test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I wonder what those baby arms are good for. Scratching each other's back?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,348 Community Moderator
    These guys look bad@$$.
    szim wrote: »
    I wonder what those baby arms are good for. Scratching each other's back?

The blog says the smaller arms are useful for interacting with alien tech/keyboards and the panels on their armor.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Time to dust off the weapons and ships. They have been docked for sometime now. And seems they are going to be tough it says as they are like those tanks in MMOs that can absorb damage.
  • Options
    xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    this guys look bad TRIBBLE no friendly intentions that sure look like covenant from halo XD

c062d0e3eb5917102dba7721e86d6c651483472493.jpg

nexus.jpg

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,332 Arc User
    Always thought they were canine..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    megawolf0 wrote: »
    Time to dust off the weapons and ships. They have been docked for sometime now. And seems they are going to be tough it says as they are like those tanks in MMOs that can absorb damage.

I'm hoping that they will be tanky, that would be cool to see in NPCs. I'm also hoping that their ships will be tanky, kinda like the Samsar was when it was released.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    That's not at all what I had imagined a Tzenkethi to look like (another reptilian?) but at least it's creative. I like the multiple drone thing and hope for new drones for our captains as well. Engineers need more drones!​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    kyle223cat wrote: »

I'm hoping that they will be tanky, that would be cool to see in NPCs. I'm also hoping that their ships will be tanky, kinda like the Samsar was when it was released.

Better be ready as it also says our first battle with them we might end up retreating like that mission with the Iconians when they came in.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Looking awesome, though I'm a bit disappointed they didn't go with the "femme fatale" direction:
    Several Tzenkethi characters appear in the Star Trek: Typhon Pact novel Rough Beasts of Empire. In these novels, they are described as being humanoid in shape, and extremely attractive to many different races. Because of their internal biology which is effectively various fluid-filled sacs, they have a very fluid movement. Their skin pigmentation apparently ranges across the entire visible spectrum, in addition to having a slight phosphorescent glow. Bioluminescence is also common on the Tzenkethi homeworld.
    I am open-minded, but they are not attractive to my tastes.
    One can hope sexual dimorphism is important. Wouldn't mind seeing attractive Tzenkethi trying to pound me to death.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    questerius wrote: »
    Always thought they were canine..
    Nope, the Tzenkethi were never given a description in offical Star Trek canon.

Yea so the Dev team have creative privileges with them.
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    oh....more bad guys.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,332 Arc User
    edited January 2017

reyan01 wrote: »
    kyle223cat wrote: »

I hope that they have something that counters BFAW. That'd be hilarious! :D

A feed back pulse style ability. It would also be interesting to see shield based upon the adapted borg technology by the Tal Shiar.
    Adaptation to X energy weapon, vulnerable to torpedoes. Adaptation to torpedoes, vulnerable to energy.

The biggest pain to the current meta would be some ability which negates AoE abilities.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    Now I wonder if we might get a new sector?
  • Options
    Now I wonder if we might get a new sector?
    the Tzenkethi system is already on the in-game map.

But tribble has 15 new sectors added to the Alpha quadrant... so yes

Where? Went to tribble a while ago and never seen any.
  • Options
    Where? Went to tribble a while ago and never seen any.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1226195/new-sector-map-on-tribble/p1

Fairly large thread about it, and I see them when I go on Tribble.

Nevermind but thanks. I had to actually take my ship to the alpha quadrant.
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Looking awesome, though I'm a bit disappointed they didn't go with the "femme fatale" direction:
    Several Tzenkethi characters appear in the Star Trek: Typhon Pact novel Rough Beasts of Empire. In these novels, they are described as being humanoid in shape, and extremely attractive to many different races. Because of their internal biology which is effectively various fluid-filled sacs, they have a very fluid movement. Their skin pigmentation apparently ranges across the entire visible spectrum, in addition to having a slight phosphorescent glow. Bioluminescence is also common on the Tzenkethi homeworld.
    One can hope sexual dimorphism is important. Wouldn't mind seeing attractive Tzenkethi trying to pound me to death.

I liked the Tzenkethi as described in those novels, and was hoping that they'd keep towards that style...

...but these things look really cool, so I guess I'm fine with them going another way.

Besides, the descriptions of Tzenkethi tech and environments in the novels would have been pretty tough to reproduce in a combat environment.

From Memory Beta:

They use artificial gravity envelopes to make use of all surfaces within a room. It is a frequent practice for people to live and work on what humans would consider the ceiling of a room, referred to as the "superior deck," as compared to the inferior and anterior decks (the floor and walls, respectively). Using only the floor of a room is considered wasteful and uncomfortably vulnerable.
  • Options
    So they are like upside down?
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    "Oh no, that's not right!!!"
    /Galaxy Quest

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    So they are like upside down?

What exactly do you mean, upside down?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    mkm1911#2674 mkm1911 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    "The Tzenkethi are coming."

Yeah, for PC I'm sure.

Consoles haven't even gotten all the old s**t yet.
  • Options
    kesselrunner#0768 kesselrunner Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    "Master Chief? How are Tzenkethi born?"

"Well, you see, when a Grunt and a Brute love each other very much..." ;)
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    "We explored a wide range of ideas from the “femme fatale” kind of alien to the current “brute” iteration."
    >> Femme Fatale Alien <<- Make This Happen! Don't scrap that idea!
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