test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lukari Community Ship Voting (Final Round)

Comments

• chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    seriously perfect world, why not just have charlie and echo as alternative skins?

Yes! Just make the other finalist skins secondary options because if you look at the voting its clearly not a landslide vote and relatively even at 1 out of 3 for all.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Team Echo
    I could go for the other skin/designs being alternative options for the ship, though I would not mind at all if they were put into the c-store. Kinda like how I feel about several designs of the jupiter class in the last event like this they did, where they could have been released as alt skins for the ship at a cost in the c-store to recoup some of the cost, which with this event might be even more possible with the fan-push on some of the specific designs.
  • a4new4worlda4new4world Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Team Echo
    All are nice, but Echo is the only one that feels like a trekkie ship in my opinion. The other 2 I don't think would fit in as well. Echo however sort of feels slightly ferengi or cardassian.
  • andymous87andymous87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Team Echo
    I voted for team echo, but really all these could work given the role of the ship whether its eng., sci., or tac. oriented.

what I'm going to say is likely going to fall on deaf ears (or blind eyes/illiterate brains in this case), but I'll say it anyway. I think we should have an option in-game what ship they should have, because all of 3 of these seem to cater to the different roles, or could be inspired by the 3 factions that they encounter; Alpha= possible romulan influence, Charlie= possible federation influence, echo= possible Klingon influence. Yes, they could easily all been inspired by a single faction, but that's not the point. The point is that why do they have to go all Highlander villain on it (i.e., why do only one of these have to win) when all 3 of these would be viable choices given what influence they have, whether it be factional, player career base, or simply the player telling them what direction they should go with it.

I'm too tired to elaborate, but hopefully that gives the devs the idea, if they're looking at all. the point is all 3 look nice and would like all of them, I'm rooting for echo, but whatever the choice is I'll buy it or maybe not, who knows.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    One thing that I liked about Star Trek is how there's many differing Alien races doing their own thing whether it be their differing stance in diplomacy or ship designs, making yet another race use the same ship design that humans invented in the 60's which is also a part of Star Trek canon's past history (real life 60's history is a part of Star Trek canon among other things) and present utilization of it just seems very boring to me regardless of it having extra parts or not.
  • metalmonkey81metalmonkey81 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Team Charlie #FTW
  • dtepasdtepas Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Alpha
  • damon7980damon7980 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Can someone tell me what tholian design the Alpha looks like? Because after I looked at the tholian ships they does not look like alpha at all.

Elachi S'Golth looks kinda like alpha but does not look too simular.

This is, in my opinion, where all the ships designs look like they were inspired from:

Alpha - Elachi S'Golth

Charlie - Starfleet Nebula class

Echo - Son'a, Romulan Mogai flying backwards(if you take off the neck and bridge section), D'Kora flying backwards(if you take off the neck and bridge section), Nandi (if you take off the neck and bridge section)

But then again, this is only in my opinion, I would not mind if either Alpha or Charlie wins, I like both of them. :)
  • andyin2dandyin2d Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    A L P H A
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Sadly, it looks like Alpha is going to win.

Let's hope it has good stats to get over the uglyness of the design!

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Sure, pick the one design I like the least. It's like casting shows, my favorites are always eliminated. :#
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    Well we can't always get what we want, but who knows, it might still have a chance to turn around at some point.
  • grbubbagrbubba Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Alpha reminds me of The Jetsons cars, Charlie reminds me of the Jupiter 2 from Lost in Space and Echo is clearly a flying Bat'leth. So of those my vote can only be for the Jupiter 2, Team Charlie all the way!
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    seriously perfect world, why not just have charlie and echo as alternative skins?

Yes! Just make the other finalist skins secondary options because if you look at the voting its clearly not a landslide vote and relatively even at 1 out of 3 for all.

Because that's three times as much modeling work for the same payout. Why would you even ask?

I mean, I'm super disappointed that we're getting stuck with the flying conference phone, but it's just not reasonable to ask for extra work just because the fan base is full of people with awful taste.

(I'm never forgiving you, team alpha!)
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    All are nice, but Echo is the only one that feels like a trekkie ship in my opinion. The other 2 I don't think would fit in as well. Echo however sort of feels slightly ferengi or cardassian.

I keep seeing these kinds of sentiments.

NEW. SPECIES.

The Cardassian ships don't look like anything we had before. The Ferengi ships didn't look like anything we had before. The Elachi, the Son'a, the Klingons, the Naussicans...Not a one of them looked like the ships that already existed in the Star Trek Universe. Not to mention that even among federation ships, you have a wide variety of different visual styles.

The Lukari are a new race, with a new aesthetic perspective. "It just doesn't look like a trek ship" is the most limited, unimaginative perspective I've seen here.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Long Live The Dorito! Kree!

