test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

t6 feringi Marauder: How did someone get this ship early?

Comments

• Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    valenn1 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    azeda1 wrote: »
    This is something that have been long comming and and planned from cryptic. In march this year i recived this..

[img][/img]nagus.jpg

..and today it was reveled what it was..

[img][/img]nagus_3.png

What is even more amazing is that its Account unlocked, so all chars on the account can have it..

[img][/img]nagus_1.jpg

and at last the ship in orbit..

[img][/img]nagus_2.jpg

The physical pack is yet to come... :p

I have no clue to the criteria to get it but im really happy that did recive it..Thanks Cryptic

I have been playing since the start, logged on every day since then and have no clue the actual time in game but its a lot. I have spent way to much (over 8000$) but as I am a dedicated Star trek fan and love the game so... Im also a LTS and have an active gold account

Thank you so much :)

In otherwords you haven't done a single thing that many of us in this thread haven't done too, yet you have a ship to show for it.

According to the to outcome he muste me more special.

For no other reason than cryptic proclaiming him so.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I honestly do think that Cryptic/PWE go through periods of receiving a sufficent influx of new players that they don't care about pissing on some of the long-standing ones.

Well, that's business 101 these days, isn't it. You see it everywhere. New customers are more important than existing ones, but they forget, the new customers may not stick around... lose them AND the existing ones, and you're in big doo doo.
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Im usually the first one to give Cryptic a break, but its just another black eye in their stellar PR skills. The whys and hows of this should have at least been mentioned or you end up with threads like this full of angry long term players. I wouldnt say im angry per say, but a little disappointed perhaps. ive been playing since a bit before ftp and almost every day since. I dont have an lts (had a sub but let it lapse just havent renewed it) but i was considering getting it while the sale is on. I feel a bit like reyan there though.. its a little demotivating to see something like this without so much as a why or how and makes you wonder if you want to support their decisions. This one was a bit if a letdown especially given my love for ferengi ships.
  • Options
    darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    but its just another black eye in their stellar PR skills.

I wasn't aware they had said skills to begin with, and certainly I've never seen any notable examples.
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • Options
    baldrick8baldrick8 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Come to think of it, I wouldn't even want to fly it more than once for the lols.

I mean, come on, people! This ship has "bling!bling" written all over it. How low have we sunk ...
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    baldrick8 wrote: »
    Come to think of it, I wouldn't even want to fly it more than once for the lols.

I mean, come on, people! This ship has "bling!bling" written all over it. How low have we sunk ...

Me as a ferengi completionist needs this, Nothing to do with how low we sink, I would actually fly this thing for a long time, just like I did with the d'kora and the nandi...

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Can someone at least confirm that we'll be able to buy this ship in game at some point ?

I think I'm gonna have to buy this one if its made available to replace my long serving Nandi.
    But I'll be honest, it's really gonna turn my stomach to fork over more hard earned cash (that will not be appreciated by Cryptic) to acquire this ship, knowing what I know now.

Hope this isn't a "Limited Edition Giveaway Ship".
    That'll turn my stomach even more.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    This is something that have been long comming and and planned from cryptic. In march this year i recived this..

[img][/img]nagus.jpg

[img][/img]nagus_3.png

What is even more amazing is that its Account unlocked, so all chars on the account can have it..

[img][/img]nagus_1.jpg

[img][/img]nagus_2.jpg

I have no clue to the criteria to get it but im really happy that did recive it..Thanks Cryptic

I have been playing since the start, logged on every day since then and have no clue the actual time in game but its a lot. I have spent way to much (over 8000$) but as I am a dedicated Star trek fan and love the game so... Im also a LTS and have an active gold account

Way to rub it in.. jerk. :expressionless:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    As for me, I have the nandi so I don't need another ferengi ship. Would have been nice to get though, not like I care about the physical box.
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Its seems cryptic REALLY wants to annoy their fans, fyi beta tester, lifetime sub, thousands spent, pre ordered all DLC, got nothing. Thaaanks.
  • Options

[img][/img]nagus.jpg

[img][/img]nagus_3.png

[img][/img]nagus_1.jpg

[img][/img]nagus_2.jpg

Way to rub it in.. jerk. :expressionless:

Sorry - his money is better than ours.

It would seem so :expressionless:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I got the ship and it is awesome thank you Cryptic. The only concern i have regarding the ship is making the console set now a 3 piece. Just like the older Summer and Winter event ships how is someone who was not privileged to receive this offer going to complete that set if they wished to.

