test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The lonely Battlezone

szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
It's been almost 7 weeks since the Tzenkethi Battlezone was introduced. And numbers don't lie. It's prime time in Europe, 8pm on a Monday evening and there's one active zone with 9 players - two of which are AFK at the warp-in point. Yesterday (Sunday) late afternoon there were two active zones, both of them only half filled. It's no exaggeration to say this content has been abandoned by most of the playerbase.

The problems with this battlezone are still very much the same as on day one. The Tzenkethi recapture the points almost instantly and without warning. An issue that lets players fight for hours without ever seeing the final dreadnought phase.

But this is not supposed to be about complaining. It's supposed to be an appeal to the devs. This Battlezone could actually be a lot of fun. The capture point mechanics are interesting and innovative. But getting the final rewards for completion is way too tedious and sometimes outright impossible. Please consider fixing this issue soon before players abandon this otherwise great battlezone for good!

Comments

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    It's been almost 7 weeks since the Tzenkethi Battlezone was introduced. And numbers don't lie. It's prime time in Europe, 8pm on a Monday evening and there's one active zone with 9 players - two of which are AFK at the warp-in point. Yesterday (Sunday) late afternoon there were two active zones, both of them only half filled. It's no exaggeration to say this content has been abandoned by most of the playerbase.

The problems with this battlezone are still very much the same as on day one. The Tzenkethi recapture the points almost instantly and without warning. An issue that lets players fight for hours without ever seeing the final dreadnought phase.

But this is not supposed to be about complaining. It's supposed to be an appeal to the devs. This Battlezone could actually be a lot of fun. The capture point mechanics are interesting and innovative. But getting the final rewards for completion is way too tedious and sometimes outright impossible. Please consider fixing this issue soon before players abandon this otherwise great battlezone for good!

Keep in mind that the Breach is also going on still so that's probably a driving factor to the battlezone being devoid of people.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Add to the fact that this Battlezone will stall easily too.
  • laneweshlanewesh Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I would blame mostly the trolls or poor players quality on Tzenkethi Battlezon :(
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Keep in mind that the Breach is also going on still so that's probably a driving factor to the battlezone being devoid of people.

That might be one reason. But the Badlands Battlezone always has at least twice the amount of players in it. And this one is older and doesn't even offer the newest marks as reward. Given the new reputation Lukari marks should be in high demand.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    It is due to the Tzenkethi Battlezone being broken. Requiring players to stay in a zone and not play the game so that a zone is not recaptured and having certain zones not show on the map that they are being captured makes players not want to go into the Battlezone until it is fixed. Then there is the problem that the Elite Marks don't always drop after defeating the Battlezone. Tzenkethi Battlezone is set up so that it will work better as a queue rather than a Battlezone due to the amount of co-ordination or luck required to complete it. There is also the problem with everything requires a timer instead of objective-based like most other Battlezone objectives.

The other Battlezones just need the players to learn the rules to the Battlezone and do whatever they want.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    Another problem with this battlezone is that all the capture zones are timegated.
    You capture the three arrays? Good, now hold the line for X minutes, no more no less.
    You need 70% to capture this point? You have X minutes to reach that and stay over this number, no more no less.
    You need to deliver more asteroids than the enemy? You have X minutes to do so, no more no less.

And unlike the Badlands the number of allied ships doesn't matter (except maybe with the "reach 70%" areas since you need to download enemy ship data to make the bar rise more), so it's really just a mandatory time limit and one of the reasons the Mirror Incursion event is hated.

And all for about 10 marks and 40 dil.

Yeah, thanks devs, but I think I'm just gonna farm red alerts and the Breach across my characters, it's gonna be faster and more rewarding.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Another problem with this battlezone is that all the capture zones are timegated.
    You capture the three arrays? Good, now hold the line for X minutes, no more no less.
    You need 70% to capture this point? You have X minutes to reach that and stay over this number, no more no less.
    You need to deliver more asteroids than the enemy? You have X minutes to do so, no more no less.