But this was a hard choice. Makes me wish we could have two ships. My second choice would have been Charlie.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • shadowkey392shadowkey392 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Team Charlie! Team Charlie! Ignore all the votes for team Alpha and team Echo!
  • rpenrodrpenrod Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Charlie
    heavensrun wrote: »

I keep seeing these kinds of sentiments.

NEW. SPECIES.

The Cardassian ships don't look like anything we had before. The Ferengi ships didn't look like anything we had before. The Elachi, the Son'a, the Klingons, the Naussicans...Not a one of them looked like the ships that already existed in the Star Trek Universe. Not to mention that even among federation ships, you have a wide variety of different visual styles.

The Lukari are a new race, with a new aesthetic perspective. "It just doesn't look like a trek ship" is the most limited, unimaginative perspective I've seen here.

heavensrun, you have spoken truth here. I also like how the one gamer took the screenshots of each ship and proceeded to like or dislike them based on how many hangars they would have for pets/shuttles...one criteria to decide what ship we should have...hangars...wow. Oh and as if warp coils have to be straight..it's a coil...or the impulse engines being rounded off, yet for the D'Kora it's ok...smh. #TeamCharlie
  • solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Hmm, hows-about a tac, sci, and eng variant, which will include all three of these designs? Then you can mix and match skins on your favorite variant! Half dorito, half batarang! Half Disc, half dorito! Yeah, it would probably be a modeling nightmare, the designs are pretty much night and day different. Although...the disk can fit in the center of the dorito, and the batarang could be an aux ship, sort of like the Aquarius. Hmm, multi-vector assault type tech? I'm ranting now, time for some coffee...
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Charlie
    I hope the designs that don't make it do not get scrapped.

Honestly speaking, it'd be nice if they represented Engineering, Science and Tactical ships, respectively, for the Lukari.

Winning design gets released first, that sort of thing. Or the other two made available in the C-Store at a later time.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    dkeith2011 wrote: »
    Alpha for the X-Files vibe.

Honestly speaking, it's more of a Stargate: SG-1 vibe (squat versions of the Gh'ul's pyramid ships) with STO's 31st Century ship glowing hemispheres.
  • mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Echo
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • ltalvaez100ltalvaez100 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha

[...]Also, Borg-design is about efficiency[...]

If the Borg are all about efficiency, then why are the flying giant f*cking cubes?? Mathematically seen a sphere is the most efficient three dimensional form. Of course one can now say very irritated: "But...but they use spheres!" :o
    Yep, they do...but only as secondary ships. The ships used for great scale battles most of the time are cubes, tactical cubes, cubes...did I mention cubes? B)
    So, looking at it that way the question comes up - in the best sense of Star Trek of course^^ _ how it can be efficient to power an integrity field to hold the cube in its shape, when without the field it literally has enough mass to pull itself into spherical form? Furthermore - when the Borg thought about it they maybe didn't realize it - it's a giant cube. Maneuver that thing takes around can't exactly be that easy, nor in any way efficient.

So, enough being clever and pissing everybody off. Just read the comment an my brain went boom. :smiley:
    Please, don't take it personal...I just can't stand the Borg.^^

Oh, yeah, and I really like Alpha. I knew I forgot something. :blush:

Post edited by ltalvaez100 on
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,249 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Charlie needs an ARGO buggy^-^
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Charlie
    heavensrun wrote: »

Because that's three times as much modeling work for the same payout. Why would you even ask?

I mean, I'm super disappointed that we're getting stuck with the flying conference phone, but it's just not reasonable to ask for extra work just because the fan base is full of people with awful taste.

(I'm never forgiving you, team alpha!)

Extra work? All of the skins we have been voting on have already been created. Its not like they came up with the art then design the ship after. All these models are fully completed and ready to go, so its just a few button clicks to add them as skins.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Let's be honest, team charlie. We all know that if you win, the first day the ship is out, there'll be people complaining that they can't figure out which way is forward. Hell, the Nandi had clear indicators about which way it was supposed to fly, and people still got confused.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • duncon1973duncon1973 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Alpha has email scandals, and Charlie is a womanizer.......Echo is the clear silent favorite due to not being heard
  • sophia#6343 sophia Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Charlie! :)
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    I like Charlie, but having said that could be a chance here for all three the wedge could be their destroyer, saucer the science and the batarang could be scaled down to fighter/shuttle or even saty it's size and be the cruiser... When we get these this year though could we have full function? that bs about anniversary ships hitting the c-store later with their coolest feature being pay to win sucks.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • hunterpdx1hunterpdx1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I went back and forth between Alpha and Charlie but finally settled on Team Alpha. I realized the illuminated hatching around the saucer and beveled curve was reminding me of a D'Kora design a little bit. But I did love the idea of a saucer.