test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

t6 feringi Marauder: How did someone get this ship early?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    I'm not sure since most of the people are oblivious to it if they never say anything about it
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    huh....i wonder how long codes last anyway. while searching to see if i had this email, i found one from a while back offering me a free andromeda class ship, sadly the code doesnt work. nor do i got the shiny nagus email.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    If this special promo even contains physical goods, I would not expect it to be available outside the US. Shipping can make things crazy.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Thats a gd point. Im uk. Maybe its US mainland only
  • oninotaki18oninotaki18 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Man I really want that ship. My main is a ferengi who alternates between the other two feren go ships. I hope there is a way to get a non-gold version of the ship. Oh and I did not get an email and I have had a LTS since just after launch, spend well over $1000 a year on the game and play daily. I cannot imagine what the requirements are.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Yes, that is the address.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I kno how u feel. Have loads of lockbox/lobi/cstore ships. Beem lts since open beta. Play every day. Hope they release the requirments :'(
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Ok, I REALLY need this ship, I am a hugh ferengi collector, everything ferengi ingame I have, please cryptic send me a code!! I don't care about the physical swag, just the ship please!!
    @laughingtrendy please!!!!
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    I got mine by a code from email this morning and it's all made of gold ^^;
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    If this special promo even contains physical goods, I would not expect it to be available outside the US. Shipping can make things crazy.

Nah, I'm in the Netherlands. And shiny new hat is on its way. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Somebody sell me a code for energy credits!!
  • budoshin42budoshin42 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Somebody sell me a code for energy credits!!

Keep dreaming Kenny, lol. I'm hoping they are doing several rounds of e-mails and will eventually release the selection criteria. My old roommate who doesn't play anymore got a T6 Valiant e-mail and he gave me the code and it wouldn't work on an account other than the one they gifted it to. It will likely be the same here, especially since they are sending a swag box to some or all recipients.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Who knows... they may be using one's play time, using ARC, as a means of assigning the codes...

In my case, most likely no code here then; 10.5 hours/ARC vs 1973 hours/Steam...
    Ok, depressed as hell here, Thanks cryptic to ruin my holiday....
    I think the criteria is, you're lucky or not...
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

Pretty much.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »

Pretty much.

Well, lack of luck seems to have jeopardized at least 50 billion EC's worth in ships and other items. My younger brother has very nearly gone berserk upon learning that he can't get a Nagus. :worried:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    bridgern wrote: »
    lyanaar wrote: »
    This is going to be good considering the reactions when people got the T6 Galaxy for not playing.

This is different...you could get the Galaxy ingame and even buy it from the c-store...The Marauder is something that should be for people who show real passion to the game und showed faith in it, even in the dark Atari times...but lots of them are screwed atm.

I know that's why I said "considering the reactions when people got the T6 Galaxy for not playing." this will have a way bigger inpact.

I think the issue with that was more about the T6 Galaxy being given away to some people for free so soon after the ship was released. If it was an older ship that was around for a year or more nobody would have cared.

I did see someone with this new mystery ship at DS9 system right above the station (due to camera angle you can't see me because I was right underneath it). Player info said it was a 'Ferengi Nagus Marauder T6'.

Screenshot%2065_zps73rjwr4u.png~original

I checked my email, even the junk folder, and nothing. :'(
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    This is going to be good considering the reactions when people got the T6 Galaxy for not playing.

This is different...you could get the Galaxy ingame and even buy it from the c-store...The Marauder is something that should be for people who show real passion to the game und showed faith in it, even in the dark Atari times...but lots of them are screwed atm.

I know that's why I said "considering the reactions when people got the T6 Galaxy for not playing." this will have a way bigger inpact.

I think the issue with that was more about the T6 Galaxy being given away to some people for free so soon after the ship was released. If it was an older ship that was around for a year or more nobody would have cared.

I did see someone with this new mystery ship at DS9 system right above the station (due to camera angle you can't see me because I was right underneath it). Player info said it was a 'Ferengi Nagus Marauder T6'.

Screenshot%2065_zps73rjwr4u.png~original

I checked my email, even the junk folder, and nothing. :'(

The problem with the Galaxy was that it was giving away to players that have not played in a long time and Cryptic thanked them for their support of the game.

Bridger.png
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    2377 Days STO, LTS, Beta User (real Beta, not ftp)
    except for some Klingon bridges owns every c-store item/pack
    more than 30 chars
    plays every day
    spent A LOT MORE than 1000€ on the game

nope...no ship or mail...guess its a "hes from europe" thing :'(

Have to admit, this sort of thing doesn't usually upset me too much - but this time, yeah....

Love the look of that ship, and I'm another who should definitely qualify. So god knows why I haven't received the magic email.

Got to say, feeling VERY offended about this.
    This is all very new. You'd do well to calm down and wait until there's more information.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    Im not upset just a little disapointed. I dont mind if i dont meet the requirments. Just wish id knew what they were. It would have been nice for the to say "all players that have been with the game since beta will be awarded with a new t6" ect
  • lyanaarlyanaar Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    more than 30 chars
    plays every day

So you've played all day, every day since STO launched have you, didn't even sleep? Yeah right.

