test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The hate for the Kelvin ships is ridiculous...

I'd personally like to thank the teams at Cryptic and the people at CBS/Paramount that made these ships possible to be playable.

Now with the a**-kissing out of the way, I'd just like to ask: What possesses someone to hate a ship so damn much that they end up dropping a team and sometimes, some players send nasty PMs to the person? I'm not mad, I'm more curious than anything, It's only a large model of pixels on a screen. It's not like it's going to infect you with Andorian shingles and make your eyeballs bleed.

The way I see it, yes, some people say "Oh it's not canon, only Gene's Trek is canon." But things change. Gene's, sadly and unfortunately, gone.
You can eat the same kind of cereal all you want, but eventually, you gotta eat the oatmeal sitting in its can in the cupboard.

We finally have an endgame Constitution-class vessel. We finally have a plethora of TOS ships and skins to use for endgame purposes. We finally have an Intelligence-based Dreadnought with dual cannon compatibility.
That's something to be happy about. Sure, most of what I mentioned isn't considered canon by the community, but if CBS/Paramount finally let Cryptic have the assets and what not and work their asses off to bring us these crisp models, we can at least respect someone else that has them and keep our possibly hurtful opinions to ourselves.

We may not like a ship, but that doesn't mean someone else doesn't. I mean, aside from the TOS skin option, I hate the flat pancake ships. Mainly because most I've had on my team ridicule me for having a Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser and leave, but you know what? It doesn't matter. STO is about having a good time and the ignore option is there for a reason. If your "teammates" (and I use this term loosely) want to act like children and leave your team, then that's their problem. "Doing their part" and abandoning their team is a contradiction. If you were really going to do your part on a team, you'd put aside your feelings and get the job done. Everyone gets marks and dilithium and possible Rubidium/Z-Particle you can sell, so I don't know what the big deal is.
latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.

Comments

• Options
    bahamut1978bahamut1978 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Reason is simple. People wanted an endgame TOS Constitution, not the JJ/AR/KT Enterprise. And after years of asking for it, STO gets "another" Constitution. Some people is going to be pissed off, assume it, as they feel cheated or laughed off; they've been asking for a ship, they don't get it and, instead, other people get "their" ship without even asking for it.
  • Options
    warpnugget#0537 warpnugget Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    in my case i dont hate the ships per-se,i mean it could be shaped like donald's trump head and i still wouldnt give a damn.

but each time i see the green text popping up that someone has aquired a ship for real money i get a mixed bag of emotions, first i feel sad for the stupid sap that spent real money on a ship,second i feel hate because of them whales is the reason this travesty of a game is still up and running,wish they would stop buying those glorified mounts so this game could die and then maybe we would get someone that would create a proper star trek mmo...
  • Options
    calidhriscalidhris Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    We do not have an endgame Constitution. We have a ship that from some angles looks remotely like a Constitution but which completely falls through upon closer inspection.

To some of us, these ships are just ugly. To most of us, they symbolise a radically wrong direction the franchise has taken.

Abrams Trek is divisive, and that is the case because it splits the fandom into those who love Star Trek the way it used to be. The Trek of TOS, TNG and large parts of DS9, of which we'll only find traces in VOY and ENT.

Now Abrams comes around and in his film he changes everything around. He destroys two of the most iconic locations fans have always loved - Romulus and Vulcan - and portrays his characters as imbeciles. Spock isn't clever enough to figure out he can save Vulcan by walking over to a Federation outpost and warning the Federation of impending doom, new-Spock isn't master of his own emotions and has a fling with Uhura, new-Kirk is a common bar room brawler, new-Sulu doesn't even realise the handbrake is on (or whatever they called it), new-Scott is a complete screwball played by an actor who just cannot do a serious role (love him as a comedian, but not here)... the list goes on - pair that with radically different aesthetics (e.g. apple store bridge, brewery engine room), a shaky camera, excessive lens flares and a plethora of mindless action sequences (something especially Nemesis was guilty of, too) and you get a very bad mix.

