test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Outfit prices in Dill store. LOL

Comments

• Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Funny, the minority saying NO to these insane prices outnumber the FEW saying yes. And as usual you have someone preaching that they are right, except this thread is proof that it flew over their head and into warp 9. Let the whales think they won something fantastic.
    tumblr_o2gatjcX1G1rsjtfmo1_1280.jpg
    Save your dil, I know I am.

tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    Funny, the minority saying NO to these insane prices outnumber the FEW saying yes. And as usual you have someone preaching that they are right, except this thread is proof that it flew over their head and into warp 9. Let the whales think they won something fantastic.
    tumblr_o2gatjcX1G1rsjtfmo1_1280.jpg
    Save your dil, I know I am.

THIS^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    What do you guys expect then? They either have to add very expensive stuff to the dilithium store, or they have to lower the amount of dilithium that the average player can obtain over a given period.

I'm pretty sure the latter wouldn't be appreciated either. I guess that, whatever Cryptic would do, people would complain.

Like it or not, one way or the other fixing the economy will mean that stuff becomes less accessible. Which can be done through either adding some very expensive diltihium stuff or by removing sources of dilithium like Contraband farming or battlezone and admiralty reward nerfs. If they removed dilithium sources, a lot of C-store, fleet and reputation stuff would be less obtainable.

This really is the best solution. Like @peterconnorfirst already said: these uniforms are an example of stuff that is not really necessary to have. It is the best thing to add when dilithium sinks are needed.

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    And in typical fashion, They announce a Sale in the C-Store (20% off keys & services) right after They ask us to drop our drawers and take a really big one.
    There's not enough of a percentage off for me, that will ease the immense displeasure Their new "backdoor" dilithium pricing scheme has inflicted.
    SMH
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    dear cryptic...I realize you are a company, and like any company you have a bottom line to meet...now, you've been nice to us, giving us so many methods of getting dilithium, and tech upgrades, free admiral uniforms and nice ships, and as a result, I and many others have been loyal players and customers, happily paying for ships and other uniforms, to the extent its like 'PLEASE take my money!....

so, imagine my surprise when I see the pricing for the 22nd century maco uniforms in the dilithium store, at that pricing(5000 zen's worth of dilithium which works out to roughly 2 million dilithium at the current going rates...the cost of a c-store ship AND its fleet version)..and my thoughts turn to 'that cant be right, its GOT to be a typo/glitch'.

then my thoughts inevitably wandered in the direction of it being deliberate..

dear cryptic, this loyal player/customer/consumer has but one thing to say to that pricing....

not only no...oh he double hockey sticks NO!

I WILL NOT PAY THAT PRICE.

not for something thats a single character only purchase. make it account wide and take the price down to HALF of that and toss us some more trim parts for that uniform and THEN we will talk.

sincerely...one seriously confused/brassed off player.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    even as a dilithium baron I find the price silly. My opinion is that it is 10x too much.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The world is full of expensive things people buy, because they can.
    The world is also full jealous people who insist that buying those expensive things is stupid or insane, because they can't.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    The world is also full jealous people who insist that buying those expensive things is stupid or insane, because they can't.

and then there were the french and russian revolutions.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User

I can. I can probably even get all of them with my Zen reserve.

The thing is, I won't, because it is insane.

On a related note: Zen prices have jumped from 400 to 415, which is the exact opposite of what some people here claim to be Cryptic's intention. If this was really meant to be a dilithium sink intended to lower the cost of Zen, it has well and truly failed at that task.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options

and then there were the french and russian revolutions.

Also, this. :tongue:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    dalolorn wrote: »

On a related note: Zen prices have jumped from 400 to 415, which is the exact opposite of what some people here claim to be Cryptic's intention. If this was really meant to be a dilithium sink intended to lower the cost of Zen, it has well and truly failed at that task.

Too early to judge. There's also a service and key sale going on.
  • Options
    Do you people picket real-life expensive clothes designers/stores like this, too?
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

^^ This right here! I won't. Like ever.

Now isn't *that* hilarious!? LOL. All those wannabe Economists, and the exact opposite happens from what they thought! :P (Actually, they're not wrong: prices *should* have dropped, but I'm poking fun of them anyway).

