test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how to end kelvin timeline

Comments

• Options
    gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    I know this is a joke/make fun of kelvin timeline but in a true aspect, the devs will keep supporting it. They had a chance a long time ago to chuck JJS star trek, which would have been better for everyone. They chose not to go that route. The kelvin dreadnought is overclocked to say the least in game. Not to mention they up and decided that the little puny scout ship the klingons were flying in the second JJ star trek was a bird of prey. Now if one of them had bothered to pay attention they would have noticed it was NOT a starship. As it was able to be taken down by small arms fire by one man. Sorry a starship and yes even a Bird of prey has something called shields. So no that thing was not a Bird of Prey. Not to mention re watched that second movie and JJ like the TRIBBLE he is rewrote the name of the Klingon Homeworld in that time line. I tell you the man did star trek more harm then good. So I have no idea why the devs keep giving the kelvin timeline such a shine job. Oh wait yes I do we must give the feds everything they want. Here I am just looking for a simple tier six Hegh'ta heavy bird of prey.

As for the non important/joke discussion. It is simple go back and time and prevent the Enterprise c from moving into the future. Sela is never born the end.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    gaalom wrote: »
    As for the non important/joke discussion. It is simple go back and time and prevent the Enterprise c from moving into the future. Sela is never born the end.

But what if by removing the Castillo Timeline through actions in the Prime Timeline you set up a butterfly reaction from that Yar from that alternate, war driven timeline, ending up in the Kelvin Timeline instead?

Rip Hunter and Booster Gold need to weigh in on this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Yeah, I hate when people scale up Bird of Preys to make them something else, that never happened in Real Trek ever
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    birds of prey aren't that large...otherwise the bounty wouldn't have been able to dive under the golden gate bridge without either skimming the surface of the water or hitting the bridge​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    birds of prey aren't that large...otherwise the bounty wouldn't have been able to dive under the golden gate bridge without either skimming the surface of the water or hitting the bridge​​

KlinKV2.jpg

Depends how you look at them...They're bigger on the outside.

GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    those are k'vort cruisers, not birds of prey​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I think a K'Vort would be a raider in STO not a cruiser or BC...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    the k'vort is the size of a galaxy; no raider is that big​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    TOS didn't actually happen. It was some stoners groovy dream of a completely unrealistic spaceship populated by people from some misogynistic culture, who spend their time pushing k.n.o.b.s. and blowing whistles on outdated technology.
  • Options
    Depending on which episode you're watching the K'vort is whatever the writers wanted it to be to save money....BOP, cruiser, scout ship it was called them all.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,666 Arc User
    I'd have it with Scotty, waking up out of his drunken slumber (in the episode with the Kelvins, ironically) after getting the Kelvin glutton drunk to the point of having passed out, and saying "Auch!" `looks at the empty bottle` "No more of you, I'm afriad!" ~throws away bottle, it being heard shattering off screen~ ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    starkaos wrote: »
    You can't truly *end* the Kelvin Timeline because it is a branch universe and anything that you do to change things will merely spin off another branch universe (if it is a temporal aberration that will irreparably damage and compromise the functional fabric of the space time continuum , then and only then, will time travelers step in to intervene. However it has already been established in the STO timeline that the Kelvin timeline *is* stable and the mission to travel into it reinforces that notion. Furthermore as the Hobus explosion happened in the Prime timeline, we have to take it that the characters contemporary with that event live with the consequences as they would a normal tragic event. From a "present day" perspective, tragic as events are... it would be assumed that "life goes on". Anyone from the future who seeked to affect the Hobus event would merely create another branch timeline (although we don't know whether this would be unstable). Now by all means this universe could continue with a Romulan Star Empire and it would look very much like the status quo you are left with at the end of Nemesis... but it would not be a continuation, merely another deviation like the Kelvin timeline itself. The Hobus event is observed history and therefore it is part of the Prime timeline.

Remember the only previous attempt to restore Romulus was only put forward when the present day security of the Prime timeline was endangered. They only entertained the idea because of the starkness of the Iconian threat... and of course it didn't work out.

The interesting thing is that in effect according to real life temporal theory, the present you return to after traveling to the past should be unchanged (this is why branch theory exists and how paradox is avoided), but for observable changes to be made, the implication is that there are parallel universes very similar or identical to the Prime one, in which actions were taken by our time travelers interdimensional counterparts that mirrored the choices of our time travelers which caused the changes in our timeline. That said, strictly speaking it shouldn't be possible to be in a timeline with any observable changes.

