What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Protonic Kool-Aid Down The Drain Cruiser

Comments

• Options
    autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    If you ground out a DSD on any of your other characters on that account during that event, it should show up under U-> Reputation -> Events -> Store, even on your AoY char. I claimed it on my AoY for the Admiralty card. Last I heard the only ship that was bugged in claiming was the newest one, the Xyfius.

THAT'S where they were all hidden! Claimed! Admiralty is saved!
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    It's Not Easy Being Green.

Pity the poor Romulans. Stuck as second class citizens forever in STO. Best expansion ever, IMO. Which gets overshadowed continually by the attention given to all the rest. Did not get an Elite Mark as part of the Reputation System. Romulan Reputation gear never gets hated on or damned by faint praise, either. But someone always mentions something better. Which is usually harder to get.

No more, I say! After the posts by autumnturning and others here, as well as my own dabbling in the arts of ship building, I have decided to show the world there are ships in the Republic fleet besides Scimitars which are worth owning and using. Ships which can get the job done - Romulan style.

Behold! A build which is proud to say - We are The Declared(Rihannsu)!

**Ship Information**

Name: R.R.W. Hastati (Named after the heavy infantry component of the Roman Legions. which seemed to fit as she always winds up in the thickest part of the battle and becomes the rock upon which the enemy is smashed to bits)
    Class: Jhu'ael Tactical Carrier Warbird(T6)
    Intended Role: Still thinking outside the box when it comes to ship loadouts and capabilities. Inspired by autumnturning.

Commanding Officer: Admiral T'Cael Suuv'raneii Ael'hollis
    (or, as I like to think of him, Admiral Bill Adama with ear points, lol)
    Career: Engineer
    Faction: Romulan/KDF-aligned
    Species: Romulan
    Primary Specialization: Command
    Secondary Specialization: Strategist

Notes: Trying something different. Because sometimes you have to roll a hard six.

Ship Loadout - Work In Progress

Fore Weapons
    Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher Mk XIV(VR) - Only torp in the game which will acquire a second target if its primary gets destroyed
    Romulan Plasma Turret Mk XIV(VR) [CrtD]x2

Aft Weapons
    Particle Emission Plasma Torpedo Launcher Mk XIV [CrtD] [CrtH] - Enjoy how they stop moving targets

Notes: The secondary effects of lowering Damage Resistance and adding additonal Plasma "burn" are both useful.
    These turrets are like all turrets. They have a weak damage output no matter what. By using all turrets, I am playing the "roll enough dice and the proc will fire off" game.
    Torpedoes are now my "finishing move". But the turrets do so much damage after halting a target in place, I only get to use torps on the really big targets.

Space Set
    Deflector: Romulan Advanced Prototype Deflector Array Mk XIV
    Impulse: Romulan Advanced Prototype Impulse Engines Mk XIV
    Warp Core: Elite Fleet Reinforced Singularity Core Mk XIV [AMP] [Jump] [SingA] [SSS]
    Shields: Romulan Advanced Prototype Covariant Shield Array Mk XIV

Notes: Both the Romulan and the Reman Space Sets are solid performers. Although they have Covariant shields which can be tough to bring back up to strength, the singularity powers and the Battle Cloak can be used to gain the time needed to do so.

Devices
    Standard Weapons Battery
    Standard Auxiliary Battery

Notes: Usual problems with Batteries. I have the Temporal Negotiator in my Main Inventory.

Engineering Consoles
    Conductive RCS Accelerator Mk XIV [CrtlX]
    Bio-Neural Gel Pack Mk XIV

Notes: The [CrtlX] on the Accelerator is for the Grav Well I use. The 7% Cooldown Reduction is something I have come to rely on with this build.

Science Consoles
    Restorative Particle Focuser Mk XIV [CrtlX] [DrainX]
    Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Nullifier Mk XIV [CrtX]
    Assimilated Module Mk XIV
    Zero-Point Energy Conduit

Notes: the [CrtlX] is for the Grav Well I use. The Embassy Console does not proc as often as I like but when it does it is a good burn. The third and fourth consoles are for additional power and to improve CrtD and CrtH

Tactical Consoles
    Vulernability Exploiter Mk XIV (Plasma)

Notes: I wanted to see how high I could get CrtD. Is 145.3% enough? I think I can do better.

Hangar Bay
    Elite Scorpion Fighters

Notes: These might very well be the most expensive pets the the game. But they are worth it when I get to use the Coordinated Assault Trait.

Bridge Officers
    Commander Tactical (SRO Romulan): Tactical Team I/ Torpedo: High Yield II/ Cannon: Scatter Volley II/
    Attack Pattern Omega III
    Lieutenant Tactical (SRO Romulan): Tactical Team I/ Torpedo Scatter Volley II
    Lt. Commander Universal (SRO Romulan - Engineering) : Engineering Team I/ Emergency Power to Weapons II/
    Auxiliary power to the Structural Integrity Field II
    Ensign Engineering (SRO Romulan): Emergency Power to Shields I
    Lt. Commander Science/Pilot (SRO Romulan): Attack Pattern Lambda I/ Hold Together I/ Gravity Well I

Notes: I wanted a tank and these choices support this. I also made an effort to acquire BOffs with the Superior Romulan Operative Trait. The Regular Romulan Operative Trait works too.

Duty Officers
    (VR) Conn Officer - Chance for +Accuracy +Perception for Tactical Team.
    (VR) Energy Weapons Officer - Chance to reduce the to rechage when using cannon special attacks.
    (VR) Projectile Weapons Officer - (Space) Chance for stacking Crit Severity buff on firing Projectiles.
    (VR) Energy Weapons Officer - (Space) Chance for stacking Crit Severity buff on firing Energy Weapons.
    (VR) Flight Deck Officer - (Space) Reduce the time to recharge hangar bays and Boarding Party.
    (VR) Gravimetric Scientist - (Space) Chance to create an aftershock Gravity Well.

An all Turret ship with a hangar. Which keeps the fighters in Intercept Mode until the last second. Pretty sure very few people are flying something like this. However it is a lot of fun to play. Which at nearly four years into the game is mostly what I am after at this point. But it does get the job done. Because part of me enjoying myself is doing my share of the heavy lifting. If you see me in an STF, don't worry. I can tote my fair share (and then some) of the load.
    Post edited by thunderfoot#5163 on
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    Wow.

