test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agents of Yesterday Now Live!

Comments

• Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I must say that artistically the new content is very good (ships, maps etc).

unfortunately, a lot of new bugs were added, + the awful animations (ground). And there are only 6 TOS missions, and after that again the same old missions (+ 3 new). Even for the very good reward (reputation reward), I can't do again and again the same missions, it is beyond my patience and my courage. So, i'm going to delete my TOS toon.

• Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Damit you ruined Agents of Yesterday with all the blur and filmgrain. I was really looking forward to this but its looks terrible. https://s31.postimg.org/v4rfy9fm3/filmgrain.jpg could that look any worse! That's me out, worst expansion ever, unless I can find a way to turn all this rubbish.

really your going to let a lil film grain bother you, oh well to each there own I hardly noticed it and does not bother me in the least.​​
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    wuchisan wrote: »
    Why is it that people complain first? This a great expansion. I like that the story continues beyond the first storyline throughout once you reach higher ranks, and the 50 year celebration with the look and feel of The Original Series. I appriciate the time, forethought and artistic liciense that went into this creation. I also thought is was so funny, don't want to spoil it, when a throwback aspect of the orignial series showed up in the first mission. Had me laughing out loud. Some people will not get what is going on with this expansion, and the old timers like me who grew up watching TOS will get it and laugh, and enjoy the merger of the old with the new, including the Kelven material. I'm a fan, and want to see this continue for years to come. Bravo, STOL. BRAVO!!!

+1 I agree​​
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Ok, i'm probably the only one excited about this, but while they didn't let him play Kirk, Vic Minognia is your captain in the tutorial, and stays important throughout the 23rd century missions. thats awesome.
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Damit you ruined Agents of Yesterday with all the blur and filmgrain. I was really looking forward to this but its looks terrible. https://s31.postimg.org/v4rfy9fm3/filmgrain.jpg could that look any worse! That's me out, worst expansion ever, unless I can find a way to turn all this rubbish.

We complained about this constantly down in the Tribble Forum, But were told NO it is not going to be optional. Well not flat out but yea there it is. People like me who this caused Eye strain and Migraines in had to deal with it. Good news is you only have to deal with it during the TOS exclusive content. All 6 missions that get you to level 10 then your back in the normal universe to grind again.

As for all the other bugs Version mismatch, teaching the doctors to shoot getting stuck in terrain, etc. It was all reported, good to know those bug reports helped stop this..........oh wait.......
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I got on. No issues on my end. Played til I got in the Space Dock finally. I'm really loving these missions. The VO is good, I noticed a lot of changes on the graphics. Like how the lips move, etc. Don't mind the film grain either.

Great job on making a fun starting out story. I'm really loving my AOY at this time.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    Forgive me though. But when are steam users gonna be able to purchase these AOY packs?

I'm another user requesting AoY Temporal Packs be added to Steam store. You'd have had my money already.
  • Options
    daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Question: will we be able to return to the 23rd century after we've finished the initial arc? I'm not just talking mission replays because they won't include details like TOS sector space and ESD, which I really love. As silly as it may sound, I'm seriously reluctant to move on and lose these things.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Ive been having the biggest Nerdgasm ever, im loving the ToS era just wish we couldve stayed there , but hey it is what it is and im enjoying it :)
  • Options
    darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Question: will we be able to return to the 23rd century after we've finished the initial arc? I'm not just talking mission replays because they won't include details like TOS sector space and ESD, which I really love. As silly as it may sound, I'm seriously reluctant to move on and lose these things.

I certainly haven't been able to find a way of going back, as yet. Seems a shame to craft all the wonderful ToS stuff, and then throw it all away once a character hits level 10. I realise it's the story-line they're going for, but it just seems a bit of a missed opportunity to me.

Strangely enough, I have found the ToS setting to be more enjoyable for this game than the 25th century, and I want more of it damn you!
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    I really wish they would make more TOS content missions for the "TOS faction"
  • Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    When I saw the film grain, I thought my brand new video card was screwed somehow. Took me fifteen minutes to confirm nothing was wrong, aside from some idiot thinking hard-set film grain was a good idea. Would a "no grain" option have broken the game? Would it have someone made some programmer lose his job or another feel underappreciated?

