test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The lonely Battlezone

Comments

• Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    You want the devs to fix it? Then stop playing it. I mean how hard is it to grasp that. I refuse to go back until they fix it. You want the marks? Then just be patient and get them all during the summer event.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »
    You want the devs to fix it? Then stop playing it. I mean how hard is it to grasp that. I refuse to go back until they fix it. You want the marks? Then just be patient and get them all during the summer event.

That's exactly what people do. The few players who still go there, conquer one zone to get their daily Lukari marks and then leave. There's hardly ever more than one active zone. If that doesn't scream "fix it!" I don't know what does.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    tempus64 wrote: »
    You want the devs to fix it? Then stop playing it. I mean how hard is it to grasp that. I refuse to go back until they fix it.

yeah, that suggestion helped a lot on tholian battlezone ... ;)

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    you don't even need to wait until summer - all the RAs award lukari marks

so just do those for lukari and tell the TBZ to TRIBBLE off; and when you need the elite thingummies, just hit up TFA or GKA, whichever has the most people it it at the time​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User

so just do those for lukari and tell the TBZ to **** off; and when you need the elite thingummies, just hit up TFA or GKA, whichever has the most people it it at the time​​

That's the problem, nowadays doing group content is a non starter for many players, so it's either battle zones or adventure zones or the summer and winter events to get their marks for the reps, and that's just to complete the reps, getting the gear from them is a completely different story.

Lets take Omega, outside of the queues your stuck with Defera, 5 marks for an easy mission and 7 for a medium, going to take months to get the 1400 marks for just one piece of some the gear, btw 500 of those are to turn into BNPs.

Iconian isn't much better, as you only have two missions on Kobali Prime that give you those marks, but at least you get one elite mark a day from them.

So for some the Summer event is the only time they can get enough marks for some of the reps, as you can have both birds and monkeys on the go at the same time.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I like battlezones. Voth is all time favorite. I like Kobali also back when I was interested in exp. Undine is good. I never really got into the badlands one - only played a few times. I was kind of out to lunch for that whole season. I went into the new one once and looked around in confusion then left. There's now no reason to ever go there though it looked nice. I don't expect it to ever be fixed. They may as well remove it so people don't get lost in there.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I like battlezones. Voth is all time favorite. I like Kobali also back when I was interested in exp. Undine is good. I never really got into the badlands one - only played a few times. I was kind of out to lunch for that whole season. I went into the new one once and looked around in confusion then left. There's now no reason to ever go there though it looked nice. I don't expect it to ever be fixed. They may as well remove it so people don't get lost in there.
    I like battlezones too. The voth one is still one of the best content in the game, even after they tried to ruin it by nerfing tagging. Undine zone is good in theory but lacks the rewards of the voth. Badlands got into the annoying with the gimmick nodes and too many phases of bossfight. The tzenkethi I haven't even tried after hearing what people have said about it. The borg RA and later Breach have given me all the lukemarks I need.

Like I've said, BZ's have gone downhill from the start.

And I'm sad to say at this point I don't expect it to be fixed, either. They tried to fix it it didn't work, now it's old news. They only seem to "fix" old things when they're too popular (see also: dino tagging).
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Broken battlezone is broken battlezone.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I was just in the Tzenkethi zone at the time of this post. There were a bunch of people in there and it was progressing. First time for me so I guess they fixed stuff. The stinky part is:

1> I hate fighting mini planet killer ships that the Tzenkethi fly. Front arc is annoying.
    2> My T'varo doesn't have the red ball umpf it used to since they switched it to kenetic based damage instead of plasma.

My scimy did better in there though since it's all AP based weapons and torpedos.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    I was just in the Tzenkethi zone at the time of this post. There were a bunch of people in there and it was progressing. First time for me so I guess they fixed stuff. The stinky part is:

1> I hate fighting mini planet killer ships that the Tzenkethi fly. Front arc is annoying.
    2> My T'varo doesn't have the red ball umpf it used to since they switched it to kenetic based damage instead of plasma.

My scimy did better in there though since it's all AP based weapons and torpedos.