Just wow ...

That is so inspiring. :o

And here I am tooling around with my (now) "old" Protonic builds, and still trying to squeeze even more out of them. Just did a change up to the original Solanae build I had (dropped the Quantum Phase Torpedo for an extra Turret) and swapped out the Zero Point Module for the Trellium-D Console for even more resists (everything at over 40%) and Shield Power. I did a quick experiment with an 8 Turret variant and didn't like what that did to the Bridge Officer seating requirements (nothing to spend Ensign Tactical on anymore) and not being able to use Torpedo Astrometric Synergy to rapidly cooldown my Science Skills.

And yes, I'm still planning on doing a Temporal Rainbow Turret version at some point here, although it will probably have to wait until after the Mirror Invasion event is finished, since I'm using it right now to get ship XP on all the T6 ships I pulled out of the Reputation Store for their Masteries.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    extraneous ensign tacs should be stuffed with kemo, especially now that it's...relatively affordable​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Just splurged on a Coordinated Defense Protocols (about 38 million EC) and am relatively poor right now (less than 5 million in the bank).
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Sometimes, "New!" does not mean "Improved". Some days, ya just gotta go "Old School". I do not seem to do as well whenever I mount the newest and bestest evah Shinees on my ships. And all the newfangled Reputation weapons are sometimes difficult to get. So, I have decided to deliberately limit myself on this build to nothing which is available any later in the game than LoR.

**Ship Information**

Name: I.K.S. Les Grognards
    (This was the Emperor Napoleon I's nickname for the rank and file of his Imperial Guard. Due to their constant complaining about everything and everything. The polite translation is 'grumblers'. I do not think he meant as a compliment. It was adapted and used during the Seventies as a description of those PnP and board wargamers who were unhappy with 'chrome' in a game. The term 'chrome' refers to parts of a game which make it look prettier but add to the book keeping and complexity without significantly improving game play.)
    Class: Fleet Kamarag Battlecruiser Retrofit(T5-U)
    Intended Role: Inspired by autumnturning, I am looking for ways to avoid cookie cutter builds and BFAW while still having a ship which can carry its own weight.

Commanding Officer: Dahar Master Crell of the House of Jev.
    Career: Tactical
    Faction: Klingon
    Species: Klingon
    Primary Specialization: Intelligence
    Secondary Specialization: Pilot
    Notes: Since I have no way to turn them off, I am using two of the first ones. But do not expect me to enjoy it or be happy about this, lol.

Fore Weapons
    Photon Torpedo Launcher Mk XII(VR) [CrtD] [CrtH] [Dmg]
    Disruptor Turret Mk XII(VR) [CrtD] [CrtH] [Dmg]

Aft Weapons
    Photon Torpedo Launcher Mk XII(VR) [CrtD] [CrtH] [Dmg]

Notes: These are the Mods which seem to work best with this char. I went with plain Disruptors and Photons because a lot of players either do not have the time or the money for the newest and bestest evah Shinees. And if they cannot afford the Shinees, it is a safe bet they cannot afford the Upgrades for them.

Space Set
    Deflector: Omega Force Tachyon Deflector Array Mk XII
    Impulse: Omega Force Hyper-Impulse Engines Mk XII
    Warp Core: Reinforced Warp Core Mk XII
    Shields: Omega Force Shield Array Mk XII

Notes: Had to run Borg STFs until I had blisters on my fingers, lol.

Devices
    Subspace Field Modulator
    Standard Weapons Battery

Notes: Usual problems with Batteries. Getting a DOff which extends Battery preformance is nice but not required.

Engineering Consoles
    RCS Accelerator Mk XII(VR)
    RCS Accelerator Mk XII(VR)
    Neutronium Alloy Mk XII(VR)
    Zero-Point Energy Conduit Mk XII(VR)

Notes: She turns much faster than she looks like she can and she can take a hit or two. Three hits however...

Science Consoles
    Assimilated Module Mk XII
    Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Nullifier Mk XII [DrainX]
    Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Nullifier Mk XII [DrainX]
    Plasmonic Leech

Notes: The Assimilated Module and the Leech are not as potent as they once were. Neither are the Embassy Consoles. But they are still viable in the hands of someone who knows their strengths and weaknesses.

Tactical Consoles
    Disruptor Induction Coil MK XII
    Disruptor Induction Coil MK XII
    Photon Detonation Assembly Mk XII

Notes: Yeah, I ain't gonna set the world on fire DPS wise. But this is how we did in the old days and for the most part it gets the job done. I do have to do a bit more thinking about what order I activate my BOff abilities in and other things. Such as timing an attack properly.

Bridge Officers
    Lieutenant Tactical (VR Klingon): Tactical Team I/ Cannon: Scatter Volley II
    Ensign Tactical (VR Klingon): Tactical Team I
    Lieutenant Universal (VR Klingon - Tactical) : Torpedo High Yield I/ Torpedo Spread II
    Commander Engineering (VR Klingon): Engineering Team I/ Emergency Power to Shields I/ Emergency Power to Weapons II/ Auxiliary Power to the Structural Integrity Field III
    Lt. Commander Science(VR Klingon): Polarize Hull I/ Hazard Emitters II/ Gravity Well I

Notes: It's a cruiser and I wanted to put something together quickly. I suppose I could make it an Aux2B build since I have the DOffs. I may try this out later on.

Duty Officers
    (VR) Energy Weapons Officer - Chance to reduce the to recharge when using cannon special attacks.
    (VR) Projectile Weapons Officer - (Space) Chance to reduce the time to recharge torpedoes.
    (VR) Conn Officer - (Space) Recharge time reduced for Tactical Team.
    (VR) Gravimetric Scientist - (Space) Chance to create an aftershock Gravity Well.

