test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agents of Yesterday Now Live!

Comments

• Options
    captaingibboneuscaptaingibboneus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My Sticky Web console hasn't been working since the Agents for yesterday went live. It’s comes up as usual in my equipment slots and it goes blue as before but when I try to activate it by clicking on it nothing happens. I tried to report it, I got a ticket about it, but every time I checked the ticket box the ticket wasn’t there. I tried this 4 times before I decided to post here… can anyone help it’s Favourite Console!!
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Why are there a bunch of children in a circle pumping their fists in my TOS bridges rec room chanting?

Hail, hail, fire and snow
    Call the angel we will go
    Far away, for to see
    Friendly Angel, come to me
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    finally, I did the 6 missions. All the artistic part is really nice (ships, space dock etc), the missions are not bad, even if there are too many fights for my personal taste. I don't like the TOS stuff, but I understand the frustation of the fans. 6 missions, it is too short.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I was thinking of using mine as a "Bank" after they got started on the same old story arcs. However I came up with an idea, so I'm going on to level them to Lv50 for now. So this way if a T6 Connie/Connie Refit comes out. I will be ready for it. IF not, then I have an Excelsior or Geneva planned for them.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Question for those who did the 6 missions:

Any way to access account bank while doing those six missions in the TOS era? If possible I'd like to withdraw some EC to raid the 23c ESD vendors and stock up :smiley: On 23c BOff manuals for example.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »

Any way to access account bank while doing those six missions in the TOS era? If possible I'd like to withdraw some EC to raid the 23c ESD vendors and stock up :smiley: On 23c BOff manuals for example.

You can access the account bank whilst in your shuttle/starship interior.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User

Yes, but be aware that the 23c BOffs and Training Manuals are Bind on Pickup, and the BOffs cannot be converted to Ens Training Manuals (so none of the 23c abilities that you actually want). Train up your BOffs as much as possible before leaving 23c ESD, because at the moment there is no means of acquiring these abilities later on and no means of transferring them. I found this after clearing AoY with my first character, making a second to try and send Manuals to myself, and finally giving up because my AoY character can never train his crew in 23c BOff abilities.

I'm pretty "meh" on AoY now that I've cleared the Episodes and found I need to re-roll. :disappointed:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    dmt wrote: »

About that...

I'm just after the second mission and the option to visit the shuttle/starship bridge appear to be grayed out :/
    -
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2016

About that...

I'm just after the second mission and the option to visit the shuttle/starship bridge appear to be grayed out :/

You need to have reached 23c ESD and have completed the mini-mission where you acquire a shuttle; that's what flags your ship as being yours, for whatever reason.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    ktonof1aqktonof1aq Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Heh...
    You can almost tell which folks didn't watch TV before the advent of cable in the late 70's.
    If these six missions give you a headache, then you would never have been able to watch TV as much as I did as a kid.

I am truly lovin' AoY Cryptic, thank You very much for bringing a bit of my favorite childhood TOS memories into the game.
    I think I can honestly express that Snoggy and I are deeply grateful, for this addition to the game. B)

The voice overs of the TOS crew are instantly recognizable and brought a smile to my face.
    It's a shame that time, money and Fate didn't allow for more of that kind of interaction.

I'm purposely dragging my feet with the advancement of my TOS Toon as I don't want to leave the 23rd century.
    (though, as of today 7/9/16, I will have finally started the last 23c mission and will have to leave that wonderful Era behind)

I hope that with future additions to the game, some small time could be spent also expanding upon the 23rd century further.

(look no Minion smiley pic, that's me trying not to be annoying)
    B)

Well said. This has been great fun. Thanks Cryptic! Keep up the good work.

LLAP!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    ... and the Account Bank is in the Conference Room on the Pioneer Interior.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016

About that...

You need to have reached 23c ESD and have completed the mini-mission where you acquire a shuttle; that's what flags your ship as being yours, for whatever reason.

Thanks :smile: Once I had those "mini-introductions" sorted out on TOS-ESD I was able to access my ship/shuttle interiors.
    Now, off to shopping! >.<
    -
  • Options
    talasivaritalasivari Member Posts: 59 Arc User

I'm purposely dragging my feet with the advancement of my TOS Toon as I don't want to leave the 23rd century.
    (though, as of today 7/9/16, I will have finally started the last 23c mission and will have to leave that wonderful Era behind)

Guilty as charged. I don't want to leave the 23rd c.

Urtlolev of the Andorian Imperial Fleet
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    wuchisan wrote: »
    Why is it that people complain first? This a great expansion. I like that the story continues beyond the first storyline throughout once you reach higher ranks, and the 50 year celebration with the look and feel of The Original Series. I appriciate the time, forethought and artistic liciense that went into this creation. I also thought is was so funny, don't want to spoil it, when a throwback aspect of the orignial series showed up in the first mission. Had me laughing out loud. Some people will not get what is going on with this expansion, and the old timers like me who grew up watching TOS will get it and laugh, and enjoy the merger of the old with the new, including the Kelven material. I'm a fan, and want to see this continue for years to come. Bravo, STOL. BRAVO!!!
    I'd love to agree with you, but the thing is there's too little TOS in AoY.
    After level 10 the player is basically replaying a Delta Recruit Event again. But that's not the worst part of it. (which was a real bummer to me)
    The real problem is that after level 10, the player is basically encouraged to blend into the 25th century and becomes essentially a normal FED (or future timetraveller, depending on who you view at it). If the devs wanted to encourage players use the TOS theme after level 10, they should have given AoY characters a distinct social hub, similar like the Romulan Central Command and come up with a story that does not explicit require them NOT to use 23rd century stuff.

