test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

t6 feringi Marauder: How did someone get this ship early?

Comments

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I cannot verify this as it's second hand info but a friend in my chat said they know someone who got it and they've never bought any Zen?!?!?

If that is the case then something not quite right here, but again....I can't verify this info, just a rumor. But we know how damaging that sort of thing can be so i'd like to see some clarification from the Devs.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    dalolorn wrote: »
    lyanaar wrote: »
    2377 Days STO, LTS, Beta User (real Beta, not ftp)
    except for some Klingon bridges owns every c-store item/pack
    more than 30 chars
    plays every day
    spent A LOT MORE than 1000€ on the game

nope...no ship or mail...guess its a "hes from europe" thing :'(

Have to admit, this sort of thing doesn't usually upset me too much - but this time, yeah....

Love the look of that ship, and I'm another who should definitely qualify. So god knows why I haven't received the magic email.

Got to say, feeling VERY offended about this.
    This is all very new. You'd do well to calm down and wait until there's more information.

I doubt there will be any further information.

*nods* There usually isn't.

There won't be with this either. They never elaborated upon the giveaway ships sent to tempt players back. They won't elaborate on this.

I'm desperately trying not to say what I really think about this.

Let the hate flow through you, yesss, yesss...

No seriously though, let it out my disgruntled brother. Otherwise they'll never know how faithful players such as yourself feel about this.
    It may not help anything, or get us an explanation, but at least you can vent. Im really PO'd tbh.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    dalolorn wrote: »
    lyanaar wrote: »
    2377 Days STO, LTS, Beta User (real Beta, not ftp)
    except for some Klingon bridges owns every c-store item/pack
    more than 30 chars
    plays every day
    spent A LOT MORE than 1000€ on the game

nope...no ship or mail...guess its a "hes from europe" thing :'(

Have to admit, this sort of thing doesn't usually upset me too much - but this time, yeah....

Love the look of that ship, and I'm another who should definitely qualify. So god knows why I haven't received the magic email.

Got to say, feeling VERY offended about this.
    This is all very new. You'd do well to calm down and wait until there's more information.

I doubt there will be any further information.

*nods* There usually isn't.

There won't be with this either. They never elaborated upon the giveaway ships sent to tempt players back. They won't elaborate on this.

I'm desperately trying not to say what I really think about this.

Let the hate flow through you, yesss, yesss...

No seriously though, let it out my disgruntled brother. Otherwise they'll never know how faithful players such as yourself feel about this.
    It may not help anything, or get us an explanation, but at least you can vent. Im really PO'd tbh.

I'd love to - but to what end? I can give a rational, well considered explaination pertaining to why I find this situation so offensive but I've been a forumite here for a long time and I know that someone will just accuse me of being a self-entitled whiner who wants something for nothing.

It's not a gold-plated Nova, so what use it anyway? :p

A friend of mine once mentioned a study that found that while giving consistently rewards meant test subjects tried harder, it worked even better if you did not consistenly give good rewards. So basically, if a waiter gets a nice tip every time from a customer, he does a decent job. But give him a tip only some of the days (but presumably only when thy did a good job), and he tried even harder. That'S also the reason why random loot drops (and lockboxes) work. This might be just another way to motivate players to stay with the game - maybe if you the spend enough, play enough, post enough, contribute enough, whatever, one day Cryptic will deem fit to reward you for it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    baldrick8baldrick8 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    It might also be something completely brainless - like every 250th registered user or something. Or the RNG doing lottery.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Ah Cryptic. You sure know how to unmotivate your playerbase so well...

Not too bothered by this one (Though it would still be nice to have..), as I could never decide which of my chars would get it..

The T6 Defiant you gave out a while ago offended me more, which meant I will never buy that ship.

I don't get why you do these things, but much like a parent that only rewards one child in the family over the others, it will continue to cause problems for you...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    In the end this will create more damage than it will do good, btw congrats to everyone who got a ship.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Other possibilities for disqualification;
    - Having an incomplete Arc profile -- (lack of mailing address or other "optional" information)

For what it's worth, I also thought of this possibility and so I filled it all out on my ARC profile. No email yet, but of course I wouldn't if they were sending them out in batches. Of course, there's also the possibility of it being a case of 'too late, tough luck', and they're only sending it out once.