Maybe an idea like you have done with the Kelvin Consoles is to add them to the Lobi store.
    I'd also love it if you added the Starship mastery traits and Admiralty for Lobi/Lockbox ships you own to the Dil store reclaim so all toons can access the Traits and Admiralty cards if you own one of these ships.
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    Can someone at least confirm that we'll be able to buy this ship in game at some point ?

Highly unlikely.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    This is all very new. You'd do well to calm down and wait until there's more information.
    A voice of reason! rare in these parts, but appreciated just the same.

I just hope this doesn't devolve into something ugly outa something nice.

It's a very nice gesture to those who help support the game and I thank Cryptic, PWE for it. Very unexpected ! :)

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Yup, got my Nagus. ;)

Never got that earlier mail about updating my details though, so the physical part's probably out. :p
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User

Highly unlikely.

I don't know; I'd wager that a not as unique 'standard' version will appear at some point.

Perhaps, but I doubt it. And even if it did, by definition that would be a different ship.
  • Options

Highly unlikely.

:cry:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LYDvDNIhP0

Seriously people, I didn't get a T6 Avenger, back when. Big deal. And that was even more offensive (basically, they gave that away for *not* participating). I'm glad I got this gold-plated trinket, but was not, and never will be, gravely upset over not getting the other giveaway promo ships that never come my way.

Having said that, I get the impression these type of promos tend to antagonize the player base rather than anything else.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    shakesfistatskyshakesfistatsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I'm very confused and more than a little disappointed. I've been playing since closed beta, I've been a lifer since open beta. I've spent over $5,000 on this game at a minimum and definitely over $1,000 this year alone and no email. Disheartening is what it is. I mean what else do I need to do?
    I survived the 2012 Forum Merge - Join Date 11/2008
  • Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I don't think they will give the criteria for receiving this ship, there have been 4 previous, I got the pathfinder, but they have all suposedly been to entice players to return. This one seems different, so who can say what it's for.
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Wow. A lot of rage in this thread. I am a LTS and I have been playing this game since before it was free to play. I am also what many players refer to as a "whale" because I set aside between $100 and $250 from my paycheck every month specifically to spend on STO. Despite my forum name (which was the result of me being angry that I was forced to change my forum name after PWE acquired Cryptic), I appreciate that PWE and the devs keep this game going because it makes me feel like I'm living in the Star Trek universe.

I understand why some players are angry or at the very least confused about how and why some players are getting the Nagus ship. Last year there was a similar email that went out to seemingly random players giving them a free T6 ship and I didn't get one of those emails and was upset for about 24 hours. I realized I was upset over a minor thing and the real reason I was annoyed was that I didn't know why I didn't get the email with a free ship last year.

Yes, PWE and the devs could have saved themselves some Internet rage if they published a blog post saying, "Hey, we are sending free T6 Nagus ships to players who meet the following requirements ... insert req here ... Be sure to check your email and thanks for supporting Star Trek Online."

In any case, let's try to keep our cool. Unless the devs start giving out ships with starship traits like "auto-kill all enemies on screen" there is no single ship in the game that offers an overwhelming advantage to players. Let's try to remember that PWE and the devs are responsible for giving us this amazing game where we get to live in the Star Trek universe.

It isn't perfect, and there are plenty of things that every player would like to change about this game. However, rather than getting angry when a game developer gives away free stuff to players we should try to be happy ... and cross our fingers that we are among the players who get free stuff.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    I didn't get a swag package, but I did get the email for the Nagus. It seems like the code was sent to an email that I used previously for STO, (even though PWE has my new one). soooooo maybe check any previous email account?
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LYDvDNIhP0

Seriously people, I didn't get a T6 Avenger, back when. Big deal. And that was even more offensive (basically, they gave that away for *not* participating). I'm glad I got this gold-plated trinket, but was not, and never will be, gravely upset over not getting the other giveaway promo ships that never come my way.

Having said that, I get the impression these type of promos tend to antagonize the player base rather than anything else.

Honestly mei
    I didn't care either about the other giveaways, those were to get players back into the game.
    (Although I heard a lot of people got them anyway, even though they never left). But I had no issues with that principle, "giving people a T6 ship to get them interested in playing again."

This, on the other hand, is for "being a supportive player over the years". Something many of us here have been.
    But we are straight up getting the shaft.