There is nothing in Star Trek 2009 that specifies that the Kelvin Universe is a branch universe. It is just as likely that the Kelvin Universe is a parallel universe that is extremely similar to the 23rd Century. After all, there is nothing that forces all parallel universes to have the same time. Some might go faster, some might go slower, some might look like the future, and some might look like the past. Only someone like Q or Daniels could tell if the Kelvin Universe is a branch universe or a parallel universe.

STO specifically states that the Kelvin Universe is a parallel universe in the Terminal Expanse mission.
    In 2387, an incident created a quantum rift between our universe and this one. A Romulan ship accidentally traveled here through a singularity.

They found themselves in 2233 and later destroyed the U.S.S. Kelvin in battle. This caused their timeline to differ from ours - as a result, we now refer to it as the Kelvin Timeline.

We believe the Sphere Builders communicate with their operatives through the rift.

The only issue is if there is only one Kelvin Universe or if there is the Kelvin-STO Universe and Kelvin-Movies Universe. If there is only one Kelvin Universe, then the few minutes in Star Trek 2009 showing the 24th Century takes place in the STO Universe not the Prime Universe. STO's lore and the Terminal Expanse mission clearly shows that the STO Universe messed up a parallel universe to become a Kelvin Universe. Whether it is the Kelvin Universe or Kelvin-STO Universe remains to be seen.

As someone else pointed out, Quinto Spock and Uhura state it is a parallel timeline in dialogue:
    Spock: You're assuming that Nero knows how events are predicted to unfold. The contrary, Nero's very presence has altered the flow of history, beginning with the attack on the U.S.S. Kelvin, culminating in the events of today, thereby creating an entire new chain of incidents that cannot be anticipated by either party.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: An alternate reality.

Spock: Precisely. Whatever our lives might have been, if the time continuum was disrupted, our destinies have changed.

Now a lot of people will assume this line means a retcon... but it doesn't. Spock is waxing philosophical about destiny here and of course he is talking from his perspective. He's simply stating that whatever the crew do at this point, it won't match the timeline that Nero came from.

Oh and by the way, Spock's line about Nero's actions creating a new chain of events effectively state it *is* a branch timeline And a branch timeline *is* a parallel universe anyway.... the only distinction is that a branch universe does not occur alongside other parallel universes until it is created by the event that starts it... so to say we aren't told if it is parallel or branch is just arguing tomahto/tomayto - the name you call it doesn't change what it is, it will merely change the label.

That said, you are probably correct in your assertion that in some versions of many universe theory it is entirely possible that the timeline you arrive will not be the same one to start with. The trouble you have with that in this case, is that the implication in dialogue in the film is that it was the same timeline (albeit granted that was Spock's assumption/hypothesis), and therefore the branch timeline was created.

The problem with Star Trek 2009, is that like pretty much all science fiction stories involving time travel, it plays fast and loose with the time travel mechanism. I.e. Nero and Spock travel through the same anomaly at different times and arrive in different periods in the same timeline. I don't think this should happen. As the anomaly grows/weakens in strength, the window to path increases/decreases in "length", but I'm not sure that it should be allowed by physices to detach from the singular timeline it originates from. If that's the case, then Spock should have emerged in the time of TOS and his actions there should have created yet another timeline, whilst Nero went about unchecked in the Kelvin.

However I admit I'm unclear on that and besides we know that if you adhere too closely to real physics, it might make for a poor/boring story.

I have an old school friend who is a Professor in Manchester whose field is Temporal Perception. I may actually check up on some of the finer points and post them here for anyone who is interested.
  • Options
    Well when you get into timelines it can get complicated, but the Federation being conquered by the Klingons isnt really a bad thing. Think of all the mistakes made by Federation captains that cause problems for the entire galaxy. As for the Bird of Prey you guys really need to re watch the episodes and movies on the Bird of Prey that ship is as big as the Defiant was and in some cases bigger. They can call it a bop all they want to spin a buck but it is not a bop. In fact I looked it up on the official star trek website and none of the Kelvin ships are listed there. I found that most interesting. People always assume a Bop is small and that is not the case in most interactions in the movies and shows. As for the Bops that helped that Enterprise, nothing was said in that show, if my memory serves about them being K'Vort. If my memory serves me correctly JJ originally wanted to make the Klingons appear weak more human like. So it does not surprise me that they make a scout ship that can be taken down by small arms fire, and then to spin a buck call it a bird of prey. To make the fed fan base happy.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Nimoy played Spock, prime Spock, in the 2009 film. It's on screen. At this point the debate is really getting weird.

