test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [Decemeber 3rd, 2015]

Greetings Captains!

We will be having our regularly scheduled maintenance tomorrow 12/3 at 6AM PDT for 3 1/2 hours. You can check out our patch notes and the changes we'll be making here.

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2015
    Thanks LT!

HAPPY Q-MAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    Still no mention of the B'rolth skin coming to T6 BoP as promised in original blog post :(
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    Christmas came very early this year. :D
    Project sliders for Reputation, Guild, and Alliance contributions will now start at the maximum slider value instead of the minimum, excluding Dilithium.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Added a "Delete Multiple" feature to the Mail UI.
    Next add a "Take all" feature too, thanks :smile:
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    Owning the Kara Advanced Warbird [T6] will now correctly provide a fleet module discount on the Fleet Ha'apax Advanced Warbird [T6].

Yay! :D I had almost given up all hope this would get fixed , thanks for fixing this.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Good I saw several issues that was messing with mine. Glad to see these fixes coming.

And I look forward to the winter event!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • kontarnuskontarnus Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Detailed descriptions of the changes to powers. Love it!
    "Intelligence is finite, stupidity is infinite" -- Umberto Eco
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    primar13 wrote: »
    Thanks LT!

HAPPY Q-MAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Humbug!

Would be nice to have a fix for the KDF admiralty campaign. Still stuck with my tour of duty counter at 10/10, even though I never got the mission itself.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Nevermind; found out the issue; my graphics settings were switched for some reason. Postprocessing needs to be turned on.
    Post edited by hyperionx09 on
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    "Resolved an issue where Breen ships would become partially invisible at a distance."

This also happens to the Kar'Fi Battle Carrier and Fleet Kar'Fi Battle Carrier on my machine.

eBLyJGM.jpg

Other than that, I welcome a lot of changes, fixes and nerfs within this patch, thank you very much.

"Project sliders for Reputation, Guild, and Alliance contributions will now start at the maximum slider value instead of the minimum, excluding Dilithium." yay
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    • Ranged weapons that deal Physical Damage are no longer enhanced by the +% Physical Damage mod on the Counter-Command Exo-Armor, Solanae Sentinel Environmental Suit, and many other armors.
      • This mod only affects Melee weapons/attacks.

I don't suppose the actual text has been altered to reflect this, or is this going to create a text bug where it says one thing and performs differently?

Also... bummer. :disappointed:

At least I haven't Upgraded any of those. :relieved: Everything else is pretty darn good, though it's too bad there wasn't a way of making Torp Spread function as the original AoE power and still fix the various secondary procs. A fix was needed, though.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    "Resolved an issue where Breen ships would become partially invisible at a distance."

This also happens to the Kar'Fi Battle Carrier and Fleet Kar'Fi Battle Carrier on my machine.

Same here.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    A very good patch overall.

Just saddened that The Breach has been given the final death slash by removing the last ingame reference to it. Requiescat in pacem. You will be missed.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    YOU GOT THE DOFF MISSIONS FIXED! Really, that's the best Christmas present where I am concerned.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Once this patch hit's it will be a sad day for torpedo's.

Will have to find something else to use in place of my Neutronic torpedo and TS3... :(

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• daltonimperialdaltonimperial Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    DOFF and mail changes are two of the many nice changes.

One thing: my patcher is showing 7-9:30 for maintenance. It would be nice if that was correct, as I imagine more players see that than check the forums.

Q!
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Sad that torpedoes have been nerfed into the ground. For "meta" builds they're already a bit of a joke and now it's going to be even harder to justify having them slotted if you want max DPS from your build. FAW is still king :(.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Some great QoL improvements, AND the return of the missing DOff missions? AWESOMENESS!!!!

That the ExoArmor won't add to damage from my TR116a or shotgun had me thinking "NERF" for a second, but wait...

It actually makes sense.

The head canon reason for the armor helping physical damage is that it enhances your physical strength. Your physical strength had nothing to do with how much damage your gun does, be it an energy based gun or a projectile based gun. Put Remington 870 into the hands of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Pee Wee Herman, they'll both have the same damage output.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Is the time in the post wrong? It's now 14:10 GMT and the servers are still up.​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Does the doff fix also fix the sectors being screwy? Having to leave a sector and return to get the correct mission list is really annoying.
  • barghaestbarghaest Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    > @duncanidaho11 said:
    > Christmas came very early this year. :D Project sliders for Reputation, Guild, and Alliance contributions will now start at the maximum slider value instead of the minimum, excluding Dilithium.

Now, if they'd just add an easier means to hit a specific value on Fleet sliders (right now it's a pita to put in 1000 dil a day on a specific project... or to just dump surplus commodities while maintaining a minimum amount for doffing) so they work just like vendor sliders.

> @swamarian said:
    > Does the doff fix also fix the sectors being screwy? Having to leave a sector and return to get the correct mission list is really annoying.

Yeah, what I've been using as a workaround is stopping as I cross a sector border. Allows me to access the assignments for that sector instead of them defaulting to a generic quadrant list if you keep moving forward.
    > @khamseenair said:
    > Is the time in the post wrong? It's now 14:10 GMT and the servers are still up.​​

Believe so... the launcher states 7AM PDT is the start of it.. which will be in about 20 mins.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    Sad that torpedoes have been nerfed into the ground. For "meta" builds they're already a bit of a joke and now it's going to be even harder to justify having them slotted if you want max DPS from your build. FAW is still king :(.

Quantum phase torpedo will be even better now as long as you use it with gravwell... which at least I do.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I'm happy about most of these changes and cautiously optimistic about the future of torpedoes ... hoping torpedoes aren't getting nerfed as bad as it looks at first glance. My only other concern is this:

"Project sliders for Reputation, Guild, and Alliance contributions will now start at the maximum slider value instead of the minimum, excluding Dilithium."

I suspect more than a few players (the ones who don't pay attention) are going to freak out this week when they contribute things they didn't mean to contribute.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
    > @pweistheworst said:
    > I'm happy about most of these changes and cautiously optimistic about the future of torpedoes ... hoping torpedoes aren't getting nerfed as bad as it looks at first glance. My only other concern is this:
    >
    > "Project sliders for Reputation, Guild, and Alliance contributions will now start at the maximum slider value instead of the minimum, excluding Dilithium."
    >
    > I suspect more than a few players (the ones who don't pay attention) are going to freak out this week when they contribute things they didn't mean to contribute.

Well, considering it normally started at 0 and you had to move it up... not much different from it starting at cap and you moving it down... this wasn't a click-through thing. So anyone "accidentally" contributing too much has no excuses other than operator error since it requires the same level of interaction/attention it always has.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I'm happy about most of these changes and cautiously optimistic about the future of torpedoes ... hoping torpedoes aren't getting nerfed as bad as it looks at first glance.

From what I'm reading, it didn't look like the nerf to TS3 was that horrible, as it said that the second hit that they are removing was dealing "minimal" damage. I run standard transphasics and the Breen cluster torp though. (One nice advantage to not going with gimmick weapons like kemocite that you KNOW very well are broken: they're less likely to get hit with the nerf bat in the long run.)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I don't think this will be a significant hit to my dps, especially with the plasma console changes, for my particular build. I'll see when the servers come back online at some point, but I'll probably be busy in Q's winter wonderland awhile.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    My concern is the mini gravimetric wells. That would be a brutally painful loss. I guess I'd have to switch to quantum phase. I won't give up 1 torpedo on each ship no matter what.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

This discussion has been closed.