test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [Decemeber 3rd, 2015]

Comments

• Options
    saber120saber120 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Now, after posting the incorrect times on the pre-launcher which is in perfect line with your complete inability or unwillingness to communicate with your customers, you fixed the times yet now they're unfixed again as you take longer than announced. You are the absolute worst game company in the history of the world. Do you even get embarassed anymore? If I were you, Cryptic, I would refund every cent any person has ever spent on this game and go back to China. I would give just about anything for a competent developer to take over this game. Please give it to Blizzard for free.
  • Options
    pigsbanepigsbane Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    karrrotte wrote: »
    Uhm, i got confused with the timezones now... Witch one is it and what does that mean to me, sitting in Berlin? so it's like x.y hours away?

Depending on what OS you are using, you may be able to set it up for dual times zones. I've got my desktop set up for Mountain Time (which is the time where I live) and Germany time, but you can have your main time set for Germany time and set up the second time for Pacific. At least you can on Windows 10, I think 8 also had that option, but can't really remember because I didn't look into it. When you want to check the alternate time in Windows 10, you hover over where the time is in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    the updates come from facebook and twitter
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    Been like 5, 6 years now. Try putting PST at the end.
  • Options
    psychopyro80psychopyro80 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    don't you get 400 glossy pics (or whatever now) the first time? so it is actually 18 times.

I know like 2 years ago I did... But I don't recall getting 400 last year on the first run... But then again memory is the first thing to go...
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    saber120 wrote: »
    Now, after posting the incorrect times on the pre-launcher which is in perfect line with your complete inability or unwillingness to communicate with your customers, you fixed the times yet now they're unfixed again as you take longer than announced. You are the absolute worst game company in the history of the world. Do you even get embarassed anymore? If I were you, Cryptic, I would refund every cent any person has ever spent on this game and go back to China. I would give just about anything for a competent developer to take over this game. Please give it to Blizzard for free.

I would like to nominate saber120 for "The Worst Customer" award of 2015
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    The latest update on twitter is that maintenance has been extended another hour to apply an updated patch...i wonder if this has anything to do with neverwinters problems?
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    karrrotte wrote: »
    Thx for the info, szim, psychopyro and whoever replyes, while i'm writing this.
    This sounds good, at least i think, i can manage to do those 25 runs.
    For the updates on Maintenance: where do you get the updated info from? (other than from this forum)

Well there's the STO Twitter account where they usually publish their updates quite regulary. And then there's Reddit.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Pro Tip: If one is going to do a bannable offense, DON'T do it in the GNN in a thread where everyone KNOWS Trendy is going to be monitoring it live. :D;)

...of course, better to just not do a bannable offense in the first place. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Maintenance Extended to 11:30 am PST.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    don't you get 400 glossy pics (or whatever now) the first time? so it is actually 18 times.

No, thats for Qmendations from anniversary events

Glossy pictures was always 40 per race - doable once a day (or rather 20 hours cooldown)

The pictures are also buyable from event store, but costs Lobi (i think 5 Lobi for pack of 6 pictures).

I managed to get the ship on Tribble already :D

I do not like its looks, but the stats and admirality card are nice.

Then i switched to new toon on Tribble and i could not unlock Winter Store....

Now they took Tribble down for some patch - maybe they are fixing it?
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User

Don't think you were playing WoW when garrisons hit...you'd think twice about using competent and Blizzard in the same sentence.

As for your other would-be-points, they've posted the notice, the times until when, and the reasons it was delayed. You need to learn of patience.

5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    courage1412courage1412 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    so 130 here before it comes back up?
  • Options
    lttiernylttierny Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    lttierny wrote: »
    Not hating americans , I am one, just hate when server is flooded and lag is insane

Sound like to me you have too much running in your background. My last computer was 8 years old and with first gen hardware and I still had no lag.

Last year After update , I couldn't even get to ESD because all maps were full
    Space The Final Frontier These are the.. .You know what, scratch that, we are just making this up as we go...
  • Options
    dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Thanks for extending downtime long enough to disenable me to play on the first day of the winterevent!
    Seriously, get a contract with a less terrible datacentre. -.-
  • Options
    I placed all of my characters on ESD last night before I logged off. I didn't want to go through the hassle of having them travel to get to the Winter Event. Too bad Q had setup at some of the other social zones like DS9, New Romulus, Drozana, Nimbus...
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    It's beginning to look a lot like X-mas :s
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2015

You do realize that the original times posted were quite correct at the time they were given.

As in everything, stuff happens...

And as my polish stepfather was very fond of telling me when I was a kid...

"Toughski, Shitski... Pay Attention."

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I won't be able to play till after I pick my grandyounguns from school, which will be after 3pm central.

Hopefully it will be back up then.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    fashathedogfashathedog Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Don't worry folks, they have their finest IT personnel on getting the servers up and running:
    jaxdrc_tech_kittens.jpg
  • Options
    karrrottekarrrotte Member Posts: 7 New User
    Thanks pigsbane and hagar, thus the last thing i will do is set up a third timeframe in my os just for that (and i will only get rid of win7 if there is no oter way...).
    I mean i suppose even my programming knowledge would be enough to display a clock showing the actual time in pst in the launcher. Or make it Stardate ;) Anyways, as log as this thing wil work in some time... Now server is still down but now maintenance-notice shown at all... Well there is worse things out there. Like the foundry... Suppouse they make that because of reasons.

Well, still looking forward to the event and writing nonsense with my not-so-good english is actually fun and kills time....
  • Options
    zzyybbzzyybb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    11:30 is 7:30 pm UK time I hope thats right
  • Options
    Don't worry folks, they have their finest IT personnel on getting the servers up and running:
    jaxdrc_tech_kittens.jpg

SO CUTE!!!!
    :)<3:)
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    Seriously? 1130 now? This is becoming a bad habit. I'm thinking some training in prior planning should be the next bug fix.
    I don't think you have enough information to justify this suggestion.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Can you please delay another hour.. new computer chair just came in and needs assembly...

kthxbye...
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »

I would like to nominate saber120 for "The Worst Customer" award of 2015

I am laughing so hard here at the fact they seem to think Blizzard would do a better job. Doubt they were around WoW for the Zul'Gurub bug :D. And that's just to mention one thing.

Don't think you were playing WoW when garrisons hit...you'd think twice about using competent and Blizzard in the same sentence.

Omg, that one too.

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    jaxdrc_tech_kittens.jpg

Ooooooh!!! Can I hire them for my house? Permanently???

That said, all MY Feline Tech Reps do is mash on the keys and change my laptop settings when I'm out of the room if I don't lock the screen every time I get up. :D

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    Can you keep the servers down for another 3 hours until I get home from work?
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    jaxdrc_tech_kittens.jpg
    Cuteness capacitor overload...
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    jaxdrc_tech_kittens.jpg

Ooooooh!!! Can I hire them for my house? Permanently???

That said, all MY Feline Tech Reps do is mash on the keys and change my laptop settings when I'm out of the room if I don't lock the screen every time I get up. :D

Why would you wanna hire them? Only one kitten is actually working, the other 3 are just pretending. It's outrageous! :D
This discussion has been closed.