test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RISA, Scan for Temporal Artifact...

daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
Anybody figure this out yet?

I've been scanning all over the place and haven't found a thing.
:|
STO Member since February 2009.
I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Comments

• Options
    zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    It just takes a while, I think the artifact can be anywhere on the island. Just keep following the red line on the ground and re-scan every once in a while. Eventually, it will indicate a dig site which glows like other interactable objects. It sort of reminds me of the seeker droid in swtor... can't say those are entirely pleasant memories though. :) And I never did find all the parts for that dumb speeder... but I digress. o:)
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    It can be anywhere on the map, so I advise everyone to stop searching every 5 meters and go explore the map while keeping the mission active and occasionally pressing "search for artefact". I manage to complete it on each of my main characters.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    OK... the Red Lines...

I didn't get their meaning till you pointed them out.

Thanks.
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    Wait, so is this temporal artifact hunt like the horga'hn hunt or is it the event we complete to get stuff for the ship? I must have skimmed that part at some point
  • Options
    It can be anywhere on the map, so I advise everyone to stop searching every 5 meters and go explore the map while keeping the mission active and occasionally pressing "search for artefact". I manage to complete it on each of my main characters.

But if you pay attention to the two red lines, they point you in the direction to go.
    They create a "V" that indicates which way to move.
    You only have to move a few paces each time.
    Seems like after about 6 or 7 (guesstimate) tries the Artifact pops up.
    B)
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    The only real change I'd like to see is having the red lines appear around your character rather than on the ground and the initial scan should either have red lines too or something to tell you to move, first time I did it my response was, 'Now what do I do?"
    rllaillieu wrote: »
    Wait, so is this temporal artifact hunt like the horga'hn hunt or is it the event we complete to get stuff for the ship? I must have skimmed that part at some point
    It is like the Horga'hn hunt

y1arXbh.png

• Options
    daveyny wrote: »

But if you pay attention to the two red lines, they point you in the direction to go.
    They create a "V" that indicates which way to move.
    You only have to move a few paces each time.
    Seems like after about 6 or 7 (guesstimate) tries the Artifact pops up.
    B)
    You're just lucky, because while it's true the lines point to the correct direction, that's it. The artefact could be at the opposite side of the map for all you know (and in fact, this is how it has been for me, so far). So depending on how often you activate the scanner and where it is (like on a leaf-covered place), it can take way more than 6 to find the items.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    What's the hook/reward for doing the scan for temporal artifact mission?
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    50 favors during the bonus period. 20 outside.
    Also, you can start it whenever you want (including not during the bonus period) and turn it in during the bonus period.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Scan.
    Fly a good bit of distance in the direction indicated (toward the middle of the V).
    Scan again.
    Repeat.
    When the direction starts changing a lot between scans, you're close, so scan more often instead of flying far.
    If it says you're moving away from the target, turn around.
    When it says you found it, look for a glowing pile of sand on the ground.

Hints:
    Don't fly too high, the lines always appear on the ground not around your character.
    Don't scan in/above tall grass, it will cover the lines.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    First time I ran this mission, it blinked up "you have unlocked an item in the store" - what store are they talking about? I think I found some sort of warp core schematic or something...

Second time I messed with this, I found Isis's collar... ;)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I finally found and object, but not in the allotted time.
    A deerstalker hat labeled S. Holmes. Yes, that's right, folks, Sherlock was a time Traveler. ;)

But seriously we might want to keep track of the items found. If it matters at all.

Yes, the lines on the ground are too confusing to me. Two lines going two directions is not helpful. Closer in green and Further in Red? Are we playing blind-man's bluff here?

sto.gamepedia.com/Lohlunat_Festival
    It's still as last year, so no help there.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Would love the developer who thought that the way the scanning works was an awesome idea to explain why he/she thought it worked so well because it doesn't. The 20 random repeatable piece accolade just adds to the pain since I like getting all accolades.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    A deerstalker hat labeled S. Holmes. Yes, that's right, folks, Sherlock was a time Traveler. ;)

But seriously we might want to keep track of the items found. If it matters at all.

Yes, the lines on the ground are too confusing to me. Two lines going two directions is not helpful. Closer in green and Further in Red? Are we playing blind-man's bluff here?

