test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Holodeck Connection Issues

Comments

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,994 Arc User
    I just put the smallest guy on the WWE 2K16 roster into a steel cage with Brock Lesnar, me playing as Lesnar of course and imagine the smaller guy is Mr you know who.

NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      suchsights#6315 suchsights Member Posts: 5 Arc User
      Well, managed about a hour today - now back to not being able to log in at all. Most annoying thing is I'm a new player and if I can just hand in my mission I'll hit 50 for the first time. I want that next tier! :tongue: :
    • Options
      daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
      I just imagine him being the guy last in line for the privy at Club 47...
      And having a very small bladder.
      >:)
      STO Member since February 2009.
      I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
      Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
      upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    • Options
      texasred79texasred79 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
      Well, three guesses what's happening again? G'wan, take a guess.
    • Options
      dirkmanderin#5461 dirkmanderin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
      Here we go again. Goddamn it Cryptic! Do something about this DDOS TRIBBLE.
    • Options
      kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
      Yet again, the game's down. Real nice.
    • Options
      apathycurveapathycurve Member Posts: 6 Arc User
      Okay, guys; this is getting to be ridiculous. Either take steps to secure your servers better or find this little TRIBBLE. and put him in jail. I'm tired of my evening leisure time being held hostage by some petulant spoiled brat.
    • Options
      ninzombie14ninzombie14 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
      Ok, second night in a row...On for MAYBE 45 minutes, account server down again. What in the Federation is going on?!
    • Options
      xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
      *unlocks torpedo magazines* ready for battle. laughing trendy? go for it, use all the torpedoes up if you have to.
      Murphy's laws:
      1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
      2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
      3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
    • Options
      demoniagothdemoniagoth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS, REALLY, I WONT BECOME A MONTHLY SUBSCRIBER IF THIS KEEPS HAPPENING.
    • Options
      texasred79texasred79 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
      It's getting to where it's almost pointless to log in because before long this tokhe stravv' will start his gagny scripts and knock us all offline again. And it seems like the hosting IT department doesn't give a good damn about it.
    • Options
      vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
      I take it we're under attack AGAIN
      tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
      arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 211 Arc User
      Okay, guys; this is getting to be ridiculous. Either take steps to secure your servers better or find this little TRIBBLE. and put him in jail. I'm tired of my evening leisure time being held hostage by some petulant spoiled brat.

I must agree this is growing rather tiresome and frankly should have been dealt with permanently the first few couple of times it took place.
    • Options
      jslatersjslaters Member Posts: 36 Arc User
      yea i have lost connection 5 times in the last 10 min. i wish they can fix this.
    • Options
      djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
      Looks like the little s*** woke from his nap and is missing his juice box.
      Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
    • Options
      pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
      Our team is currently investigating the DDOS that is affecting Holodeck.
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,183 Community Moderator
      texasred79 wrote: »
      It's getting to where it's almost pointless to log in because before long this tokhe stravv' will start his gagny scripts and knock us all offline again. And it seems like the hosting IT department doesn't give a good damn about it.

What can they do? If the Pentagon can't stop a DDoS, what can Cryptic do?
      FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS, REALLY, I WONT BECOME A MONTHLY SUBSCRIBER IF THIS KEEPS HAPPENING.

Its not Cryptic's fault. Its a piece of Shtako hacker script jockey getting off on his annual Power Trip against Neverwinter.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      There are numerous ways to mitigate DDOS attacks. Apparently Cryptic is to stupid or cheap to implement them.
    • Options
      demoniagothdemoniagoth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      And how many times and days and weeks is this going to happen
    • Options
      Our team is currently investigating the DDOS that is affecting Holodeck.

Maybe you guys should hire a third party to help you figure out how to deal with this DDOS problem?
    • Options
      ninzombie14ninzombie14 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
      I am not a subscriber but I dump enough money into this game by buying ZEN - the service outage is getting a little out of hand...and every time whomever or whatever is digging at the Holodeck, the moment it let's up, 1000's of players try to log in bogging everything down even more, then the problem starts all over again.
    • Options
      captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
      I was wondering why I got disco'd and got a Login2_Timeout when I tried to get back on....
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,183 Community Moderator
      And how many times and days and weeks is this going to happen

I think a few days at least based on past incidents.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited January 2016
      FFS... can't even get my doffing and dil collection done cuz of this dweeb. I don't normally condone violence, but in this case, I'm tempted to look the other way. >_>
    • Options
      captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
      There are numerous ways to mitigate DDOS attacks. Apparently Cryptic is to stupid or cheap to implement them.

Sony has tonnes more money available to them and they still have problems, and worse ones at that.
    • Options
      masondixon1masondixon1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      Well, now that ARC is offline again, I'm gonna have to go be responsible. TRIBBLE.
    • Options
      nxnovacatnxnovacat Member Posts: 83 Arc User
      *Spacedock Doors Locked* Okay Command Mirra, Ready Phasers and Quantum Torpedoes. We're blowing this petaQ open!
      :)

Please restore control to ESDs bay doors. I have stuff to do :P
    • Options
      vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
      Has there been some new development to set him off again? I mean he started attacking us months ago over this or that, then things got relatively quite again, maybe he lost interest, now he's back. Is there any rhyme or reason to it at all? Just wondering why he trying to ruin all our evenings THIS TIME, is all.
      tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
      vanbuzkirk2vanbuzkirk2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      Is it bad I want to take a bounty out on this little turdsuckers fingers?