test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Protonic Kool-Aid Down The Drain Cruiser

Comments

• Options
    greywalker#7639 greywalker Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Thanks for the reply, I just assumed that pet damage was tied to me.... Good to hear it's not!
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Well I just got done doing the Tactical carrier runs with all Terran Rep and some Fleet gear. Results were not what I wanted. While it isn't like jabbing a Herald Dreadnought with a pointy stick, the build lacks some punch. Maybe I've gotten spoiled by the amazing results of the Polaron Kamarag?

Then it occured to me. Undine. Which is another Rep which appears to be not a favorite. Disruptors. A tlh'InGan's 'native' weapons. The Undine Rep torpedo is pretty good as well. So, A T6 Tactical Carrier pretending it is Species 8472? Can't wait to try it out!

EDIT:
    Waitwhat? You're reading this first? Before you watch the video? Which is at the bottom of this post. Holy Moly!
    So, you're the other one, lol.

**Ship Information**

Name: I.K.S. Qach Joh Rop(The Pressure Builds)
    Class: Fleet Qin Flight Deck Raptor
    Intended Role: Thinking outside the box when it comes to ship loadouts and capabilities. Inspired by autumnturning.
    However, I wanted add in a twist. A Science Captain commanding a ship clearly intended for a Tactical.
    Izzat twisted enough?

Commanding Officer:Dahar Master Cha Herom
    Career: Science
    Faction: Klingon Defense Force
    Species: Lethean
    Primary Specialization: Intelligence
    Secondary Specialization: Command

Notes: Hard to pass up that extra Hull HP, ain't it?

Ship Loadout - Work in progress. Maybe.

Fore Weapons
    Enhanced Bio-Molecular Torpedo Launcher Mk XIV(VR)
    Heavy Bio-Molecular Disruptor Turret Mk XIV(VR)
    Bio-Molecular Disruptor Turret Mk XIV [Acc] [CtrH](VR)

Aft Weapons

Notes: Undine Rep is one of the few where the Weapons Set contains a Turret

Deflector: Counter-Command Deflector Array Mk XIV
    Impulse: Counter-Command Hyper Impulse Engines Mk XIV
    Warp Core: Counter-Command Hyper Injection Warp Core MkXIV
    Shields: Counter-Command Covariant Shield Array Mk XIV

Notes: The three piece Set Bonuses from this set are all about shields.
    This lets me use the Engineering BOff slots for Pilot Abilities and Hull Heals.

Devices
    Red Matter Capacitor
    Temporal Negotiator

Notes: This thing is a Weapon Battery junkie. It is very easy to spend all your Loot EC on batteries and still come up short.

Engineering Consoles
    Conductive RCS Accelerator Mk XIV [Turn](Epic)
    Enhanced Neutronium Alloy Mk XIV [Turn](Epic)
    Hydrodynamics Compensator Mk XIV (VR)

Notes: I wanted it to turn, lol. At 3/4 Impulse, it turns about 50 degrees per second.

Science Consoles
    Plasmonic leech
    Restorative Particle Focuser Mk XIV [CrtlX] [DrainX](VR)
    Assimilated Module Mk XIV(VR)

Notes: This is not an optimal setup. Nor should it be considered a final one. I may move the Zero Point Console here and replace it with something which boosts torpedo damage even more.

Tactical Consoles
    Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Array Mk XIV(VR)
    Zero-Point Energy Conduit Mk XIV(VR)
    Vulnerability Exploiter Mk XIV [Disruptor](VR)

Notes: These turrets are like all turrets. They have a weak damage output no matter what. By using all turrets, I am playing the 'roll enough dice and the proc will come up' game. Still, I like the fact they hit a little harder with the Exploiters in place

Bridge Officers
    Commander Tactical (VR Lethean): Torpedo: Spread I/ Torpedo: High Yield II/ Cannon: Rapid Fire II/ Cannon: Scatter Volley III
    Ensign Tactical (VR Lethean): Tactical Team I
    Lt. Commander Universal(Science): Hazard Emmitters I/ Tyken's Rift I/ Gravity Well I
    Lt. Commander Engineering/Pilot (VR Lethean): Engineering Team I/ Hold Together I/ Attack Pattern Lambda III
    Lt Science (VR Lethean): Science Team I/ Energy Siphon I

Notes: APL is a really fun little ability to throw on that crowd you've gathered with GW I

Duty Officers
    (VR) Energy Weapons Officer - Chance to reduce the recharge time when using cannon special attacks
    (VR) Projectile Weapons Officer - Chance to reduce the reload time when using torpedoes (Law from Nimbus III)
    (VR) Warp Core Engineer - Chance of temporarily improving your ship power on the use of any Emergency Power ability
    (VR) Development Lab Scientist - Recharge time reduced for Science Team and Buff
    (VR) Gravimetric Scientist - Chance to create an aftershock Gravity Well

Notes: No changes here because all of these work well with this setup. Which is nearly an exact copy of my Kamarag build.

https://youtu.be/vKTE0H56tbM
    Post edited by thunderfoot#5163 on
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    Apologies for the double post....

