What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RISA, Scan for Temporal Artifact...

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    You know that's the base map for the first iteration of the resort? You can tell because the hoverboard ramps and promenade are missing. Also the rocks in the NE are different. I think they were rearranged as part of adding the hoverboard course.

I actually copied the map on STOwiki. http://sto.gamepedia.com/File:Risa_Summer_Resort.png

Good effort though :) BTW, the map I posted has a point to the west of the crater that's not marked on yours.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Does anybody else see the island as a chicken with it's head cut off on that map?

<chuckle>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    You know that's the base map for the first iteration of the resort? You can tell because the hoverboard ramps and promenade are missing. Also the rocks in the NE are different. I think they were rearranged as part of adding the hoverboard course.

I actually copied the map on STOwiki. http://sto.gamepedia.com/File:Risa_Summer_Resort.png

Good effort though :) BTW, the map I posted has a point to the west of the crater that's not marked on yours.

Yeah it was the first unmarked map I came across and i didn't spot the difference. The basic idea is the same though, none of the larger elements are wrong.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Mark I got bumped before taking the screenshot so it is a bit towards the center from that position Im taking more as I find them tho.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

Yeah it was the first unmarked map I came across and i didn't spot the difference. The basic idea is the same though, none of the larger elements are wrong.
    Yeah, most of the terrain is the same.... most. The most significant change is actually the rocks in the NE area. But even that is not entirely different.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I found another trick just now.

If you scan twice and get wildly different vectors then aiming directly where the two vectors meet will lead directly to the artifact.
    So if you had vectors like this: >V, then aim where the right side of > and the left side of V meet.
    Coupled with a map it's easy enough to head straight for the artifact, i managed to find one with just two scans that way.

Edit: here's a really shockingly bad pic I drew -
    [img][/img]xaFa5bh.png
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    Hmmm yeah, that's one way to do it all right. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User

If you scan twice and get wildly different vectors then aiming directly where the two vectors meet will lead directly to the artifact.
    So if you had vectors like this: >V, then aim where the right side of > and the left side of V meet.
    Coupled with a map it's easy enough to head straight for the artifact, i managed to find one with just two scans that way.

[img][/img]xaFa5bh.png

Math? While on vacation?
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    sle1989 wrote: »

[img][/img]xaFa5bh.png

Math? While on vacation?

Yeah...sorry, I'm a scientist I can't help it! :p
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    A few of you guys mentioned something about new items for your ship. Where do you get those? I've been hard at it for the last few days on all 5 of my characters and I haven't seen or heard anything about new Items. Weapons, shields, consoles?? Man that would actually be a reward worth playing for. Almost as good as downing a boss and getting loot. Please ?? Someone tell me more. It almost sounds too good to be true.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    hyefather wrote: »
    A few of you guys mentioned something about new items for your ship. Where do you get those? I've been hard at it for the last few days on all 5 of my characters and I haven't seen or heard anything about new Items. Weapons, shields, consoles?? Man that would actually be a reward worth playing for. Almost as good as downing a boss and getting loot. Please ?? Someone tell me more. It almost sounds too good to be true.

Well, when doing the artifact hunt, there's 5 items of "Vorgon" titlage that come with a little blurb "a new item has been unlocked in the store" - but we're still at a loss as to what store these items can be found in...

Heck, we don't know what the actual items are - though the flavor text for the "Vorgon Ship Deck Plans" talks of a FNORD class ship and how the plans are so detailed that one could build the ship from them with enough manpower...

Otherwise, we're all at a loss here...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Does anybody else see the island as a chicken with it's head cut off on that map?

<chuckle>
    So then, vacationers are staying in the chicken's egg? :o

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options

It list many locations I've not been to. Time to test it by going directly to a known location after one scan to see if ANY location results in finding an artifact. :)

• Options

It list many locations I've not been to. Time to test it by going directly to a known location after one scan to see if ANY location results in finding an artifact. :)
    Tried that already. It seems that only one point is active during the quest.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options

Tried that already. It seems that only one point is active during the quest.
    Confirmed by my result, too.

Good to have it confirmed, though. :)

• Options
    Pfffft. I was about to collect an artifact in a new location when the game crashed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    approximate location?

Oh yeah one observation I've made is that the location has nothing to do with what you find. I've picked up a Buck Bokai card on two characters, but on different sides of the island, and the times I've found things in the same spot it's been different stuff. like the promontory just west of the resort... once it was an unidentifiable bit of metal, the other time it was a Buck Bokai card...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    I get the impression that getting all 20 could easily be as maddening as the old STF reward system for omega gear. I feel a lot of us will be stuck with one to get and endless repeats of previous ones!
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    approximate location?

Oh yeah one observation I've made is that the location has nothing to do with what you find. I've picked up a Buck Bokai card on two characters, but on different sides of the island, and the times I've found things in the same spot it's been different stuff. like the promontory just west of the resort... once it was an unidentifiable bit of metal, the other time it was a Buck Bokai card...
    Okay. thinking back on that moment, I may have been wrong. I now think it was the one up on the hill nearest the bridge to the caves.

Well, unless the Devs were overly clever and put a second one up on that same hill. I've been up there three times and I think it's been that same spot.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I'm only need 4 more artifacts on my main. Anybody else closer than that to getting the last one?

Edit - And I got a new one for the map.
    STO-InAGeologicalSense-011.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I've been to that spot at least five times already.
    And I've received a bunch of the same items all over the island.
    The baseball card is quite popular with the RNG.
    This is gonna be a PITA to complete!
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    When I find the oo-moks book, it's a keeper. I know I don't have ear lobes but there are plenty of lady's who do out there.

wHat? According to your sig you've got great big ears. And wings too boot. :p

• Options
    Any new locations found?
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    Well, I found one that was not on Lordsteve's map. Does that count? Try four post up if you missed it.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Never really noticed the cone. Was flying blind. USed the cone the last time I ran this and it's actually fairly easy. As mentioned once the cone starts jumping around between scans, you're close. I generally followed the middle of the cone arc.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Dance Party is 100 favors this year.

The Scavenger Hunt is annoying, I don't do it
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »
    Dance Party is 100 favors this year.

The Scavenger Hunt is annoying, I don't do it
    Dance Party for the WIN! :smiley:
    Scavenger Hunt for when you need a wall to bang your head against. :p

Dance, Hunt, Castle. Dance, Hunt, Castle. Dance, Hunt, Castle. There's about an hour of fun in there. The rest is homework. :)
  • Options
    Well, I found one that was not on Lordsteve's map. Does that count? Try four post up if you missed it.

Got it and added it to the map that was posted earlier.
    artifact1_zpsf6e9vdeo.jpg

fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hmm.. that map is missing some of what I had on my map.... soo updating my map...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing