test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kelvin Lock Box

Comments

• Options
    shaneseifertshaneseifert Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I saw the announcement today, I was so excited! Ship look beautiful! The bridge looks beautiful! I couldnt wait to buy it. Then I saw lockbox.......
    :o 50th Anniversary of Star Trek, and this is how they treat the player base? Its pretty sick actually. If you were in the boardroom or whatever passes for one these days, and some guy floated the idea, "Hey, the only endgame version of the ship that started it all, lets put it in one of our gambling boxes..". That tool is right up there with the guy that read the ice warning on Titanic, and then ordered, "Light the last boiler, flank speed" or whatever drivel was actually said. I mean what a straight up D*%^ move. I just cannot get behind that kind of logic.
  • Options
    shaneseifertshaneseifert Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Oh and on top of it, they send this out right before the 4th of July.......lock box, what a bunch of D&^$
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Lockbox ships are like 100-200m ec its not expensive guys get a grip.
    captsol wrote: »

Ah, but these will be. Believe me.

Capstol is right these perticular ships are gonna be in the upper stratosphere of the price range, may not even hit the exchange but be done via trade channel.

Thats why im so livid about this, becuase this whol AoY experiance is nothing more then a blatent cash grab, and for m it puts such a bad taste in my mouth for ANYTHING trek related.

sad because i grew up on trek :(
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User

Ah, but these will be. Believe me.

Capstol is right these perticular ships are gonna be in the upper stratosphere of the price range, may not even hit the exchange but be done via trade channel.

Thats why im so livid about this, becuase this whol AoY experiance is nothing more then a blatent cash grab, and for m it puts such a bad taste in my mouth for ANYTHING trek related.

sad because i grew up on trek :(

Exchange is capped at, what, 750 Million? I'm betting a billion over Zone chat.
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User

Exchange is capped at, what, 750 Million? I'm betting a billion over Zone chat.
    I wouldn't bet against that to start. As with all LB ships, it'll come down though. The supply will eventually rise.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Will we be able to use the TOS Connie skin, Connie Refit skin, the Exeter skin, and/or the Ambassador skin on the T6 Connie?

No. ThomasTheCrypticCat confirmed that a few days ago.

Thanks! That's all I needed to know. I could care less about this lock box now.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    msb777 wrote: »
    this is why i don't get lobi ships with real money, $150-$200 to get 900 lobi, I'd rather grind dill to lobi with this bad exchange rate for a few months for the Kelvin Timeline Intel Dreadnought. i might put in $10 every ones in a wile but not hundreds for one ship.
    Indeed. The fact of a single ingame item - and not even with account-wide availability - costing as much as or more than some games' collector's editions is a big flashing 'Bad Deal' sign to the vast majority of players. Moving on...

The art team did a good job, I think, with the designs of most of these items. Now, I've said this before, but I think it merits repetition: with visual slots now existing, not offering things like the Vengeance's hull pattern/coloration as something that can be applied to any ship via such means is a missed opportunity.

As for the Kelvin!Starfleet rifles: I approve of the look; am curious as to why they don't come in the other variants as well (HDR, burst, PWA). Shame there isn't an image of their Kelvin!KDF counterparts for reference's sake.

And the new science module... congratulations, you chaps are doing a good job of appealing to that portion of the Overwatch playerbase who like Mei by making her kit very easy to replicate. This is not a bad thing.
  • Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    I have spent about 150 dollars the last few days on getting keys before the s15% zen and sales end.
    I have 250 keys in my bank right now that I will transfer to my AoY char.

With that said, will probably spend 50 keys on lockboxes, if I don't get lucky, then I will sell the rest 200 keys for EC and buy it off exchange.

Beside that it is a lot of money, (its like buying Doom three times) I wonder if that will giv me what I am after.
    I never cared much about Lockbox ships, and never really got one, this will be my first time I spend lots and lots of money to get a ship. If 150 dollars won't bite, then I will probably never open a lockbox again.
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
  • Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I waded through the posts to here and got my only question about the jj-connie answered and that was 'can I get it to look better by making it look like TMP version' - nope.

So only question left, those new tattoos on the romulan faces in the blog, are we getting those too or just a coat, shirt and trousers?

Oops, nearly forgot, the helmet looking thing in the klingon pictures, that is included too right? (in case someone is interested).
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Saving resources (for the "right" moment) ftw ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    The bottom line has always been, opening lock boxes because you want the LB ship is foolish. There are plenty of benefits to opening LBs, but expecting to get the UR Ship prize from any of them is nuts. Take the Lobi, take the Doffs, take the R&D boxes and nifty toys, and consider that worth your $1.13. If you happen to hit the jackpot, sweet! If not, well eventually you'll have enough Lobi to get an OP ship anyway.
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    150 keys is only a 47% chance of winning one or more ships, you're better off selling them all for ec and buying the ship + having ec left over.

Won't have enough at the prices they're going to go for.
  • Options
    diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    mhall85 wrote: »
    The addition of Khan's assault cannon is also nice.