...And the bump

On second thought, nope. Not sorry for either.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    has anyone here given this trait a looksee? https://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Point_Defense_Protocols

according to some player's parses, the proton damage from this is far better than any you could hope to get from protonic polarons (unless you're exceedingly lucky with procs during EVERY instance of combat you participate in) and it does add yet another source of guaranteed damage to those turret barrages

i believe these are relatively cheap for the moment, so it might be worth checking out even if it doesn't turn out all that great​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    Actually, yes, I've been aware of the Point Defense Protocols for a little while now. ;) I hadn't made any noises about the trait because I'm space poor this thread has already influenced Market Movement on Polaron Turrets, and I didn't want to give people any bad advice regarding this specific Trait (in a box!).

However, since you've mentioned it ...
    /em holds bag without a cat in it anymore :s

... I went ahead and got myself a copy this afternoon (going price was 29 million EC per) as a hedge against a market rush. No time to test it out, or see if it's something that wants Dyson Consoles supporting Proton Damage ... and I haven't got the EC to buy a second yet (I've got two captains running the Solanae and Terran builds, respectively). I will, of course, update this thread after finding out things this evening.

On a different note ...

I've been trying out use of Threatening Stance, with no additional support, in Crystaline Cataclysm Advanced the last couple of days, and I'm seeing a slight improvement in survival rates ... despite pulling almost all of the "attention" from the dogpile on da wabbit bottom of the Gravity Well when I bust out the Cannon Scatter Volley plus Torpedo Spread. That's because the +5% hull per proc not only increases the Time To Breach but also increases the amount of passive hull healing that's going on (since that's based on Max Hull, which is getting modified by Threatening Stance proccing). It's nothing especially massive but it is making it easier for me to keep my Shields and Hull healed up, even through Crystaline Entity Sneezes.

So something else to toss into the bonfire mix. Even if you aren't planning on (Main) Tanking, use of Threatening Stance with my builds is seeming to produce a (slight) net positive result in CCA.
  • Options
    29 million? ouch...i thought it was far cheaper - but if it's THAT expensive already, it MUST be decent

trash traits generally don't obtain high market prices​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    It's less about "value" and more about rarity. The source lockbox isn't dropping like rain anymore, meaning supplies are limited ... and with limited supplies comes higher prices, regardless of actual value.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    the box the Blaze of Glory traits drop from aren't dropping like rain anymore either - they're still under a million

hell, look at the cross-faction console pack from the cardassian pack - those are ALSO under a million and that was the first box​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Just checked. 29,900,000 was the cheapest listed. Obviously, you and I differ on the meaning of "relatively cheap", lol.
    Unless when you looked someone was unloading a bunch of these in a hurry. Which, considering the Exchange is actually run by insane ten year olds who have eaten far too much sugar, could be the case.

Seriously? Anyone who has played this game longer than one week has seen these sorts of price swings when something gets popular all of a sudden. From the Tooltip the Trait sounds very useful. One more thing for me to keep an eye out for if the price drops or someone miskeys an Exchange entry.
  • Options
    i did say i BELIEVED they were relatively cheap, because i thought they were far cheaper and wasn't ingame to confirm at the time i made the post...but i wasn't expecting a pricetag of 29 million

so either someone saw my post several hours ago and rushed off to the various channels to tell people to take their traits down and repost them, or it really is that good​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nope, no price swings on this item. I've been watching it for over a week. In that time, the price has come DOWN from around 33 million down to 29 million. I was hoping it would drift a bit lower ... but ...

/em shrug
  • Options
    Ah well. Anotherr item to place on my Nice to Have But Not Mission Critical list.