Or was it just yet another garbage idea that everyone in the office swore up and down people would love?
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited July 2016

really your going to let a lil film grain bother you, oh well to each there own I hardly noticed it and does not bother me in the least.​​
    It hurts my eyes and as you can see in my screenshot it blurs everything. You cannot even make out the face of the person sitting at the stations. In other people its triggered Migraines which isn't something you can just ignore and keep playing though.
  • Options
    daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    It is a very good-job expansion, instead of smooth ultra sharp AOY brought back the original visual experience of TOS
    not everyone can appreciate retro :)
    I love the overall visual works a lot
    however I do not like the lack of morality and social commentary in pre-jj trek
    but then it is the same with all the other pewpew stuffs
    I would have even appreciated the wrong sort of commentaries

Mzd8i1c.gif
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    personally i like TNG more than the original series, but i have to admit i really enjoy the new expansion.
    I'm not very fond of the film grains, but i can't say that i'm annoyed either. And yes i know there are still some big bugs out there, but the overall experiance was a possitive one.
    from me is +1 for AOY expansion!

ps: they could add an option for setting the film grains off and they could add the option to go back in TOS universe after you finish the arc missions, but again cryptic has some wierd PR...
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    Okay... who else played that episode with the neural parasites on Station K-13 and thought there was a passing reference to Babylon 5 as the station was sucked into a spatial anomaly and became unstuck in time... just like Babylon 4?

Not that I'm complaining. :)
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User

Well there's always "Past Imperfect" and "Night of the Comet" (though having only just finished the Babylon 4ish episode, I haven't got to the end of the faction missions yet... so don't know where you emerge in the standard STO timeline).
  • Options
    abominus88abominus88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Nice addon so far.
  • Options
    galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User

You guys really need to chill. It's really not that bad. However, I am noticing significant stutters and frames in the AoY missions that I'm not getting in the rest of the game. No idea if the grain is contributing, or something else, but they need to identify it.
  • Options
    galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Yep - and Tribble testers were BEGGING for a 'disable film grain' option, but no - we didn't get one. Cryptic, the only MMO studio that INTENTIONALLY spends Dev time and resources to make a portion of their MMO look WORSE.

I just want to know if the graininess is contributing to my poor GFX performance in the AoY missions. If so they need to disable or give us an on/off option for it. If it's not a culprit, then I live with it, given the overall great quality of this expansion.
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I have had zero issues with the new content, loads up fast, runs smooth, no glitches. I was a little disappointed that I did not get the TOS ship interiors for my Connie, but that was sort of expected since others paid money for that bridge. The film grain is kind of a fun touch, but at the same time i can see the frustration with not being able to switch it off.

I am really liking the 23rd century environment, kinda wish i did not have to leave it so quickly now.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • Options
    joel1974joel1974 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Had loads of fun with the new content. the film grain didn't bother me. Might do those episodes a few more times, as they were fun. Had a few nerdgasms as I played. Shall be fun being a temporal agent also.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Aside from 2 crashes over the course of several hours, I had no issues with the release either.

As for the film grain, I hardly notice it, but I find it a nice touch for the TOS themed episodes
    And certainly a lot better than not seeing anything from say... lens flare? B)
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I like the film grain. Really takes me back to the reruns of TOS. That being said after I hit level 10 and went to modern ESD I was upset the ride was over. Now it's the standard grindy windy to level the toon. Still I'm keeping it TOS as much as I can in the rest of the leveling process.

PS. They need to release the other outfits/ships for orions, gorn, and the gorn TOS looks in the z store/racial options in character creation.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    highlord83 wrote: »
    When I saw the film grain, I thought my brand new video card was screwed somehow. Took me fifteen minutes to confirm nothing was wrong, aside from some idiot thinking hard-set film grain was a good idea. Would a "no grain" option have broken the game? Would it have someone made some programmer lose his job or another feel underappreciated?

Or was it just yet another garbage idea that everyone in the office swore up and down people would love?

It's *only* for the 23rd Century portion of the expansion. Once you get to the 25th Century the film grain goes away...
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    wish you could STAY in 23rd century though. Really loving ESD and sector map, etc.
  • Options
    daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Member Posts: 65 Arc User

I certainly haven't been able to find a way of going back, as yet. Seems a shame to craft all the wonderful ToS stuff, and then throw it all away once a character hits level 10. I realise it's the story-line they're going for, but it just seems a bit of a missed opportunity to me.

Strangely enough, I have found the ToS setting to be more enjoyable for this game than the 25th century, and I want more of it damn you!

I'm still hoping for more. They've added and taken away from story arcs before. My first time through, I thought the "Cardassian Struggle" would never, ever end.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    wish you could STAY in 23rd century though. Really loving ESD and sector map, etc.

I know, or at least have the regular modern sector map as TOS style for TOS characters. That'd be really cool. At least the UI stays somewhat TOS'y. I actually wish they did 1-50 as TOS and then transitioned you over.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.