Options

Outfit prices in Dill store. LOL

Comments

• Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Why is it so expensive? This game got waaay to many things that cost dil. And now this insane price? geez >_<

No...it really doesn't. I toss some of mine at fleet projects. Some up zen conversions. Some at upgrades...and I still have millions of this stuff...and I haven't actually played all that long. I can only imagine what the old timers have saved up. And I actually donate to my fleet...over a million so far. Not as much of some...but definately more then most. I told myself that the cost for epic gear was insane and I wasn't gonna do it when the R&D system came out. Guess what, my main now all epic energy weapons and consoles. They need more stuff like this actually.

Old timer here, also giving a lot to my fleet, and I don't have that much dil. They don't need stuff that cost this insane amount of dil.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I like this thread! Such entertainment.

1BDt0C6.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Was kinda looking forward to these, was even willing to spend a little real money to get them, but not 50 bucks for one outfit, thats just absurd.

This really just punishes the people that don't farm dilith on ten or more toons a day too, which I am not one of the people that do. I convert my 8k a day on two toons, maybee 3 sometimes, and thats it.

At these prices, zero chance of me ever getting them.
  • Options
    kapla5571kapla5571 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Here's some math that helps the case that these are abit overpriced.

Lobi store costume = 50 Lobi
    Average Number of Lobi per box = 5 (Min 4)
    Price per Lockbox key = 125 Zen
    MAX exchange rate Dil:Zen = 500:1

50 / 5 * 125 * 500 = 625,000 Dilithium for a Lobi Store Costume.** (781,250 Dil if you only get 4 Lobi/Box)

Vs. 2,000,000 for a Dil store costume?

**This assumes you're trading Dil at 500:1 AND buying keys ONE AT A TIME, which results in the highest possible dil cost for your lobi.

Items under "Costumes" and "Ground gear" that can be used as costumes. (faction exclusive items create some available variance)

Price breakdown is:

10 @ 200 Lobi
    6 @ 150 Lobi
    4 @ 100 Lobi - Tholian silk scarf, Ferengi shirt , Ferengi skirts
    2 @ 50 Lobi - EVA suit upgrades
    3 @ 30 Lobi - Earrings

So using the 150 - 200 Lobi:

Lobi store costume = 150 Lobi, 200 Lobi

150 / 5 * 125 * 500 = 1,875,000 Dilithium for a Lobi Store Costume.
    200 / 5 * 125 * 500 = 2,500,000 Dilithium for a Lobi Store Costume.

Food for thought
  • Options
    aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    And this thread is a massive example as to why people can't chalk up to a challenge and beat it.

This is a perfect opportunity to challenge your friends, to make some friendly competitions, to see who can get which ones first! A chance to set a goal and reach it! Instead, everyone complains. They shrink back at the sign of a great challenge.

Seriously people, take a positive approach and maybe things wouldn't seem so bleak to you.​​
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Prices seem a tad high to me. Most likely priced that way to primarily drive Zen sales and pull dil out of the hands of "farmers" which is a good idea if it's reasonably successful. But then again I'm not privy to the economy numbers Cryptic has at their disposal.

Sure, lots of people will complain about the prices being so high for just an outfit. But then again lots of people seem to buy Zen for dil to dump into new fleet holdings which, at the end of the day, doesn't really provide them with much of anything once it's done and they've bought a few of the items that becomes available. So it really does appear to me it's targeted to very specific players, not the "average" joe.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    So for all the people saying this is perfect: if it had be 1,000,000 would you be bawling that it's not high enough?

If .1% of the playerbase buys it, NO that's not a sink, that's a rounding error where you could have used the same assets to simultaneously pull more dilithium out of the pool and made more customers think favorably of your game experience. Lets skip past the straw man where I'm suggesting everyone should have their goodies handed to the for free/1day of dilithium refining/some other absurd proposition you know dam will I'm NOT making. I like multi-month goals, but this isn't multi-month, this is just zen store written as dilithium. It's high to the point of discouraging use rather than promoting it.