I finally succeeded in getting all of the Terran Space Set for my KDF Tac. Including weapons. Six Terran Turrets. Which I promptly took off because they were terrible. What to do? What to do? I replaced them with six "ordinary" disruptor turrets off the Exchange and was very pleased I did so. All turrets were Mk XII with the following Mods: [Acc] [CrtD] [CrtH]. These were a different story entirely. In addition to costing somewhere around 100K EC at the time I purchased them. I doubt the price has remained so, but it is possible.

Anyways, my KDF Tac flying the Fleet T6 Qin Flight Deck Raptor now achieves nearly the same result as my KDF Sci flying the same boat. Want to Try it out on my Rom Eng but I have to wait until I can purchase the Fleet version of the Ar'kif. Which has the same number of Console slots.

• Options
    I finally succeeded in getting all of the Terran Space Set for my KDF Tac. Including weapons. Six Terran Turrets. Which I promptly took off because they were terrible.
    I tried out the Withering Disruptors, was disappointed with their performance, and went back to the Polarons

Told you. :*

Withering {anything} is really good if you've got more of it getting used. If you can get 5 ships using all Withering weapons, all pounding on the same target (assuming it lives long enough to matter) you'll get fair mileage out of them. Anything short of that though and you're kinda wasting your time with them (sad to say). In order to get a good advantage out of them, you need to be using *A LOT OF THEM* for the "chuck lots of dice" factor to get them to proc, and even then, their proc only really ramps up on Tough Stuff(tm) instead of on trash. What's sad though is that you're probably a lot better off with the regular Disruptor proc (-Resist All Debuff) than you are with the Withering proc (+Radiation Damage that stacks) ... much like it's better to have the regular Polaron proc (-All Power) than than Thoron Infused Polaron proc (-[CrtX] Debuff and Placate). The former (in both cases) actually weakens your targets, while the latter merely "tickles" them slightly and doesn't help all that much. :'(
  • Options
    unfortunately, withering disruptor is the only red disruptor currently available, so for my bortasqu' terran battlecruiser build...there's no other option for me but those turrets​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Hey, if Space Barbie is your self-imposed constraint, more power to you! Nothing wrong with putting Looks over Mechanics if that's a higher priority for you. I'm just addressing the game mechanics side of things since that's less of a subjective judgement call and more something that can yield "results you can feel" when playing the game.

By the same token, I really like the pretty indigo blue/purple color used for the Protonic Polaron Turrets (obviously), so to each their own.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,653 Arc User
    unfortunately, withering disruptor is the only red disruptor currently available, so for my bortasqu' terran battlecruiser build...there's no other option for me but those turrets​​

Why turrets for a Terran Battlecruiser? In SC1 and SC2 they were fairly heavily forward firing, unless one of SC2s past the Terran campaign changed things (not played past that one).

Mechanics wise, try them on the Sci version of the Bort. Sensor Analysis seems to help the damage that the procs do, bringing them up a notch in utility. I have Terran BAs on a TSABC, the 5 standard Terran arrays aren't that great except on the target I have painted with SA. Also, I would go with Single Cannons forward, they have a bit higher base damage, and are plenty viable post Skills revamp if you take points of the range enhancement. If you have a T6 Bort, and willing to mount a turnrate boost or two, definitely get the Reputation Dual Heavy Cannon, as it's one of the top DPS weapons at the moment, due it's increasing damage --up to 2x-- as a target's HP is lowered.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    they may have been forward firing in the game because the ships were coded to automatically point at whatever it's currently targeting, but the Escape from Mar Sara cutscene from SC2: WoL clearly showed the Hyperion armed to the brim with Burst Laser turrets​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Apologies for the subspace silence. Now that CCA is "done" I've switched over to Risa Farming and am spending all of my time there instead of in space.

Only thing I've got to add right now is that the Point Defense Protocols, once they're unboxed, are a Starship Trait, rather than a Personal Space Trait (since they're not a Genetic Resequencer). That means that if you're going to use it, it's going to be one of your 4-5 picks of what to do for Starship Traits.

The good thing is that I'm using a build that wants to be clicking Cannon Rapid Fire and Cannon Scatter Volley as much as possible, which gives really good uptime on the trait. The bad thing is, I can't really tell the difference when the trait is active, since I'm firing so many turret shots to begin with. That means that the effects of the trait get lost in the crowd of fire, making it hard to tell if it's working or not, just by watching the action. I assume it is, but the trait isn't carrying over all the procs on my energy weapons, so it's not like there's a massive bonus happening there.