And the worst of it all is: Previous re-imaginings of the Trek universe respected what came before. Previous series always added to what was there before. Even Enterprise came out and 'fixed' most discrepancies by saying they were later corrected in the timeline.

Abrams Trek does not respect what came before. It's a mean-spirited parody. Its creators have admitted as much. It portrays a timeline incursion at a pivotal point in the Trek storyline simply so they can completely disregard anything that was released before, and they do it with a vengeance. Into Darkness was not one wee bit better

If you look at it closely, the temporal incursion in Abrams Trek does not explain most differences. Abrams Trek does not feel like it's Star Trek at all. The Kelvin alone, a ship supposedly from the prime universe into which the incursion from the prime universe future took place... it should have been a Daedalus class or something, not this monstrosity. The Nerada is equally horrible. Looks like a bad attempt at doing a Shadow vessel from Babylon 5. Certainly not like a Romulan ship.

No other change in or to the Trek universe has ever been this divisive, no other change has ever been this destructive.

So, long story short, the hatred for the ships stems from a hatred of those films.
    The ships themselves are despised because of what they replace. Because they're trying to tell us (as you has in your intro post) that we've go an endgame Connie now - which we don't because that ship does not deserve to be called that.
    The ships themselves are despised because of what they represent. Because they're the symbol for all that is wrong with Abrams Trek - which we don't want to see in the game as it constantly reminds us of it.

That said, I don't condone hateful messages to other players for flying those ships. The developers try to appeal to a particular customer base by introducing them, and thus they've moved away from trying to please Trekkies. That is not the fault of those players who happen to like Abrams Trek, it's the fault of those who decided to put these vessels into the game in the first place.

This is the reason I asked for a graphics mod in an earlier thread, to allow those of us to have a visual alternative who do not constantly want to be reminded of Abrams Trek through the visuals of the ships, that new uniform pack and (I fear) more stuff to come, without trying to force it on those players who happen to like it.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The number of people flying them shows that there are just as many, if not more players that like them.

Some people don't like the new Star Trek and that's their right, but many do.

I have had players message me in my Vengeance and ask me how I like it and how I acquired it. I have also had one player in the Badlands send me a message that he wouldn't play in the same zone as me because my 'overpowered uber ship would steal all his kills.' I just laughed it off, I could have done just as much damage in an Arbiter or a Tactical Odyssey.. the guy was just a d'bag.

Sometimes, people just like to be rude, ignore them and play what makes you happy. I play the game to entertain myself, not the random people flying around with me.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Yes it is, OP, but there also seems to be an enormous amount of players who don't scream and shout about it who actually like the new stuff based on the amount of new ships and gear out there.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I agree. I would have expected a lot more rage then we actually got. I am kinda disappointed, what do I do with all the popcorn now?

It's a bit of a reminder to me that the most extreme positions in the game are in fact also rare. They just like to be vocal. few people go to the forums to report "Hey, I am kinda okay with you doing this"or "not my style, but whatever" or "oh, nice to see those, but my first love was the [canon ship] and I am sticking with it". :)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    calidhris wrote: »
    We do not have an endgame Constitution. We have a ship that from some angles looks remotely like a Constitution but which completely falls through upon closer inspection.

It's dedication plaque states Constitution Class.
    To some of us, these ships are just ugly. To most of us, they symbolise a radically wrong direction the franchise has taken.

Correct, the Galaxy is a revolting looking unbalanced fat ship and TNG is a mockery of TOS...
    ...Oh, sorry, I thought this was the 70s and ST fans were resistant to change.
    Abrams Trek is divisive, and that is the case because it splits the fandom into those who love Star Trek the way it used to be. The Trek of TOS, TNG and large parts of DS9, of which we'll only find traces in VOY and ENT.