Yet again, despite all of the issues in the past with similar promotions, Cryptic have no intention of clarifying any of this. Shame too, if they bothered to actually tell us what the requirements are, it might have gone some way to counteract the anger at the 'thanks for not actually playing, have a free ship for all your support' offers they've done previously.

If it turns out to be that you need to be an American because of that goodie bag I am going to extremely annoyed though. TRIBBLE all of your foreign playerbase out of getting a cool ship all because you decided to bundle a hat with it is just... well even Cryptic should know better than that.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I am a pillar of the community and the game's leading Ferengi player. I didnt get a ship.

But, I'm not put off by it. I am perfectly happy if its just a thing for people who have contributed the most to the game. I have a LTS but I know i am not in the top percentiles of contributors, so it's perfectly fair in my opinion.

If that's the case Druk, I would certainly accept that. And it would be a great nod to those top spending players. So I'd have 0 issues with that.
    But there have been reports that people who've spent nothing are receiving them. And that is not helping me feel any better about it.
    Sorry I'm just really bummed out here. Venting mostly at this point. sigh.

I wish it were as you said though. I'd feel a lot better about it.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    titanparadisetitanparadise Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'm in the UK and I got two mails with different codes, going to put one up for the fleet competition prize.

Not sure you'll be able to, boss, it says in the email it's account bound :-(
  • Options
    baldrick8 wrote: »
    It might also be something completely brainless - like every 250th registered user or something. Or the RNG doing lottery.

You're probably right on the RNG, they probably had a pool of "qualified players" but only so many ships were given away. Or something to that effect.
    Which would explain the shaft a lot of us are getting.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    commandersolacecommandersolace Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Okay...I think I might know what's going on here.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with spending at least 1000$ in the past year.

Because every pre requisite that was mentioned I've met.
    LTS
    Daily Player
    Spent at least 2500$ + since 2012. (Actually scared to check my paypal history, because its probably way higher then my estimate)
    Never taken more then a few days off at a time over the years.
    Fleet Admiral and part of a huge Armada.

The only thing I can think of that would disqualify me is that I really haven't spent much at all in the last year and a half-ish.
    It's a certainty that I've not spent a 1000$ in game over the last year... So I'm thinking, maybe that is the issue, at least on my end.

Would really like them to explain this one though.
    The other giveaways I could understand, they were trying to get metrics up, and offering a nice T6 to absentee players.
    Or it was offered to those that play on and off in spurts.

But this, THIS needs to be explained, because as it stands, I feel really bummed out. And I'm sure many others who've spent their hard earned money in game are feeling this way as well.

If it's the 1000$ in the past year... I can live with that. And would understand and accept that restriction. It's reasonable really.
    But not knowing, it feels like a huge slap in the face, and that they never appreciated my contributions.

Welp, I guess I'll hold off on completely flipping out for a few days (in case one finds its way to my email).
    But I'm guessing they all went out at once, mass email..
    So, I'm not optimistic that I'll be receiving one.

- Making payments through PayPal and not directly through a credit card.
    - Having an incomplete Arc profile -- (lack of mailing address or other "optional" information)
    - Mentioning any other game in the forums *cough No Man's Sky cough*
    - You tried to get PvP fixed (lol)
    - Or more likely, they just don't like your face :mrgreen:

Sigh...seriously though, I'm really bummed out about this.
    I would really appreciate it if they let us know what the criteria was. Because right now, I'm just scratching my head in confusion, and it's just bumming me out.

If I didn't meet a requirement...well, I can live with that. But not knowing is killing me.
    Out of respect for the players who've contributed to the game, I think they owe us this simple courtesy.

Those disqualification criteria are not realistic, I've always bought zen via PayPal and pretty much done everything on that list xD I suspect its for 1000$ during the last x amount of time
    Solace.png
    "I'd be delighted to offer advice on women. When I have some I'll let you know..." - Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options

You're probably right on the RNG, they probably had a pool of "qualified players" but only so many ships were given away. Or something to that effect.

