What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I think "Cutting the Cord" might be the worst adventure in the entire game

124»

Comments

• Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    I actually like this mission. I highly sniping from the catwalks and running with lots of AOE.

Night of the comet is actually fun if you have multi-target moves. I've got the nerve tonic formula memorized by now...

Coliseum gains points for the TOS fight music, but man did I want to kill Slamek. All that work to help a guy who ends up betraying you. If I help someone that much, I better get them as a DOff. :) Even my federation captain would have suggested a little orbital bombardment of Hakeev's execution force.

Small Craft missions that are not puzzles tend to be a pain all right.

Never hated Of Bajor. It's like a Diplomacy mission, scaled up.

Boldly They Rode would have been so much better if you could walk at normal speed. I have crazy-awesome Solanae or Nukara enviro suits, I should be able to get around reasonably in space. Even then, the worst spot is the exterior sensors puzzle, since it is different every time, and requires you to walk over to each station slowly. Not fun, Cryptic. The inside of the station and the space battle are great.

By far the worst mission I have played was Dust to Dust. Not for Harry Kim, that's not that bad of voice work. The platforming was EVIL. Platforming is fun with tight, responsive controls, not something seen in MMOs. It's a shame, because the opening is pretty fun, and the mission could have been much better if the platforms were replaced with puzzles.

Hot, stemmed glass, sour, drop of honey, little pick me up ?
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I am abhoring having to do "Boldy they Rode" again. I want to gouge out Kurland's eyes. Had it been my Admiral's call he'd of been relieved of duty long ago and commanding a garbage scow.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Cutting the cord isn't that bad ... now Coliseum on the other hand, I'd buy an annorax right now if I could use it to erase that mission from history.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    That whole romulan arc is tedious, annoying TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Anything in which you need to use a shuttle or small craft. Hate it.

grab a to'duj if ya think shuttles are bad... but yeah small craft suck in this game

There is or was a mission in which you had to use one. Can't remember because it was long ago, but I think it's on the klingon storyline. Dreadful.
    Romulan. Defending a colony from Elachi walkers. A pain and a half.​​
    Ugh... I hate that one.... It looks SOOOO cool... but those Walkers are balanced for a team of 5 PLAYERS, and the NPCs are like gnats.
    Boldly They Rode would have been so much better if you could walk at normal speed. I have crazy-awesome Solanae or Nukara enviro suits, I should be able to get around reasonably in space. Even then, the worst spot is the exterior sensors puzzle, since it is different every time, and requires you to walk over to each station slowly. Not fun, Cryptic. The inside of the station and the space battle are great.
    You can brute force it. Worst case scenario try 16 combinations. usually 8 or less.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Worst case scenario try 16 combinations. usually 8 or less.

Do you get feedback where stuff went wrong? Because if you do, it may be preferrable, if you don't it's actually 256 combos.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    xyquarze wrote: »
    Do you get feedback where stuff went wrong? Because if you do, it may be preferrable, if you don't it's actually 256 combos.
    It's sequential. Guess the first number, it continues if you're right, if wrong it starts over.

Example:
    guess 1 at prompt A > wrong! > return to prompt A
    guess 2 at prompt A > right! > continue to prompt B
    guess 1 at prompt B > wrong! > return to prompt A
    insert 2 at prompt A > (this goes the same as last time since the numbers don't change)
    guess 2 at prompt B> etc....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    brantregarebrantregare Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    No... Coliseum is one of the worst.. ranks way above or below Cutting the Cord.. which ever direction you care to go for "worst".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    It's sequential. Guess the first number, it continues if you're right, if wrong it starts over.

Example:
    guess 1 at prompt A > wrong! > return to prompt A
    guess 2 at prompt A > right! > continue to prompt B
    guess 1 at prompt B > wrong! > return to prompt A
    insert 2 at prompt A > (this goes the same as last time since the numbers don't change)
    guess 2 at prompt B> etc....

Ah, didn't know that. That is probably quicker than slow crawling. Thanks.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    cutting the cord is not boring, imo.

here is my list of boring missions:

1st: ragnarok; blablabla, daniels, blabla, too long, too many fights, blabla
    2nd:temporal reckoning blablabla, daniels, blabla; the temporal front; blablabla, the temporal dude, blabla, i hate this guy, blabla
    most of the temporal missions are really poorly written. And the character of daniel doesn't deserve so many missions; boring in Entreprise, boring in Sto
    3rd: of bajor, boldly they rode, coliseum
    4th: surface tension, house pegh (hahahaha), delta flight (this mission is just an advertisement for the pilot ships), dust to dust
    5th: a step between stars.

and my most hated episodes:

1st: delta
    2nd: future proof. I can't wait to see all this temporal c..., definitely finished
    3rd: breen invasion
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    echatty wrote: »
    Boldly They Rode isn't as bad as it used to be for me. Still won't ever be a favorite, not until Kurland stops that static-filled "Kurland here!" every time I take a few steps.