I wanted something which reminded me of how we did it before all the stuff and ships which showed up with Delta Rising. I also wanted something which a casual player could put together quickly and enjoy playing this game.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    So far as I can determine, nothing else other than the Fleet Support Cruiser Refit (T5-U) offers the following smorgasbord of possibilities:
    2 Lieutenant Tactical + 1 Ensign Tactical
    1 Lieutenant Commander Science
    8 Weapons
    4 Science Consoles

Recognizing the space-poor nature of the initial test, I think I might have found a better hull to try out protonic polaron turret madness - the Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser. 4/4, very flexible Boff seating and you get the science senor analysis toggle which lets you stack an additional +30% to all drains (+60 drainX equivalent).

Inspired by this thread I just packed one full of Elachi turrets (4) and cannons (3) along with a quantum phase torp for set bonus. All double [Acc] with either [Dmg] or [critD] as the third mod. They were pretty much THE cheapest Elachi weapons on the exchange, how nice...

Its a BEAST.
  • Options
    I've been thinking about Single cannon Builds lately. I am wondering if the math works out so they are a viable alternative to all turrets up front. I am going to work on a build such as this and later on in the week post the results here.

Reasons?
    - They have a 180 degree firing arc.
    - They hit a little harder than turrets do.
    - I think I can tweak most of the builds I've posted here so they can be effective with Single Cannons mounted up front.
    - Spike damage should improve. Maybe significantly.

Drawbacks.
    - They use more weapon power.
    - They may not fire the proc as often.
    - I'll have to improve my piloting skills.
    - DPS may drop. Maybe significantly enough to make Single Cannons impractical.

That last one is not a deal breaker for me. I'm not a DPS chaser anyways. But I do like to do enough DPS where others do not have to carry me during an STF or mission. I'm not playing this game enough any more to make going for a 50K plus DPS build worthwhile. As long as I can keep DPS in the 10-12k range, I'm good with it. The original idea for the ships in this thread was for Drain Boats which used drain as an adjunct to Space Magic anyways.

For QeylIss! For the Empire! For SCIENCE! lol
  • Options
    The downside to Single Cannons up front is ... you can't get them to fire in the rear arc. You're basically trading All Arcs for Forward Arc Only.

All Cannons fire on a 3 second cycle ... either 2 seconds on, 1 second off ... or 1 second on, 2 seconds off (Dual Heavy Cannons only). The exception to this is the Experimental Proton Weapon (hybrid) which has a 4 second firing cycle, so it's halfway between Beams and Cannons (and loved by neither). So from a "dice chucks per minute" standpoint, switching from Turrets to Single Cannons won't lose you anything ... so long as you keep everything in your Forward Arc (only). As soon as stuff gets into your Rear Arc though, you'll be losing a LOT of damage throughput AND "dice chucks per minute" ... so ... decide you must, how to serve you best.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I intend to keep a 'double-ended' ship. Torps at both ends. However the ship will be 'single-ended' for energy weapons. So, I am going to have to increase my Turn Rate. Single Cannons have a 180 degree firing arc. I should be able to improve the turn rate just a little bit and keep most of the weapons firing. I'll have to circle and at some point disengage to set up another inbound run. I am using the FT-5U Kamarag set up I posted previously in this thread. It has a decent turn rate to begin with. The 4/4 weapon setup means I am not going to fire any more than 6 weapons at once.

Just trying this out to see what it does. If it does not work the way I think it should then it is back to an all turret setup. I'll have spent some Dil and some Zen to find out for myself more about Single Cannons.

EDIT:
    Purchased the Fed T6 Tactical Carrier yesterday and equipped it with Fleet Phaser weapons. Three cannons upfront, two turrets rear. Also have the Quantum Phase Sets installed. It looks promising so far. Enough so I am playing Blue Side for a bit.
    (GASP! The Horror! Heresy! Burn the Unclean! lol)
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    ...and all the doffjobbers called me mad for making a protonic polaron romulan drainboat too :p

don't fly it much but with those numbers, it looks like what I instinctively felt

Might have to go and protopol my drain support fawboat now for turrets...​​
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    So...I have a DSD i fly on my Rom engineer...I am flying with the protonic arrays (yea yea) but I was wondering..Anyone play with the science consoles? (IF I missed you in the thread im sorry).

I 'm running 4 Epic Console_-_Science_-_Shield_Refrequencers and there kinda interesting..I haven't done a side by side in terms of damage 10% chance vs 2% on the Plasma consoles..If they werent gimped on the Points given per console these could be interesting..

Sadly these do not crit and cant be boosted by ALL damage mods like the plasma consoles.....But ARE boosted by EPG...But..only triggered by shield drain abilities like Tachyon beam, Charged Particle burst, but also works DRB and Heavy Graviton Beam, but not Tykens, ESiphon or Quantum Phase Beam (# piece Weapon set)...

Wish the abilities that it does work with could be used more often..Outside Tachyon beam..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    I had the Protonic sci consoles up until the Temporal Specialization came out. When that happened, I went with the Embassy Consoles. Having the Embassy consoles, when they kick in plus the physical damage DoT from the Temporal spec make for some nice hull melting.

My newest build focuses on the Thoron induced polarons (Radiation DoT) + Embassy Plasma Consoles (Plasma DoT) + Temporal Spec (Physical DoT). We'll see how it goes...
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    burstorion wrote: »
    ...and all the doffjobbers called me mad for making a protonic polaron romulan drainboat too :p

I-Know-Right-copy.jpg
    burstorion wrote: »
    Might have to go and protopol my drain support fawboat now for turrets...​​

oh-the-drama.jpg
    I'm running 4 Epic Console_-_Science_-_Shield_Refrequencers and there kinda interesting..I haven't done a side by side in terms of damage 10% chance vs 2% on the Plasma consoles..If they werent gimped on the Points given per console these could be interesting..

Agreed, those consoles need to be ungimped. And man, if those consoles were reprogrammed to inflict Proton Burn on Critical Hits (like I'm proposing in that thread), we'd finally have a competitor for Embassy Plasma Burn consoles.
    Sadly these do not crit and cant be boosted by ALL damage mods like the plasma consoles.....But ARE boosted by EPG...But..only triggered by shield drain abilities like Tachyon beam, Charged Particle burst, but also works DRB and Heavy Graviton Beam, but not Tykens, ESiphon or Quantum Phase Beam (# piece Weapon set)...

Wish the abilities that it does work with could be used more often..Outside Tachyon beam..