As stated, he's passed. We will all miss him. But there's no more to be done with Spock by Nimoy.
    Oh, dear Nimoy... ;(
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq_iN5hGNSQ
    Something to cheer us up.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    binebane wrote: »
    so one specific vulcan scientist from 32nd century goes back to past kills nero and prevents vulcan distruction and kills kelvin timeline.
    and we finally get post nemesis star trek.

:D This JJ-Trek hate does provide much needed comedy; there should be an entire JJ-Faction with a slew of JJ-ships and other goodies just for spite. :p
  • Options
    mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    our charachter travel in past, kills the Nero, kill the Hakkev so no one don't use the iconian weapon to ruin the Romulus star, inicite uprising to crush empire so the republic could be establish and fix the timeline, so kelvin timeline stop exist and vulcan is saved, and then Kelvin Federation will be able to win in dominion war and sign peace with klingons, and kilingons will not be the Tuteri "Sphere builders" puppets.

And all is fixed :)
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    so one specific vulcan scientist from 32nd century goes back to past kills nero and prevents vulcan distruction and kills kelvin timeline.

:D This JJ-Trek hate does provide much needed comedy; there should be an entire JJ-Faction with a slew of JJ-ships and other goodies just for spite. :p

Either that or someone should post a video of their JJprise blasting a T6 Connie out of the sky (I'd genuinely like to see someone do a pvp one on one).

I genuinely don't know how those battles would turn out, one would think the rarer ship would be stronger but in the right hands that might not be the case.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @gaalom

The only BoPs seen during the era of Kirk are small ships, capable of atmospheric flight and carrying a small crew. As for this assertion that people should rewatch the films, I gave you a direct quote from the film in which the first Klingon BoP was seen, watch it yourself since you obviously don't remember. ST The Voyage Home by the way gave a direct size comparison between a BoP & a 20th century whaling ship, a size by the way completely in line with the ship in STID using the Klingons rapelling down from them as a comparison. The Defiant only carried a crew of 57 and also frequently changed size in episodes.

As for the Star Trek website, its been out of date for years. Check the revised Trek Encyclopedia, which will be out soon, by Mike & Denise Okuda. They, under contract from Paramount & CBS, originated the Kelvin Timeline label. None of your arguments change the fact that the decision to label the ship from STID as a BoP was Paramount's & CBS' s, not Cryptic's.

Oh and one last thing. The only reason why Gene created Trek, the only reason why CBS or Paramount continue to make Trek is to make money, nothing else (well ok Gene was using it to get laid also) so I don't know what point you think you have there.

My point is whatever the motives are they can declare what they will, it does not make it so. Star Trek the voyage home they show the Bop hovering over a ancient earth ship. That thing was at least three to four times the size of the scout ship seen in the kelvin time line. However your point is well taken, but I will not surrender to the idea, that the bop is a weak ship that can be taken down by small arms fire by one little human.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,666 Arc User

Either that or someone should post a video of their JJprise blasting a T6 Connie out of the sky (I'd genuinely like to see someone do a pvp one on one).

I genuinely don't know how those battles would turn out, one would think the rarer ship would be stronger but in the right hands that might not be the case.

I'd rather see a video of the opposite. ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    starkaos wrote: »
    You can't truly *end* the Kelvin Timeline because it is a branch universe and anything that you do to change things will merely spin off another branch universe (if it is a temporal aberration that will irreparably damage and compromise the functional fabric of the space time continuum , then and only then, will time travelers step in to intervene. However it has already been established in the STO timeline that the Kelvin timeline *is* stable and the mission to travel into it reinforces that notion. Furthermore as the Hobus explosion happened in the Prime timeline, we have to take it that the characters contemporary with that event live with the consequences as they would a normal tragic event. From a "present day" perspective, tragic as events are... it would be assumed that "life goes on". Anyone from the future who seeked to affect the Hobus event would merely create another branch timeline (although we don't know whether this would be unstable). Now by all means this universe could continue with a Romulan Star Empire and it would look very much like the status quo you are left with at the end of Nemesis... but it would not be a continuation, merely another deviation like the Kelvin timeline itself. The Hobus event is observed history and therefore it is part of the Prime timeline.

