Install Arc
Options

Abilities used to Harass other players.

Comments

• Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    In politics, these hidden-in-plain-sight signals are called 'dog whistles.'

And number 5. Harassment and spam of the same thing over and over to try to bully your view. number 6 shortly after.

• Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Starfleet Dental hosts celebrations and big giveaways and runs a public service channel.

I'm not sure how any of that counts as 'oppression.'

As if one negates the other. Same tired excuses.

Ask to stop, they don't care, continue anyway. They dislike someone in chat, they gang up to attack them. They want to bother another player, they don't care what that person thinks. And then they just try to moral relativism excuse it away as if some 1st year philosophy major.

• Options
    farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    And I'd just like to say that before AoY I jumped to avoid small obstructions and keep my speed up (especially with Frosted Boots), but now that AoY broke most of the ground animations, I jump constantly to see if I can determine the exact issue involved in the animation bug where repeated jumps don't animate and instead just freeze you in one position while you bounce around. For a while I thought it might be related to turning while running and jumping, but I haven't been able to do it consistently, so no luck yet.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    huskerklg wrote: »

Starfleet Dental hosts celebrations and big giveaways and runs a public service channel.

I'm not sure how any of that counts as 'oppression.'

As if one negates the other. Same tired excuses.

Ask to stop, they don't care, continue anyway. They dislike someone in chat, they gang up to attack them. They want to bother another player, they don't care what that person thinks. And then they just try to moral relativism excuse it away as if some 1st year philosophy major.
    And it works, sadly, since they're still around.

But it's fun, in this thread, to watch them squirm when you suggest doing something about their raison d'être and the delicious irony in their posts: "if you're feeling oppressed and harrassed, you have problems, you should just ignore and move on, but don't you dare oppress and harrass us!" .
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    Bounce away, Pepe Lepew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNl9ksUI-bU

Everytime I see some goofy bouncing dufus, it actually makes me laugh because I think "WHAT a freakin' idiot." The first time the thought struck me, the stupid accent hit me as well, and I couldn't stop laughing.

Oh my goodness. My sides. It's late af and I can't stop laughing. Now I'll never get this out of my head whenever I'm jumping around.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    Hey now, my sniper needs to get her exercise in at some point after spending a day camped out behind rocks on Mol'Rihan, spying on D'Tan while keeping an eye out for Hirogen. Gotta get the blood flowing through those legs again.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I was just on the Vlugta mine when I noticed someone running around like they were lost, then they ran over to Trogg and popped a disco ball. *Shrug* So he danced while he got his 200 dil and six mats. It didn't interrupt the minigame and he went on his merry way when he was finished.

I'm 56 years old. Been there, done that, learned not to be annoyed by most things.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I used to tell people that playable borg toons from LTS could assimilate other toons to be borg too.

One guy believed me so much he stood there for like 5 solid minutes while i did uppercuts and tricorders and stuff on him.

That is... so Pro. *tip hat*
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    My favs are the Smoke Screen Reputation ability.
    The Smoke Grenade (Works in social zones lol)
    Party poppers.. not my cup of tea, neither are Celebration Spheres. But I love how people just lose there s&^% when they disco'd.

Really, if people wouldn't get their panties in a bunch, they would just laugh it off, and the trolling would stop. They want a reaction from you. Just don't give it to them.

There's one dude on my friends list who will randomly challenge me to PVP when I log on..
    I Ignore them, then like 2 hours later when I'm about done playing, I send him one.

We've been doing this for years...I kinda love it.
    Also I slaughter him whenever he accepts lol.
    So win-win.
    He's a good dude down deep, even though he tries to get under my skin lol. You gotta laugh these people off.

I'm 36. The only thing I know is that Life's too short to get worked up over small things. It's so not worth it. It causes stress and makes the person very angry, because lets face it, the world is not fair.
    Once you accept that. And stop fighting it, life can be pretty frikken awesome.

Troll away, trolls
    And God bless you for it.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    nabreeki wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »
    I'm 56 years old. Been there, done that, learned not to be annoyed by most things.

The sad thing is there are people older than you in this thread who haven't learned that lesson yet.

Oh, believe me, I know some, personally.

Edit: IRL, not from this thread. At least I don't think so. I do have a friend in her thirties who is much more mature than most people twice her age. And yes, she's a lifer in this game too.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    According to the lengthy RP bio I created for my toon (too long for in-game bio so I wrote 20+ pages of detailed backstory), Nbreeki's an obsessive health nut, and frequent jumping keeps his heart rate up. I generally stay in character as much as possible when in-game, so if that's off-putting to others, I'd like to remind them that it's part of my immersion, which is sacrosanct.