And unlike the Badlands the number of allied ships doesn't matter (except maybe with the "reach 70%" areas since you need to download enemy ship data to make the bar rise more), so it's really just a mandatory time limit and one of the reasons the Mirror Incursion event is hated.

Yeah, thanks devs, but I think I'm just gonna farm red alerts and the Breach across my characters, it's gonna be faster and more rewarding.

I think the underwhelming rewards and the fast recapture without much of warning are the main reasons why the BZ isn't played anymore. I'm not too annoyed by the timers. But a performance based capture mechanic would be preferable. Removing the timers while increasing Tzenkethi resistance at capture points could be a viable solution.

I fear if Cryptic doesn't act soon the Tzenkethi Battlezone will become a ghost town for good.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

I think the underwhelming rewards and the fast recapture without much of warning are the main reasons why the BZ isn't played anymore. I'm not too annoyed by the timers. But a performance based capture mechanic would be preferable. Removing the timers while increasing Tzenkethi resistance at capture points could be a viable solution.

I fear if Cryptic doesn't act soon the Tzenkethi Battlezone will become a ghost town for good.

The timer makes Asteroid Tug and Blockade easier, but extremely difficult for King of the Hill. Asteroid Tug just needs the players to capture more asteroids than the Tzenkethi when the timer goes out instead of capturing all 10. Blockade can be done with just one person for most of the time since you just need to keep one sector secure instead of worrying about all 3.

King of the Hill is too much of a pain. Have 68% captured, but the time goes out, then too bad. You have to start all over again and waste another 5 minutes. Also, King of the Hill gets recaptured every 5 minutes while it might be 10 minutes for the other zones.

• discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    The Badlands Battlezone is actually fun.

It's a rare thing in MMORPGs, devs making content that is actually enjoyable and people want to do it, not because of the reward
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    wanted to love that bz but the bugs made me drop it in favor of tzenkethi front adv
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I would be playing it except for all of the bugs. :(
  • lillihennylillihenny Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Visited it twice. Left angry both times. It looks like it'd be a fun battlezone but it's crucial that players' situational awareness not be bugged. When the Tzenkethi took control points back without the map reporting that a recapture was underway I learned to my disgust that I was being cheated out of my time.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I tried it a number of times. At first after quite some time we could never trigger the Dreadnought Phase. They fixed it and we got to the Dreadnoughts and killed them but I got no Protomatter Containers. Now I am just pushing all 14 of my Characters through Breach.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It's empty because it's terrible.

The Zone is fine, but the mechanics are awful and riddled with bugs that were never fixed. When the zone went live, they did what? 3 maintenance patches to fix it.. and still didn't get it fixed right. After that, they seemed to have given up on it.

Simply put, Cryptic abandoned the zone, and the players followed suit. The work to fix the zone stopped and the zone is still not working right. There is no reason to expect players to spend their time and effort in a broken and badly designed area when it's far more fun and more profitable to just go somewhere else.

The last time I played it was right after their last attempt to fix it. That day, it was working, got the zone to complete.. all was god. Went back later that night and it was stuck again. Never went back, and haven't seen anymore patches for it. Total waste of time.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    The last time I played it was right after their last attempt to fix it. That day, it was working, got the zone to complete.. all was god. Went back later that night and it was stuck again. Never went back, and haven't seen anymore patches for it. Total waste of time.
    Yep. Two of my friends tried it today. The rage was deafening.

I'm waiting until I hear something good about it before I give it a try. Meanwhile, there are plenty of dinosaurs to shoot.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    There are still relatively lots of people doing the Voth Ground Battlezone, the Undine Space Battlezone, and The Badlands Battlezone.

They work.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Haven't touched the battle zone. Racked up all the marks I need from Red Alerts since I've been hearing it's been bugged.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    There are still relatively lots of people doing the Voth Ground Battlezone, the Undine Space Battlezone, and The Badlands Battlezone.

They work.

Absolutely.

