test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,047 Community Moderator
    Jadzia: *looks between Jessica and Seventeen*
    Krystal: *Observes the Herald before sliding up next to Rose and Jessica* That Herald looks different. Granted its a lot of time between us, but still...

And... M'Tara... she was on Lae'nas III...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (*explodes things*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Another Herald shows up, and waves it's hand at the group. As it does a holographic shell forms.

M'Tara'ren: Most intresting, temporal travelers like the other one. M'Tara'luaron, take these to the other temporal traveler. I will ask M'Tara to speak with our new travelers as soon as possible.

The Herald leaves while the other one stays behind and shows you to another platform. You see an Iconian standing over another Iconian. That Iconian is on the ground standing still.

Rose: Seems that history was written by the victorious with respect to the Iconians.

Sela: How can you say that?
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,224 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Seventeen: What's up? *looks at Jadzia*

Jessica: *To Sela* They seem nice. *walks over to the iconians* What happened here?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,047 Community Moderator
    Jadzia: Lowest Brass on the totem pole so to speak.
    Krystal: *to Sela* 200,000 years is a long time Sela. People can change. *follows Jessica*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Seventeen: Hey don't worry about it you'll get there. *slaps Jadzia's arm reassuringly*
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Shon: Admiral Greymane, we have no reserves, all ships are engaging the Iconians here in Terran Orbit.

****+++

Sela: A Klingon can not change its ridges.

Rose uses a tricorder: Looks like he got an infection, an intresting infection. (Rose pulls a hypo out and wishes to inject it into the Iconian) Its a disease that we have encountered before, is the name of the traveller, Kagran?

S'larien: Yes, i was the one to greet the traveller.

Rose: Its a common virus amongst his people, and since our species has regualr contact we have had it in our systems too. Thsi should help quickly. you just got dehydrated from it.

K'ren: Thank the preservers, travellers.

S'larien, getting up: I do feel better, I guess I shoudl see a helaer about making sure the virus is properly studied. (the two Iconains walk off as Kagran is walking towards you)

Sela: Why did you do that, we coudl have killed them with a virus.

Rose just rolls her eyes at her/
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Krystal: *waves at Kagran before turning on Sela and giving her a deadpan look*
    Jadzia: Klingons can't change their ridges because that's a physical trait. We could very well be looking at a societal or social change. Just like how Humans were once tribal hunter-gatherers. They certainly aren't that now. Well... relatively speaking due to temporal mechanics.
  • Options
    (who's s'larien? that isn't the name of any of the 12 iconians - these are the other 9
    K'Lessa
    K'Rynn
    L'Mimi
    L'Nea
    N'Shel
    S'Rissa
    T'Kay
    V'Lar
    V'Rera

no s'larien)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    (An Iconain who didn't make it perhaps?)
  • Options
    (well, unless it was that one sela ended up shooting, i think every other iconian was a named one)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Jessica: Maybe we can be tourist for a little bit.

*Seventeen looks around*
  • Options
    Krystal: I kinda like that idea. I just... Seeing Iconia in its prime... almost like seeing the Lost City of Atlantis.
  • Options
    *back in the present*

damn it...well, guess it's time to call in the last of my reinforcements and have some ships divert to jupiter then​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (so how many died?)

Kagran: these Iconians are amazing. I have spent these 2 weeks waiting for you to appear, and I beleive that the one who killed of the Iconians were the one who said they were oppressors. They are more gracious or jovial, but they aren't demons, thier code is more akin to the Vulcans before the time of the Federation.

Sela: So you have gone native on us?

Kagran: Hardly, but I do have honor, and I knwo my duty. If we do the deed, we still need to show both sides of history. Only then cna we figure out how to stop this from happeneing again?

Sela: Bah, bleeding hearts, all of you.

Capt Rose to Veronica: Does she have to go back with us?

Rose: Sela, if you don;t stop being hysterical, we wont be abel to do anything but watch from a cell.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Veronica: Probably...