So VOY and ENT are also divisive? Did you know DS9 is as well? All that trekking around one station and all that war? Or TNG is? All of ST is divisive.
    Now Abrams comes around and in his film he changes everything around. He destroys two of the most iconic locations fans have always loved - Romulus and Vulcan

Who loved Romulus?
    Spock isn't clever enough to figure out he can save Vulcan by walking over to a Federation outpost and warning the Federation of impending doom,

Really? He's just had his planet blown up and you assume he's in his right mind? Really?
    new-Spock isn't master of his own emotions and has a fling with Uhura,

And...?
    new-Kirk is a common bar room brawler,

Kirk Prime had a father, KT Kirk had an abusive stepfather. Wow, different upbringings can create different people.
    new-Sulu doesn't even realise the handbrake is on (or whatever they called it)

Here you go kid, here's the Federation Flagship, try not to get nervous and make simple mistakes eh?
    , new-Scott is a complete screwball played by an actor who just cannot do a serious role (love him as a comedian, but not here)...

Because Scotty was always the serious one right?
    pair that with radically different aesthetics (e.g. apple store bridge, brewery engine room)

You'd prefer cardboard and primary colours?

, a shaky camera, excessive lens flares and a plethora of mindless action sequences (something especially Nemesis was guilty of, too) and you get a very bad mix.

You'd prefer two ships hung from strings a metre from each other with drawn on lasers? I can see why you'd hate excitement.
    And the worst of it all is: Previous re-imaginings of the Trek universe respected what came before. Previous series always added to what was there before. Even Enterprise came out and 'fixed' most discrepancies by saying they were later corrected in the timeline.

This did add to what was there before, what came before was eNT. the KT builds on that. It's an alternate timeline.
    Abrams Trek does not respect what came before.

Bollocks.
    It's a mean-spirited parody. Its creators have admitted as much.

Not even slightly
    It portrays a timeline incursion at a pivotal point in the Trek storyline simply so they can completely disregard anything that was released before, and they do it with a vengeance. Into Darkness was not one wee bit better

Correct. So what's your point? If you understand it's a alternate timeline why are you bothered?
    If you look at it closely, the temporal incursion in Abrams Trek does not explain most differences. Abrams Trek does not feel like it's Star Trek at all. The Kelvin alone, a ship supposedly from the prime universe into which the incursion from the prime universe future took place... it should have been a Daedalus class or something, not this monstrosity. The Nerada is equally horrible. Looks like a bad attempt at doing a Shadow vessel from Babylon 5. Certainly not like a Romulan ship.

A Daedalus? I don't think you can count. The Kelvin is a perfect example of a future version of an ENT era ship. All bare metal, turreted weapons, an industrial look, and realistic bridge. And the Nerada ia a Romulan ship with borg bits. Even if you don't accept that bit it's a civilian mining ship. It's not going to look like a military ship is it?
    No other change in or to the Trek universe has ever been this divisive, no other change has ever been this destructive.

That's cute. Every new series had undergone the same amount of hate.

So, long story short, the hatred for the ships stems from a hatred of those films.

That's true.
    The ships themselves are despised because of what they replace.

Alternate Timeline, they don't replace anything.

Because they're trying to tell us (as you has in your intro post) that we've go an endgame Connie now - which we don't because that ship does not deserve to be called that.

It's dedication plaque states Constitution Class.
    The ships themselves are despised because of what they represent. Because they're the symbol for all that is wrong with Abrams Trek - which we don't want to see in the game as it constantly reminds us of it.

There's nothing wrong with the KT and the ships least of all.
    and thus they've moved away from trying to please Trekkies. That is not the fault of those players who happen to like Abrams Trek, it's the fault of those who decided to put these vessels into the game in the first place.

