test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Oh no! Is this really true? (spoilers)

Comments

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    is this just a pathetic way for them to get people to buy the TOS uniforms after the AOY toon goes to the 25th century. No you can't wear those clothes anymore cause they don't fit in but you can buy your old clothes back if you want to wear them.

Just for the record, this isn't true. I've tested on Tribble, and you do in fact get to keep all of your TOS uniform parts when you reach the 25th century. You don't lose access to them. There are small bits of mission dialogue that suggest you "should" change your uniform, but you don't have to (you just have to interact with the tailor once to advance the mission), and even if you do change, you still have the TOS parts available in the tailor. (Or I do, at any rate. And since Tribble on the C-Store is disabled, I doubt it's my C-Store unlock showing up.)

just to put you strait, you do not need access to the c-store on tribble to enable you to have access on tribble to any items you have purchased from the c-store on holodeck so if you purchased the ToS uniform unlock on holodeck and you then copy a character to tribble the unlock will be available to any other character on tribble that is allowed to access it in just the same as it is on holodeck.
    this goes for any characters you create on tribble after you have copied a character from holodeck, if c-store items are an account unlock then it will work in just the same way as it would if you created a new character on holodeck.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Guys ... Comeon did you really hoped for a ToS faction ? Lol , im glad it's just a recruit event , i don't want to see 23 century , and ToS crappy ship designs near the 25 th century ones , it dosen't have Logic , allso the damn Connie , it's place is not here and now.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    I shall now demonstrate the 3rd principle of Temporal Aikido by waiting attentively, allowing the actual future to crush all your hopes and dreams. Why argue about it now -- with bad data, hearsay, and utterly delusional fantasizing being thrown into the ring -- when it'll be here soon enough to speak for itself?

And what do we do in the mean time, especially since snoggymack22's brazzers cooperation isn't on the the table anyway?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    kerygan wrote: »
    Guys ... Comeon did you really hoped for a ToS faction ? Lol , im glad it's just a recruit event , i don't want to see 23 century , and ToS crappy ship designs near the 25 th century ones , it dosen't have Logic , allso the damn Connie , it's place is not here and now.

This is more than just a recruitment event. For new players, they'll get a character that will supply their future characters with account wide gear that may not be obtainable again. For the old, they get a chance to gain rewards that will go to help them down the road with future characters.

There's also the fact that there's plenty of stuff still coming down the pipeline. We've seen a Tutorial and 6 missions so far with the faction with as many as 6-8 weeks left before the expansion drops. LoR and Delta Rising were both put up in parts over the course of 2 months. Since we're dealing with time travel, what if our agent is able to travel back and forth between the TOS age and the current age doing the fed faction missions in between travels?

There's also a specialization coming, a new reputation, possibly a new battle or adventure zone, new queues, and faction more content for all factions that I'm sure is still to come. I really wish people can remain optimistic.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I said it before, and I'll say it again until someone proves me wrong...

They (cryptic) are doing the best that they (cryptic) can (are able to do).

It's physically, financially, managerially, culturally and organizationally impossible for Cryptic to do a better job on this, than they're already doing.

they don't have the ability to do better.

If this were even remotely true then there needs to be some serious firing and hiring going on. Or PWI just axe the studio. But since it isn't true, stop spewing drivel.

I am going to disagree because you need to weigh each of those categories against one another.
    Physically = This is what the engine and servers and the low end users can manage.
    Financially = Has to make a profit. (Hate to sound condescending there but that is what it always boils down to.)
    Managerially = As set down by the parent/holding company for what they may do to be in line with their other products. (This might be the big stumbling block as, personally, the only other PWE games worth it are Champions and Neverwinter. Hmm I sense a pattern.)
    Culturally = CBS/Hollywood oversight. (All the high end Connie threads shot down by CBS. Need to be in SAG or compliance to use actual actors for voice talent, etc.)
    Organizationally = Not all your talent can do everything. See my signature quote for a great example.

