surprise me.
    It shouldn't be often enough that people are putting up 20-30 of the same item one at a time. Really I wouldn't even complain if the first few pages were all full of stacks of 10. It's just the dozens of singles that are usually obviously posted by the same guy...because if the next guy really was desperate to sell, he'd have undercut the price at least slightly.

While it is quite probable that some would undercut the actual lowest price, as said, it isn't necessary, since AFAIK new offers go to the top of the pile, so if you keep the price, you will usually still get chosen before that other guy.

(I usually try to impose a small premium on the current selling price. Usually prices float enough during a week to sell anyway)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I will make every effort to only post singles for now on.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,443 Arc User

I'll do it for 475 million! :wink:​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    sort by "ascending price per unit"

Every time. Go ahead with those settings and search Contraband. Tell me how many pages you have to scroll through before you find a stack of more than one.
    Well since you asked. 0 pages. Or is is 1? First page, first item. Let's go with that.

IMG

Yes very effective showing how clueless you are.
    edited April 2017
    I have almost never seen bunch of contraband sold as singles. Sure, there are usually few stacks of 50 or 10 on the first page, but I don't recall last time I had to move awqy from page 1 to find a 250 contraband stack.

Every time I have gone to sell contraband in the last few months, the first stack has been so far from the front page that I felt I'd have to sell for a ridiculously low price for my stack to even be seen.

You do know how a free market works right? If you stack is buried then it's not because the others are underpriced it's due to your's being way overpriced. But it's easier blaming others for your woes then acceptting you are at fault.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    OP... are you ever going to need 250 tech upgrades in one sitting?

Single upgrades are more likely to sell faster than bulk because people typically only want to get what they need at the moment.

How many weapons have you ever upgraded? It takes like 50+ upgrades to get a weapon to gold....and I only upgrade on bonus weekends.

Oh this is the funniest one yet!
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    I find both very useful and glad they are allowed to sell them that way.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
    ssbn655 wrote: »

Every time. Go ahead with those settings and search Contraband. Tell me how many pages you have to scroll through before you find a stack of more than one.
    Well since you asked. 0 pages. Or is is 1? First page, first item. Let's go with that.

IMG

Yes very effective showing how clueless you are.

Yes I'm clueless..that's why I made enough on the exchange last year to buy 2 Na'Kuhl ships, a Suliban cell ship, several costumes and expensive weapons, 2 Porthos, and all the uncommon lockbox ships (for admiralty) on all of my characters...and I don't sell lockbox keys if that's what you're thinking, only items that I have gathered/crafted myself.
    If only I wasn't so clueless, maybe I could have made some serious money...
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    tm706 wrote: »
    Why sell in bulk, when I can part out everything at a slightly higher profit ? Exchange warfare is the true endgame.

If you're going to try to make any kind of real money you're going to need to sell a LOT of items. You really mean to tell me you'd waste the time it takes to sell a stack individually? I wouldn't even waste the time it takes to post that many items individually nevermind waiting for them to sell if they sell at all. And I'm one of the grindiest people in the game.
    It takes hundreds of millions to buy anything really worth saving for on the exchange..why nickel and dime?
    I'm not against single items but really? Pages and pages before you get to a stack is excessive. And who needs to buy just one Jevonite? What are you gonna do with one Contraband? That single upgrade gonna get your item to the next level? Sure occasionally you want one item. But most of the time, you don't go to the exchange because you're looking to buy one or two of something (stackable items).

In summary:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEoMO0pc7k

Yes, I'm more than willing to part out certain items in order to make what I want off them. Some times it makes cents (pun intended) other times it doesn't . I've got plenty of time for that, if it's what I want to do. If it doesn't work for you, click the button a few times and get past it. That's really all that is required here. a few clicks of the "next" button.
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
    edited April 2017
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    OP... are you ever going to need 250 tech upgrades in one sitting?

Single upgrades are more likely to sell faster than bulk because people typically only want to get what they need at the moment.

How many weapons have you ever upgraded? It takes like 50+ upgrades to get a weapon to gold....and I only upgrade on bonus weekends.

Oh this is the funniest one yet!

Well, I'm glad your weapons go gold at 5% but not all of us are so lucky.
    Are you sure you're not confusing weapons with consoles/engines/deflectors/shields? Because those don't take half as long to gold.
  • staticharge5347staticharge5347 Member Posts: 32 Arc User

This. Plus I will bypass every item that is sold in singles, even if it costs way more than buying the same amount as singles just to spite them. You say it's a waste of EC? I say you can't waste something that isn't real.

I swear the exchange didn't use to be this bad...buy in bulk to save is how economy works. I don't understand how undercutting bulk prices and selling individually is not a waste of time economically.
    But hey lets just insult me some more.
    Maybe I shouldn't be complaining that my competitors don't have the lobes for business. But wasting my time and clogging the exchange affects my profits.
    Read the damn Rules of Acquisition! ;P
  • victorkislyi#1025 victorkislyi Member Posts: 3 New User
    i am reporting my self for being a troll

go play world of tanks
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,493 Community Moderator

I don't have any upgraded to gold. I'm content just getting them up to XIV. And I didn't have enough to sell 250 Experimental Superior Tech Upgrades anyways, nor did I have the RESOURCES to craft said amount.

Not everyone is shooting for epic. So making someone have only stacks of 50 or more MINIMUM is wasted funds. Some just want to have enough to get up to XIV, and that only takes a few, even on bonus weekends.
    So it comes down to the simple fact of "How many do you need" over "buy in bulk".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    So you're saying I should buy up all the singles and resell them at a higher price?
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Its real simple, I have a minimum price for items and if the price per unit on a stack is below that price I will sell in singles at that minimum price. For example, the other day Superior Shield upgrades selling in stacks were at a per unit price of 85k, thats below my minimum sale price, so I take a look at the price for singles, 130k, so my upgrades get sold in singles for a much higher profit.

And that's fine. The thing I'm not figuring out is people posting singles at way less price than bulk. Honestly I don't see how you're doing that as every time I go to buy or sell something, the singles are cheaper than the bulk. Am I just somehow catching the market at the wrong time every time?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    No, you shouldn't be complaining of your competitors making mistakes.
    Yes, you should buy the singles and resell them in bulk if that would get you a profit.
    No, the singles do not "clog" the exchange. The only thing they clog is the seller's sales slots.
    Yes, you are clueless, if you complain about people who suck at trading. A proper ferengi would call them their best customers.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    And that's fine. The thing I'm not figuring out is people posting singles at way less price than bulk. Honestly I don't see how you're doing that as every time I go to buy or sell something, the singles are cheaper than the bulk. Am I just somehow catching the market at the wrong time every time?

'Cuz, perhaps players simply want to dump items ASAP?

There have been plenty of times when I purchased upgrade accelerators / kits listed singly at a lower price than bulk per item. Not everyone has enough EC to purchase 100 1.5x quality accelerators for 300k EC (or whatever the going price is). If I am on the lookout for accelerators, and I see them listed singly for 250k EC... then yeah I am going to buy as many as I can before other players can.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Singles tend to be easier to sell in my experience, and I prefer to buy singles most of the time. For example, if I need three of something, why buy a stack and go through the trouble of relisting the leftovers, with no guarantee I'll make my money back, if I can just buy exactly three singles? Even if the singles cost slightly more per item, it's still worth it from a buyers perspective imho.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.