Designed gimped.
    Implemented gimped.
    Gimped AS INTENDED.

"Alex, I'll take Bad Game Design Decisions for 200, please."
  • Options
    It may amuse some of the followers of this thread that I decided to experiment with a DJCT 4-piece set in lieu of the Solanae 4-piece set, and although the change results in a loss of Drain Expertise, it certainly yielded a superior set of Visuals (the Shield is AMAZING!!!). The other thing is that the DJCT set gives me the Proton Shotgun which is ANOTHER way to strip buffs from my targets, of all things, although the 90 second cooldown doesn't help it be a major contributor (because it's a cone instead of a single target like Isokinetic Cannon).

Still ... it "works" ... so long as I'm firing tons of turrets. At some point here I'll have time to take a mess of screenshots and produce another build post for everyone's perusal.

On a side note, one of my fleet mates asked me if I was still flying my "vampire build" ... to which I told him that indeed I was. Next thing I know, he's sending me a PvP invite because he wanted to experience being on the receiving end of it.

Even before he transferred to the map, I told him "this won't end well..."

After defeating him 3-0 in about 5 minutes without ever bringing me below 33% hull, he was saying "this is getting fun, let me get one of my other captains" at which point I had to beg off because I was in the middle of running dailies.

Still, it was kind of interesting to see that the Drain procs were good enough to "turn the lights out" on his 31c ship and cripple him to the point that I really wasn't ever seriously threatened. And I didn't even use the Proton Shotgun ...
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User

On a side note, one of my fleet mates asked me if I was still flying my "vampire build" ... to which I told him that indeed I was. Next thing I know, he's sending me a PvP invite because he wanted to experience being on the receiving end of it.

Even before he transferred to the map, I told him "this won't end well..."

After defeating him 3-0 in about 5 minutes without ever bringing me below 33% hull, he was saying "this is getting fun, let me get one of my other captains" at which point I had to beg off because I was in the middle of running dailies.

Still, it was kind of interesting to see that the Drain procs were good enough to "turn the lights out" on his 31c ship and cripple him to the point that I really wasn't ever seriously threatened. And I didn't even use the Proton Shotgun ...
    Mee NEXT!!!

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Ya know, with all this Drain Boat experimenting going on, we really should pick a weekend time which is convenient for all and spend some quality time together ingame. I have to wonder after playing Days of Doom and Procyon V with pugs all last weekend what five Science Captains in five ships as we've discussed/posted in this thread could accomplish. Granted, we'll be lacking on teamwork except at the most basic level. But, if the intent of this thread is to have fun and shoot the Bad Guys, I wonder how fast five ships whose median Drain Expertise is 400+ could complete an ISA. Or a Gates of Grethor. I am thinking specifically of when the biggest Iconian ship arrives and must be killed. How effective could it spam/gate mobs in with exactly zero power?

Dahar Master Cha@thunderfoot1007, commanding the I.K.S. Death From A Thousand Cuts, will monitor this thread for replies and coordination information.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2016
    Nice build and nice weapons drain. I haven't hit the max proc drain, but I'm close.
    2e2fi1f.jpg

By the way, the Neutronic torp is nice and all, but if you want to decimate shields, try Quantum Phase torp with 2 piece bonus and TS3. I'd love Neutronic more if Bort allowed the TS3 version to drain 3x for x seconds instead of what it does right now, which he says is broken anyway.

It would be nice if they had Dominion Polaron weapons in all flavors. Have you tried Polarized disruptors by the way? I like the damage resistance debuff combined with drain.
    Ya know, with all this Drain Boat experimenting going on, we really should pick a weekend time which is convenient for all and spend some quality time together ingame. I have to wonder after playing Days of Doom and Procyon V with pugs all last weekend what five Science Captains in five ships as we've discussed/posted in this thread could accomplish. Granted, we'll be lacking on teamwork except at the most basic level. But, if the intent of this thread is to have fun and shoot the Bad Guys, I wonder how fast five ships whose median Drain Expertise is 400+ coild complete an ISA. Or a Gates of Grethor. I am thinking specifically of when the biggest Iconian ship arrives and must be killed. How effective could it spam/gate mobs in with exactly zero power?

Dahar Master Cha@thunderfoot1007, commanding the I.K.S. Death From A Thousand Cuts, will monitor this thread for replies and coordination information.

5 uber drain boats in PvP used to be a blast. 5 people all draining 70+ power with weapons procs + tgt subsystem + Voth diplomat doff with TT + Tykens + Energy Siphon gets pretty funny, specially if all are using the Voth Palisade with the uber drain console. Only problem is the idiotic "hot restart" stuff devs have put into the game.

P.S. Just realized it took me 4 months to see this post. Was pretty much away from the game from April to July. Life happnes.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Mee NEXT!!!

Uh ... okay ...? :/
    Ya know, with all this Drain Boat experimenting going on, we really should pick a weekend time which is convenient for all and spend some quality time together ingame. I have to wonder after playing Days of Doom and Procyon V with pugs all last weekend what five Science Captains in five ships as we've discussed/posted in this thread could accomplish. Granted, we'll be lacking on teamwork except at the most basic level. But, if the intent of this thread is to have fun and shoot the Bad Guys, I wonder how fast five ships whose median Drain Expertise is 400+ coild complete an ISA. Or a Gates of Grethor. I am thinking specifically of when the biggest Iconian ship arrives and must be killed. How effective could it spam/gate mobs in with exactly zero power?

I dunno about ISA, since that one's really optimized for different setups (*cough* BFAW *cough*), especially with the DPS checks built into it in the structure that it has. To be honest, the best places for drain builds to shine is ... ordinary PvE missions and, of all things, the Na'Kuhl Alerts. I've also had some pretty good success with my drain builds in the Contested Zone of the Solanae Sphere and in the Badlands Battlezone, where the battles are less ... scripted ... than they are in queues such as ISA. If we had a Mirror Invasion going on right now, that would be close to perfect as a demonstration ground, because it has a lot of shielded targets where it's kind of obvious when "the lights go out" thanks to a drain proc, and at the same time, what is happening is more chaotic than relentlessly predictable, with each invasion playing out slightly differently.
    lucho80 wrote: »
    By the way, the Neutronic torp is nice and all, but if you want to decimate shields, try Quantum Phase torp with 2 piece bonus and TS3. I'd love Neutronic more if Bort allowed the TS3 version to drain 3x for x seconds instead of what it does right now, which he says is broken anyway.