They'll gather data, and make adjustments, and we'll see where things go. But I think this is another time they've overplayed a weak hand.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    nikeix wrote: »
    So for all the people saying this is perfect: if it had be 1,000,000 would you be bawling that it's not high enough?

If .1% of the playerbase buys it, NO that's not a sink, that's a rounding error where you could have used the same assets to simultaneously pull more dilithium out of the pool and made more customers think favorably of your game experience. Lets skip past the straw man where I'm suggesting everyone should have their goodies handed to the for free/1day of dilithium refining/some other absurd proposition you know dam will I'm NOT making. I like multi-month goals, but this isn't multi-month, this is just zen store written as dilithium. It's high to the point of discouraging use rather than promoting it.

They'll gather data, and make adjustments, and we'll see where things go. But I think this is another time they've overplayed a weak hand.

I don't think anybody is saying this is perfect. However, I do think there are some [a lot] of people that don't understand this is an experiment, and an experiment by itself is neither good nor bad.

I think it's important to provide feedback on something you don't agree with, and I've stated my displeasure with other experiments Cryptic did in the past -- however, enough players decided they didn't care, and what was once an experiment is now business-as-usual.

We can (and should) state our displeasure about this as well, particularly if we feel it sets a poor precedent, but it should be done from the perspective that Cryptic is just as clueless about the popularity of these outfits as we are. Because they are. We can speculate all we want, but when the patch is done and over with, the dilex is going to bring out the truth and some of us may be surprised at just how "reasonable" enough players think the prices are, for better or for worse.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »

I don't think anybody is saying this is perfect. However, I do think there are some [a lot] of people that don't understand this is an experiment, and an experiment by itself is neither good nor bad.

I think it's important to provide feedback on something you don't agree with, and I've stated my displeasure with other experiments Cryptic did in the past -- however, enough players decided they didn't care, and what was once an experiment is now business-as-usual.

We can (and should) state our displeasure about this as well, particularly if we feel it sets a poor precedent, but it should be done from the perspective that Cryptic is just as clueless about the popularity of these outfits as we are. Because they are. We can speculate all we want, but when the patch is done and over with, the dilex is going to bring out the truth and some of us may be surprised at just how "reasonable" enough players think the prices are, for better or for worse.

I think it is perfect and would be fine with any price they would put it at. Dead honest.​​
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

We can (and should) state our displeasure about this as well, particularly if we feel it sets a poor precedent, but it should be done from the perspective that Cryptic is just as clueless about the popularity of these outfits as we are. Because they are. We can speculate all we want, but when the patch is done and over with, the dilex is going to bring out the truth and some of us may be surprised at just how "reasonable" enough players think the prices are, for better or for worse.

I think it is perfect and would be fine with any price they would put it at. Dead honest.

Okay, so at least one person says it's perfect. I stand corrected.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    At about a third of that price it might be ok.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    And this thread is a massive example as to why people can't chalk up to a challenge and beat it.

This is a perfect opportunity to challenge your friends, to make some friendly competitions, to see who can get which ones first! A chance to set a goal and reach it! Instead, everyone complains. They shrink back at the sign of a great challenge.

Seriously people, take a positive approach and maybe things wouldn't seem so bleak to you.​​

A challenge? For a costume? LOL! This isn't a fleet holding, reputation equipment, etc.

Like I said before, how're those Dil EV Suits doing as Dil Sinks? Their stupidly priced also, surely they're draining a lot of Dil from the game?

:D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    kapla5571 wrote: »

50 / 5 * 125 * 500 = 625,000 Dilithium for a Lobi Store Costume.** (781,250 Dil if you only get 4 Lobi/Box)

**This assumes you're trading Dil at 500:1 AND buying keys ONE AT A TIME, which results in the highest possible dil cost for your lobi.