A permanent 23rd century styled base similar like ESD for FED would at least make AoY characters feel connected to 23rd century theme and they could buy 23rd century BOFF Powers and equipment up to level 60. THAT's why ppl. want to play a TOS themed character, not just for a different tutorial.
    The funny thing about that is, everything is already there. The devs wouldn't had to create a new Station (exterior/interior) for that, they already made it for the tutorial!

I still don't understand why AoY characters are supposed to fly 26th/31th century ships, which some are disguised as being from 23rd century or wear 23rd. Century uniforms. It doesn't make any sense if they are supposed to keep a low profile in the 25th century.

With just a few twists AoY could have been really great, but for me it is just another of many missed opportunities made by cryptic.
    After all the ado about the 23rd century prior to release of AoY, we only get a few missions (a new tutorial basically) and some ships which they couldn't even come up with a good explaination why we should use them?

Sure most players stopped caring about things like that anyways (including me), but this time i feel actually fooled by Cryptic.
    It's not like they ever felt like explaining why they introduced this or that ship, but just throwing some ships at us without coming up with a plausible explaination why, is simply too lazy.
    The funny thing is, initially i wanted to buy the "Temporal Special Agent Pack" (the expensive one) but since they couldn't even give AoY characters a own social hub/starbase or come up with a rudimental explaination why a AoY character should use anyting related to the 23rd century, i'm surely won't spend any money for it.
    I'm not buying anything Cryptic throws at me, no matter how shiny it may seem.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    talasivari wrote: »
    Yeah, so much cool stuff.... If we could come back I'd have left already, but.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,530 Arc User
    talasivari wrote: »

I did the TOS episodes over a couple of days to savor the experience, but have sort-of moved on. My boffs are all 23rd C and we're all still wearing TOS uniforms and carrying TOS phasers.

I'd definitely approve of adding more TOS era episodes to the time before the (( EVENT )) in a future update.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Finished all the AoY "prologue episodes" today :smile:

My first thought: brilliant! So many links back to TOS that I'm still reeling >.< And at the same time, these episodes also tie the Na'kuhl into the whole thing.

When the Na'kuhl were first introduced after the Iconian War and Vosk was so... easily swept aside, I felt like they were finished off too fast as an enemy. Well, in that short timeframe this is true. But their influence spans across the entire campaign, and the people now starting TOS Temporal Agent characters can/will feel it the most.

As someone who already played most of the campaign, I do not wonder about "how will it continue?" For the time being, my mind is on all about "how do these all connect and come full circle?" instead.

In my opinion, the dev team is weaving a very interesting story here :smile: If you haven't jumped into it, at least for the additions to the "vanilla" story, I advise you to give it a try.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I still owe Scotty a drink somewhen... XD
    A bottle of scotch maybe.
    Post edited by kelettes on
    -
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Heh...
    You can almost tell which folks didn't watch TV before the advent of cable in the late 70's.
    If these six missions give you a headache, then you would never have been able to watch TV as much as I did as a kid.

I am truly lovin' AoY Cryptic, thank You very much for bringing a bit of my favorite childhood TOS memories into the game.
    I think I can honestly express that Snoggy and I are deeply grateful, for this addition to the game. B)

The voice overs of the TOS crew are instantly recognizable and brought a smile to my face.
    It's a shame that time, money and Fate didn't allow for more of that kind of interaction.

I hope that with future additions to the game, some small time could be spent also expanding upon the 23rd century further.

(look no Minion smiley pic, that's me trying not to be annoying)
    B)

the movie grain made it feel like watching TV again with rabbit ear attanae , good times for sure
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I didn't mind the film grain, made it feel authentic like I was watching the original series on ANALOG. lol. Well done devs! Now give us a way to go back to 23c! (like that post thread for the nebula/portal outside ESD that takes people to the "captains table"....change that to a portal to 23c ESD! I mean there are duty off assignments and manuals and equipment available only in 23c......or are you sneakily already planning something............)
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    I didn't mind the film grain, made it feel authentic like I was watching the original series on ANALOG. lol. Well done devs! Now give us a way to go back to 23c! (like that post thread for the nebula/portal outside ESD that takes people to the "captains table"....change that to a portal to 23c ESD! I mean there are duty off assignments and manuals and equipment available only in 23c......or are you sneakily already planning something............)