I'm not using the Neutronic as a "shield buster" per se, I'm using it as a supplemental Power Drainer. My Turrets combine for about -30 Power Drain just from the Plasmonic Leech alone. The Neutronic Torp is a reliable -40-ish Drain on top of that, assuming I don't throw a HY1 or TS1 into the mix on top. In many cases, that's enough to make "the lights go out" for a good 5 seconds or so ... during which I'll still be shooting all my Turrets and have TWO chances for each of them to proc their Polaron Drain procs for around -70 Drain, which then KEEPS "the light off" for even longer.

So it's not the Kinetic or even the Radiation Damage that I'm using the Neutronic for ... it's the Power Drain Stacking that makes "the lights go out" so that I'm sending damage straight to hull.
    It would be nice if they had Dominion Polaron weapons in all flavors.

I want a Dominion Polaron Turret SO BAD ... :'(

To be honest though, if I had to do this all over again, I'd be looking for crafted Polaron Turret [Rapid] ... which ironically is what got me started on all this in the first place. Then I tried Protonic Polarons, since I could pick my mods (just not [Rapid]) without having to fight the exchange and realized that all I had to do was get my Critical Hit chance up in order to maximize not just their potential but also the potential of the rest of the build.
    Have you tried Polarized disruptors by the way? I like the damage resistance debuff combined with drain.

No, but I considered the option all the way back in the day. There weren't enough of them on the exchange (with the [Acc] mods I wanted) to make them worthwhile. This was before the infinity boxes, of course.

A lot of people wonder why I'd want [Acc] and [Rapid] on a turret boat (of all things), but I figure that the Accuracy Overflow will ultimately wind up doing a lot more for me when my crippled targets have no Engine Power and thus no Defense, thereby magnifying the effectiveness of Accuracy Overflow for my build to a maximal extent. Just another one of those "huh..." realizations I got from going off the beaten path. ;)
    Only problem is the idiotic "hot restart" stuff devs have put into the game.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I wouldn't expect hot restarts to work against Power Drain. They work against Disable effects, like the Phaser proc (among other things), but they won't work I don't think when dealing with a Drain To Zero Power ... because even if the system restarts it still has ZERO POWER.

This is why I now look at Drain Boat builds as being the better alternative to Phaser procs. That's because Phaser procs will disable ONE system and then trigger a 15 second lockout on additional procs. A Polaron drain proc will deprive power to ALL subsystems simultaneously, not just one at a time, and it DOESN'T have a lockout on additional procs.

Do the math.
    Chuck lots of dice, as fast as you can.
    Profit!!!! B)
    P.S. Just realized it took me 4 months to see this post.

Better late than n- OOH SHINEY!!!! :D
  • Options
    coruunascoruunas Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Time to dust off my TSABC version.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I was not advocating anything specific to be played. I just want to get together with y'all and play. There are some very good ideas and setups here which are most interesting. Setups put together by people who know what they are doing. Setups by people who obviously enjoy thinking outside the box and have influenced others to enjoy this game from a different perspective.

Then, there are the ones I posted. lol.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    Yes, what this game needs is more Kool-Aid!

Sounds like a great idea :smiley:
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    One variant that I started working on this morning, Temporal Battlecruiser. Similar general layout to the initial build, but including things like RS3, SIC 3, the aceton assimilator and the energy web trait. Even as their power reserves are being drained into oblivion their hull is being shredded.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I have been tinkering. Again! lol. This one will stop nearly everything in the game right in its tracks.

**Ship Information**

Name: I.K.S. wa'SanID nav pe'(One Thousand Paper Cuts)
    Class: Fleet Kamarag Battle Cruiser Retrofit (T5-U)
    Intended Role: Thinking outside the box when it comes to ship loadouts and capabilities. Inspired by autumnturning.

Commanding Officer: Dahar Master Cha Herom
    Career: Science
    Faction: Klingon Defense Force
    Species: Lethean
    Primary Specialization: Intelligence
    Secondary Specialization: Command

Notes: Liking the extra HP

Ship Loadout - Final? Why should this refinement of the basic build be considered final?

Fore Weapons
    Krenin Chroniton Torpedo Launcher Mk XIV(VR)
    Protonic Polaron Turret Mk XIV [Acc]x2[CtrH](UR)

Aft Weapons
    Heavy Chronometric Polaron Turret Mk XIV(VR)
    Omni-Directional Chronometric Polaron Beam Array Mk XIV(VR)

Notes: Decided to try out the Polaron enhancing Chronometric Calculations Set. Meant I had to give up the aft torpedo. This is an acceptable trade off, as long as I keep the Turn Rate high enough to be able to use the Torpedo.

Deflector: Terran Task Force Deflector Array Mk XIV
    Impulse: Terran Task Force Impulse Engines Mk XIV
    Warp Core: Terran Task Force Capacitor Warp Core MkXIV
    Shields: Terran Task Force Covariant Shield Array Mk XIV

Notes: I tend to use Sets as wholes rather than mix and match. The Terran Task Force Set has a feature where power levels build past 125 gradually as long as the ship is in combat. This fits in nicely with the pressure build concept. Doesn't hurt to have that extra power for firing off a finishing torpedo either. The Deflector having +60 Drain Expertise is my other reason for using this Set.

Devices
    Subspace Field Modulator
    Temporal Negotiator
    Red Matter Capacitor

Notes: Batteries work well here as well. Tested them with only some loss of capability. The probelem with Batteries is this build eats them like candy. Have plenty on hand if you're going to be in heavy extended combat.

