test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Outfit prices in Dill store. LOL

Comments

• redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    Before: "LOL Dilithium is so worthless it's almost 500 dil/zen. Craptic needs to get their **** together and put some dil sinks in the game."

Now: "LOL These dil prices for space barbie accessories are too high. Craptic needs to make them cheaper!"​​

You sure it's the same posters in both threads?

These are still cheaper than upgrading a warp core...
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    Before: "LOL Dilithium is so worthless it's almost 500 dil/zen. Craptic needs to get their **** together and put some dil sinks in the game."

Now: "LOL These dil prices for space barbie accessories are too high. Craptic needs to make them cheaper!"

Nope! That'd involve way more effort than I'm comfortable making to keep track of what each individual on this forum complains about.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »

Now: "LOL These dil prices for space barbie accessories are too high. Craptic needs to make them cheaper!"

Nope! That'd involve way more effort than I'm comfortable making to keep track of what each individual on this forum complains about.​​

If you want to start a list, my number one complaint is that F2P exists at all, and my number 2 is that ground combat is number 2
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    normal-16.gif

2 mil?

Seriously?

That's 250 days@ 8k/day...

Umm, I'll pass. That seems like too much effort for a single costume item.​​
    orion0029 wrote: »
    normal-16.gif

2 mil?

Seriously?

50 bucks gets it for you tomorrow!
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    The annoying part was that TWOK Excursion Jacket was asked for since the game launched. Now it's available like "this."
    XzRTofz.gif
    ground combat is number 2

ljGOAL8.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    normal-16.gif

2 mil?

Seriously?

Would you walk into a McDonalds and pay 50$ for a big mac as well
    normal-16.gif

2 mil?

Seriously?

Umm, I'll pass. That seems like too much effort for a single costume item.

Depends on how hungry I was. I can't really eat space barbie clothes in a video game, so the analogy isn't that particularly great.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    @repetitiveepic

LOL.... A sink?

More like a singularity, drawing in dil from 2 parsecs away...
    Yeah I thought it would go over your head
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    I take it, those prices can be brought down via Fleet tasks?

Yes. Dilithium store discount unlocked through upgrades of your fleet dilithium mine do bring the prices down. With a fully developed fleet dil mine and all discount unlocks, the consumables that cost 2,000 dil are reduced to 1,700. But that's still too high.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2016
    Edit: Ok, so I should have double-checked my figures before posting. Serves me right for only having one cup of coffee. :(

So, I'll just delete the post since it's obvious that these uniforms are marketed toward the richest players in the game, dispite being one of the most asked for items. Should have seen it coming, same happened with Leeta's uniform, that End-game connie, and more than likely a few other items asked for over the years...

@kapla5571, would you please remove your quote from your post please, I'd rather not risk multitudes of people quoting a deleted post offering corrections/counter arguments.
    Post edited by orion0029 on
    edited July 2016
    normal-16.gif

2 mil?

Seriously?

No, and generally speaking I wouldn't for an alternate uniform either, but I've had a very deep desire for that uniform for a long time now. When you want something badly enough, that price is just fine.

ljGOAL8.gif​​

If you go through my post history enough, you'll find plenty of posts I've made expressing my opinion that ground combat in this game is nothing more than a steaming pile of number 2 :)
    eaY7Xxu.png
    normal-16.gif

2 mil?

Seriously?

No, and generally speaking I wouldn't for an alternate uniform either, but I've had a very deep desire for that uniform for a long time now.

ljGOAL8.gif

If you go through my post history enough, you'll find plenty of posts I've made expressing my opinion that ground combat in this game is nothing more than a steaming pile of number 2 :)

I'm sorry that you're bad at ground combat.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    normal-16.gif

2 mil?

Seriously?

No, and generally speaking I wouldn't for an alternate uniform either, but I've had a very deep desire for that uniform for a long time now.

ljGOAL8.gif

I'm sorry that you're bad at ground combat.​​

I have no problem doing it, I just don't find anything enjoyable about it
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Good?

Its supposed to be a dil sink.
    It's an outfit. It costs only a fraction of that to buy unique outfits at Fleet Holdings. It costs only a fraction of that to buy all three parts to unlock reputation armor visuals (plus you get 3 pieces of gear that has some mechanical use as well).

It's a question of relative value. If people think this is a poor value, they wont buy it, thus not sinking much dilithium.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You can't just put something in the game for an outrageous price and call it a 'dilithium sink.' That's short sided and narrow minded.

You have to put in things that people desire for a price they're willing to pay. Putting a single character uniform unlock in the store for 2M dilithium is not a Dilithium Sink, it's insanity. No one in their right mind is going to pay that much for a uniform.

Frankly, the very notion is ridiculous.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Holy cow! I didn't look at the OP's screenshot before. We're finally going to be able to get the MACO uniform from the Enterprise TV show, that was found in the foundry on the test server years ago and people have been asking for all this time?

Damn. I had a feeling any outfits they put in the dil store were going to cost millions.

