test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Griefers

Please put an end to the morons constantly setting off mines, grenades, pattern enhancers, etc. in the common non-battle areas; and otherwise abusing their captain's powers to block things and/or harass other players.

That is all, thank you.

Comments

• Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Note to self: Find OP's toon and deploy Disco Ball near it.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Please make people sell me the coolest lockbox ships for reasonable prices. When I see the prices I have grief.
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    Note to self: Find OP's toon and deploy Disco Ball near it.

You will be like this guy if you do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU

But not nearly as whatever the eff he is.
  • Options
    What can you block with mines, grenades, or pattern enhancers?

Nothing like rezzing out while trying to use the exchange console, or having an explosion go off when you aren't expecting it. But you already know what I'm talking about.

What wasn't unexpected was you being the first to reply.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I usually just ignore disco balls, explosions, nearly naked females and out of proportion males when I'm in a social zone. Can't do much about them except ignore them. It's a social zone, not like anyone can actually hurt you.

I keep a disco ball nullifier in my bank so I only dance when I want to when they go off around me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    It's really not that hard to do ;)

What boggles the mind are all the people who expect change to satisfy their opinion of aesthetically pleasing.

And while explosions and disco balls are hard to ignore visually, it's still easy to just shrug and go about my business. And if I really didn't want to be around a bunch of people (and sometimes I don't), I simply swap to my Nandi so I can do my business in peace and quiet. Or my Tuffli if I'm on a captain that has one of those.

But seriously, it's people having fun. There was only one time where intentional griefing actually griefed me really hard, and I've pretty much gotten over it cause in the long run griefing really isn't that important. And ignoring is an almost sure way to get it to tone down. Don't call attention to it and the griefer moves on.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Yeah, if there is something I don't want to see, I turn my face away.
    ^ Pretty much this. For me, its as simple as that. :smiley:

[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    echatty wrote: »
    I usually just ignore disco balls, explosions, nearly naked females and out of proportion males when I'm in a social zone. Can't do much about them except ignore them. It's a social zone, not like anyone can actually hurt you.

I keep a disco ball nullifier in my bank so I only dance when I want to when they go off around me.

Yeah, if there is something I don't want to see, I turn my face away.

I do as well by changing instances...right after reporting their behavior & then ignoring them. It'd be nice if stuff just didn't work where it wasn't supposed to.
  • Options
    Personally, I don't think much will be done to people who shoot off their abilities in social zones. They're pretty much giant playgrounds where people blow off steam by blowing up virtual explosives and hold dance parties.

Same thing will probably happen on Risa when the SE begins.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    You know there are other places you can go besides DS9, ESD and Drozana. Most are almost desolate. lso, you could save 40-50mil and get a D'Kora unless you have a Nandi or Nagus. If you got a bank roll, go big and get a Cell Ship
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    A few posts up I did mention that, depending on which Captain I'm playing I do swap to my Nandi or Tuffli if I want peace and quiet.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,200 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    There's people who block off the entrance in the beginning area of Defend Rh'lhho Station with cover shields stopping people from moving forward, people who keep one of the questions open in Undine Infiltration preventing people from moving on so they are forced to leave with a leaver penalty, and people who activate the devices in Brotherhood of the Sword Elite too early so it fails the whole mission, they are the kind of griefers which annoy me to no end. Yes I am aware not everyone who fails Brotherhood is a griefer but I am sure some of them are doing it on purpose.
  • Options
    avoozuul wrote: »
    There's people who block off the entrance in the beginning area of Defend Rh'lhho Station with cover shields stopping people from moving forward, people who keep one of the questions open in Undine Infiltration preventing people from moving on so they are forced to leave with a leaver penalty, and people who activate the devices in Brotherhood of the Sword Elite too early so it fails the whole mission, they are the kind of griefers which annoy me to no end. Yes I am aware not everyone who fails Brotherhood is a griefer but I am sure some of them are doing it on purpose.

Ya but this guy is talking about disco balls or something.

No, this guy is talking about people intentionally bothering others. Cover shields in front of bank consoles, pattern enhancers, random explosions, things like that. You are being intentionally obtuse.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    The thing I've seen a lot of this weekend that is driving me a bit batty is ppl dropping mines in the Arena of Sompek. It holds up the progress to the next level until they despawn.

For the amount of time I and others have explained this to the offending player, combined with the fact that it doesn't stop them from continuing to do it, I have to wonder if they were griefing...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    This dude needs more Disco balls, Or even better, to get incessantly pegged by bio dampeners...Or both, you talk about an annoying hinderance, dat combo can slow som older machines down lol, and getting pegged by multiple dampeners gets old fast...

And those 2 aren't even glitchy...

Looking forward to this "arena"...my sci captain needs an enemy on par with a raid boss for the enemy to not die in 2 seconds, there's not a borg boss i can't beat with it, on any difficuly (yes, even the borg queen, last one standing with survival setup)
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    echatty wrote: »
    A few posts up I did mention that, depending on which Captain I'm playing I do swap to my Nandi or Tuffli if I want peace and quiet.

The Captain's Table is always very quiet...
    And explosions go off all the time in star trek, literally watch any episode.

I prefer to metaphorically watch episodes, thank you very much!

All this talk of griefing makes me miss my bio-thermal dampener grenade's original ice block effect.
    STOwiki notes the day the fun died...
    Feb 10, 2011 Patch, reworked the Bio-Thermal Dampener effect to last longer but use a new effect that removes players’ ability to grief.
    :'(
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Please put an end to the morons constantly setting off mines, grenades, pattern enhancers, etc. in the common non-battle areas; and otherwise abusing their captain's powers to block things and/or harass other players.

That is all, thank you.

There is always a cry baby. OP is defintly one. News for you OP Mines, Grenades, and Weapons are DISABLED in common areas. So ya learn the game. I think you may be mistaking party packs and the noise makers THAT ARE NOT CAPTAINS POWERS for Captains Powers! In the mean time grow a pair.
    Post edited by ssbn655 on
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,200 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Smoke grenades are not disabled in common areas, and some areas haven't disabled the mine-roll from the Commando specialization.

The problem with what the OP said is the lack of very specific info on what they are referring to.
  • Options
    lowy1 wrote: »
    You know there are other places you can go besides DS9, ESD and Drozana. Most are almost desolate. lso, you could save 40-50mil and get a D'Kora unless you have a Nandi or Nagus. If you got a bank roll, go big and get a Cell Ship

I only go to the places you mentioned when necessity dictates, otherwise, I am far far away. D!ckheads have found that, too, and there are usually only one or two instances in which to avoid them.