I can hear the bagpipes of the True Scotsman warming up.
    This is the reason I asked for a graphics mod in an earlier thread, to allow those of us to have a visual alternative who do not constantly want to be reminded of Abrams Trek through the visuals of the ships, that new uniform pack and (I fear) more stuff to come, without trying to force it on those players who happen to like it.

Really? Do you think we can do that with the TNG visuals as well because some of us really don't want to see the Galaxy at all. I don't see why we should have TNG shoved down out throats in this ST game. Everybody knows TNG is not 'True Star Trek TM'.

I've heard people aren't happy with the plots of the two KT films and they aren't exactly the masterpiece that TUC was, but bitching about how much change frightens you is pointless.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    I like to lick the marmite jar.

Now you listen to me ... GET BACK IN THE MARMITE FACTORY!

As for the Kelvin Timeline ships ...

fastfrigate_armstrong_nu.jpg

That one ^^^ want ... NOWAH!

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    bengahlbengahl Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    i'm more inclined to lean on the side of those who want more kelvin ships in the Game.. i mean, come on guys, KT's the closest we've gotten to 'new official' designs in AGES. You can banter about the timeline TRIBBLE until the tribbles explode but it has saucers, nacelles, NCC prefix number, and is from CBS/Paramount, that's about as official as it gets.. these ships are honestly leaning towards more 'official' than the dozens of C-store & Lockbox ships that have graced the game..

I honestly think those that're complaining about KT Ships haven't got much else in their lives, and should really try to experience new things instead of being mired in the past.
    Things grow and evolve, after all...

and yes i do want a Vengeance. :P
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Abrams Trek is divisive, and that is the case because it splits the fandom into those who love Star Trek the way it used to be.

Wrong, you're doing that to yourself.

There are plenty of us out there that like both.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    bengahl wrote: »
    i'm more inclined to lean on the side of those who want more kelvin ships in the Game.. i mean, come on guys, KT's the closest we've gotten to 'new official' designs in AGES. You can banter about the timeline **** until the tribbles explode but it has saucers, nacelles, NCC prefix number, and is from CBS/Paramount, that's about as official as it gets.. these ships are honestly leaning towards more 'official' than the dozens of C-store & Lockbox ships that have graced the game..

I honestly think those that're complaining about KT Ships haven't got much else in their lives, and should really try to experience new things instead of being mired in the past.

Well, at least you're not making the mistake of assuming one has to be sixty years old in order to think JJTrek was TRIBBLE... that's a start. :tongue:

That being said, Cryptic has managed to do a pretty good job with the way they chose to include it in the game (not the first time I've thought that; the Temporal Cold War and other links to Enterprise come to mind) - Terminal Expanse is a decent enough mission, the ships (minus the Vengeance) look pretty nice and I do like the way the new weapons look. My Paladin's now loaded with tons of Kelvin cannons and torpedoes. :)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    The KT stuff is surely different. I like it. It's fun. However, this does not mean I suddenly don't like all the stuff which came before. It also does not mean I have to choose one over the other forever. I resent people who make me try to do so. Their opinions are not mine. Likewise, I have no interest in trying to change their minds. Star Trek is big enough to hold all of us.

What I dislike is the holier than thou attitude they are so quick to hold up to all and sundry. And the fact they cannot pass a chance to do so. Like they're trying to prove they are a better Star Trek fan than I am. Because they have remained steadfast to the True Faith in the face of all this JJTrek heresy. They'll go on at length about this too if you give them the opportunity. Some of them even get all Westboro Baptist about it.

I wonder, are they explaining to us or merely trying to justify to themselves?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    dalolorn wrote: »
    bengahl wrote: »
    i'm more inclined to lean on the side of those who want more kelvin ships in the Game.. i mean, come on guys, KT's the closest we've gotten to 'new official' designs in AGES. You can banter about the timeline **** until the tribbles explode but it has saucers, nacelles, NCC prefix number, and is from CBS/Paramount, that's about as official as it gets.. these ships are honestly leaning towards more 'official' than the dozens of C-store & Lockbox ships that have graced the game..