Yeah, my main Fed, I take my phaser heavy cannon Defiant in and I actually do damn well. If that doesn't work, I roll over to my Phaser heavy Phantom and go to work.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    We tested tzenkethi bz on tribble and reported all the bugs long before it was launched, they didn't fix anything and launched it broken anyways. Thats it, end of story, it will be broken forever and will never ever be fixed; just like all the other broken/bugged content. We the players just have to suck it up and adjust our expectations, take the broken content they give us and be glad we get any content at all.
    3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    To be honest it's literally on the far side of the backside of nowhere, coupled with the fact it often bugs out AND the rewards are shockingly bad outside of your daily box and it's no wonder it's not played at all.

I have way more fun just stalking round the Voth contested zone ambushing Voth patrols, or fighting the Citadel waves than in the Tzenkethi BZ.
    And for payout vs time you can't do much better than the Voth ground BZ, or even the Undine BZ. Heck, even Kobali Prime can be good fun if you get a few decent players banding together.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    It's empty because it's terrible.

The Zone is fine, but the mechanics are awful and riddled with bugs that were never fixed. When the zone went live, they did what? 3 maintenance patches to fix it.. and still didn't get it fixed right. After that, they seemed to have given up on it.

Simply put, Cryptic abandoned the zone, and the players followed suit. The work to fix the zone stopped and the zone is still not working right. There is no reason to expect players to spend their time and effort in a broken and badly designed area when it's far more fun and more profitable to just go somewhere else.

The last time I played it was right after their last attempt to fix it. That day, it was working, got the zone to complete.. all was god. Went back later that night and it was stuck again. Never went back, and haven't seen anymore patches for it. Total waste of time.

I suspect the problem here is their scheduling - they have a list of features, bug fixes and content to make, and there is only so much time to clean it up before the next thing starts, and a lot of the stuff is interlocking - delay one feature, and you might have to delay lots. So instead they need to find a new spot at a later date for the fixes, where there are still free spots for it.

But as long as the issues aren't resolved this will remain an unsuccessful battle zone that very few are going to play.

At least the Tzenkethi Queues are working fine, and the Tzenkethi Front is pretty busy, so no need to worry that you don't get Marks and Elite Marks.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    huijian wrote: »
    We tested tzenkethi bz on tribble and reported all the bugs long before it was launched, they didn't fix anything and launched it broken anyways. Thats it, end of story, it will be broken forever and will never ever be fixed; just like all the other broken/bugged content. We the players just have to suck it up and adjust our expectations, take the broken content they give us and be glad we get any content at all.

Cryptic always does that. It is always, thanks for your feedback, but there is no time to fix it before the Season launches. So we will fix it a few weeks or months after the Season is released.

As it currently is, the Tzenkethi Battlezone requires more co-ordination or sacrifice than the other Battlezones. Someone has to give up their time to watch a specific zone since the only guarantee that a zone won't get recaptured is a player in the zone.

The only real bugs in the Battlezone seem to be certain zones not showing that they are getting recaptured, the King of the Hill zones taking 5 minutes instead of 10 minutes before the Tzenkethi start recapturing a zone, and Elite Marks not always being rewarded at the end. The Elite Marks might not get awarded due to the implementation of a participation meter, but all Battlezones should be consistent and requires dev confirmation that such a practice is being implemented. It makes sense to not get any Elite Marks if someone shows up halfway through the final boss fight, but not when they have been active during the final boss fight. All other problems are due to lousy game design.
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »
    The only real bugs in the Battlezone seem to be certain zones not showing that they are getting recaptured, the King of the Hill zones taking 5 minutes instead of 10 minutes before the Tzenkethi start recapturing a zone, and Elite Marks not always being rewarded at the end. The Elite Marks might not get awarded due to the implementation of a participation meter, but all Battlezones should be consistent and requires dev confirmation that such a practice is being implemented. It makes sense to not get any Elite Marks if someone shows up halfway through the final boss fight, but not when they have been active during the final boss fight. All other problems are due to lousy game design.
    "Only?" That list's basically saying the whole zone is borked. The zone recaptures have always been the weakest link in BZ design even when they work correctly, since they don't scale to player count make it impossible to play a low-population instance.

And no, it does not make sense not to get rewards if someone shows up halfway through a bossfight. Designing a reward structure based entirely on tagging multiple bosses and then putting in "participation meters" to hinder players doing that is totally bogus.
  • Options
    huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    As it currently is, the Tzenkethi Battlezone requires more co-ordination or sacrifice than the other Battlezones. Someone has to give up their time to watch a specific zone since the only guarantee that a zone won't get recaptured is a player in the zone.