Seventeen: Sela I will knock you out. *taps her wrist implant that can fire a neural blast*
  • Options
    Krystal: I will not condemn innocent people Sela. And if these people in this time are innocent...
    I may only be a Princess, but I'm sure I can still punch an Emperess for being stupid.
    *Looks at Kagran*
    So Kagran... we get to meet our hosts now? I'm eager to know more about what we got ourselves into.
    Jadzia: I may not have a neural blast implant, but I do have enhanced strength for an old fashioned knock out.
  • Options
    (sela, you could stand to have a little bleeding heart of your own...literally as well as figuratively)

*multiple stargate-style hyperspace portals begin opening around the alliance and iconian fleet, various daggeresque warships of various sizes exiting the rifts before a massive portal opens and spits out a highly familiar ship*, which then sends out a general hail* This is Emperor Alexander Greymane of the Lythari Imperium flagship Indomitable to the Iconian fleet - surrender now and you will be allowed to depart in peace; refuse and you will be destroyed

(*it's the exact same ship as the night's embrace)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Sela: Princesses are usually seen, not heard, and married of to old men. Anyways, here comes that Herald.

M'tara'ren: I am sorry, but M'Tara will see you now. Will you follow me to the park?

The Herald leads the way to the park. You see M'tara is the flesh walking away from some other sapients.

M'Tara: Ah, Kagran, I see your companions have showed up. I am M'Tara, the head diplomat dealing with other sapients. How may I help you?

Rose, to Jessica: We cna see that M'Tara was at least always level headed for two hundred thousand years. Thsoe guys look like trouble, and not in a good way.

Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Krystal: Thank you for the hospitality M'Tara. Who were those guys you were talking to? They kinda look... less than pleasant to deal with.
  • Options
    Jessica: It is strange. Huh...
  • Options
    (what, no response? i think a statement like that deserves a response from the iconians)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    M'Tara: they are emissaries from 2 sapients that are trying to get us to help them against one another. We tried to explain to them that we can not help them. We do nto wish to upset thier evolutionary course. We have seen too many times that our advances used in ways that usually get the younger races destroyed one or another. A race called the Taurogs had just come out of a war in which their genetic codes was severely damaged. We let them have some of genetic engineering equipment. They did indeed repair the damage to their genetic code, but it destroyed their immune systems. They were forced to live inside sterile environments for the rest of their lives. They didn't survive long as a race of intelligent machine destroyed their fleet for encroaching in their space.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (intelligent machines...not the borg?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: I see. My people have similar laws regarding contact with less advanced species. We also do not get involved in the internal affairs of other species. We allow them to develop on their own.
    Jadzia: *bites her lip, hoping these intelligent machines weren't the Borg. Granted her knowledge of Borg history is somewhat lacking even after being one for a few years.*
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    M'Tara: You are an intresting group, 3 sets of you have the exact same DNA as the other, 3 of you have bio-mechanicla nanites in your bodies, 2 of you seem to be from a different place then the others, yet you all know each other.

Rose: Yeah, we all are explorers and travellers, some more then others.

(As a herald coems up to M'Tara, it is clothed differntly from the others. Another Iconain comes, it apperas to be L'Miren.)

L'Miren: M'Tara, i will keep the newcomers company while you have your discussions with T'Ket.

M'Tara: T'Ket, may the Preservers grant me strength, sorry newcomers.

L'Miren: T'Ket is far differet from the rest of us. She is from a stock of warriors, but she has not seen battle. She seeks to prove herself to her ancestors, but thankfully the Iconians have been able to not fight a war since M'Tara was a child.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Seventeen: Yeah no one knows who made them.
  • Options
    (Actually... pretty sure it was L'Miren)

Krystal: I am familiar with warriors. As for our group... well... lets just say that my ship has a reputation for being the weirdest in the fleet. *sideways smile*
  • Options
    (*pokes everyone* no one replied yet)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Veronica: That would be an understatement Krys.