Plus, its a Gold plated Ferengi ship, like how frikken cool is that !
    I feel left out in the cold here. And I'm sure others feel this way as well.

It's not like I've spent 100$ one time and nothing else, or just got a lifetime sub...I've put a substantial amount of money into this game.
    But apparently my money (and the many others commenting) is no good here. And we're not worthy of a thank you for supporting the game.

Their PR department really F'd this one up.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Honestly mei
    I didn't care either about the other giveaways, those were to get players back into the game.
    (Although I heard a lot of people got them anyway, even though they never left). But I had no issues with that principle, "giving people a T6 ship to get them interested in playing again."

This, on the other hand, is for "being a supportive player over the years". Something many of us here have been.
    But we are straight up getting the shaft.

Plus, its a Gold plated Ferengi ship, like how frikken cool is that !
    I feel left out in the cold here. And I'm sure others feel this way as well.

It's not like I've spent 100$ one time and nothing else, or just got a lifetime sub...I've put a substantial amount of money into this game.
    But apparently my money (and the many others commenting) is no good here. And we're not worthy of a thank you for supporting the game.

Their PR department really F'd this one up.

Well, like I said, I think these promos do more harm than good. And I didn't care much for the T6 Avenger, as I already had one (and was, thus, only slightly annoyed with not getting one for free too). This gold-plated Ferengi, however, cannot be had any other way. And I would, in all honestly, be upset as well if I hadn't gotten this one, as it really *is* a frikkin' T6 gold Ferengi D'Kora! Also, the wisdom of giving away ships that can't be gotten in-game is questionable, I think.

I still doubt it's for participation, though. I'm just a 'whalette,' I'm sure there are ppl spending way more than I do. I think it's all random, really; but then, Cryptic/PWE, don't try and peddle these promos as either for not participating enough, or for having been such a loyal Captain.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I got the ship and it is awesome thank you Cryptic. The only concern i have regarding the ship is making the console set now a 3 piece. Just like the older Summer and Winter event ships how is someone who was not privileged to receive this offer going to complete that set if they wished to.

Maybe an idea like you have done with the Kelvin Consoles is to add them to the Lobi store.
    I'd also love it if you added the Starship mastery traits and Admiralty for Lobi/Lockbox ships you own to the Dil store reclaim so all toons can access the Traits and Admiralty cards if you own one of these ships.

The ship's Battle 3000 and 4000 consoles can not be on the same ship. Battle 4000 is just an upgrade to 3000, similar to the Chimera and Manticore consoles. The Ferengi console set remains a 2pc. There is, of course, the Ferengi 3pc gear from the Lobi store.

Having set it up and maxed out the trait, I will say that it is a very nice ship to own. The Tac/Intel Lt Comd slot is somewhat useful. Though I have OSS3 slotted, I wonder if it would actually be beneficial over TS3 or BFAW3. It is a solid ship, and a nice upgrade over the D'Kora.

As I said in another post, the ship is more like the Avenger and its T6 counterpart in layout, just more Eng-sided. Players may want to go for those ships if they didn't get this one.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    Not that I care about this, but not revealing the criteria is just going to lead to hurt feelings. As for me, there are other ships I'd rather get for free from PWE, but seeing as they are lock box ships the chances of that are extremely low.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    budoshin42 wrote: »
    I haven't gotten one but I have seen what the e-mail looks like from someone else sharing.

2duimpz.jpg

No word yet on the criteria for getting one but it did make me go through my transaction history to check to see that I have spent a little over $2000 in zen purchases since 2013 and have almost 400 days subbed but haven't bought a LTS yet.

Got the redemption code for the ship but nothing on swag in mine.

Betting its also levels of rewards. Some get just the ship. Others get the swag as well.
    Post edited by f8explorer#7814 on
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    Ya know, if this turns out to be an error like the other ship giveaways, why not just give it out altogether and chock it up to morale booster? I'm sure the intended effect is to appreciate people that spend the money, but I'm also sure that good will gestures will help a lot towards getting people to loosen their wallet as well.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    bridgern wrote: »
    other people having some thing that I don't have doesnt diminish me or my enjoyment of the game

I think it's less that he did not get the ship at least not yet but the general way this is handled and to be honest may also the state of the game.

The state of the game has never been better though.

That was a good one!
    Bridger.png
This discussion has been closed.