Well, at least you're not making the mistake of assuming one has to be sixty years old in order to think JJTrek was ****... that's a start. :tongue:

That being said, Cryptic has managed to do a pretty good job with the way they chose to include it in the game (not the first time I've thought that; the Temporal Cold War and other links to Enterprise come to mind) - Terminal Expanse is a decent enough mission, the ships (minus the Vengeance) look pretty nice and I do like the way the new weapons look. My Paladin's now loaded with tons of Kelvin cannons and torpedoes. :)

well the Vengeance is not a pretty ship by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a big utilitarian thing with some firepower to it.

hence the want.

certainly wouldn't turn the T6 connie down either.

• Options
    Two things in response to artan42 and those who believe that people like me are resisting change because they fear change...

a) just because something says it's a Consitution doesn't mean that it is. False advertising and labelling is as old as humanity itself. It's like making a sugary-sweet breakfast cereal and labelling it health food.

b) there's a difference between resisting change just because it's different or resisting change because the change is for the worse. Claiming otherwise is stating that all change must necessarily be for the better, always. I'm sure you can all find lots of examples where this is not the case.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Haters' gonna hate.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    To most of us, they symbolise a radically wrong direction the franchise has taken.

The "wrong direction" started with Enterprise, which started the whole "We don't know how to progress the story any further, so we're just going to do flashback shows/movies now." I don't see the same hate for stuff that came from that show.

That's the only problem I have with JJPrise. I always thought Fed ships were ugly, anyway. I'd just rather see the story progress, not be forgotten and/or rebooted. Well, so long as it's not Voyager. That's the only series I just couldn't bring myself to watch. I really did not care for anything about it.
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    a) just because something says it's a Consitution doesn't mean that it is. False advertising and labelling is as old as humanity itself. It's like making a sugary-sweet breakfast cereal and labelling it health food.

But it isn't false advertising. CBS and Paramount say it is a Constitution Class. SO guess what? its a Constitution Class
    It's just not the Constitution Class we are used to or would love to have at T6

Look, we know you are unhappy, shoot, I was spewing hate after I saw the first movie (I was laughing after the 2nd one...kicking the warp core?...saved by Kahn's blood?)
    But you know what? I remembered how each iteration of Star Trek started out and how they changed over time. Give it time.
    As much as you hate on JJ Trek, it was what sparked interest in Star Trek again and got us a new series.

Think of 'Into Darkness' as this Trek's 'Final Frontier' with a dab of 'Threshold' and 'Spock's Brain'

As it has been said...whether you like them or not, the new ships ARE canon.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I can't abide the reboot, I quite like the explanation for it that doesn't s**t all over every other film and series, but actually...I quite like the ship. The whole premise of the Dreadnought is still a ridiculous one, because why make a ship that big? It was entirely for film dramatics and not practicality and ships of that timeline being comparable or better than the current year of STO is unpleasant...but the ship looks pretty good. On screen I thought it was terrible, with great big chicken leg nacelle's, but each to their own!
  • Options
    rimmarie wrote: »

But it isn't false advertising. CBS and Paramount say it is a Constitution Class. SO guess what? its a Constitution Class
    It's just not the Constitution Class we are used to or would love to have at T6

Look, we know you are unhappy, shoot, I was spewing hate after I saw the first movie (I was laughing after the 2nd one...kicking the warp core?...saved by Kahn's blood?)
    But you know what? I remembered how each iteration of Star Trek started out and how they changed over time. Give it time.
    As much as you hate on JJ Trek, it was what sparked interest in Star Trek again and got us a new series.

Think of 'Into Darkness' as this Trek's 'Final Frontier' with a dab of 'Threshold' and 'Spock's Brain'

As it has been said...whether you like them or not, the new ships ARE canon.

Kelvin Timeline's yet to have its inaugural "Growing of the beard"

or have people forgotten how utterly full of cheese Season 1 of TNG was, hrm?
  • Options
    drmilkydrmilky Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    its funny how people are imature enough to hate seing a simple ship thats cannon, either they like it or not but dont mind all the ships sto introduced that are sto made...
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    God i'm so sick of all the whining about who's Trek is the proper Trek and expecting Cryptic to waste money on "opt-out" mechanisms for people who hate is so much their eyes bleed if they see a Kelvin ship.
    I mean come on guys, without Abrams version of Trek the franchise was as good as dead. Enterprise got cancelled, Nemesis was hated by a large number of fans and outsiders...this game would not exist without the rebooted Trek films getting the franchise some attention.

Kelvin ships are as different AND similar to the TOS as TNG, or DS9, or Voyager were. They are all different versions of the same universe and how it's been envisioned in different television eras. To hate only one is personal choice but to say it's definitive is just ridiculous.
    I grew up watching TNG after school and that's my Trek, but I totally accept that everything before and after is the same universe even if it looks a little different due to visual preferences when it was made. But I love all of it, even if each show had some real stinker episodes and some of the films are a bit wobbly.

I'm grateful for the Kelvin films because it's more Trek, and i'm glad it's been integrated (really well actually) into the game.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    sinn74 wrote: »
    To most of us, they symbolise a radically wrong direction the franchise has taken.

The "wrong direction" started with Enterprise, which started the whole "We don't know how to progress the story any further, so we're just going to do flashback shows/movies now." I don't see the same hate for stuff that came from that show.

That's the only problem I have with JJPrise. I always thought Fed ships were ugly, anyway. I'd just rather see the story progress, not be forgotten and/or rebooted. Well, so long as it's not Voyager. That's the only series I just couldn't bring myself to watch. I really did not care for anything about it.

Eh, Enterprise wasn't after a long period of absolute nothingness, and it at least made some token effort to adhere to previous canon. Not a very good or successful effort, but an effort nonetheless. The Kelvin timeline, on the other hand... it's different enough that it cannot be reconciled with its chronological predecessor (remember, ENT is a common element to both timelines), and Nero's time travel event somehow managed to completely (and possibly retroactively) change the birth dates of most or all of the TOS crew on top of everything else it allegedly managed to retroactively TRIBBLE up.

In that regard, I repeat that Cryptic handled the whole affair a lot better than Abrams and his lot, by abandoning any pretense of 'alternate timeline caused by time travel event' and going all-out 'alternate reality' on the place. I still think it's TRIBBLE, and I still hate the fact that it's drastically reduced the likelihood of getting any more prime universe content outside of STO, but at least it's slightly less ridiculous now that they've made that adjustment.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    it really is astonishing how childish some people can behave over some things. I mean not liking JJ-verse is one thing, but dropping the team, or sending insults pretty much is the threshold for being an utter moron.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    captaintroikacaptaintroika Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    I got a Vengeance the first day of the lockbox. Suck it, poor people!
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited July 2016

I'm going to take the other path of extremity here just for fun.

We're currently in Earth 1. You all are living on Earth 2, enjoying the golden age and the past. Which is cool and all, but we're in the right now. The Enterprise that is commanded by Captain Kirk in 2016 is the one that is on the big screen and will get blown up in movie theaters across the country this week. It's the Kelvin timeline. It's the here and now.

It's the Enterprise. And it's what we've got.

And much like Scotty in the first film, those of us in STO can now get our hands on her ample nacelles.

So while you're hanging out with Johnny Thunder over a nice Turkey dinner at some hotel talking about past capers with the rest of your Justice Society ... the Justice League over here on Earth One is having new adventures and moving the story forward!

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rimmarie wrote: »

I have little hope of the next series being any better... if it's not based on the reboot it might be. I'm just not that thirsty for Trek that I'll drink anything, if you know what I mean.

This discussion has been closed.