Because, of course, giving out a top tier ship to only a random sub-set of players who qualify for it, despite that ship being a virtual good that can be given out as many times as Cryptic wants for no cost, is an absolutely brilliant idea with no downsides at all. /s
  • Options
    Okay...I think I might know what's going on here.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with spending at least 1000$ in the past year.

Because every pre requisite that was mentioned I've met.
    LTS
    Daily Player
    Spent at least 2500$ + since 2012. (Actually scared to check my paypal history, because its probably way higher then my estimate)
    Never taken more then a few days off at a time over the years.
    Fleet Admiral and part of a huge Armada.

The only thing I can think of that would disqualify me is that I really haven't spent much at all in the last year and a half-ish.
    It's a certainty that I've not spent a 1000$ in game over the last year... So I'm thinking, maybe that is the issue, at least on my end.

Would really like them to explain this one though.
    The other giveaways I could understand, they were trying to get metrics up, and offering a nice T6 to absentee players.
    Or it was offered to those that play on and off in spurts.

But this, THIS needs to be explained, because as it stands, I feel really bummed out. And I'm sure many others who've spent their hard earned money in game are feeling this way as well.

If it's the 1000$ in the past year... I can live with that. And would understand and accept that restriction. It's reasonable really.
    But not knowing, it feels like a huge slap in the face, and that they never appreciated my contributions.

Welp, I guess I'll hold off on completely flipping out for a few days (in case one finds its way to my email).
    But I'm guessing they all went out at once, mass email..
    So, I'm not optimistic that I'll be receiving one.

- Making payments through PayPal and not directly through a credit card.
    - Mentioning any other game in the forums *cough No Man's Sky cough*
    - You tried to get PvP fixed (lol)
    - Or more likely, they just don't like your face :mrgreen:

Sigh...seriously though, I'm really bummed out about this.
    I would really appreciate it if they let us know what the criteria was. Because right now, I'm just scratching my head in confusion, and it's just bumming me out.

If I didn't meet a requirement...well, I can live with that. But not knowing is killing me.
    Out of respect for the players who've contributed to the game, I think they owe us this simple courtesy.

Those disqualification criteria are not realistic, I've always bought zen via PayPal and pretty much done everything on that list xD I suspect its for 1000$ during the last x amount of time

Did you get one commander ?
    If so, scratch the paypal thing off the list.
    :innocent:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    this might be the first time where this sorta promo stuff gets me angry.

Itsa gold palted ship.

GOLD
    PLATED.

And we do not get it because... what we do not have a sub?

• Options
    edited July 2016

Because, of course, giving out a top tier ship to only a random sub-set of players who qualify for it, despite that ship being a virtual good that can be given out as many times as Cryptic wants for no cost, is an absolutely brilliant idea with no downsides at all. /s

Yeah Im not saying I like it...but it would explain things.

@reynoldsxd
    IKR
    GOLD FREAKIN PLATED

:cry:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I pretty much agree with Reyan on this.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    other people having some thing that I don't have doesnt diminish me or my enjoyment of the game

I think it's less that he did not get the ship at least not yet but the general way this is handled and to be honest may also the state of the game.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    Yup, no ship here, too :(

-LTS
    -Been around since beta
    -Bought 2 of the 3 expansions (Legacy+AoY)
    -Fleet/Armada leader/owner
    -Own 80+% of the ZEN-store stuff
    -Won in the screenshot contests several times
    -Only one who won in the loading screen contest 3 times
    -9920 hrs played according to Steam
    -Active poster in the offical forums

I don't feel entitled, but if that isn't support/dedication, then what is?
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    azeda1azeda1 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    This is something that have been long comming and and planned from cryptic. In march this year i recived this..

[img][/img]nagus.jpg

..and today it was reveled what it was..

[img][/img]nagus_3.png

What is even more amazing is that its Account unlocked, so all chars on the account can have it..

[img][/img]nagus_1.jpg

and at last the ship in orbit..