3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    If I wanted to ge the Maco one for my 6 Fed toons, then I would have to pay the Dilithium equivalent of 24.113 Zen at current rate. Any Zen store Outfit would be 550 Zen.
    So the Maco one is 43 times as expensive as any other Outfit. Just to put that into perspective...
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Now isn't *that* hilarious!? LOL. All those wannabe Economists, and the exact opposite happens from what they thought! :P (Actually, they're not wrong: prices *should* have dropped, but I'm poking fun of them anyway).

At least some of those 'wannabe economists' understand that what's currently happening is the result of more than just the addition of the uniform. As already said before: services and key sales.

But you're right, it is hilarious, as usual. Your ignorance I mean.
  • Options
    We can not judge the effect on the economy right now. Keys trump all.
    btw I could buy one MACO outfit for each of 7 characters and still have plenty left.

• Options
    We can not judge the effect on the economy right now. Keys trump all.

Point taken. I doubt the service sale has -too- much of an impact, but those keys...

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Let's not turn this into attacks of a personal level on other forum users please. Everybody has a right to express their objections/opinions without being labelled, put down, or insulted by those with opposing views. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2016

This would actually be indicative that players are trying to buy up all the cheap dilithium that they can, and the Zen sellers are taking advantage of that.

Give it time. Day 1 is always volatile.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    I think these costumes are a big swing and a miss. Personally I would love to have them, would be great for RP toons. Second on that note I think it would have been more in theme and worth while to the player base if the Costumes had been grouped together and put into the C-Store with a bridge/interior and ship skin pack for the 23c ships, something like refit skins to match the era of the costume unlocks.

So 4uniform options, a bridge/interior make over and skins for five ships, nothing else in it slap so 30-40$ on it and I feel you would make a better profit and have a player base going "I want that." Though this is only my opinion.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • Options
    hugin1205 wrote: »
    If I wanted to ge the Maco one for my 6 Fed toons, then I would have to pay the Dilithium equivalent of 24.113 Zen at current rate. Any Zen store Outfit would be 550 Zen.
    So the Maco one is 43 times as expensive as any other Outfit. Just to put that into perspective...

Lobi uniforms are also quite expensive, and single-character unlocks.

People here are acting like they should have this stuff on all their characters, just like the Into the Breach promotion. Perhaps it's time to realise that these uniforms serve a certain purpose, which isn't to provide everyone with cheap stuff.

I think some people missed the point of these dilithium store additions.
  • Options
    valoreah wrote: »

I think you are clearly misunderstanding the objections to the pricing. It's not that the average player could not farm the required dilithium to buy one. Of course they could. Anyone can with little to no effort given enough time.

The issue is what you get for the price. For the same money, you can buy a ship bundle or several C-Store ships that are account wide unlocks. Those offer much more bang for the buck.
    That's not why you buy an expensive suit. You buy an expensive suit to show people you can afford one. The pricetag IS the "bang."

IRL, you can buy a cheap car for the price of an expensive suit. And if have to compare the two, you're not rich enough for the suit.
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    At those prices, the uniforms had better serve as environmental suits, make me immune to weapons fire, and grant the ability to fly on all maps.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Do you people picket real-life expensive clothes designers/stores like this, too?
    if you can't tell the difference between designer clothes and a bunch of pixels you add on some other pixels to make them look different you probably walk around the streets in sweatpants and live in your moms basement
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I
    risian4 wrote: »
    hugin1205 wrote: »

Lobi uniforms are also quite expensive, and single-character unlocks.

People here are acting like they should have this stuff on all their characters, just like the Into the Breach promotion. Perhaps it's time to realise that these uniforms serve a certain purpose, which isn't to provide everyone with cheap stuff.

I think some people missed the point of these dilithium store additions.

The big difference is lobi uniforms are either from another (often enemy) faction, or an alternate universe/far future, so single character is understandable from the standpoint of those being intentionally rare. Prime verse canon fed uniforms being single character is ... odd ... especially when uniforms from the same time period are already in game as account unlocks.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »

This would actually be indicative that players are trying to buy up all the cheap dilithium that they can, and the Zen sellers are taking advantage of that.

Give it time. Day 1 is always volatile.​​

Yeah, of course. I just thought it was hilarious a bit, is all. :)

As to how effective this sink will really be, we'll see. A costume is not a 'must-have' item, like a super-console or something, so it may not have the intended effect. Personally, I didn't need an extra sink; nor an extra MACO costume, for that matter; so, either way, I'm not losing anything.
    3lsZz0w.jpg