Still, before the CCAs stopped, I did manage to get 2nd place with both the Solanae and Terran builds more than once, so that's something, I guess.
  • Options
    yeah, with that much going on all at once, you would likely need to run a parse with the trait slotted and without it to see if it's actually doing anything of note​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Havent been here in awhile. Been busy with work and other things in R/L. Testing out Embassy Consoles. The Drain is less but the proc for plasma add on fires with regularity. finally Upgrded everything to Mk XIV and this too has made a significant difference. To the point where my Sci char recieved an Invite to the DPS-10,000 Channel. No contact yet with anyone else in this channel. While it is nice, I've not been able to exactly recreate the ISA run which earned the Invite. I can get close, however.

Went ahead and d/l'd STO Combat Meter. So now I am parsing some things. To really use SCM effectively I need to be a little more consistent in how I use my abilities and what order I key them in. We've shown the build. We've discussed the gear. We've posted a video. What we've not done is go through a step by step on the order we use BOff abilities or discussed targeting selection and priorities. Should have something useful enough to post on these topics by next week.

@autumnturning: Apologies for it appearing I have taken over your thread. I can get very focused on something some days. I have not had anything in this game engage my interest so deeply in a very long time. This is not me making excuses, this is me explaining.
    Post edited by thunderfoot#5163 on
  • Options
    No worries. This was never about "ME ME ME!!!" as much as it was about "well that's curious, I wonder what this does?" and opening up the mindset behind the discoveries for Peer Review, because I know I don't have a monopoly on knowing EVERYTHING(tm).

And if this thread has in any way "revitalized" the game for you and rekindled your interest in playing it ... I consider my time spent in this thread well repaid (and quite handsomely so). As mentioned already, for the past week I've Risa Farming to make up for not having done the Summer Event for the last 2 years (and I need something ridiculous like another 10k Lohlunat Favors for each of my 4 captains) so I'm going to be "busy" for a while dealing with that since it's a limited time deal.

In other words ... please proceed ...
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,653 Arc User
    Havent been here in awhile. Been busy with work and other things in R/L. Testing out Embassy Consoles. The Drain is less but the proc for plasma add on fires with regularity. finally Upgrded everything to Mk XIV and this too has made a significant difference. To the point where my Sci char recieved an Invite to the DPS-10,000 Channel. No contact yet with anyone else in this channel. While it is nice, I've not been able to exactly recreate the ISA run which earned the Invite. I can get close, however.

Went ahead and d/l'd STO Combat Meter. So now I am parsing some things. To really use SCM effectively I need to be a little more consistent in how I use my abilities and what order I key them in. We've shown the build. We've discussed the gear. We've posted a video. What we've not done is go through a step by step on the order we use BOff abilities or discussed targeting selection and priorities. Should have something useful enough to post on these topics by next week.

@autumnturning: Apologies for it appearing I have taken over your thread. I can get very focused on something some days. I have not had anything in this game engage my interest so deeply in a very long time. This is not me making excuses, this is me explaining.

On the Embassy Science consoles, the proc increases in damage with the Mark and Rarity quite well. Pushing them to Mk XIV is well worth the investment. If you can push them to Epic, it's something on the order of 900 more damage each proc of that console over the Ultra-Rare Mk XIV. Most people grab the Mk X versions for the two extra chances to hit Epic in the normal upgrade process, and it might come out to using less Dil too, even with no Epic roll.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I upgraded the Embassy Consoles to Mk XIV. I like the plasma proc which does fire off frequently enough so it is a boost to DPS. But I miss the [Drain]2x for its ability to simply stop an NPC cold by draining all the power from it. Right now I am tinkering with a few things to see if there is a viable compromise where I can use both Console types and get something useful from them. I have a solid baseline build which I can always return to, I just want to see if I can add a few tweaks here and there.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    With apologies for double posting yet again. And a warning this is a W.O.T!

Old business:
    Went back to the post where I presented the final version of the ship and edited it so the post now reflects the version of the ship I am using in game. This is the definitive version of the FT5-U Kamarag I am now using to very good results. The only changes I will make fom here on in, if I decide to do so, will be Upgrading everything to Gold. Horrifically expensive to do so, though.

New Business 1:
    Tried the concept of an all turret pressure build with Tetryon weapons. Little success against the easiest of enemies, so I stopped. After I spent all that Dilithium. As usual. May try again if something new comes along gear wise.

