test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Agents of Yesterday Now Live!

1235»

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek, the crew of Star Trek Online could not be prouder to announce our third expansion - Agents of Yesterday - is now live!

Prepare your classic Original Series tunics and dust off your Mark II phasers; you’re about to take an away mission to an amazing adventure in that classic 60’s era.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"
    Senior Lizard

So I'm going to gush for a bit. I know, it's probably bad form on the forums here, but hey, it's just worth it this time for me.

1- I am a massive fan of the retro sci fi aesthetic that TOS has. I love the look and feel of the show in 2016 because of its vintage-ness.
    2- As such I've always loved the TOS parts of Star Trek Online. And wanted more and more of it.
    3- Agents of Yesterday was that, is that, and so much more!
    4- I feel like you all made this expansion just for me! It really does hit those buttons, in such a fun and engaging way.

I bought the pack. I never buy packs. I didn't buy the Romulan pack even though they're my favorite Star Trek "villain" from the shows. I didn't buy the Delta pack even though I wanted T6 ships. It was just always a bit tooooooo high for me. But the AoY pack, still expensive, was exactly what I wanted in terms of ships! So I saved up. And got it.

I'm loving the missions. The art, the feel, the vibe, the voice over work has just given me the Trek experience I've always wanted.

The Daedalus model! It's been a ship I've clamored for and wanted for 6 years in this game. The Olympic and its variants I loved. But I've always wanted to go back, back, back to the classic golfball.

The film grain effect, I appreciate!

The sound effects make the atmosphere so much more immersive.

The art from top to bottom that the team has done for this expansion just brilliant for me. Everything from the Gorn models to the ship models to the sector map to the backdrop on the character select screen to the ton of new badges (Exeter and Defiant and Starfleet Command badges right from the show!) ... all the work is soooooo appreciated.

So here's my feedback: It's been 6 crazy years. There's been ups. There's been downs. But Agents of Yesterday is everything I've wanted out of Star Trek Online for my own personal tastes, and I thank the entire team for putting this together.

Admiral Komack has been my forum avatar for most of my time here. And now my own little tribute to the awesomeness of AoY is my character is named Komack and rocks the gray hair and all!

All I really want from this is ... heh ... MORE! More 23rd century stuff, if you can find the time and resources. But again, thanks for doing what you did do. I'm loving it!

You and me both. :D ~gives you a cookie~

Love the TOS style, to me, in addition to the early TNG stuff, TOS always felt the most advanced, in my opinion.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    So when does the AoY end? Wasn't it on the 23 of August?