What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [Decemeber 3rd, 2015]

Comments

• Options
    pigsbanepigsbane Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    saber120 wrote: »
    Now, after posting the incorrect times on the pre-launcher which is in perfect line with your complete inability or unwillingness to communicate with your customers, you fixed the times yet now they're unfixed again as you take longer than announced. You are the absolute worst game company in the history of the world. Do you even get embarassed anymore? If I were you, Cryptic, I would refund every cent any person has ever spent on this game and go back to China. I would give just about anything for a competent developer to take over this game. Please give it to Blizzard for free.

Don't think you were playing WoW when garrisons hit...you'd think twice about using competent and Blizzard in the same sentence.

As for your other would-be-points, they've posted the notice, the times until when, and the reasons it was delayed. You need to learn of patience.
    LOL, you talking about when they said it would be back up at 11 PST, then 1 PST, then 3 PST, and finally came back about 5 PST? I remember that one... Kind of wonder how many subscribers Blizzard lost over that one...

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I assume we will also be receiving at least 1000 zen each for this? I prefer 500 zen every 30 minutes the server is down thank you.
    Sadly I can't do that. But I can do this!
    d9bf422445ceb19d9121dd914f08ed131449169819.jpg

Oooooo! Can I shave it, spin it and knit you a sweater with it? <3
    I would rather ride it into battle.

Well, if you say so...back to the crocheted neck pillow then.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    courage1412courage1412 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    oh for the love of warp drives WHAT is taking so long!
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Making sure no server explode very bad.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    pigsbane wrote: »
    saber120 wrote: »
    Now, after posting the incorrect times on the pre-launcher which is in perfect line with your complete inability or unwillingness to communicate with your customers, you fixed the times yet now they're unfixed again as you take longer than announced. You are the absolute worst game company in the history of the world. Do you even get embarassed anymore? If I were you, Cryptic, I would refund every cent any person has ever spent on this game and go back to China. I would give just about anything for a competent developer to take over this game. Please give it to Blizzard for free.

Don't think you were playing WoW when garrisons hit...you'd think twice about using competent and Blizzard in the same sentence.

As for your other would-be-points, they've posted the notice, the times until when, and the reasons it was delayed. You need to learn of patience.
    LOL, you talking about when they said it would be back up at 11 PST, then 1 PST, then 3 PST, and finally came back about 5 PST? I remember that one... Kind of wonder how many subscribers Blizzard lost over that one...

I'd say zero. :p
  • Options
    darknessnationdarknessnation Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It is time for cookies and beer!!

Hopefully there is some cookies left by the time the game gets underway!
  • Options
    splasmisktsplasmiskt Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Patience is a virtue, Happy Maintenance Day to You All!
  • Options
    psychopyro80psychopyro80 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    So... caramel?

Gonna be longer then the 10m then? /sadpanda
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    karrrotte wrote: »
    So as we all wait to shake good old Q's hand let me ask some random questions:
    In prior posts it sounds like i could get ships "cards" only for the new (at least for me) admirality thing. Is that so and if so, where can i get them (and with what are they payed? ec, lobi, dilli, maks, whatever)?
    You get a permanent card for every distinct class of ship* that is in your active (not dry docked) ship list after you hit lvl 52. Those cards won't go away even if you later delete those ships, and you can get new ones after that by commisioning new ships. You also get an unique permanent card for reaching lvl 10 in Admiralty.

You can also get 1-use cards that go away after you use them for completing certain Admiralty tasks.

So, basically, cards are extras you get with "real" ships or complete freebies, right now you don't need to pay for them separately.

* regular and fleet versions of a ship would count as different ships.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    I assume we will also be receiving at least 1000 zen each for this? I prefer 500 zen every 30 minutes the server is down thank you.

I would rather ride it into battle.

Raptor Trendy riding into battle on a Llama with the mighty ban-leek as her main weapon. Truly, a fearsome sight. Would ride to the ends of Mordor with.
  • Options
    fashathedogfashathedog Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    splasmiskt wrote: »
    Her?
    1055.gif

• Options
    lttiernylttierny Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    less then 10 min until apparent time. Lets hope for the best.
    Space The Final Frontier These are the.. .You know what, scratch that, we are just making this up as we go...
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    "I want free zen because I've been inconvenienced". Good thing I'm not the community manager. I'd say "Boo hoo. get over it.".
    I got a lifetime subscription a couple years ago and it's still worth it. Even with the bugs and login/ loading screen snafus.
  • Options
    courage1412courage1412 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    they should at least give us some energy credits for how long this is taking
  • Options
    I blame the delay on Q. I think he's annoyed that Picard isn't around to bug, so he's delaying meeting the other captians this winter. It seems like something he would do...
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    There is never any guarantee that maint will go off without any delaying snafus. Cryptic/PWE do not owe us anything for having to wait.

I for one, do not get that bent out of shape because a maint day takes longer than expected.

The entitlement factor here for every time someone feels inconvenienced is off the charts.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    darknessnationdarknessnation Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Listing to people complain reminds me of a quote I once read...

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.

So Far, the Universe is winning.

Rick Cook
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    They should...?

You are very funny....

We should be happy that we got high class ship, that we will be able to show all other newbies that missed the event....
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I blame the delay on Q. I think he's annoyed that Picard isn't around to bug, so he's delaying meeting the other captians this winter. It seems like something he would do...

Yeah... well, Q can kiss my lilly... ermmm... yeah...

*backs away slowly...*
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User

Sell the wool and you probably bag more than 500 zen in currency.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    doylem33doylem33 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    As long as it all works when it comes back online and no unforeseen server crash and more downtime needed. Better they take a few hours longer to make it right, than rush something to shop floor that is broken.
  • Options
    rasweilerrasweiler Member Posts: 9 Arc User

This isnt that Q, this is his son Q... hold on I see how that can be confusing :p

• Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Listing to people complain reminds me of a quote I once read...

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.

So Far, the Universe is winning.

Rick Cook

24147556.jpg

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User

Wrong Q though, as far as we know Q Junior (see my avatar) never met Picard, he was pestering Aunt Kathy. :)
  • Options
    dragunfyrdragunfyr Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I smell another delay......or that was something I stepped on in my backyard.....
    Eu44IrT.jpg
  • Options
    lttiernylttierny Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    waiting for the patch to go up now
    Space The Final Frontier These are the.. .You know what, scratch that, we are just making this up as we go...
  • Options
    rasweiler wrote: »

This isnt that Q, this is his son Q... hold on I see how that can be confusing :p
    Forgot about the fact that its Q 'junior'... Maybe he inherited his father's need to annoy Picard? (or even Janeway)

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2015

Taco left the Door unlocked and I've been playing with the Hamsters!

We got this little Circus Setup Going! It's pretty cool... gonna charge $5 Admission once the hamsters finish their training.

:smiley:

The Real Reason:
  • Options
    darkwilow13darkwilow13 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Doom Doom Doom Doom Doom
  • Options
    chrysanthenoirchrysanthenoir Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    splasmiskt wrote: »
    Patience is a little old lady from Oklahoma....as to the virtue...... guess I am not very virtuous

This discussion has been closed.