Battle Zones are still very popular, it's only the new one that no one bothers with because it's a broken mess and a total waste of time. Honestly, it's ridiculous that this made it off Tribble and onto the live server to begin with.

One of my favorite things to do in this game is Battle Zones, I love them. I do the Badlands and Undine space zones all the time and never have any problem getting enough people to complete it. The new zone.. I won't even waste my time entering it.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I've been there a few times, haven't had any problems, but I also didn't stick around for the full zone, just capped a point got my daily bonus & rolled out.

Most of the people that are still there are doing that exact thing. The only reason I would go there was if I needed marks and I was on a cooldown for Borg and Undine Red Alerts. Even then though, I would be more likely to just wait 30 min then go to the new zone.

As I said before, it appears that Cryptic has given up on it so the players have followed suit. When was the last patch for it? If they're not going to fix it, the players aren't going to waste their time.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    I have never bin in the zone when the bosses were activated I have spent a couple hours in this zone and nothing. The capture points are retaken nearly instantly "as soon as you leave to the next capture point." I have heard people say it is because the low quality of players but I have played all other zones with success and some of the capture points in the other zones I have completed by my self but the Tzenkethi battle zone just sucks I come back to it every week to see if it has bin fixed: now its just annoying.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User

I actually enjoy the Battlezones and still go play in them fairly regularly just for the fun of it, BUT when I tried doing the new Tzenkethi Battlezone a few times it was always bugged in some way. The first time I went nothing would spawn at all-no enemies nothing. The second time certain zones couldn't be capture at all. The third time the captured zones were being recaptured almost immediately and even when we tried leaving players in captured zones to prevent capture they still reverted to the Tzenkethi. The final time I actually managed to finish the zone and didn't get a reward. It was a broken mess and I basically gave up on it. It really soured me to the point of not wanting to ever go back there again.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Battlezones have gone steadily downhill since the undine and apparently finally fell off the cliff with this one.

I'll stick with the voth BZ. Even after they ruined the biggest fun by nerfing dino tagging it's still the best one and there are usually at least 2-3 full instances.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    give 6k + dil. for 20 min on every bz and people will play it ^^
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    It's a zone that relies on being full and the main reason people would do it would be to get marks for rep grinding.

Add on top of that the significant teething issues that should never have hit the live game and you have a place that had some interesting ideas, like the rock shoving, but quickly became pointless as you need the numbers to actually "win" the zone fight overall.

If I take an alt in for rep marks I tend to simply stick around one of the points unless I can instance hop into a full one. But the risk there is you hit one thats ending and those folk will leave after.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    I haven't visited the new Tzenketi battle zone in 3 weeks, but back then it was still bugged with no rewards, zone reset and enemy respawn.

Another drawback is that the newest BZ is literally in the middle of nowhere.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    As it is it should be placed with the Captains Table or as I like to call it Wasted Space. Im done with the Zone, so are most of my friends who I play with. It may be slow but I will get the marks any-other way I can. Its just another item to be added to the list of great things done with the great Nerf of 2017. I will visit it from time to time to see if anything has changed.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Running the breach event once each day more than covers whats needed to build the rep side for at least a single faction.

Obviously for chasing gear you need the extra doohickey but options are there for those as well even if you go so far as to opt for patience and time one the one per day from marks.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Yeah tbh if they wanted people in the bz they shouldnt have allowed lukari marks from the breach, most people already just use tzenkethi front for their daily fill because its reasonably quick and more fun i think.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Never been there. Reports of long-standing bugs and frustration were warning signs enough to stay away.

Time-gated maps? Amazing. I can't wait to recommend Star Trek Online to all of my friends so we can sit and wait together for zero reason in addition to the 'soft' time gates provided by NPC hit points and mission objectives.

I can't wait for a new STO battlezone, one with added cut-scenes that can't be skipped. So much fun. (mandatory /sarcasm).
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Tried the BZ twice and it was meh. Seemed a lot of work for not much reward.