New Business 2:
    Now comes the hard part. Determining what Abilities to use. Placing them in the tray in what order. Determining the best order to use them in. I do not use keybinds. They are convenient and save time, yes. However, once I choose to change the order I decide to use Abilities in, I have to wait for the entire cycle to reset to begin to use the keybinds again.

I have recorded numerous runs using Overwolf. I'll need to replay them to figure out what order I use the Abilities in to achieve best use. I will also be explaining the tactics and techniques I use with the ship as well. Obviously this will take awhile and as such I probably will not have anything to post for a very long time.

Thank you to the readers of this thread for your patience and indulgence of me. I appreciate you giving me some of your free time. I hope I have not wasted it by not giving you some entertainment or enjoyment of STO.

Final Build posted one more time and this time with Stat Groups. Should make it easier to emulate the ship.
    Also, people will not have to backtrack

**Ship Information**

Name: I.K.S. wa'SanID nav pe'(One Thousand Paper Cuts)
    Class: Fleet Kamarag Battle Cruiser Retrofit (T5-U)
    Intended Role: Thinking outside the box when it comes to ship loadouts and capabilities. Inspired by autumnturning.

Commanding Officer: Dahar Master Cha Herom
    Career: Science
    Faction: Klingon Defense Force
    Species: Lethean
    Primary Specialization: Command
    Secondary Specialization: Intelligence

Notes: Liking the extra HP

Fore Weapons
    Neutronic Torpedo Launcher Mk XIV(VR)
    Protonic Polaron Turret Mk XIV [Acc]x2[CtrH](VR)

Aft Weapons
    Quantum Phase Torpedo Launcher Mk XIV(VR)

Notes: On a whim and since they were really cheap (19,125 Dil each), bought six Protonic Polaron Turrets.
    During the Upgrade I was trying for that [Acc] overflow which autmnturning wrote about.

Deflector: Terran Task Force Deflector Array Mk XIV
    Impulse: Terran Task Force Impulse Engines Mk XIV
    Warp Core: Terran Task Force Capacitor Warp Core MkXIV
    Shields: Terran Task Force Covariant Shield Array Mk XIV

Notes: The Terran Task Force Set has a feature where power levels build past 125 gradually as long as the ship is in combat. This fits in nicely with the pressure build concept. Doesn't hurt to have that extra power for firing off a finishing torpedo either.

Devices
    Subspace Field Modulator
    Temporal Negotiator
    Red Matter Capacitor

Notes: Batteries work well here as well. Tested them with only some loss of capability. The problem with Batteries is this thing eats them like candy. Have plenty on hand if you're going to be in an extended combat.

Engineering Consoles
    Plasmonic Leech
    Quantum Phase Converter Mk XIV(VR)
    Tachyokinetic Converter Mk XIV(VR)
    Conductive RCS Accelerator Mk XIV [DrainX](VR)

Notes: After experimenting with what I have on hand, this is the best combination of Consoles I can use in the Engineering slots.

Science Consoles
    Restorative Particle Focuser Mk XIV [DrainX]x2(UR)

Tactical Consoles
    Chronometric Capacitor Mk XIV(VR)
    Vulnerabiltiy Exploiter (Polaron) Mk XIV(Epic)
    Vulnerabiltiy Exploiter (Polaron) Mk XIV(UR)

Notes: Hard to not use something which has gone gold, ain't it? I'd like to have some Vulnerability Locators. But my Fleet is trying to get our Spire to Level Three before they restock Provisions.

Bridge Officers
    Universal/Tactical (VR Lethean): Torpedo: High Yield I | Cannon: Rapid Fire I
    Tactical (VR Lethean): Torpedo: Spread I | Cannon: Scatter Volley I
    Tactical (VR Lethean): Tactical Team I
    Engineering (VR Lethean):
    Engineering Team I | Emergency Power to Shields II | Emergency Power to Weapons III | Aux to SIF III
    Science (VR Lethean): Science Team I | Tyken's Rift I | Gravity Well I

Duty Officers
    (VR) Energy Weapons Officer - Chance to reduce the recharge time when using cannon special attacks
    (VR) Projectile Weapons Officer - Chance to reduce the reload time when using torpedoes (Law from Nimbus III)
    (VR) Energy Weapons Officer - (Space)Chance to gain Shield Power when using Energy Weapons
    (VR) Sensors Officer - (Space)Debuff target's offensive damage with Sensor Scan
    (VR) Gravimetric Scientist - Chance to create an aftershock Gravity Well