I play every day for at least 1 hour...and i'm lucky...i can play while working :p
  • lyanaarlyanaar Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    more than 30 chars
    plays every day

So you've played all day, every day since STO launched have you, didn't even sleep? Yeah right.

I play every day for at least 1 hour...and i'm lucky...i can play while working :p
  • trelliztrelliz Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I was going to save some zen in case this was a lockbox ship or something down the line, but as that doesn't seem to be the case I'm considering getting the temporal everything pack instead. Thanks cryptic for making my choices easier.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    more than 30 chars
    plays every day

Have to admit, this sort of thing doesn't usually upset me too much - but this time, yeah....

Love the look of that ship, and I'm another who should definitely qualify. So god knows why I haven't received the magic email.

This is all very new. You'd do well to calm down and wait until there's more information.

I doubt there will be any further information.

*nods* There usually isn't.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Okay...I think I might know what's going on here.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with spending at least 1000$ in the past year.

Because every pre requisite that was mentioned I've met.
    LTS
    Daily Player
    Spent at least 2500$ + since 2012. (Actually scared to check my paypal history, because its probably way higher then my estimate)
    Never taken more then a few days off at a time over the years.
    Fleet Admiral and part of a huge Armada.

The only thing I can think of that would disqualify me is that I really haven't spent much at all in the last year and a half-ish.
    It's a certainty that I've not spent a 1000$ in game over the last year... So I'm thinking, maybe that is the issue, at least on my end.

Would really like them to explain this one though.
    The other giveaways I could understand, they were trying to get metrics up, and offering a nice T6 to absentee players.
    Or it was offered to those that play on and off in spurts.

But this, THIS needs to be explained, because as it stands, I feel really bummed out. And I'm sure many others who've spent their hard earned money in game are feeling this way as well.

If it's the 1000$ in the past year... I can live with that. And would understand and accept that restriction. It's reasonable really.
    But not knowing, it feels like a huge slap in the face, and that they never appreciated my contributions.

Welp, I guess I'll hold off on completely flipping out for a few days (in case one finds its way to my email).
    But I'm guessing they all went out at once, mass email..
    So, I'm not optimistic that I'll be receiving one.

Other possibilities for disqualification;
    - Making payments through PayPal and not directly through a credit card.
    - Having an incomplete Arc profile -- (lack of mailing address or other "optional" information)
    - Mentioning any other game in the forums *cough No Man's Sky cough*
    - You tried to get PvP fixed (lol)
    - Or more likely, they just don't like your face :mrgreen:

Sigh...seriously though, I'm really bummed out about this.
    I would really appreciate it if they let us know what the criteria was. Because right now, I'm just scratching my head in confusion, and it's just bumming me out.

If I didn't meet a requirement...well, I can live with that. But not knowing is killing me.
    Out of respect for the players who've contributed to the game, I think they owe us this simple courtesy.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I cannot verify this as it's second hand info but a friend in my chat said they know someone who got it and they've never bought any Zen?!?!?

If that is the case then something not quite right here, but again....I can't verify this info, just a rumor. But we know how damaging that sort of thing can be so i'd like to see some clarification from the Devs.
    SulMatuul.png
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    more than 30 chars
    plays every day

There won't be with this either. They never elaborated upon the giveaway ships sent to tempt players back. They won't elaborate on this.

I'm desperately trying not to say what I really think about this.

Let the hate flow through you, yesss, yesss...

No seriously though, let it out my disgruntled brother. Otherwise they'll never know how faithful players such as yourself feel about this.
    It may not help anything, or get us an explanation, but at least you can vent. Im really PO'd tbh.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    dalolorn wrote: »
    more than 30 chars
    plays every day

There won't be with this either. They never elaborated upon the giveaway ships sent to tempt players back. They won't elaborate on this.

I'm desperately trying not to say what I really think about this.

Let the hate flow through you, yesss, yesss...

No seriously though, let it out my disgruntled brother. Otherwise they'll never know how faithful players such as yourself feel about this.
    It may not help anything, or get us an explanation, but at least you can vent. Im really PO'd tbh.

I'd love to - but to what end? I can give a rational, well considered explaination pertaining to why I find this situation so offensive but I've been a forumite here for a long time and I know that someone will just accuse me of being a self-entitled whiner who wants something for nothing.

It's not a gold-plated Nova, so what use it anyway? :p

A friend of mine once mentioned a study that found that while giving consistently rewards meant test subjects tried harder, it worked even better if you did not consistenly give good rewards. So basically, if a waiter gets a nice tip every time from a customer, he does a decent job. But give him a tip only some of the days (but presumably only when thy did a good job), and he tried even harder. That'S also the reason why random loot drops (and lockboxes) work. This might be just another way to motivate players to stay with the game - maybe if you the spend enough, play enough, post enough, contribute enough, whatever, one day Cryptic will deem fit to reward you for it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • baldrick8baldrick8 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    It might also be something completely brainless - like every 250th registered user or something. Or the RNG doing lottery.
This discussion has been closed.