test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kelvin Lock Box

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    So we're getting a T6 JJ-prise but still no T6 original Constitution? Does Cryptic not want my money?

Yes, I know CBS is the one saying no on the t6 connie. Still gonna complain about it!

It's the same thing... they are equally ugly.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Welp...there's your T6 Connie, but hook or by crook. :p
    ak255 wrote: »
    Well, they did it. The developers have finally managed to find some BS way to include the JJ Trek Universe into this game. I knew it was only a matter of time before they did. And they're lockbox ships.

0mKXcg1.gif?noredirect
    :D
    teknesia wrote: »
    Are the Klingon physical features part of the Lockbox uniform or do they come elsewhere? I get that the uniforms are, but I'm more concerned about the physical appearances or perhaps in the future getting those appearances.
    I have to admit I'm more interested in getting the ridge rings than the clothes.
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Not surprised these ships wound up in the lockbox. Would have been nice if they'd been CStore ships but they aren't.

No biggie.

Well, the original rule was that things that the faction normally would've developed, like a new class of warbird, a Starfleet vessel, or a Klingon warship would go in the C-store, and things from other alien's factions, one offs, and stuff from alternate timelines (Mirror Universe for instance) would go into the Lobi store.

Still, 50th anniversary and they stick the only Holy Grail T6 Connie in the Lobi store...that's coooold blooded. B)
    1) Does the D4 have battlecloak?

You'll have to wait for the Ship Stats Blog to find out! ;)
    2) The blog shows an alternate Battleth, but does not mention it in the blog. Is it available or is that just for show?

Just for show. It's actually rewarded elsewhere, and not included in the Lock Box / Lobi offerings.

BTW you might want to consider making the Vengeance Cross-faction. The Vengeance wasn't a legit Federation ship, it was a rogue Section 31 ship that ended up being an enemy ship and there are a lot of Federation role players who would love to go up against the Vengeance in PvP. I think making it Federation only might damage this.

Absolutely no way. Section 31 is ultra Federation loyalist, to the point of xenophobic nationalist loyalty. Admiral Marcus would spin in his grave if any other species ever got hold of the Vengeance

Although that in itself may be sufficient reason to do it.

Anyone know how to get this goddamn smiley drop down list to go away....and die a horrible death?

disappointed not by the ships, i don't need ships; but by the clothes. at a price of 500 zen each costume (bound to character), I would buy 4500 zen (5 roms, 4 kdf). but like they are in the box, i'm going to spend 0 €. And i'm not even going to try to buy them in the exchange at stupid prices.

But, congrats to the artists, they have done a nice job :)

As always the art team is on some next level stuff, beautiful reproductions.
    leemwatson wrote: »
    I'm loling loads at the KT Connie being comparable to our current tech considering it's been ripped to shreds 3 times already! Still yet to 'see' the really awful shields that they have! I get they've had a bit of a fast track, but the Narada was a mining vessel for God's sake. There's no way they are comparable. And on the Kevlin itself....it couldn't even be T5U as it predated the actual event it got destroyed. It's about the same as the NX-01 tbh.

Yeah it seems like BS to me actually. I rationalized that all the technological advances in the Narada affected timeline were simply Starfleet and the Klingons of the day copying the scans of the Narada's Tal Shiar and Borg technology and trying to duplicate it with the inferior technology, which is why the Enterprise has Transwarp (Transwarp that behaves more like Quantum Slipstream half the time but whatever). The tech should be roughly equivalent to technology that is about 23 years out of date from our perspective.
    iconians wrote: »
    I also would like to salute Cryptic on making the perfect storm of player outrage.

A T6 connie, BUT it's the one from the Kelvin Timeline, AND it's Lockbox only.

This is truly the magnum opus of trolling the playerbase. You need to give yourselves a massive pat on the back.

8BDPmzP.gif​​

You're right, it is beyond epic, it's mythic trolling. I doubt other fanbases will ever truly appreciate how next level this is.
    I also would like to salute Cryptic on making the perfect storm of player outrage.

A T6 connie, BUT it's the one from the Kelvin Timeline, AND it's Lockbox only.

This is truly the magnum opus of trolling the playerbase. You need to give yourselves a massive pat on the back.