Stats
    General
    Stealth Detection Rating - 28.64 (Balanced Power Scheme with no adjustments and no Abilities activated)
    Power Transfer Rate - 200% (10.0/sec.)
    Defense
    Bonus Defense - 17.5% (Spd 0)/ 38.8% (Quarter)/ 60.2% (Half)/ 77.5% (For Three Quarters and above)
    Hull - 75,117/75,117
    Hull Repair Rate - 93.5%/min.
    Shield Regeneration Rate - 1,021/6 sec.
    Shields - 13,477
    Resistances - 29.2%
    Attack
    Bonus Accuracy - 32.5%
    Crit Chance - 8.6%
    Crit Severity - 111.9%
    Tactical Skill-Based Stats
    All Ratings - 50
    Science Skill-Based Stats
    Shield Restoration - 50
    Shield Capacity - 108
    Shield Regeneration - 100
    Shield Hardness - 100
    Control Expertise - 154
    Drain Expertise - 485
    Exotic Particle Generator - 134
    Scientific Readiness - 100
    Engineering Skill-Based Stats
    Hull Restoration - 70
    Hull Capacity - 60
    Energized Hull Plating - 60
    Ablative Hull Plating - 60
    Hull Regeneration - 70
    Electro-Plasma System Flow - 100
    Impulse Expertise - 50
    Engineering Readiness - 50
    Movement
    Inertia - 30
    Flight Speed - 35.13 (Balanced Power Scheme with no adjustments and no Abilities activated)
    Turn Rate - 27.5 deg./sec. (Balanced Power Scheme with no adjustments and no Abilities activated)
  • Options
    coruunascoruunas Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Wondering how well I can use one of these variants to lock down TN and the dreadnought scrum in CPE.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    coruunas wrote: »
    Wondering how well I can use one of these variants to lock down TN and the dreadnought scrum in CPE.

We've been playing with some drain ideas in Science Chanel elite runs and I think we came to the conclusion that TN's shields are just too powerful to be drained. I'm guessing that the other power system would be equally tough to crack.
    Someone would have to devote their entire time to trying to keep the station drained and would be at risk of being shot to pieces or not helping with the critical aspect of taxiing assault teams.
    I suspect you'd have to devote the entirety of your build to drains and still not have much affect.
    Might work of the dreadnoughts though, if you can survive all the aggro.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    Tried draining TN's shields with this one. I was backing up a dedicated Fed Science Ship which had a Sci Captain. I think it was a Wells. So, it should have been far more powerful than my Kamarag posted above. The game, as usual, cheats. Counterpoint is an STF and the Devs have learned from power creep just as we have. The shields would drain to about half and then recharge.

As to the dreadnoughts, they are camoflage. They also are remarkably stupid. I had no worries with the ship posted above dealing successfully with them. either singly or in groups. I tend to look for the Terran ship called <Reinforcing Dreadnought>. It is a Terran Oddysey whichis similar to the I.S.S. Enterprise. When I find it, I bring everything to kill it as fast as I can. This seems to terminate the STF as soon as it dies. Although I am uncertain as to whether this is the case or not. because usually by the time this one dies all of the Paradox dreads are usually dead too. I'd like to try out killing just the Paradox and leaving this one alone to see if this is the case.
  • Options
    The game, as usual, cheats. Counterpoint is an STF and the Devs have learned from power creep just as we have. The shields would drain to about half and then recharge.

This is my shocked face.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    @autumnturning

Hey, there Big Guy. You owe me a computer cleaning. I played your post and sprayed perfectly good beer all over my laptop while I was laughing. Well, actually it was American beer. But you know what I mean dammit! ;-D
  • Options
    @autumnturning

Hey, there Big Guy. You owe me a computer cleaning. I played your post and sprayed perfectly good beer all over my laptop while I was laughing. Well, actually it was American beer. But you know what I mean dammit! ;-D

We aim to please.
    Although in this case we are pleased to aim. B)
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    We've been playing with some drain ideas in Science Chanel elite runs and I think we came to the conclusion that TN's shields are just too powerful to be drained. I'm guessing that the other power system would be equally tough to crack. Someone would have to devote their entire time to trying to keep the station drained and would be at risk of being shot to pieces or not helping with the critical aspect of taxiing assault teams. I suspect you'd have to devote the entirety of your build to drains and still not have much affect.

Please tell me that the uptick in interest in drain builds in The Science Channel are not entirely my fault. Quick, somebody else take credit for something related to drain builds!