Balancing this five legged table is tricky and sadly the only way to do better than they are already doing requires an injection of cash from a not profit seeking source. Example: Lottery winning STO player donates a million to hire ten people to do nothing but fix bugs. Or pay for voice acting, etc.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    I am optimistic about future ships , and everything that brings money , but not story lines and game fun content
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    And what do we do in the mean time?
    Waiting attentively is "doing" :).
    The Aikidoka usually approaches conflict with hands empty. Do not mistake this for being unarmed. When compelled to fight, the Aikidoka fully intends to hit you with the largest weapon available: the planet.

The master of Temporal Aikido adds two more ever-present weapons to this arsenal: The Future, and The Past.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Well, I've gone from giddy, to optimistic, to pessimistic about the expansion. I try to retain a little bit of hopefulness. If done well with at least as much faction specific content as the Romulans got I think this would have been huge for the game and brought back a lot of lost players.

Of course new players won't know the difference so they may be happy with it. And like console this is probably designed for new players with little interest given to old friends. Old friends are like gold... sold for scrap.

Unfortunately, if there is not much further faction specific content this expansion will be pilloried and make DR look like a masterpiece.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I guess we just need to wait and see how this plays out, it may be better then it looks at the moment.
    as it stands I will create a ToS character if only for the account rewards but even if they add extra missions I am not very hopeful of adding this character to my line up of mains like I would have done if he had been another faction entirely instead of this ToS/fed we have been given and that goes even if they add another 50 unique ToS missions, without a home base to return to in between missions with unique maps that only ToS characters can visit like the romulans have this will never be a true faction in my eyes.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    I'm expecting a fed, sorry, 'multifaction' ebc raider type ship to arrive eventually now there is a reason it can be done as long as its stated its made after the unification of the factions

From what I can see, this is just an excercise in shovelling ships and bolstering the new characters made/time players are in game metric​​
  • tyrionjkirktyrionjkirk Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I have to say I was interested in more TOS content for the new TOS Character I wanted to create. I was really hoping we could explore the new TOS sector block after the TOS missions were completed. My biggest concern from what I have read from several sources is that there is no more TOS ships past your T1 ship you start with and are thrust into the future using the current content to continue your leveling to 40 and beyond. As well we a required to change from the TOS uniform to a current uniform. So my free immersion ends at level 10 instead of level 40 for a TOS character. I am then requred to buy the Temporal agent Pack to have TOS ships from 10 to 40 and purchase the TOS Uniform for the look of a TOS character. All other factions have free content to level 40. So if this is true it would truly mean this is just a new tutorial for the current Fed faction and not a "Faction" at all. From what I have read it sounds like the 6 episodes are really well done which makes me happy.

I will wait for more blog posts but I am super disappointed if this turns out to be true. I have no problem buying stuff in this game with real money if I want it and I have purchased a lot of stuff. I was planing on buying the Temporal Agent Pack and the TOS bridge pack but this looks like a required purchase for content for stuff in other factions that was free up to level 40. PWE money grab, tease them with TOS content then if you want to continue your TOS experience buy this $129 pack oh and the $5 non ripped TOS uniform. Not cool in my book. Time and more blog posts will tell......sigh
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    wil zey be adzing diz t6 cony stuffz?

CBS said no! Duh!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    hypl wrote: »
    ...Except for a T6 connie. C'MON!!! :s

Give it time.

Considering how you can command a K'T'Inga of T5 and T6, using a D7-costume on it, one can really only facepalm over CBS' attitude towards a T5/T6-Constitution... it's just a TV-channel... why do they care what tier a ship that's in a show they own copyright for is in an MMO (They allowed the ship to be in, so what does the Tier mean to THEM). It's a joke. A big one. And that joke was on a 5-year mission.
    hypl wrote: »
    ...Except for a T6 connie. C'MON!!! :s

Give it time.

Considering how you can command a K'T'Inga of T5 and T6, using a D7-costume on it, one can really only facepalm over CBS' attitude towards a T5/T6-Constitution... it's just a TV-channel... why do they care what tier a ship that's in a show they own copyright for is in an MMO (They allowed the ship to be in, so what does the Tier mean to THEM). It's a joke. A big one. And that joke was on a 5-year mission.