8BDPmzP.gif​​

I was looking foreword to Agents of Yesterday. Not playing it now. I am straight up done with this game, you want my money, put the ship up for sale. If its too expensive, or not worth it, I wont buy it. But I am not GAMBLING to get it. I HATE the lock box system. And I don't give a DAMN about rarity when you have people flying around in Iconian ships etc.. This is ALMOST as bad as playing through 3 games of Mass Effect with developers crowing about how great choice is, then killing you no matter what you do in the last 5 minutes of the game. I am so finished with this game. Good luck everyone.

Yeah but the ending of Mass 3 wasn't trolling it was just mean spirited as TRIBBLE. Or perhaps an egregious misreading of what the playerbase wanted, expected, or was willing to accept.

mhall85 wrote: »
    The addition of Khan's assault cannon is also nice.

Oh, is THAT what the Lobi weapon is?

I think that's what it is. I could be wrong. In fact I fully anticipate 5 forum posters meticulously going frame-by-frame in Into Darkness and comparing it to the Boolean Heavy Assault cannon in STO to see whether it is or not.​​

I wanna know the inside joke behind calling it the "Boolean" HAC. That's an odd name for a brute force weapon, I'd say. What, you hit something alive and it boolean flips to dead?

From the Memory Alpha article your answer.
    The term Boolean gun, referencing the Boolean data type, comes from an interview with Pixomondo Visual Effects Supervisor Ben Grossmann. "I think J.J. [Abrams] even said it was like a boolean gun, true/false. If it's on and it hits it, it's gone," Grossman explained. [1] It was J.J. Abrams who devised this type weapon. Recalling how he did so, Ben Grossman stated, "J.J. one day ran up on set and said he had this great idea for this new gun. Imagine if there was a gun – a really bad-TRIBBLE gun – [...] that's like a Gatling gun and when it goes off it's kind of like the sound of God clearing its throat – just like 'raaaaaaaaaahh'. The 'boolean gun' development and execution was spearheaded by Look Dev Supervisor Max Reiss." [2]

Of course he didn't come up with a single logical reason how something like that would operate or what kind of weapon it is, because JJ.

John Eaves however said it was a Klingon Disruptor kind of thing. I like them saying it's a man portable ship weapon.
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Ummm.... OMG love that Bat'leth....and are the uniforms and pierced ridges part of the lock box????

OK...will go read the rest of the posts, first, before freaking out.

I found it:
    Just for show. It's actually rewarded elsewhere, and not included in the Lock Box / Lobi offerings.

It looks so ornamental doesn't it?
    tymersto wrote: »
    I have to say, I'm extremely disappointed we're seeing these over-proportioned pieces of garbage into this game.
    This nothing but an obvious cross-promotion with a eh set of films.

And if nothing else this is a serious middle finger to everyone who wanted a upper end TOS or TMP styled Connie.
    I am thoroughly disgusted with this.

Thank you for the time...

Not just the films, remember it's 50th anniversary time.

Logically of course since this is the last JJ Trek film it makes sense that they're gonna go ahead and let these out now.
    hanover2 wrote: »
    It's been so long since I cared to check, so someone please refresh my memory. Is it possible to buy Lobi directly with Zen, or do I have to open a ton of lockboxes to get enough for that dreadnaught?

Lockboxes.
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Those shots of the JJ-prise look pretty good.

They did a really good job putting this together.
    staq16 wrote: »
    LOL no. Everything on that page looks absolutely horrendous. Especially what little KDF items are available. and virtually everything tied into the lockbox in some way? .

Eh, are you insane? That's a lockbox raider with full pilot seating, it's what Klingon players have been screaming for (and if they weren't, they do not deserve to be called Klingon players).

Take a look at my icon to guess my view of this stuff...

No. I am Klingon, and I want an Intel T6 Hegh'ta Bird of Prey. Pilot is fine, but it's a scout class vessel.

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Will we be able buy the JJ kelvin timeline Constitution bridge in the c store?
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    Will we be able buy the JJ kelvin timeline Constitution bridge in the c store?

No, it comes with the ship.
  • Options
    omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Very disappointed in PWE/Cryptic guess the gamblers are more important than the normal C-Store customer. They can have the gamblers help pay their bills I am going to keep my wallet closed. They can just keep paying me $5 in Zen a month to play. I will not help them out on anymore expansions.