But.........posting feedback on the prices is completely pointless. As I pointed out earlier in the thread, I and others posted feedback on the lobi store consumable prices in the dil store, before it went to Holodeck last week. And of course, nothing came of the feedback and the prices are still high.

Why is the Enterprise MACO outfit epic quality and is the most expensive? Probably because they expect it to be extremely popular? :/ I did say I'd pay dil for outfits in the dil store, but at these prices? Ummmm. If they're account unlocks I would. No way in hell will I pay that much per character.

I highly doubt this will have a long term impact on the dil/zen exchange. Sure, it might tank for a few hours, but it will be back up in no time.
    You can't just put something in the game for an outrageous price and call it a 'dilithium sink.' That's short sided and narrow minded.

You have to put in things that people desire for a price they're willing to pay. Putting a single character uniform unlock in the store for 2M dilithium is not a Dilithium Sink, it's insanity. No one in their right mind is going to pay that much for a uniform.

The part I bolded is not correct, because as I've said earlier as soon as I saw this thread I purchased enough zen to buy 2mil dilithium so I'm prepared before the dil market crashes again, so I'm proof that there are people willing to pay that price for that uniform :)
    eaY7Xxu.png

The part I bolded is not correct, because as I've said earlier as soon as I saw this thread I purchased enough zen to buy 2mil dilithium so I'm prepared before the dil market crashes again, so I'm proof that there are people willing to pay that price for that uniform :)

I think you have a few screws loose for doing so

I hope you enjoy your purchase, but every rule has an exception. In this case, the exception is you.

Most people will not be willing to spend that much for so little.
    edited July 2016

To be fair, this is a textbook example of a Cryptic Studios solution.

I think the idea has merit. Shove a dilithium sink into the space barbie area of the game, that way dilithium is being pulled out of the economy without affecting any gameplay performance issues, as they are cosmetics, and have no tangible impact on gameplay.

The only people who will pay the prices are space barbie enthusiasts, either out of their own back pockets for zen (and then transfer that into dilithium), or they end up having a long-term goal set up to diverting refined dilithium into their outfit(s) of choice.

It remains to be seen whether this will be enough to drive the dilex down, but as always, Cryptic can always make some adjustments later on (like with the Contraband timer changes).​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg

To be fair, this is a textbook example of a Cryptic Studios solution.

I think the idea has merit. Shove a dilithium sink into the space barbie area of the game, that way dilithium is being pulled out of the economy without affecting any gameplay performance issues, as they are cosmetics.

The only people who will pay the prices are space barbie enthusiasts, either out of their own back pockets for zen (and then transfer that into dilithium), or they end up having a long-term goal set up to diverting refined dilithium into their outfit(s) of choice.

It remains to be seen whether this will be enough to drive the dilex down, but as always, Cryptic can always make some adjustments later on (like with the Contraband timer changes).​​

Agreed completely.

I like the concept, I think they're on the right track, but the prices are pretty far off. I have said for a long time that Dilithium for cosmetic options is the optimal way to go, it's good that they're doing this. I just think the price needs a major overhaul. It has to be just low enough that people will go for it, but high enough to have an actual effect.

Good idea, poorly executed.
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    You make the dil sink too small and you get what happened with the fleet holdings and upgrading. Everyone will "finish" it and then we're right now where we started.

I will never buy those outfits but I know there is a few dil barons willing to buy it and that is a good thing. Dil can be pulled out of the air pretty easily now and tell me, which one would you rather see? A nerf to dil creation or major dil sinks to get it out of the market?
    edited July 2016
    The forums seem to have been changed a bit. But......the section for Tribble patch notes is completely missing. The patch notes section for Redshirt is there. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/tribble

Bug? Or intentional?
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    @redvenge
    "It's a question of relative value. If people think this is a poor value, they wont buy it, thus not sinking much dilithium."

Agreed, whole heartedly here.

One would think, if they want people to buy these, the prices would need to be appealing.
    Unlike the other costume unlocks, these ones seem geared towards needing to put money forward for the dil needed. As another poster noted above, with a single character, that represents 250 days of grinding... (ugh)... especially if you are still working on upgrading equipment.

Now, granted... I may very well work towards earning the Maco outfit for one of my Tac toons... I, by far, am not looking forward to it. Hopefully we will get a Dilithium Store Sale Event, at some point.
    You make the dil sink too small and you get what happened with the fleet holdings and upgrading. Everyone will "finish" it and then we're right now where we started.

Very true.

Making it way too high has a more detrimental effect however, as players just ignore it.
    edited July 2016

Very true.

Making it way too high has a more detrimental effect however, as players just ignore it.

I'm sure most people will ignore it, but the real question is whether "enough" people will ignore it. It's a niche market, and I'm actually kind of curious to see how many people will go out of their way for these costumes.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Now: "LOL These dil prices for space barbie accessories are too high. Craptic needs to make them cheaper!"​​
    Seems like this is about 30-35% of the posts on the forum these days.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.