Truth is ... they don't care. If you check out [redacted] by using google and searching [redacted] you'll see exactly how much of a red herring the CBS Said No argument truly is in 2016.

:smile:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Truth is ... they don't care. If you check out [redacted] by using google and searching [redacted] you'll see exactly how much of a red herring the CBS Said No argument truly is in 2016.

:smile:

And that's the sad part of it. Nobody cares, but there's still a legal-barrier on that matter, for no reason. It's like they have a guaranteed moneypot standing around without actually taking it. A C-store T5&6-Connie would sell like crazy. Like, *really crazy*. It's not like CBS wouldn't get their piece of the cake.
    edited May 2016
    Someday ... our ship will come!

(It's just an expression! ... OR IS IT?)

duhn-duhn-DUHN!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Someday ... our ship will come!

(It's just an expression! ... OR IS IT?)

duhn-duhn-DUHN!

Just sit, wait, don't hope, and umm... wait more, wait a lot more and perhaaaaaaps get positively surprised someday :smiley:
  • saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    A C-store T5&6-Connie would sell like crazy. Like, *really crazy*.

*Citation needed
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    What is clear, however, is that there is no dedicated social zone for the TOS faction after the Battle of Caleb IV. I do hope they reconsider that part.

I mean, it could even be a 31st century "temporal agent training camp" base, reachable via the Aenigma nebula in Earth orbit, or even a simple temporally displaced copy of 23rd century ESD. But something that is exclusively for the new faction is certainly required to call it a faction.

I agree. There has to be a hub out of time for the TOS characters. Otherwise the whole expansion and experience will be over in less than 2 hours. In other words, after that 2 hours you're really just a Fed.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    What is clear, however, is that there is no dedicated social zone for the TOS faction after the Battle of Caleb IV. I do hope they reconsider that part.

I mean, it could even be a 31st century "temporal agent training camp" base, reachable via the Aenigma nebula in Earth orbit, or even a simple temporally displaced copy of 23rd century ESD. But something that is exclusively for the new faction is certainly required to call it a faction.

I agree. There has to be a hub out of time for the TOS characters. Otherwise the whole expansion and experience will be over in less than 2 hours. In other words, after that 2 hours you're really just a Fed.
    It's even worse. If you take the games story serious, the character is supposed to blend in to the 25th century, meaning no 23rd century uniforms, ships or other stuff.
    Just be a normal Starfleet guy.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Imagine a connie in a lockbox......
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Just the Mirror, Terran, and other such uniforms used in the 25th Century on Starfleet personnel.

And unless they mucked up the Stats on that ship like they did with the Galaxy on first release, it could drive sales to the point that the non-DPS crowd would 'need' nothing else from the C-Store.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    wil zey be adzing diz t6 cony stuffz?

fhdp-fleet.org/leaks

I would edit your post if I were you.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    edited May 2016
    nvm
    kekvin wrote: »

But CBS. They said no. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    kekvin wrote: »

Commander Kurn would say "On a klingon ship, I would have killed you for offering your.... suggestion."
    jonsills wrote: »
    They tried making a Pakled FE, but they couldn't make it go.

Ok, this is possibly one of the best posts I've read all year!

:smiley:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User

Wouldn't the Captain's Table area make perfect sense for a Time Traveler's faction gathering place? Does the place just need some sprucing up?
    nikeix wrote: »
    Wouldn't the Captain's Table area make perfect sense for a Time Traveler's faction gathering place? Does the place just need some sprucing up?

Would at least give it a purpose. Aside from looking around one time and noticing how there's nothing you could do there right now.
    Yeah I think it works for me. Maybe if one of the rooms was given a TOS look as well that would be nice, but it would be a convenient place to have the hub.

If they want to be sticklers about the story and blending in I think it still works. Maybe you have a special code to beam over there etc...