They could have brought a new group of players in with this, oh well, their loss.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • Options
    Very disappointed in PWE/Cryptic guess the gamblers are more important than the normal C-Store customer. They can have the gamblers help pay their bills I am going to keep my wallet closed. They can just keep paying me $5 in Zen a month to play. I will not help them out on anymore expansions.

They could have brought a new group of players in with this, oh well, their loss.

I'm sure they care. Not.
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    I'm drooling over this pack! Even though I really only want the BoP and the Vengeance from it, it's looking like the best lock box yet!

The addition of having the consoles and starship traits from the other ships being made available to the other factions is a really nice change, and I wonder if it will be done on other ships retroactively.

The only question I have is about the new Lobi store consumes, specifically the ones for Roms and KDF. Will the new facial customization options like the extended forehead tattoos and the pierced ridges be available to alien characters of those factions too, or do only Romulans/Klingons get those options?
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    If you milk the cow too much in one sitting, the cow dries up. Just sayin'.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    sirsabre77 wrote: »
    Just my 2ec but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

You are not the only one looking at the appearances department, sirsabre.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    On another note, just saw the Fresh out of Spacedock for the Rommie Carrier and... it kinda made me think of something you'd get an TRIBBLE from.. Poor Rommies.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

+ if new players come to STO for the kelvin stuff, they will have a huge surprise, unless they are agree to spend 100€ in keys for 1 ship (in the exchange), or unless they are agree to play at the lottery; most of them will be very disappointed, and they will leave quickly this game.
  • Options
    shelkartshelkart Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »
    We finally get a T6 connie and it's in a lockbox?

Vengeance class? Lobi.

The first 'True' (2 hangar) Romulan carrier? Lockbox

This blog makes me sad. :'(

Likewise. I've wanted most of the items in this lockbox since launch (or since Into Darkness, as appropirate) and they finally come out when I'm months away from being able to pay for them. At least I should be able to stockpile them and hope...
  • Options
    gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Put them through the same we went through, and THEN we can talk about comparing their ships to ours.

Personally, if we were to classify those fossils with 2410's ship performance standards I wouldn't put any of those ships over T5.

T5, Youre being a tad (actually a TRIBBLE-ton) more generous than what they should be...T3, maybe pushing T4...but JJ Fanboi's wouldnt buy lockbox keys for T4 or lower...
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    I've been withholding all spending on STO until I better understand the lay of the land here. Launch of AoY is next week and I need to know more.

Formal blog's are sufficiently vague about the AoY privilege of permitting TOS starship [T1-T5] costumes to be applied to their respective equivalents at T6. Will the Kelvin Timeline Constitution also fall within this same privilege? If not, why not? What might be the official explanation for this discrepancy?

(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »
    Examination of the time-lost salvage taken from the Kelvin Timeline reveals that the Federation of that reality had a decidedly higher emphasis on military technologies, likely as a direct result of their overwhelming defeat at the hands of the alien vessel that invaded their space in the 23rd Century. The same has shown to be true of the Klingon and Romulan ships of that time. This emphasis on cutting-edge technology allows their starships and equipment to be comparable with our own in the early 25th Century, despite technically being hundreds of years old.

Nobody ever bugged them from a Mirror Universe. They never had to face a joint Breen/Cardassian/Dominion armada. They never faced the Undine. They never encountered the Borg (well aside from the Borg tech that was installed on the Narada after the Hobus nova -- which probably counts as ancient when compared to 2410-Borg tech). They never encountered the Voth. Never discovered a single dyson sphere. They never had to face an Undine invasion. They NEVER fought the Iconians. They never faced a group of Na'kuhl fanatics who blamed us for the actions of the Tholians and tried to erase us from time itself.

Each of these incidents (and I bet others could tell so much more) pushed Prime Universe R&D to greater and greater heights, for the sake of survival. They only faced an antiquated mining ship with antiquated Borg tech.

Put them through the same we went through, and THEN we can talk about comparing their ships to ours.

Personally, if we were to classify those fossils with 2410's ship performance standards I wouldn't put any of those ships over T5.

Agreed, but they had to come up with *some* kind of flimsy rationale, didn't they?

That rationale gets a bit more reasonable if you consider that old Spock may have indirectly contributed to the acceleration of the Kelvin timeline's technology. Once young Spock (and others) realized certain things were possible, they would have gone about trying to figure them out. Yeah, I know that doesn't make sense considering what they said in the movies that would contradict that. So it doesn't get much less flimsy.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    If you milk the cow too much in one sitting, the cow dries up. Just sayin'.