Last week our armada swarmed the battlezone and did exactly that. We completed it successfully once. After completion the entire battlezone reset and then it went bonkers. Although we had players parked in every captured area defending, the captured areas still went red without any warning, sometimes without even a fight or enemies spawning until after it went red.
    3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    bejaymac wrote: »

so just do those for lukari and tell the TBZ to **** off; and when you need the elite thingummies, just hit up TFA or GKA, whichever has the most people it it at the time​​

That's the problem, nowadays doing group content is a non starter for many players, so it's either battle zones or adventure zones or the summer and winter events to get their marks for the reps, and that's just to complete the reps, getting the gear from them is a completely different story.

Lets take Omega, outside of the queues your stuck with Defera, 5 marks for an easy mission and 7 for a medium, going to take months to get the 1400 marks for just one piece of some the gear, btw 500 of those are to turn into BNPs.

Iconian isn't much better, as you only have two missions on Kobali Prime that give you those marks, but at least you get one elite mark a day from them.

So for some the Summer event is the only time they can get enough marks for some of the reps, as you can have both birds and monkeys on the go at the same time.

Reading your post, it's clear you don't know how these areas work and how to maximize your efforts. As just one very simple example, you can get 2 elite Iconian marks per day on Kobali Prime.
  • Options
    sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    I have managed to get the dreadnought to appear every time I play this zone. You need to play it with a certain tactic but most players don't know the tactic.

The King of the Hill zones is the key you have to make sure as 1 player is around in the zone. When the enemy try to take over the King of the Hill zone you have to intercept them. That way you will avoid the timer and as soon as you defead the enemy there is no TIMER. If you dont have a player around and the TIMER start you will not be able to finish. Keep the KIng of the Hill zone up and work to finish all the other zone you can complete it easily. Weak players are not the problem as most of the time all the players manage to kill everything but the enemy keep respawning until the TIMER runs out.

When I play, I dont see anyone defending the King of the Hill zones. Once I defend the King of the Hill zones and avoid the TIMER, the other players can finish all the zone.

Most players dont play this zone because they can never finish it and there are easier ways to get marks.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User

Last week our armada swarmed the battlezone and did exactly that. We completed it successfully once. After completion the entire battlezone reset and then it went bonkers. Although we had players parked in every captured area defending, the captured areas still went red without any warning, sometimes without even a fight or enemies spawning until after it went red.

The trick is not to defend all the zone but only defend King of the Hill zones. Other zones can retake. If during enemy spawning you can avoid the TIMER once red you have to start all over again.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    I gave up on the battle zone in favour of Red Alerts and the Breach event.

Not looked back since...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    The torture is finally at an end for me. Finally have enough Elite Marks for the rest of the Reputation equipment and Breach Event covers the rest of the marks.

Only good things about this Battlezone is the final boss event is only 7 minutes long compared to 10 minutes for the Badlands Battlezone (forget how long the Voth and Undine Battlezone takes), less involved final boss event compared to Badlands Battlezone, and asteroid soccer is probably the best Battlezone event. Asteroid Soccer would certainly make for a great PvP match assuming that there was any PvPers left in the game.

• Options
    orphtrekorphtrek Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Imagine there is war and nobody showed up ...
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    orphtrek wrote: »

That's because everyone went exploring, the direction the poll requested, and "New Dawn" was supposed to provide.

In all seriousness, this is not the first time broken content dropped. Probably won't be the last.

• Options
    orphtrek wrote: »
    In all seriousness, this is not the first time broken content dropped. Probably won't be the last.

There is just something that feels extremely wrong when Cryptic releases a major patch with no serious problems. As if it is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

This ^^

Nukara Prime : Broken not fixed

Defara : Broken not fixed

Tzen BZ : Broken not fixed

and those are just the BZs there are tons of things broken but wont ever be fixed.
  • Options

This ^^

Nukara Prime : Broken not fixed

Defara : Broken not fixed

Tzen BZ : Broken not fixed

and those are just the BZs there are tons of things broken but wont ever be fixed.
    What's broken on Nukara?