[img][/img]nagus_2.jpg

The physical pack is yet to come... :p

I have no clue to the criteria to get it but im really happy that did recive it..Thanks Cryptic

I have been playing since the start, logged on every day since then and have no clue the actual time in game but its a lot. I have spent way to much (over 8000$) but as I am a dedicated Star trek fan and love the game so... Im also a LTS and have an active gold account

Thank you so much :)
  • Options
    cadorette101cadorette101 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    LTS + spent about 4K since beta = No pimped out Marader (Yet).

Holding out hope
    Tain.png

• Options
    psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Listen Guys,

I've been here since Closed Beta and have a LTS (Bought in Closed Beta), I own all 3 expansion packs (the big ones), own all C-Store uniforms, Almost all of the Federations ships, about 1/2 the Romulan ships, 17 characters, a few Klingon ships, etc, etc, etc ..... and I use Arc ...

and I haven't got one ... and I have the D'Kora with the battle 3000 console ... and I don't have one ....

So I'm not sure what you need to be in order to get one of these ships, but I'd like to know....

But if I never find out, which will surely be the case, I'm not going to lose sleep over it ...

Now if you don't mind I need to run one more daily for my free T6 ship ....

See you in the Universe :)
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    I am LTS too, won screenshot contest once,I got mentioned a few times by smirk and trendy during livestreams, I was clearly in sight with Aron eisenberg ( Nog) even got a nice comment of him because i have a cool ferengi toon, log in everyday, bought ships with zen and such, please I want that ship!!!
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    this might be the first time where this sorta promo stuff gets me angry.

Itsa gold palted ship.

GOLD
    PLATED.

And we do not get it because... what we do not have a sub?

Having a sub has nothing to do with anything. As things currently stand, all we know is that some lucky players who've spent a large sum of money on STO have received this 'thankyou for being so loyal, here is unique free ship' reward. Whilst other players who've spent a large sum of money on STO have received absolutely nothing.

Guess its time to stop spending large sums of money in response to them not even handing out a basically cost free gold plated funship.

I mean its not like we are here since pre start and are bascially responsible for keeping the TRIBBLE afloat in the first place.

It just seems really TRIBBLE to be stingy with a freebie ship that they had to spent next to zero effort on.

Sometimes i wonder what sort of muppet works in marketing....
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    i say , if you are LTS you should get at least the ship
    And @laughingtrendy please give us some info why, or why not
  • Options
    It really is a shame though. Like I said before, this could have been a chance to make up for their previous messes regarding email promo's. Instead, it's only caused more anger.
  • Options
    darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    LTS here, and have been with the game - on and off you understand - since the CBT. Nothing. Not that I'm overly concerned, as I prefer account wide unlocks over these 'claim on one character' promotions, but still... it would be nice to have some official remarks from a dev.
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • Options
    darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    LTS here, and have been with the game - on and off you understand - since the CBT. Nothing. Not that I'm overly concerned, as I prefer account wide unlocks over these 'claim on one character' promotions, but still... it would be nice to have some official remarks from a dev.
    It is an account wide unlock.

Is it? Okay, slightly more concerned about it, but oh well. If I had a pound for every promotion that should apply to me, but for some reason doesn't, I'd never have to work again.
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    azeda1 wrote: »
    This is something that have been long comming and and planned from cryptic. In march this year i recived this..

[img][/img]nagus.jpg

..and today it was reveled what it was..

[img][/img]nagus_3.png

What is even more amazing is that its Account unlocked, so all chars on the account can have it..

[img][/img]nagus_1.jpg

and at last the ship in orbit..

[img][/img]nagus_2.jpg

The physical pack is yet to come... :p

I have no clue to the criteria to get it but im really happy that did recive it..Thanks Cryptic

I have been playing since the start, logged on every day since then and have no clue the actual time in game but its a lot. I have spent way to much (over 8000$) but as I am a dedicated Star trek fan and love the game so... Im also a LTS and have an active gold account

Thank you so much :)

In otherwords you haven't done a single thing that many of us in this thread haven't done too, yet you have a ship to show for it.

According to the to outcome he muste me more special.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
This discussion has been closed.