Engineering Consoles
    Conductive RCS Accelerator Mk XIV [DrainX](VR)
    Quantum Phase Converter Mk XIV(VR)
    Zero-Point Energy Conduit Mk XIV (VR)
    Tachyokinetic Converter Mk XIV(Rare)

Notes: Trying to wean myself off Plasmonic Leech, lol. Went through my inventory hunting for Consoles which added to Drain Expertise. Conductive RCS Accelerator is two for one with the the [DrainX] Mod. Quantum Phase Converter adds Aux Power and [DrainX]. Zero-Point Conduit adds Power to all systems, has [DrainX], and increases CrtH as well. These three Consoles total 91.8 Drain Expertise. Tachyokinetic Converter adds to Turn Rate and CrtH.

Science Consoles
    Restorative Particle Focuser Mk XIV [DrainX]x2(UR)

Notes: These four Consoles have 59.4 Drain Expertise each.
    The final Drain Expertise stat with Cha's Abilities and Traits added in comes to 507. Not bad for a non science ship

Tactical Consoles
    Chronometric Capacitor Mk XIV(VR)
    Vulnerabilty Locator (Polaron) Mk XIV(VR)
    Vulnerabilty Locator (Polaron) Mk XIV(VR)

Notes: Along with Drain Expertise, I am trying to bring CrtH up as well. 14.1 %, along with a CrtD of 93.6%, adds to those Flank and rear shots. Yeah, the numbers are low, but one of the points of these builds is to get more chances for Crits more often by taking more shots.

Bridge Officers
    Universal/Tactical (VR Lethean): Torpedo: High Yield I | Cannon: Rapid Fire I
    Tactical (VR Lethean): Torpedo: Spread I | Cannon: Scatter Volley I
    Tactical (VR Lethean): Tactical Team I
    Engineering (VR Lethean): Engineering Team I | Emergency Power to Shields II | Emergency Power to Weapons III | Eject Warp Plasma III
    Science (VR Lethean): Science Team I | Tyken's Rift I | Gravity Well I

Duty Officers
    (VR) Energy Weapons Officer - Chance to reduce the recharge time when using cannon special attacks
    (VR) Projectile Weapons Officer - Chance to reduce the reload time when using torpedoes (Law from Nimbus III)
    (VR) Warp Core Engineer - Chance of temporarily improving your ship power on the use of any Emergency Power ability
    (VR) Development Lab Scientist - Recharge time reduced for Science Team and Buff
    (VR) Gravimetric Scientist - Chance to create an aftershock Gravity Well

Notes: Drain with this setup is 309. Acceptable, if a little low. Accuracy is 24% CrtH is 8% and CrtD is 93%. Again, acceptable if a little low. I'm trying to create the Pressure build autumnturning suggested, so I am reminded a rising tide lifts all boats. Not going to worry about DPS with this one. Grav Wells routinely spawn two more and all three are at maximum reach, effect and duration. Tyken's can stop an NPC battleship as well. In short, the Bad Guys tend to stay where I want them to, lol.

**BRIDGE OFFICERS**
    Universal/Tactical (VR Human): Torpedo: High Yield I | Cannon: Rapid Fire I
    Tactical (VR Human): Torpedo: Spread I | Cannon: Scatter Volley I
    Tactical (VR Human): Tactical Team I
    Engineering (VR Human): Engineering Team I | Emergency Power to Shields II | Emergency Power to Weapons III | Eject Warp Plasma III
    Science (VR Human) | Science Team I | Tyken's Rift I | Gravity Well I

**DUTY OFFICERS**
    Energy Weapon Officer (VR): On activation of beams or cannons, provides a 1% chance to remove 3 random currently applied buffs from your target. Targets hit with this effect become immune to it for 15 seconds.
    Energy Weapon Officer (VR): On activation of beams or cannons, provides a 1% chance to remove 3 random currently applied buffs from your target. Targets hit with this effect become immune to it for 15 seconds.
    Projectile Weapon Officer (VR): 20% chance to reduce recharge time by 5 seconds for all Torpedo Launchers.
    Projectile Weapon Officer (VR): 20% chance to reduce recharge time by 5 seconds for all Torpedo Launchers.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Quantum Phasics (Wheee! I got to indulge my fondness for really bad puns and science at the same time!)

I have two Starfleet chars. One Delta Retread and one Argues About Yesterday. Nope, did not misspell either of those, lol. My Delta got played enough to acquire all the goodies and make it to lvl 60. Then I put him on the beach on half pay. My AoY engineer has not gotten any further into the game than K7. I looked at how the Devs want me to replay the whole damn game all over again just to get some only okay awards and thought, "Nope. Unh Unh." Rafe has matured into a very fine financial manager however. One who provides nearly all of the funding my crackpot schemes require. So much for the Blue Side.

Until lately, that is. My flying and enjoying the T6 Tactical Carriers of the KDF and the Republic got me to thinking about doing the same on the Blue Side. I got interested in T6 Tactical Carriers mostly because they do not seem to be as popular in the game. I think there are more than enough copy/paste LockBox Mega-DPS AP T7 Dreadnoughts in this game already, lol. I put a lot of thought and effort, not to mention EC and Dil, into making my KDF T6 Tactical Carriers fun to fly and effective enough where they were viable endgame ships. Which got me to wondering about the Blue Side's opportunities here. Could I do the same with a Starfleet hull? Well, it looks good so far.

The release of the new Featured Episode made me relook the Quantum Phase Sets. Both of them. Since the Weapons Set enhances Phasers, I purchased some Fleet Phasers as well. I spent today Upgrading all of this to Mk XIV(VR). I decided to make this one a Cannon Boat. Specifically, Single Cannons for'ard, with Turrets aft. Why Single Cannons? Because they're in the game. I usually don't need a reason to do something crazy. And if I have a reason, it normally makes no sense to anyone but me.

SPECIAL SHOUT OUTS! - Goes out from me to autumnturning. Another goes out to the people who inhabit The Science Channel. Thanks to you, this irritable and crusty old lifetime Star Trek fan has found new things to do which make this game fun again. I wish I really had the words to express my gratitude properly.

GOALS
    - Use both of the Quantum Phase Sets.
    - Use the Heavy Escort Modifications Set.
    - Use consoles and gear which is available to everyone, except for the Fleet Phasers.
    - Make something which is fun to fly.