Remember the only previous attempt to restore Romulus was only put forward when the present day security of the Prime timeline was endangered. They only entertained the idea because of the starkness of the Iconian threat... and of course it didn't work out.

The interesting thing is that in effect according to real life temporal theory, the present you return to after traveling to the past should be unchanged (this is why branch theory exists and how paradox is avoided), but for observable changes to be made, the implication is that there are parallel universes very similar or identical to the Prime one, in which actions were taken by our time travelers interdimensional counterparts that mirrored the choices of our time travelers which caused the changes in our timeline. That said, strictly speaking it shouldn't be possible to be in a timeline with any observable changes.

There is nothing in Star Trek 2009 that specifies that the Kelvin Universe is a branch universe. It is just as likely that the Kelvin Universe is a parallel universe that is extremely similar to the 23rd Century. After all, there is nothing that forces all parallel universes to have the same time. Some might go faster, some might go slower, some might look like the future, and some might look like the past. Only someone like Q or Daniels could tell if the Kelvin Universe is a branch universe or a parallel universe.

STO specifically states that the Kelvin Universe is a parallel universe in the Terminal Expanse mission.
    In 2387, an incident created a quantum rift between our universe and this one. A Romulan ship accidentally traveled here through a singularity.

They found themselves in 2233 and later destroyed the U.S.S. Kelvin in battle. This caused their timeline to differ from ours - as a result, we now refer to it as the Kelvin Timeline.

We believe the Sphere Builders communicate with their operatives through the rift.

The only issue is if there is only one Kelvin Universe or if there is the Kelvin-STO Universe and Kelvin-Movies Universe. If there is only one Kelvin Universe, then the few minutes in Star Trek 2009 showing the 24th Century takes place in the STO Universe not the Prime Universe. STO's lore and the Terminal Expanse mission clearly shows that the STO Universe messed up a parallel universe to become a Kelvin Universe. Whether it is the Kelvin Universe or Kelvin-STO Universe remains to be seen.

As someone else pointed out, Quinto Spock and Uhura state it is a parallel timeline in dialogue:
    Spock: You're assuming that Nero knows how events are predicted to unfold. The contrary, Nero's very presence has altered the flow of history, beginning with the attack on the U.S.S. Kelvin, culminating in the events of today, thereby creating an entire new chain of incidents that cannot be anticipated by either party.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: An alternate reality.

Spock: Precisely. Whatever our lives might have been, if the time continuum was disrupted, our destinies have changed.

Now a lot of people will assume this line means a retcon... but it doesn't. Spock is waxing philosophical about destiny here and of course he is talking from his perspective. He's simply stating that whatever the crew do at this point, it won't match the timeline that Nero came from.

Oh and by the way, Spock's line about Nero's actions creating a new chain of events effectively state it *is* a branch timeline And a branch timeline *is* a parallel universe anyway.... the only distinction is that a branch universe does not occur alongside other parallel universes until it is created by the event that starts it... so to say we aren't told if it is parallel or branch is just arguing tomahto/tomayto - the name you call it doesn't change what it is, it will merely change the label.

That said, you are probably correct in your assertion that in some versions of many universe theory it is entirely possible that the timeline you arrive will not be the same one to start with. The trouble you have with that in this case, is that the implication in dialogue in the film is that it was the same timeline (albeit granted that was Spock's assumption/hypothesis), and therefore the branch timeline was created.

The problem with Star Trek 2009, is that like pretty much all science fiction stories involving time travel, it plays fast and loose with the time travel mechanism. I.e. Nero and Spock travel through the same anomaly at different times and arrive in different periods in the same timeline. I don't think this should happen. As the anomaly grows/weakens in strength, the window to path increases/decreases in "length", but I'm not sure that it should be allowed by physices to detach from the singular timeline it originates from. If that's the case, then Spock should have emerged in the time of TOS and his actions there should have created yet another timeline, whilst Nero went about unchecked in the Kelvin.

However I admit I'm unclear on that and besides we know that if you adhere too closely to real physics, it might make for a poor/boring story.

I have an old school friend who is a Professor in Manchester whose field is Temporal Perception. I may actually check up on some of the finer points and post them here for anyone who is interested.

