test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stop posting so many singles of stackable items on the exchange!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    lonedragon27lonedragon27 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    So you're saying I should buy up all the singles and resell them at a higher price?
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Its real simple, I have a minimum price for items and if the price per unit on a stack is below that price I will sell in singles at that minimum price. For example, the other day Superior Shield upgrades selling in stacks were at a per unit price of 85k, thats below my minimum sale price, so I take a look at the price for singles, 130k, so my upgrades get sold in singles for a much higher profit.

And that's fine. The thing I'm not figuring out is people posting singles at way less price than bulk. Honestly I don't see how you're doing that as every time I go to buy or sell something, the singles are cheaper than the bulk. Am I just somehow catching the market at the wrong time every time?
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    No, you shouldn't be complaining of your competitors making mistakes.
    Yes, you should buy the singles and resell them in bulk if that would get you a profit.
    No, the singles do not "clog" the exchange. The only thing they clog is the seller's sales slots.
    Yes, you are clueless, if you complain about people who suck at trading. A proper ferengi would call them their best customers.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    And that's fine. The thing I'm not figuring out is people posting singles at way less price than bulk. Honestly I don't see how you're doing that as every time I go to buy or sell something, the singles are cheaper than the bulk. Am I just somehow catching the market at the wrong time every time?

'Cuz, perhaps players simply want to dump items ASAP?

There have been plenty of times when I purchased upgrade accelerators / kits listed singly at a lower price than bulk per item. Not everyone has enough EC to purchase 100 1.5x quality accelerators for 300k EC (or whatever the going price is). If I am on the lookout for accelerators, and I see them listed singly for 250k EC... then yeah I am going to buy as many as I can before other players can.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Singles tend to be easier to sell in my experience, and I prefer to buy singles most of the time. For example, if I need three of something, why buy a stack and go through the trouble of relisting the leftovers, with no guarantee I'll make my money back, if I can just buy exactly three singles? Even if the singles cost slightly more per item, it's still worth it from a buyers perspective imho.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    You only get 40 auctions per toon, so at least in STO there is a down-side to single item posting. Of course, nothing really stopping someone from having 50 toons all posting 40 single items...
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    How about we all agree to compromise...if the items are worth less than 100k each, sell in stacks of 10 or higher?
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    How about we all agree to compromise...if the items are worth less than 100k each, sell in stacks of 10 or higher?

No.

That is anti-consumerism against players who do not have a lot of EC or only wish to purchase one item, not multiples of it.
  • Options
    Well, one can wish anyway....
    Aaaaaaaaaaand requeue the flame war!
  • Options
    And...really? Not one comment on Rick and Morty?
    Wubba lubba dub dub, TRIBBLE!
  • Options
    ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Or, get this, Cryptic improves the Exchange interface and allows players to buy as many items from a stack as they wish. This would remove any perverse incentives to list a sale as multiple singles, and buyers could buy on price.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Or, get this, Cryptic improves the Exchange interface and allows players to buy as many items from a stack as they wish. This would remove any perverse incentives to list a sale as multiple singles, and buyers could buy on price.
    Yes, partial stack handling would be a welcome addition.

And following that, they could show identical items listed for identical price as a single line to save space, so it could say like "X contraband available at Y EC per unit" and you could click it and select how many to buy, instead of seeing multiple copies of the same listing you have to buy one by one.

Or even more advanced, allow us to simply tell it to buy, for example, "250 contraband" and have it automatically buy the cheapest ones until it hits that number, regardless of seller stack sizes.
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Stacks are "stacks" usually to grant somewhat lower pricing for bulk buying. Splitting them up makes no sense.

I want it all sold at once so I can list something else to buy.

And for those taxation suggestions .... nope. You do that and then the smarties will sell EVERYTHING off-exchange.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    You are never going to convince anyone to sell items in stacks if they don't want to. In fact to show their 'rugged independence' of not ever being told what to do, some will now deliberately post in singles where they used to post in stacks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    I for one am going to post in singles just to p@ss off the OP .
  • Options
    ssbn655 wrote: »

In that case, I will be deliberately buying singles so resell for profit.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User

Ah more of your precious EC for me.
  • Options

Ah more of your precious EC for me.

But the point is ME making EC off of you. :P
  • Options
    How do you know this whole thread wasn't a clever ploy to buy up items cheap and sell for profit? I may not be devious, but I AM drunk!

And again...seriously? Not one Rick and Morty fan has read this thread?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    And it took only the next post to confirm the supposition.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Alright, that's enough. Thread serves nothing constructive nor positive at this point. Closing.

/Closed
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.