I won't believe you until you have either a bi-racial french/vietnamese female character, or, a lumberjack guy from Banff. I will accept either as proof of your total immersion.

This is my bio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiWkhET56uA
  • Options
    kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Just move along. They can't kill you and take your gear. They can't track you down and give you a wedgie. Be glad they are enjoying the game and maybe join in with them for a good laugh instead of playing the o'grumpy neighbor.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • Options
    dbeiswengerdbeiswenger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I used to tell people that playable borg toons from LTS could assimilate other toons to be borg too.

One guy believed me so much he stood there for like 5 solid minutes while i did uppercuts and tricorders and stuff on him.

This is world class.
  • Options
    umformtechnik#9538 umformtechnik Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    kjfett wrote: »
    Just move along. They can't kill you and take your gear. They can't track you down and give you a wedgie. Be glad they are enjoying the game and maybe join in with them for a good laugh instead of playing the o'grumpy neighbor.

this thread cant kill you or take your gear either. but the same people saying "move along" arent "moving along" when it comes to this thread. so why shoudl people "move along" when it comes to something in game they dont like, but not "move along" when it comes to a thread they dont like?
  • Options
    So do I. And no, I don't go around harassing people ingame. It's interesting to see just what some people get bothered by.

I used to be thin-skinned myself and was bothered by a lot of stuff before I figured out it just was not worth getting bothered. It was better for me in the long run to just smile at the piles of starship balloons and other balloons, as well as people dancing under disco balls.

Like I said before, and it's just my opinion, they were completely inappropriate at Spock/Nimoy's memorial. And I was one of many. But still, the other times in the social zones, they're not bad at all.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Like I said before, and it's just my opinion, they were completely inappropriate at Spock/Nimoy's memorial. And I was one of many. But still, the other times in the social zones, they're not bad at all.

Dentals constantly remind me of the Nietzscheans in Andromeda. They are generally wealthy, deem themselves superior, thrive on harassing other people, just for fun, and are overall just plain sociopathic. And sometimes very generous too (just so as to give ppl a taste of what can be had if one is purely egotistical). And they do things like stop by PWE headquarters with buckets of icecream. And are generally believed to have a somewhat questiobable, 'favored' relationship with PWE/Cryptic. Did I leave something out? :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Yes you left out that the accusations of sociopathy and claims of special treatment from devs ate pure bunkum.

Don't take what I said too seriously, LOL; it was mostly tongue-in-cheek. :P They never really bother me all that much (apart from that one time, at Spock's Memorial Service). Other than that, it's a game: if they feel like popping off some party horns at ESD, honestly, who cares!? That constant Nietzscheans vibe I get off them was real, though.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    I generally try to treat people equally. Or at least treat them how I'd like to be treated myself. Barring both of those, treat them like they treat me.

It goes back to the golden rule. Treat others like you would like for them to treat you.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    technical42ndtechnical42nd Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I see a lot of folks keep bringing up the Leonard Nimoy memorial (Why do they always put it as Spock/Nimoy? Spock was just a character, Nimoy was the man) as reasons why Dental are bad, or annoying. Some folks memorialize the dead different than you, folks in Dental simply prefer celebration of a life that was rather than mourning the loss. I for one expect a grand celebration at my own funeral. With open bar.
    MywB2KU.gif
    Official STARFLEET DENTAL Bug Hunter
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    According to the lengthy RP bio I created for my toon (too long for in-game bio so I wrote 20+ pages of detailed backstory), Nbreeki's an obsessive health nut, and frequent jumping keeps his heart rate up. I generally stay in character as much as possible when in-game, so if that's off-putting to others, I'd like to remind them that it's part of my immersion, which is sacrosanct.

I won't believe you until you have either a bi-racial french/vietnamese female character, or, a lumberjack guy from Banff. I will accept either as proof of your total immersion.

This is my bio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiWkhET56uA

Banff? He's a lumberjack, not on holiday.

Or, perhaps a burglar? Lumberjack could just be his day job...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qUagJGeZhc
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,990 Arc User
    I see a lot of folks keep bringing up the Leonard Nimoy memorial .... as reasons why Dental are bad, or annoying. Some folks memorialize the dead different than you, folks in Dental simply prefer celebration of a life that was rather than mourning the loss. ....

Poor judgement at very best (and that's being polite).
This discussion has been closed.