The main problem is that we have absolutely no clue where Nero and Spock ended up. We don't know if there is just a dimensional component, just a temporal component, or both in their trip to the Kelvin Universe. If there is just a temporal component, then it is a branch universe of whatever universe they originally came from. It is definitely from a universe that could be the Prime Universe or a universe very similar to the Prime Universe, but as the Parallels episode shows, there is hundreds of thousands of universes that are very similar to the Prime Universe. So we can believe that it is from the Prime Universe until it is either confirmed or disproved in a future Star Trek series which is set in the post-Nemesis Prime Universe.

If there is just a dimensional component, then there is no branch timeline involved. Just an unexpected variable that screws up anyone's prediction of the future. So according to the proper timeline of that parallel universe, Nero was meant to destroy the USS Kelvin and Vulcan was supposed to be destroyed. Saving Vulcan through time travel would be changing the unaltered timeline. Michael Crichton's Timeline and an episode of Sliders dealt with time travel actually being traveling to a parallel universe where their Earth was in a different Century from the Time Traveler's universe. So Nero didn't travel back in time to the 23rd Century, but traveled to a dimension that looked like the 23rd Century.

If temporal and dimensional components are involved, then it could be a branch timeline of a parallel universe not the Prime Universe. Of course, this is dependent upon if it was a Predestination Paradox or not. So Nero of the Prime Universe was meant to destroy the USS Kelvin of the Kelvin Universe.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,076 Community Moderator
    My point is whatever the motives are they can declare what they will, it does not make it so. Star Trek the voyage home they show the Bop hovering over a ancient earth ship. That thing was at least three to four times the size of the scout ship seen in the kelvin time line. However your point is well taken, but I will not surrender to the idea, that the bop is a weak ship that can be taken down by small arms fire by one little human.

To be fair to the BoP... the one in ST4 was a TMP era one, while the one in Into Darkness may have been supposed to be a TOS Era equivelent. So there is a few years between the two. Also, the "small arms" fire honestly came from a ship grade weapon converted into a man portable heavy weapon. While it may have come from a smaller ship or not, it WAS ship grade weapons fire, not anti personnel. A Phaser Rifle would not have done that much damage to the Kelvin BoP. Whatever Khan was using just totally WRECKED the BoP.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Why would you ever want to end the superior awesomeness that is the Kelvin Timeline?

Well, far be it from me to be non-constructive with a forum post, so here's an excellent idea I think everybody can agree with.

If you truly hate the Kelvin Timeline and want to see it disappear forever -- simply wipe out everything non-Kelvin Timeline (everything before the 2009 Star Trek movie), and push the Kelvin Timeline as the only "true" Star Trek, therefore rendering the Kelvin Timeline obsolete since it then becomes the only Star Trek timeline that matters.

By forcing STO to convert everything to the Kelvin Timeline, then we can get into the really important issues of the game like "How do we end the Prime Timeline from tainting the good works of JJ Abrams' masterful vision of Star Trek?"​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    How to End Kelvin Timeline:

turn off your machine.
  • Options
    I think you are reaching saying it was not small arms fire, and yes they can say what they will, but as a person I disagree. As for the Kelvin timeline. They have been pumping up JJS work for years and years now. It was the exact same thing they did with M night shyamalan. Me I found JJS works unimaginative. Even the new Star wars was a carbon copy of what has already been done, all he did was put his spin on it. This is exactly what he does, he turns IPs upside down, puts his spin on it. Then turns around gets people to say its amazing. Now here I am just saying I have an opinion on something that counters the word, and all I hear is you cant do that. Well JJ sure did with every single one of his films. This being said the new star trek he did looks interesting because it looks like something original for once. Not something set up to trash yet another IP.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    I think you are reaching saying it was not small arms fire, and yes they can say what they will, but as a person I disagree. As for the Kelvin timeline. They have been pumping up JJS work for years and years now. It was the exact same thing they did with M night shyamalan. Me I found JJS works unimaginative. Even the new Star wars was a carbon copy of what has already been done, all he did was put his spin on it. This is exactly what he does, he turns IPs upside down, puts his spin on it. Then turns around gets people to say its amazing. Now here I am just saying I have an opinion on something that counters the word, and all I hear is you cant do that. Well JJ sure did with every single one of his films. This being said the new star trek he did looks interesting because it looks like something original for once. Not something set up to trash yet another IP.

Turns IPs upside down you say?

Star Trek 2009 IS the eleventh Star Trek film right?

2016-07-18-stranger-things02.jpg

Mind! BLOWN!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]