This Summer, The Cow Will Be Milked

• Options
    psiameese wrote: »
    I've been withholding all spending on STO until I better understand the lay of the land here. Launch of AoY is next week and I need to know more.

Formal blog's are sufficiently vague about the AoY privilege of permitting TOS starship [T1-T5] costumes to be applied to their respective equivalents at T6. Will the Kelvin Timeline Constitution also fall within this same privilege? If not, why not? What might be the official explanation for this discrepancy?

The simple answer? Because CBS said we would never see a TOS Constitution beyond Tier 1. That includes as a costume switch, I'd assume.
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    KDF/Rom-specific goodies of this expansion stuck into a lockbox, which is bad enough before you take game economics into consideration on top of that. What a load of TRIBBLE. Real classy, Cryptic.
  • Options
    deleroux wrote: »
    KDF/Rom-specific goodies of this expansion stuck into a lockbox, which is bad enough before you take game economics into consideration on top of that. What a load of ****. Real classy, Cryptic.

Agreed. The BoP is a real kick in the nads considering the only t6 BoP we ever got was intentionally sub par.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Are we getting the song "Sabotage" added to the STO Soundtrack? You know you want to. :p
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    captaind3 wrote: »
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Not surprised these ships wound up in the lockbox. Would have been nice if they'd been CStore ships but they aren't.

No biggie.

Well, the original rule was that things that the faction normally would've developed, like a new class of warbird, a Starfleet vessel, or a Klingon warship would go in the C-store, and things from other alien's factions, one offs, and stuff from alternate timelines (Mirror Universe for instance) would go into the Lobi store.

Still, 50th anniversary and they stick the only Holy Grail T6 Connie in the Lobi store...that's coooold blooded. B)

Technically speaking, these KT ships were not developed by their factions. They were developed in the Kelvin Timeline and therefore are alien to the "prime universe" timeline of STO. Hence why *I* am not surprised. (which is odd since I'm usually wrong about things like this)

Also, the only ship that is in the Lobi store is the Vengeance. The T6 KT Connie is in the lockbox, but I do get what you mean. :)
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User

Its been clear for a long time that the devs don't care about the players in the slightest even if you are a paying players or not
  • Options
    velqua wrote: »
    Are we getting the song "Sabotage" added to the STO Soundtrack? You know you want to. :p

Only when you use the Engineering Kit Module. ;)
  • Options
    devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »
    We finally get a T6 connie and it's in a lockbox?

Vengeance class? Lobi.

The first 'True' (2 hangar) Romulan carrier? Lockbox

This blog makes me sad. :'(

Not a true Rom carrier, single hanger only.
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    teknesia wrote: »
    deleroux wrote: »
    KDF/Rom-specific goodies of this expansion stuck into a lockbox, which is bad enough before you take game economics into consideration on top of that. What a load of ****. Real classy, Cryptic.

Agreed. The BoP is a real kick in the nads considering the only t6 BoP we ever got was intentionally sub par.

Yeah, let's not forget how long it took to even appear, post-T6, then there's the QUANTUM console instead of photon, and how the buggy tailor options, too.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    captsol wrote: »
    psiameese wrote: »

The simple answer? Because CBS said we would never see a TOS Constitution beyond Tier 1. That includes as a costume switch, I'd assume.

You may be absolutely correct. I look forward to Dev confirmation if this the current state of affairs. It will help my decisions regarding how to spend my real money on my gaming or not.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Your T6 Connie has arrived.

Itll cost you about a few hundred dollars of gambling minimum and up to a thousand.
    Itll cost 1 Billon EC on the exchange.

Im gonna laugh hard whenever i see one in game.
    Thanks for funding the game space whales.
    Enjoy your ships!
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User

Itll cost you about a few hundred dollars of gambling minimum and up to a thousand.

Enjoy your ships!

be honest with yourself, this will probably be one of their most popular boxes ever! It'll be hugely expensive then prohibitively once someone corners the market.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User

Enjoy your ships!

Ouch! Just make believe you're flying the USS JJ Abrams-prise. You're bank account will be glad you did!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User

Enjoy your ships!

Don't worry, we'll enjoy them.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.