I'm wondering if after the temporal agent recruitment phase, all subsequent starfleet TOS era captains will be vanilla TOS... with more content available to the faction who are henceforth treated as normal captains confined to the sandbox of that era, with perhaps temporal agents being allowed to access the mission and the temporal 23rdc sandbox, by travelling through a portal. I'd love that!
  • Options
    captainmikeccaptainmikec Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Ok the good, the bad and the ugly...
    The good:
    I liked the TOS theme, weapons, sounds etc. I found myself geeking out while in a firefight during shadows of cestus. Iconic map, TOS pew pew weapons what is not to love?

The bad:
    -I found Chris Doohans VO for Scotty a mixed bag. The voice was pretty good when he spoke slower, but a lot of the content to me sounded rushed, his tempo/cadence wasn't that of Scotty. It also sounded forced in places, like he was trying too hard to put Scotty flare into it.
    -First experience with the patch was making a bugged character that I had to delete and remake... not the best of starts.

The ugly:
    -The sound clips I heard from the TOS episodes on Earth spacedock were horrible. They sounded like they were recorded in a tin can.
    -I also caught the recycled Spock speech from the old sector audio, given that Nimoy is gone I thought oh cool must be something he did for them before his death... then I realized it was a cheap recycle and that kinda irritated me.

Bugs aside I like the TOS addition to STO... I hope they do more with it now that they have made the assets.
    Overall not a bad patch.

Another thought... the queued mission list is getting insanely long... It needs to be trimmed or something cause each new queue just waters the player pool down more.
    "Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
    -General Chang
  • Options
    -I also caught the recycled Spock speech from the old sector audio, given that Nimoy is gone I thought oh cool must be something he did for them before his death... then I realized it was a cheap recycle and that kinda irritated me.

I reacted in the exact opposite way to you there. I really didn't mind the recycle and recognised it for what it was as soon as Spock opened his mouth. I actually thought it was a rather affectionate touch... but then I'm a sentimental chap and found myself playing Past Imperfect on the day of Nimoy's death.

Although, having gained access to the Kelvin timeline... it was a bit mean of us not to swing by the new Vulcan homeworld and pick up Spock to return him "home". Of course he would probably argue that it would be more logical for him to remain in the Kelvin timeline in order to help his people survive - the needs of the many and all that.
  • Options
    dataweaver42dataweaver42 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    My thoughts about additional 23rd-century content:

1. there's the mystery of K13. You want a “retro” starbase in the main game that your 23c Feds can visit and hang out in? Have K13 reappear in the early 25th century.
    2. We still don't know what causes a temporal incursion to change the timeline vs. what causes it to spawn an alternate universe. Establish a permanent temporal wormhole between the current Federation and the 23c Federation, with the caveat that the 23c Federation is now an alternate universe (like the Kelvin Timeline) that's only just beginning to diverge from established history with its Star Fleet's newfound awareness of the Temporal Cold War.

Unlock these through Episodes unique to 23c Fed characters, which can then be followed up by new content in the 23rd century.
  • Options
    talasivaritalasivari Member Posts: 59 Arc User

I did the TOS episodes over a couple of days to savor the experience, but have sort-of moved on. My boffs are all 23rd C and we're all still wearing TOS uniforms and carrying TOS phasers.

I'd definitely approve of adding more TOS era episodes to the time before the (( EVENT )) in a future update.

They could add that redacted adventure from the old Cardassian arc - the one where you meet one of Cyrano Jones' descendents and have to fight Klingons and move the tribbles off-planet.

Fits the AoY template pretty well.

Urtlolev of the Andorian Imperial Fleet
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Question:
    Since after the 23rd century mission we are supposed to be Temporal agents, shouldn't we get an option to choose between TOS and normal character animations and transporter FX?
    It seems a bit odd to me that we are flying 31th century ships, but still using 23rd cent. transporter tech.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    yreodred wrote: »
    Question:
    Since after the 23rd century mission we are supposed to be Temporal agents, shouldn't we get an option to choose between TOS and normal character animations and transporter FX?
    It seems a bit odd to me that we are flying 31th century ships, but still using 23rd cent. transporter tech.

Whatever the reason, I believe the same thing happens when you pick an allied-faction ship (i.e. Defiant/Sao Paulo) as a Romulan - you still have the green transporter glow from being a Romulan, even though it would make more sense to have your ally's transporter effect so long as you're using that ship.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    There's the mystery of K13. You want a “retro” starbase in the main game that your 23c Feds can visit and hang out in? Have K13 reappear in the early 25th century.

Yeah but if it follows too closely along the lines of what I think inspired that element of the story, it might have gone 1,000 years into the past. ;)

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    So is it a 0% CXP bonus this week or was the meter broken again?
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    szim wrote: »
    So is it a 0% CXP bonus this week or was the meter broken again?

Meter has been working as far as I can tell. It was at 86% of tier 1 when I was on earlier.

Just not may folks DOffing with their TOS characters I'd guess. We might hit T1, but that's obviously going to be it.

Edit

After just logging back into the game, I forgot that the events started on Wednesday and not Thursday. So it does indeed look like we did not even hit T1.

And I'm oddly happy about that for some reason. :s
    Post edited by iamynaught on
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Apparently this week's meter got to tier 1 several times and started over again....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg