test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some Praise for the developers, and some ideas how to make this game better?

Comments

• Options
    puckerbrushpuckerbrush Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Hint-STO is a near textbook example of how supply and demand works.
    M6SiKbG.gif
    Please spay and neuter your Caitians
  • Options
    jros83jros83 Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    "Hey Fleet, you all need to make STO forum accounts. We need to represent yo!"
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    to hell with EC/Lobi...if it's going to be a Ferengi item, make it cost LATINUM​​

For a Nagus staff, this makes absolute sense.

DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    most GPL i ever had was 2.6 million, so it's going to be above that​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    On reflection, I'm totally sold on it being a GPL item with an amazing high cost for what it does, most especially if it's a Ferengi themed leadership/superiority item.

And the opt out device should be similar. At least 250k GPL or more.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    jros83 wrote: »
    szim wrote: »
    @jros83 @thekodanarmada Would you two stop already? How many more threads need to be closed because you two don't get along?

Yes, and we're all now impressed by you. Good job. Because letting it be was totally not the best option.

Just a passing comment jros, but you are starting to come off very badly, you seem to be burning bridges like there is no tomorrow. Just chill out a bit dude.
  • Options
    equinox976 wrote: »
    szim wrote: »
    @jros83 @thekodanarmada Would you two stop already? How many more threads need to be closed because you two don't get along?

Yes, and we're all now impressed by you. Good job. Because letting it be was totally not the best option.

Just a passing comment jros, but you are starting to come off very badly, you seem to be burning bridges like there is no tomorrow. Just chill out a bit dude.

lol and you're not stirring the pot at all. Thank you for your "advice." It is noted. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    lol and you're not stirring the pot at all. Thank you for your "advice." It is noted. :)

Um, no actually I am not. My first interaction with you was on your (now closed) thread in which I posted a bit of encouragement regarding your feeling 'silly' and a bit of humor. Since then you have gone on a rampage attacking pretty much anyone who happens to disagree with you.

It is a 'forum' after all, people are allowed to have differing opinions or things would be boring.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Um, no actually I am not. My first interaction with you was on your (now closed) thread in which I posted a bit of encouragement regarding your feeling 'silly' and a bit of humor. Since then you have gone on a rampage attacking pretty much anyone who happens to disagree with you.

It is a 'forum' after all, people are allowed to have differing opinions or things would be boring.

You're full of TRIBBLE dude. It's very obvious the ONE SINGLE PERSON I have a problem with. You're just trying to leech off the drama of others. Move on. Stop keeping it going. No one is going to think less of you for not getting last word. But thank you and have a nice one :)
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Hm a lot of threads are being derailed atm. I just hope that's because we've all finished much of the current game content and are impatiently waiting for the new season to arrive ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2016

You're full of TRIBBLE dude. It's very obvious the ONE SINGLE PERSON I have a problem with. You're just trying to leech of the drama of others. Move on.

Riiight.....you have done nothing to dig yourself into this grave of your own making?..... ok cya pal :)
    kirk-20.gif?w=650

Post edited by equinox976 on
  • Options

You're full of TRIBBLE dude. It's very obvious the ONE SINGLE PERSON I have a problem with. You're just trying to leech of the drama of others. Move on.

Riiight.....you have done nothing to dig yourself into this grave of your own making?..... ok cya pal :)
    kirk-20.gif?w=650

Right, you're totally not stirring the pot to amuse yourself and playing the Last Word Game at the same time. Ok, see ya pal :)
  • Options
    risian4 wrote: »
    Hm a lot of threads are being derailed atm. I just hope that's because we've all finished much of the current game content and are impatiently waiting for the new season to arrive ;)

Well if the server were up right now I'd be playing and not on the forum, so I would have missed all the BS from those Starfleet Dental trolls. True story.
  • Options

The forums always go a bit crazy when the servers are down. Some get a little but more crazy than others :D
  • Options

The forums always go a bit crazy when the servers are down. Some get a little but more crazy than others :D

Now you're making sense mate.
  • Options

While I'm certain that applied effort here could result in a better game, the same cannot be said for better game players.
  • Options

True, it happened yesterday too though. There is more going on than can be explained by the servers being down imo :o
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I have absolutely no problem with "social devices" as long as they are 100% opt-out. And no, I don't mean "spend large amount of currency on an option to nullify them", I mean a simple option in your game settings that even a brand new player with no currency can use. If that is the case, I have no issue with people having whatever device they want.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    Getting back to the original topic(s)....
    3. Create some "user creative zones" where we can build a city, or a space station, or whatever. Minecraft but then on steroids with a structure, or part of a space station, or maybe a shop... create a player unique part of the game, that other players can visit, and see. Introduce new elements into the game that create another level of gameplay.

Not sure if the OP is aware of the foundry, but this does pretty much that (alot of awesome missions and exploration to be had there). That said, I think it would be interesting to have a 'live' foundry in which collaborations between fleets/friends could be created (on a holodeck at starfleet academy perhaps?). As for player run 'shops', I would love this (along with player housing).

I used to have a house with various vendors in Ultima Online, some kind of social zone with that kind of mindset could be interesting/fun to explore.
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Interesting... Maybe having a % chance for gear to lose a quality level? Such as a piece of epic gear going down to Ultra Rare quality?
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options

While I'm certain that applied effort here could result in a better game, the same cannot be said for better game players.

Forum activity good or bad has absolutely no bearing on a player.
  • Options
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    Interesting... Maybe having a % chance for gear to lose a quality level? Such as a piece of epic gear going down to Ultra Rare quality?

Will the costs of upgrading equipment so high that would not float with most people :dizzy:

That said, the 'death penalty' in STO is pretty much none existent. Whilst I think 'death penalties' are basically 'fun vampires' I do think something should be done about the people who have half a screens worth of debuffs joining STF's (perhaps enforcing repair after a certain amount of debuffs/time period).
  • Options

On the contrary, forums behavior is absolutely reflective of the player. We are what we type.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I have absolutely no problem with "social devices" as long as they are 100% opt-out. And no, I don't mean "spend large amount of currency on an option to nullify them", I mean a simple option in your game settings that even a brand new player with no currency can use. If that is the case, I have no issue with people having whatever device they want.

We have a winner.

/thread
  • Options

On the contrary, forums behavior is absolutely reflective of the player. We are what we type.

And this is categorically untrue, but believe what you wish my young Padawan
  • Options
    nabreeki wrote: »
    One thing I find very disappointing about STO is the lack of a "penalty" for character death. The injuries accumulated in STFs are not a big deal -- I've received 50 of them in the past and still managed to get through PvE queues all right.

Since death = failure (whether it's the fault of the team, the player's poor build, lack of knowledge of basic game mechanics, personal failures, space poverty, etc.), then players should be punished for failure. Maybe 2 hour debuff at first, and, if you continually die, a rank reduction. Maybe losing some exp now and then is a good thing. Everquest is still considered one of the best MMO's ever made, and dying in that game was nothing short of a tragedy.

While I don't want to compare games, and the age of EQ has passed, I think it's a little silly for us to be able to blow through Fed/KDF ships, as the commanding officer, without some sort of severe punishment for repeated failure.

This might be good. But I'd rather see them fix the weird threat generation first. As long as I can still be targeted by multiple spheres without even doing anything to them while another player FAW's everything but is ignored because he has some fancy -Threat consoles, I don't think this would be a good idea.

Also, it might kill PUGing. No one is going to play a PUG'ed mission anymore if you run the risk of being the only one who's able to do some damage. Right now the random component of PUG-missions can be reason enough to PUG, if you're going to receive huge penalties for being the only decent player in the team and thus get fired upon by all enemies, it won't be such an enjoyable experience anymore.

Making deaths costly to the player is a good idea, but they'd need to fix some other things before it would work. And perhaps lower penalties for PUGs.
  • Options

If this option would include that you also don't notice the effects of such devices, I would support it.

This discussion has been closed.