New accolade "In a Geological Sense" - lists all the items to be collected via the scavenger hunt... No clue in there about the store comment, though...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I guess I'll give this a whirl when I get home from work.
  • Options
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    50 favors during the bonus period. 20 outside.
    Also, you can start it whenever you want (including not during the bonus period) and turn it in during the bonus period.
    Oh, so like Building Sand Castles. Good to know. Because this is taking a lot more time than building a Sand Castle.

I may be crazy, but I think Dancing is a bigger pay out. :p;)

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I really hope they refine it, like giving an apx distance to the artifact or narrowing the 'V' of the guide bars as you get closer. Right now this is more annoying than fun.
  • Options
    doctorindyjdoctorindyj Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »
    First time I ran this mission, it blinked up "you have unlocked an item in the store" - what store are they talking about? I think I found some sort of warp core schematic or something...

I got the same thing but I can't find anything new in the event store either. Well more than what I already saw as being there from before. Anyone else have any info?

Thanks.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User

I knew about the spoiler I saw this a while ago.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    Just go to the center of the cone. A few paces...scan again. Make sure you have your floater. It's pretty easy just time consuming if anything.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    edited June 2016

I noticed that as well and it seems related to the Vorgon items only. New unlockable ship? New dialogue options in an upcoming mission involving the Vorgons? Vorgon Boff? Vorgon Doff? "A winner is you" in Vorgon?
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    Okay. I think I've got this, but, for me, it's still time consuming. Maybe I'll get better at it over time.

I think there's a way to make it a bit better. Perhaps, if as you get closer to the location, like on the right area of beach and within 100 steps or so of the location, the Red Arc could narrow some. Perhaps even from 90 degrees, to 60, to 30 and even down to 15 when you are with in ten or so steps. As if to say, "You're almost there, it's this way."
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

I noticed that as well and it seems related to the Vorgon items only. New unlockable ship? New dialogue options in an upcoming mission involving the Vorgons? Vorgon Boff? Vorgon Doff? "A winner is you" in Vorgon?

Would have been better if it was Vorlons. Vorlons are infinitely better than Vorgons.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »

Would have been better if it was Vorlons. Vorlons are infinitely better than Vorgons.

They are not better. They are more lawful.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The red lines present a 'cone' to proceed, sort of like a firing arc. I just wish our sensor scans really scanned for stuff we are looking for. Though in the past at one point in the Hunt, proceeding towards the Promenade it can get confused as it may point to a Sand Castle location rather than the next Horga'hn.

Ran it twice yesterday, got the 50 on each. Dance Party is 50 if you complete, otherwise 10, 15, or 25, depending on how many phases you made it through. Horga'hn Hunt is 75 plus the 2-5 you pick up finding each of the 10; so 95-125. Strange that no Bird Eggs did drop during my both runs of the Hunt. Usually, in the first week or so they drop like crazy.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Well, I managed to find all the artefacts related to the FNORD-class Vorgon ship.

And I got quite an impressive thing:
    A whole lot of nothingness in any store. BOOOOOOO!
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    The closer you get to the item the wider the arc becomes. When its 180, you're right on top of it.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    ltminns wrote: »
    The red lines present a 'cone' to proceed, sort of like a firing arc. I just wish our sensor scans really scanned for stuff we are looking for. Though in the past at one point in the Hunt, proceeding towards the Promenade it can get confused as it may point to a Sand Castle location rather than the next Horga'hn.

Ran it twice yesterday, got the 50 on each. Dance Party is 50 if you complete, otherwise 10, 15, or 25, depending on how many phases you made it through. Horga'hn Hunt is 75 plus the 2-5 you pick up finding each of the 10; so 95-125. Strange that no Bird Eggs did drop during my both runs of the Hunt. Usually, in the first week or so they drop like crazy.
    I got an egg in my first set so they're not too hard to get.

But yeah, I've started making a database of possible locations. I don't think they're random.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Don't know if this is any help, but here's another thread on reddit.
    https://reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4nbphg/anyone_understand_how_that_scavenger_hunt_is/

Knowing that we need to do it 20 times for the Perk is helpful I guess. :/
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    ltminns wrote: »

I got an egg in my first set so they're not too hard to get.

But yeah, I've started making a database of possible locations. I don't think they're random.

Would you like us to start posting caps of where, on the map, we find these little hills of dirt to dig for Artifacts? I know how you love making useful maps of locations of useful things on those maps. :)