Yeah hate that, and many of the message completely unneccessary.

Vault is just boring, a really lazy mission that needs serious redesign. Cutting the Cord is far better than the Vault.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Atmospheric Assault - Shuttles defend the Colony. During the Shuttle Event, that PVE Queue awards the greatest number of Marks of any of the other Queues. In fact it may award the mist of any Queue. Up to 270 with Daily or 215 without. It is really not bad. Only problem I have is I keep running into the ceiling.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Atmospheric Assault - Shuttles defend the Colony. During the Shuttle Event, that PVE Queue awards the greatest number of Marks of any of the other Queues. In fact it may award the mist of any Queue. Up to 270 with Daily or 215 without. It is really not bad. Only problem I have is I keep running into the ceiling.
    The queue is better than the story mission. The story mission leaves you stuck with useless NPCs as wingmen.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Did Of Bajor with my TOS toon today ... all i'm going to say about that mission is Dukat was right.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    There are missions I don't like in the game.. Of Bajor, Coliseum, The Vault, and a few others..

There is only one though that I dread. One that I just hate with every drop of vile hatred that my soul can possibly conjure..

The Kobali Front.

What a hot, steaming pile of animal excrement that thing is. I honestly think that the Kobali BZ is the absolute pinnacle of poor game design and trudging through that nightmare is an absolute chore. I just finished it today on my Temporal Recruit, I do it just to unlock the last 2 missions for my Iconian Marks and I loathed and detested every reprehensible minute of it.

That BZ is so badly designed. Since day 1, people complained that the respawn timers are WAY too fast, but nothing is ever done to fix it. I honestly hate every second I spend on Kobali Prime and that part of the Delta arc is the absolute worst mission in STO in my opinion. It's absolutely insufferable.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    There are missions I don't like in the game.. Of Bajor, Coliseum, The Vault, and a few others..

There is only one though that I dread. One that I just hate with every drop of vile hatred that my soul can possibly conjure..

The Kobali Front.

What a hot, steaming pile of animal excrement that thing is. I honestly think that the Kobali BZ is the absolute pinnacle of poor game design and trudging through that nightmare is an absolute chore. I just finished it today on my Temporal Recruit, I do it just to unlock the last 2 missions for my Iconian Marks and I loathed and detested every reprehensible minute of it.

That BZ is so badly designed. Since day 1, people complained that the respawn timers are WAY too fast, but nothing is ever done to fix it. I honestly hate every second I spend on Kobali Prime and that part of the Delta arc is the absolute worst mission in STO in my opinion. It's absolutely insufferable.

Lol yea, gotta love when youve just cleared at the gates and someone reboots it at the chokepoint below and you now have to redo it to turn it in.

I have held that hill with two boffs on so many occasions now i dubbed it Bloody Ridge.

• Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User

The Kobali Front.

Helping the Kobali has been generally maligned since it came out, IIRC. And the entire barren wasteland of a battlezone is a good reminder that developers don't necessarily know what players want. What a waste of time and resources.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    the worst spot is the exterior sensors puzzle, since it is different every time, and requires you to walk over to each station slowly. Not fun, Cryptic. The inside of the station and the space battle are great.

I keep a pen/paper handy to mark down the positions. Much faster and get it right the first time.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    Did Of Bajor with my TOS toon today ... all i'm going to say about that mission is Dukat was right.
    that the Cardassians should be servants of the Founders?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Actually, I like the Kobali Ground Battlezone. Try coming out of the Upper Hillside Base and proceed to the 'gate'. Your Character fights at like three or four different ranks depending on where you are in the run-up. They really blew it when they re-scaled it. Re-run the "Our Last Best Hope' Mission as a 60 since the re-scale. XP went from about ~750 to ONE. They also scale you to a 51 when talking to General Q'Nel.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    the worst spot is the exterior sensors puzzle, since it is different every time, and requires you to walk over to each station slowly. Not fun, Cryptic. The inside of the station and the space battle are great.

I keep a pen/paper handy to mark down the positions. Much faster and get it right the first time.

don't even need that; just use your chat window​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.