Items under "Costumes" and "Ground gear" that can be used as costumes. (faction exclusive items create some available variance)

Price breakdown is:

10 @ 200 Lobi
    6 @ 150 Lobi
    3 @ 30 Lobi - Earrings

Food for thought

But you can also buy keys on the exchange, you can't do that for Dilithium. Also, you can buy and resell lobi costumes and ships on the exchange if you're so inclined, thus bypassing the whole need for keys at all, which you can't do with these item boxes - they're bound to character (thankfully. Just imagine what they sell for on the exchange!)

Of course, that's the whole point of a sink.

But I think it's too high personally. I'd grind Dil for each of these item on all 5 my Fed toons if they were more reasonably priced, even 500k per would be fine and provide enough of a sink that way. As it is - no matter how much I want these items, I probably won't put the effort to save up the Dil, what with needing it for upgrades and the like across all of my toons. It's already an extremely painful grind as it is just to maintain that habit (and no, I don't sell Dilithium for zen, but now I may have to start buying Zen to buy Dil. Cryptic most likely took that into account when making a lot of their recent decisions I'm sure).
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    I'd rather spend the dilithium on all Kelvin Timeline ships. :p
  • Options
    atomicmunkey#9096 atomicmunkey Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    How the hell is 2 million reasonable for one outfit that's per character bound?! They just keep making decesions that make no sense. First the Nagus now this stunt..Wtf.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    2 mil vs 275,000 (assuming 500 dil/zsn).
    2 mil for a single character unlock vs. 275k for an account wide unlock

Decidions... decisions...
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Nope
    As much as I would like to have them, I'm not spending multiple months trying to earn enough for a One Toon Outift, that should actually cost about $7 bucks.
    (it's the damn monocle all over again)

Sorry Cryptic, but you can stick those prices where the sun don't shine.
    smh
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    angarus1 wrote: »
    I'd rather spend the dilithium on all Kelvin Timeline ships. :p

The Kelvin Timeline ships are pretty awesome. They should be the bar by which all other T6 ships are measured by.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    @daveyny

You talking about the monocle from EVE?
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I'll say the same thing here: 2,000,000 Dilithium for a suit that's normally a typical giveaway item, is totally insane. Period.

And 2,000 Dil for a single, consumable battery?! Seems Cryptic has finally gone completely mental!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    And to think @meimeitoo ...

That 2mil dilithium could buy you 7+ costumes from the Zen store...
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I'll say the same thing here: 2,000,000 Dilithium for a suit that's normally a typical giveaway item, is totally insane. Period.

And 2,000 Dil for a single, consumable battery?! Seems Cryptic has finally gone completely mental!

They've gone mental all the way to the bank.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Before: "LOL Dilithium is so worthless it's almost 500 dil/zen. Craptic needs to get their **** together and put some dil sinks in the game."​​

Wasn't me who said that. I have untold millions of Unrefined Dilithium. But, at 8k refining limit a day, Dilithium is something I'm sort of always short of. Maybe no one else is Upgrading, but you can lose a 1,000,000 Dil on a single Epic Upgrade easily. So, it will be a cold day in hell before I pay Geko 2,000,000 Dil for a silly suit.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    @meimeitoo Ditto to that!
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    kapla5571 wrote: »

Price breakdown is:

10 @ 200 Lobi
    6 @ 150 Lobi
    3 @ 30 Lobi - Earrings

Food for thought
    THIS.

All would do well to read this and pop out your calculator if you feel the need.

EDIT: The only correction that you need to make is calculating 10 packs of keys instead of single keys.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

They've gone mental all the way to the bank.​​
    Yeah they're mental! Mental like a fox!
    http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Ftv-dad-bods%2Fpost-6670-homer-simpson-gifs-kvjg.gif

Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Be careful what you wish for.

You just might get it.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    thx to make these uniforms available, but at such prices i'm not interested.