Oh, is THAT what the Lobi weapon is?

I think that's what it is. I could be wrong. In fact I fully anticipate 5 forum posters meticulously going frame-by-frame in Into Darkness and comparing it to the Boolean Heavy Assault cannon in STO to see whether it is or not.​​
    mhall85 wrote: »
    The addition of Khan's assault cannon is also nice.

Oh, is THAT what the Lobi weapon is?

I think that's what it is. I could be wrong. In fact I fully anticipate 5 forum posters meticulously going frame-by-frame in Into Darkness and comparing it to the Boolean Heavy Assault cannon in STO to see whether it is or not.​​

its the same one
  • Options
    i8myhelli8myhell Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Well I still consider PWE/Cryptic Lock Boxes a form of unregulated gambling that is probably rigged given my experience, but the improvement with the Infinity Lock Box options & the possible winnings in this Kelvin Lock Box are nice indeed & long overdue. Those are impressive looking ships for the Kelvin & I like the added cross-faction synergy approach. More inclusiveness compared to the last couple of years of exclusiveness. Now to fix that damn Arc to where I don't have to resubmit a pin code every couple of weeks since I don't post a lot LOL. Very well done with Infinity Lock Boxes, Cryptic, & Kelvin looks promising.
  • Options
    straden0straden0 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    This question has probably been asked but I hadn't seen any responses to it but:

Are the Kelvin Klingon visuals limited to AoY chars? If not, do Fed Klingons have access to them? I'd love my main to have those aesthetics.
  • Options
    dognip5dognip5 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Long time lurker. Not gonna lie I love all Star Trek, and was really excited for the news about the Kelvin Lock box. But now I'm extremely sad that my main Romulan (Federation aligned) can not get the Vegeance Dreadnaught. Guess I'll have to pour my resources into a new TOS character and make that my main.
  • Options
    straden0 wrote: »
    This question has probably been asked but I hadn't seen any responses to it but:

Are the Kelvin Klingon visuals limited to AoY chars? If not, do Fed Klingons have access to them? I'd love my main to have those aesthetics.

They're only unlockable on a Klingon Empire character.
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy or @borticuscryptic, any word on when the Lock Box ship stat blog is coming out?
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Might as well just start calling it my new t6 connie, because Ill do everything in my power to obtain that sexy thang.
  • Options
    puckerbrushpuckerbrush Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    This might be the second best lockbox Cryptic's done. The best being the Cardassian of course.
    Great job Cryptic!!!
    M6SiKbG.gif
    Please spay and neuter your Caitians
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    As for the Kelvin!Starfleet rifles: I approve of the look; am curious as to why they don't come in the other variants as well (HDR, burst, PWA). Shame there isn't an image of their Kelvin!KDF counterparts for reference's sake.

They look like they're rifles from the last film: Phaser Rifle.

I wonder if we'll eventually get the newer rifles; the Type-1B phaser pistol; and the other unknown type phaser pistol: Phaser rifles. Type-1B pistol. Unknown phaser pistol type image 1 & image 2.

U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Players ask for a T6 connie for years. Finally get one, and what do they say?

"It's in a f*****g lockbox!?!? How dare Cryptic try and make money!?!? It's not like they're running a business or anything!!! They should give out all starships for free!!!111!!one!!!"

Seriously, what's you peoples problem, eh? Wait a bit, after everyone's gone and spent tons of cash getting a kelvin connie, wait for the price to come way way down and for the market to become flooded, and then spend 30 bucks and sell some keys on the exchange. Or sell some now, while they're going to be super expensive, WAIT (if that's a concept you can wrap your thick heads around) and make a killing on them now that they're prices have jumped through the roof...

And THEN get a connie.

Me, I don't see what the big fuss is about. Connie was never a good looking ship anyways...

That vengeance though. I'mma have me one of those. I wonder if it comes with a cloak, like the other intel ships...
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • Options
    insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Sudden spontaneous questions:

1. Will the Konnie have the same warpout trails as in the movie? (except when they turn green, like every other fed ship. Can you guys please fix that?)

2. PLEASE tell me the vengeance warp sound is the same as in the movie. The vengeance had that insane low pitched buzzing sound as it approached the enterprise from behind in the movie. This thing had better have that! Seriously, it SOUNDED evil.
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • Options
    amosov78 wrote: »

I wonder if we'll eventually get the newer rifles; the Type-1B phaser pistol; and the other unknown type phaser pistol: Phaser rifles. Type-1B pistol. Unknown phaser pistol type image 1 & image 2.
    Hrm. I dunno. While I like the visual enough, the very notion of having to physically reconfigure a phaser to switch from wide beam to focused is just silly to me.

vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    amosov78 wrote: »

Hrm. I dunno. While I like the visual enough, the very notion of having to physically reconfigure a phaser to switch from wide beam to focused is just silly to me.

If we get a Kelvin Lockbox II you can be sure things from Beyond will be shoved in there, at least.