test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Outfit prices in Dill store. LOL

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You make the dil sink too small and you get what happened with the fleet holdings and upgrading. Everyone will "finish" it and then we're right now where we started.

Very true.

Making it way too high has a more detrimental effect however, as players just ignore it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    You make the dil sink too small and you get what happened with the fleet holdings and upgrading. Everyone will "finish" it and then we're right now where we started.

Very true.

Making it way too high has a more detrimental effect however, as players just ignore it.

I'm sure most people will ignore it, but the real question is whether "enough" people will ignore it. It's a niche market, and I'm actually kind of curious to see how many people will go out of their way for these costumes.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    iconians wrote: »
    Before: "LOL Dilithium is so worthless it's almost 500 dil/zen. Craptic needs to get their **** together and put some dil sinks in the game."

Now: "LOL These dil prices for space barbie accessories are too high. Craptic needs to make them cheaper!"​​
    Seems like this is about 30-35% of the posts on the forum these days.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Don't we usually have patch notes by now?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Just like those EV suits in Dil Store. Outrageous.

Nukara suits are still the best EV suits and much cheaper.

Unless your using other parts of a Nukara set, I would actually say that the Solanae environmental suits from "A Step Between Stars" are better. More specifically, the one you get from not activating the defenses.

Edit: And they're free, so they're a better price than the Nukara ones.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    Well, you know- if they raise the Exchange cap to 1000 instead of 500, it will cut the Zen cost in half :)

Just sayin.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    To be clear, these are the pricing currently on Tribble, right? If so, I have two points to make.
    1) It's Tribble. There's no requirement that what you see on Tribble is what goes to Holodeck. These prices could be completely wrong.
    2) Say the price, either on Tribble or on Holodeck, launched at a fraction of this. Mobs of players buy it up, at a price so low it barely dents the Dil economy. Cryptic are forced to either raise the price, cue massive whining, or come up with some other Dil sink. Isn't it better if it drops priced too high? There's always room to tune down later, and that will be received with cheers instead of pitchforks and torches.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Or, they could cut the Dil cost in half...
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Before: "LOL Dilithium is so worthless it's almost 500 dil/zen. Craptic needs to get their **** together and put some dil sinks in the game."

Now: "LOL These dil prices for space barbie accessories are too high. Craptic needs to make them cheaper!"​​

There IS a sweet spot to be had somewhere between not at all and what they're listing for.

Its not a dilithium sink if 99.9% of you're players ignore it as absurd.

I'd think about it at that price as an account unlock, but for one character? Instantly filed under irrelevant and forgotten.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    To be clear, these are the pricing currently on Tribble, right? If so, I have two points to make.
    1) It's Tribble. There's no requirement that what you see on Tribble is what goes to Holodeck. These prices could be completely wrong.
    2) Say the price, either on Tribble or on Holodeck, launched at a fraction of this. Mobs of players buy it up, at a price so low it barely dents the Dil economy. Cryptic are forced to either raise the price, cue massive whining, or come up with some other Dil sink. Isn't it better if it drops priced too high? There's always room to tune down later, and that will be received with cheers instead of pitchforks and torches.

All the dill store prices are always the same between tribble and holodeck so why would these be different.
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User

All the dill store prices are always the same between tribble and holodeck so why would these be different.

Well, one reason could simply be because there's not enough time to use Tribble to actually test different prices. So they may have listed on Tribble with outrageously high prices to elicit just such conversation about what we the players think a reasonable price would be. Doubtful, but conceivable. But yeah, if they drop with these prices I'll just smile and wave as they go by.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    As said by others, this is not a dilithium sink, nobody but the richest elite are going to buy these, aka they will be ignored by 99% of the player base, even if I had that kind of dilithium lying around though, I still wouldn't buy them, those prices are just stupid...
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Those prices are just funny and sad.
  • Options
    As said by others, this is not a dilithium sink, nobody but the richest elite are going to buy these, aka they will be ignored by 99% of the player base, even if I had that kind of dilithium lying around though, I still wouldn't buy them, those prices are just stupid...