Ship: U.S.S. Alaris Alita-class Heavy Escort Carrier [T6]
    Commanding Officer: Fleet Admiral Tharil Thylyn Othyri(60)
    Career: Science
    Faction: Starfleet
    Species: Andorian
    Primary Specialization: Pilot(4)
    Secondary Specialization: Intelligence(4)
    Notes: I like these two and they seem to work well together. T hasn't progressed far enough yet to try out the rest of the Specializations yet.

Skin
    Interior - Orgin/ Windows - Type 5/ Material - Type 6/ Pattern - None
    Saucier - Alita/ Hull - Akira/ Nacelles - Akira/ Strut - Armitage

Notes: In keeping with my thoughts lately, the ship is named after a Roman Legion cavalry trooper. She is white because I am Olde Schoole and think ALL Starfleet vessels should be white. It was good enough for Kirk, so it is good enough for me. I chose the Type 5 windows because a great many Starfleet vessels look like space going passenger liners. That many portholes cannot be good for the armor protection over the vitals, lol.

Fore Weapons
    Quantum Phase Torpedo Launcher Mk XIV(VR)
    Quantum Phase Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XIV(VR)
    Advanced Fleet Phaser Cannon Mk XIV(UR) [CrtD] [Dmg]x3
    Advanced Fleet Phaser Cannon Mk XIV(UR) [CrtD] [Dmg]x3

Aft Weapons
    Advanced Fleet Phaser Turret Mk XIV(UR) [CrtD] [Dmg]x3

Notes: Phasers are supposed to be Starfleet's preferred weapon. I suppose if I was Crafting Phasers, I'd be trying for the same [Mods].
    Quantum Phase Catalysts Set
    2-pc Bonus: Phase Transfer Optimizations - +15% Accuracy/ Doubles potency of Quantum Phase Weapons shield drain/
    Doubles potency of Quantum Phase High-Yield Torpedo shield heal
    3-pc Bonus: Quantum Destabilizing Beam - to target: ____ Phaser Damage per sec for 10 sec/ to foe: -__ All Power Subsystems per sec/
    to self: +__ All Power Subsystems per sec

Ship Gear
    Deflector: Quantum Phase Deflector Array Mk XIV(VR)
    Impulse: Quantum Phase Combat Impulse Engines Mk XIV(VR)
    Warp Core: Plasma-Integrated Warp Core [Bat] [E->A] [Trans] [WCap] Mk XIV(VR)
    Shields: Quantum Phase Resilient Shield Array Mk XIV(VR)

Notes: Using this Warp Core because of the power regeneration, the battery life extension, and the Weapons Capacitor.
    The Quantum Phase Sets are what this build is centered around.
    2-pc Bonus: Shield Frequency Cycling - +2.5% Maximum Shield Capacity/ Reduce all energy damage to shields by 7.5%
    3-pc Bonus: Energy Weapon Entanglement - to self: +5.4% energy weapon damage for 12 seconds (Max 10 stacks)/
    to foe: -5.4% energy weapon damage for 12 seconds (Max 10 stacks)
    Skills that affect this ability: Science Skill 3 Drain Expertise

Devices
    Standard Weapons Battery

Notes: Usual problems with Batteries. Getting a DOff which extends Battery preformance is nice but not required.

Engineering Consoles
    Conductive RCS Accelerator [Turn] Mk XIV(E)
    Polaric Modulator Mk XIV(VR)
    Trellium-D Plating Mk XIV(VR)

Notes: The first two add to Engine Speed and Turn Rate. The third one boosts Damage Resistance and Hull and Shield HP.

Science Consoles
    Torpedo Point Defense System (E)
    Point Defense System (E)

Notes: The Heavy Escort Modifications Set was also something I wanted to try out. It's not bad.
    2-pc Bonus: Heavy Weaponry - +20% Kinetic Torpedo Damage/ +10% Critical Severity
    3-pc Bonus: Advanced Tactical Systems - +2.5% Critical Chance/ 15% recharge time reduction to Tactical and Pilot Bridge Officer abilities/
    +3% Accuracy

Tactical Consoles
    Quantum Phase Convereter Mk XIV(VR)
    FerroFluid Hydraulic Assembly Mk XIV(VR)
    Destabilized Tachyon Emitters (E)
    Phaser Relay Mk XIV(VR)
    Zero Point Quantum Chamber Mk XIV(VR)

Notes: The Terran Set Console enhances HP and Power and reduces cooldown on torpedos. I used the Phaser Relays and the Zero Point Consoles because not everyone has access to Fleet Spire Consoles.

Hangar
    Advanced Peregrine Fighters.

Notes: These are available from the Dilthium Store. Not everyone has access to Fleet stores.

Bridge Officers
    Lieutenant Universal (VR Hierarchy - Science) : Science Team I/ Feedback Pulse I
    Commander Tactical (VR Human): Tactical Team I/ Torpedo Spread II/ Torpedo High Yield III/ Cannon Rapid Fire III
    Lieutenant Tactical (VR Andorian): Tactical Team I/ Cannon Scatter Volley I
    Lieutenant Commander Engineering/Pilot (VR Betazoid): Engineering Team I/ Attack Pattern Lambda II/ Hold Together II
    Lieutenant Science (VR Andorian): Hazard Emitters I/ Polarize Hull II

Notes: Since I am trying to give Tharil an all Andorian crew, as soon as I can replace the Betazoid and Hierarchy ones I will. The Human is Elisa Flores which is Starfleet's version of Tovan Khev. Unlike Khev, she does not usurp my authority at every opportunity during story missions so she is a lot more tolerable, lol.

Duty Officers
    (VR) Energy Weapons Officer - Chance to reduce the to recharge when using cannon special attacks.
    (VR) Projectile Weapons Officer - (Space) Chance to reduce the time to recharge torpedoes.
    (VR) Deflector Officer - Reduce the time to recharge Deflector Abilities
    (VR) Gravimetric Scientist - (Space) Reuce the time to recharge hangar bays and Boarding Party

Notes: Yeah, I have the extra Duty Officer slot from the Fleet Spire. If I had to use only five DOff slots I'd drop one of the Conn Officers.