I'm not rich, or elite ... I'm just a big ENT fan

https://youtu.be/55LC7H8aT6M
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    3TweeRu.png

They don't honestly expect players to pay between 25$ -50$ for an outfit do they

Wow, that's awesome!!!

Hopefully, they will still be around in 5 or 6 years which is probably when I will be able to buy one of them.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Calm down, it's just rags... (lol)
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    nikeix wrote: »

Now: "LOL These dil prices for space barbie accessories are too high. Craptic needs to make them cheaper!"

There IS a sweet spot to be had somewhere between not at all and what they're listing for.

Its not a dilithium sink if 99.9% of you're players ignore it as absurd.

I'd think about it at that price as an account unlock, but for one character? Instantly filed under irrelevant and forgotten.

If .1% of the playerbase cares enough to siphon the dilithium out of the dilithium exchange to get their outfits, then it is still a dilithium sink.

What remains to be seen is just how many are willing to pay up, and if it's enough to make a dent in the dilex rates.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    If I ever get that much dil, I'll be spending it on more worthwhile things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    valoreah wrote: »
    Cryptic always said costume packs didn't sell in the C-Store. I can't see these selling like hotcakes either, not at these prices.

Maybe because all/most Fed outfits in game are awful looking. If they added some cross faction outfit options but just without those factions ranks and insignia people would buy them out like hotcakes. the only outfits that look half decent at all are romulan/reman, klingon and off duty. FEd outfits all look like crapola
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Many been fussing wanting a Dil Sink. There it is.

I would love one for my AOY. But it will be a very long time before I get it. I say a least a year if not 2.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2016
    Why is the Enterprise MACO outfit epic quality and is the most expensive? Probably because they expect it to be extremely popular? :/ I did say I'd pay dil for outfits in the dil store, but at these prices? Ummmm. If they're account unlocks I would. No way in hell will I pay that much per character.

That's the bit that gets my back up so much about this. I thought we were slowly making progress toward more account wide unlocks, and then they do this. The price is insane. I can understand them wanting dilithium sinks and I could almost justify that IF and only if these were account wide unlocks. Pinning them as single character unlocks with that price tag is stupid. As I said in the Tribble thread, buying the MACO costume alone on all of my Fed toons would cost me almost double the price I paid for all three of the big expansion bundle packs and those had more than 30 starships and 10 new uniforms between them plus extras all at the account level...
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Why is it so expensive? This game got waaay to many things that cost dil. And now this insane price? geez >_<

Had a look at them on test, used the test console to get dil... The vests and jacket are just one top each. And the MACO is just much either. Very overpriced.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    3TweeRu.png

They don't honestly expect players to pay between 25$ -50$ for an outfit do they

You mean like players currently pay £50 for a lobi character bound uniform, or £200 for a character bound ship?

Players are already paying these prices.

They're insane right across the board, but the whales will pay it and it might affect the Dil market a little..

Actually did a comparison on the Lobi consumables to determine if being in the Dilithium Store actually made them cheaper. The result was the Dilithium Exchange would have to be around 90 Dilithium per Zen for the costs to be about the same. So it is much cheaper in the Dilithium Store compared to the Lobi Store. This involved buying the 10 Key Bundle and each Lockbox has an average of 5 Lobi.

Based on the previous information, 1 Lobi costs 22.5 Zen. Considering that the most expensive Lobi uniforms cost 200 Lobi, then it costs 4500 Zen or $45. 4500 Zen at 400 Dilithium per Zen is 1.8 million dilithium. It is actually cheaper if this was in the Lobi Store. These Dilithium Store uniforms are simply a status symbol to show that a certain player has more wealth than you.
  • Options
    Funny thing is I went back to WoW as soon as I finished the AoY missions, yet this addition was enough to get another 50 bucks it of me even though I'm not actively playing, lol.

Think I'm going to hold on to the dil until the next FE incase they drop the price by then or make it account unlock, the big thing was getting it before the exchange crashes tomorrow from increased dil demand ... at least that's what I'm expecting to happen anyway
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I'm sure those wonderfully priced Dil EV Suits made great Dil Sinks.
    XzRTofz.gif