Traits
    Personal Space Traits
    Astrophyicist/ Elusive/ Techie/ Bulkhead Technician/ Cannon Training/ Innocuous/ Operative/ Projectile Training/ Thrill-seeker
    Starship Traits
    Coordinated Assault/ Emergency Weapon Cycle/ Improved Pedal to the Metal/ Unconventional Tactics
    Space Reputation Traits
    Enhanced Armor Penetration/ Torpedo Pre-Fire Sequence/ Precision/ Chrono-Capacitor Array.

Notes: I am using the Traits I've picked to up my Crits, Turn Rate and Speed. Over all, she's not a bad little ship. Sturdy enough to get me out of trouble and tough enough to survive the mistakes her Captain makes with such regularity. She'll never lead the DPS boards but she is more than capable of holding her own as part of a group.
  • Options
    oninotaki18oninotaki18 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    So this is a really fascinating build idea that I came across while thinking about if a turret boat is viable now that there has been all sorts of power creep. The last time I built a turret boat it was on a Vo'Quv back in 2012 I think. The main problem then was how much power draw the turrets pulled. So the Idea behind my variation of this build is to reduce power draw as much as possible, while draining a bunch of energy from your target.

Much of this build has not yet been optimized

**Ship Information**

Ship Type: Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser
    Goal: To build a 8 turret boat with minimal weapon power loss while trying to proc as many 2.5% additional damage abilities as possible. So far the build has manged to reduce weapon power cost of each turret down to 5.2 as the base, and 4.7 when using emergency power to weapons.

Career: Engineer
    Faction: KDF
    Species: Alien
    Primary Specialization: Pilot
    Secondary Specialization: Strategist

Fore Weapons
    Protonic Polaron Turret Mk XIV(UR) [ACC]x2 [CrtD]
    Protonic Polaron Turret Mk XIV(VR) [ACC]x2

Aft Weapons
    Protonic Polaron Turret Mk XIV(VR) [CrtH]x2

Space Set
    Deflector: Dyson Mk XIV Epic
    Impulse: Dyson Mk XIV Epic
    Warp Core: Temporal Mk XIII UR
    Shields: Dyson Mk XIV Epic

Devices
    Red Matter Capacitor
    Subspace Field Modulator
    Temporal Negotiator
    Prototype Ablative Jenovite Hardpoints

Engineering Consoles
    Enhanced Neutronium Alloy Mk XIV UR
    Plasmonic Leech
    Breen Energy Dissipator
    Resonate Dissipation Matrix
    Energy Discharge Capacitors

Note: The 3 breen consoles are being used for the 3 item set bonus of -20% weapon Power Cost. When combined with the dreadnought cruiser's weapon system efficiency this is what reduces the weapons power cost of the turrets from 8 to 5.2

Science Consoles
    Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Nullifier Mk XIV [DrainX]

Tactical Consoles
    Vulernability Locator Mk XIV (Polaron)

Notes: Just trying to boost my crit chance to increase the odds of the protonic proc going off.

Hangar Bay
    Elite Presh Brek Frigates

Bridge Officers
    Commander Engineering: Engineering Team I/ Reverse Shield Polarity I/ Emergency Power To Weapons III/
    Auxillary Power to Structural Integrity Field III
    Lieutenant Commander Tactical: Kemocite Laced Weaponry I/ Attack Pattern Beta 1/ Cannon Scatter Volley II
    Lieutenant Tactical: Tactical Team I/ Cannon Rapid Fire I
    Lieutenant Commander Science: Hazard Emitters I/ Energy Siphon I/ Grav Well I
    Ensign Science: Science Team I

Starship Traits:
    Emergency Weapon Cycle
    Point Defense Protocols
    Stay on Target
    Improved Critical Systems
    Greedy Emitters

Notes: Greedy Emitters and Emergency Weapon Cycle reduce turret weapon energy cost even further when energy siphon I or emergency power to weapons III is activated

Space Reputation:
    Omega Graviton Amplifier
    Precision
    Radiant Detonation Matrix
    Auxiliary Power Configuration Offensive
    Enhanced Armor Penetration

Notes: 2 more 2.5% weapon procs here, increased crit chance, increased weapon damage and acc thats goes up as I drain more energy, and armor penetration really help out the damage of the turrets.

Duty Officers
    (VR) Shield Distribution Officer - Attack Pattern Beta Hull Heal
    (VR) Maintenance Engineer - red matter capacitor gives +30 all energy instead of +25
    (R) Warp Core Engineer - (Space) +20 all energy 20% of time after using emergency power to abilities
    (VR) Energy Weapons Officer - (Space) Chance for stacking Crit Severity buff on firing Energy Weapons.
    (VR) Deflector Officer - (Space) Reduce the time to recharge Deflector Abilities

An 8 Turret ship with a hangar. I dont think anyone is flying this specific combination based on trying to lower weapon energy costs while boosting weapon energy from drains and trying to proc as many 2.5% weapon procs as possible at the same time. It is a lot of fun to play, and it is fantastic to have a build in the back of my head finally see the light of day due to the information in this informative thread.
  • Options
    That's the spirit! Welcome to the thread! Like what I am seeing, too. Until you posted I had not thought about using the Breen Rezreth as a hull to experiment with. It's fun to fly something which is different, isn't it? Even more fun when you hit on the right combination and your idea is not only doable but viable for endgame as well. I don't have some of the gear you do, but I do have the ship and I am going to check this build out.
  • Options
    Ok so after getting my hands on the Ateleth this what I knocked together, the same basic design with a few bells and whistles.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/ed6e27bf5c2a6913d80cd57148eca4a7
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Not a big fan of either the skillplanner at stoacademy or storeddit builds websites. They are really pretty and easy to use but there is no good place to explain the why behind the choices made about a build. The why is important. I want to always start an explanation of a build with the why. So people who are not as familiar and comfortable with this game as I am can see the reasons for the choices I made. The other reason I post the way I do is so people who are more knowledgeable about this game than I am can read and critique my build here. Which is nearly everyone else who plays this game, lol.

One of the other things I try to do is make a build most anyone can copy with a ship which has the largest availability ingame. Along with gear which also has the widest availability ingame. I have some exclusive gear which I like and use frequently. But how many people playing this game right now have access to a Red Matter Capacitor? I want the woman who has only about two or three hours of free time a week to be able to put together something I've posted, or something similar, and go play and have fun using a ship which is effective.