test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breen Rezreth Dreadnough Cruiser Stats

Comments

• Options
    daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    The ship looks great imo, good job design team !
    I"d really wished it had a 4th Tac console ...6 of my toons are tacs ... and i only use 4tac console ships ...

Anyway will still give it a try, shame i cant use the looks on other ships.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Please let us account unlock the past ships. Its bad for the new free to players or people wgo missed it before and leaves a bad taste in peoples month. I want people to keep playing not getting upset and leave.

If this is the thing that makes a player decide to leave the game... I dunno, can't really explain how easy it is to lose those players.
    I don't know about everyone else, but I think that making the Rezreth's console part of the same set as the previous three ships was a stupid move on Cryptic's part. Sure, players like me who have unlocked all previous ships will be able to use the full bonus, but those who joined since the last winter event will never be able to use the full set. The same goes for the Plesh Brek Frigates since you need the Plesh Brek Raider to unlock them.

These facts alone I feel would turn some people off from wanting to get the ship. Put yourself in the place of a new player for whom this would be their first winter wonderland participation. Apart from knowing you get an admiralty ship from it, would you choose to bother getting the ship if you knew there were things you could never unlock?

I'm in the boat, missed the first two Breen ships. But it's still a free ship. I see no foul here, besides giving rewards to players who have been active in the game the longest - and I think that's a totally fair thing to reward.
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Please let us account unlock the past ships. Its bad for the new free to players or people wgo missed it before and leaves a bad taste in peoples month. I want people to keep playing not getting upset and leave.

If this is the thing that makes a player decide to leave the game... I dunno, can't really explain how easy it is to lose those players.
    I don't know about everyone else, but I think that making the Rezreth's console part of the same set as the previous three ships was a stupid move on Cryptic's part. Sure, players like me who have unlocked all previous ships will be able to use the full bonus, but those who joined since the last winter event will never be able to use the full set. The same goes for the Plesh Brek Frigates since you need the Plesh Brek Raider to unlock them.

These facts alone I feel would turn some people off from wanting to get the ship. Put yourself in the place of a new player for whom this would be their first winter wonderland participation. Apart from knowing you get an admiralty ship from it, would you choose to bother getting the ship if you knew there were things you could never unlock?

I'm in the boat, missed the first two Breen ships. But it's still a free ship. I see no foul here, besides giving rewards to players who have been active in the game the longest - and I think that's a totally fair thing to reward.

Thanks for saying this. All the complaining gets a little old. I've been playing for a while, but not since the beginning. I don't cry because I don't have the Red Matter Capacitor, the Jemmie Attack Ship from the early winter event, etc.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    geniciagenicia Member Posts: 22 Arc User

No other MMO does this though, it's TRIBBLE and just a way to pad their numbers. Also you seem to be under the impression they're doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, they're not. This is to get people to play, it is a business move, companies are not your friend, the employees are not your pals. They want your wallet pure and simple and giving you free stuff to make you play more and hopefully buy more is an easy way to do it.

Like I said I'm just going to stay off the game until the event is over and anyone else pissed off should too to make their numbers go down not up. And be sure to tell them that's why you're not playing.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,793 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »

Thanks for saying this. All the complaining gets a little old. I've been playing for a while, but not since the beginning. I don't cry because I don't have the Red Matter Capacitor, the Jemmie Attack Ship from the early winter event, etc.

There is also a problemw ith that though. If you make every ship as an account wide unlock available every year. It means no one has to bother with the event at all because they can just get it and every other next year by running multiple characters and unlocking each ship. Perhaps a simpler solution could be, adding a make up event for previous ships where players can get a single ship from years past from any of the special events, but only unlocking one missed ship per year, per account.
  • Options

No worries :smile:

I guess the biggest thing that we need to worry about isn't any of the complaints that have been thrown around in this thread, which are essentially boiled down to:

1) it doesn't have enough tac console slots, so we shouldn't like it
    2) it's somehow worth less because we can't have all the consoles
    3) newer players are somehow disadvantaged by not having access to older free things
    a) flip-side: older players are rewarded better, because they had access to older free things
    4) Cryptic is somehow making a malicious move by removing access to old content

And let's be honest here. The response to every one of those comments is "it's a free ship." No one's entitled to anything, regardless of how long we've been playing the game, or how much money we've spent. And full disclosure of my postition: I'm coming at this as someone who is an LTS, and who won't have access to all of the Breen ships.

It's a free ship. Everyone in the game right now has the ability to play for the free ship, as it is offered today. That's the level of absolute equality that is being offered with this event.

But continuing to argue points 1 through 4 above serves only two purposes. First, it continues to make the entire community look like entitled, as a rage-fest starts over a free ship that somehow isn't good enough because it doesn't serve every purpose. Second, I'm sure it makes the people at Cryptic feel pretty terrible, having to read all of this.

So again, it's a free ship. Some will like it, some won't - and that's fine. But please, can we stop complaining over what is essentially an annual gift from the game to its players? The only thing that's at risk here, is having that kind of thing stopping altogether.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

No worries :smile:

I guess the biggest thing that we need to worry about isn't any of the complaints that have been thrown around in this thread, which are essentially boiled down to:

1) it doesn't have enough tac console slots, so we shouldn't like it
    2) it's somehow worth less because we can't have all the consoles
    3) newer players are somehow disadvantaged by not having access to older free things
    a) flip-side: older players are rewarded better, because they had access to older free things
    4) Cryptic is somehow making a malicious move by removing access to old content

And let's be honest here. The response to every one of those comments is "it's a free ship." No one's entitled to anything, regardless of how long we've been playing the game, or how much money we've spent. And full disclosure of my postition: I'm coming at this as someone who is an LTS, and who won't have access to all of the Breen ships.

It's a free ship. Everyone in the game right now has the ability to play for the free ship, as it is offered today. That's the level of absolute equality that is being offered with this event.

But continuing to argue points 1 through 4 above serves only two purposes. First, it continues to make the entire community look like entitled, as a rage-fest starts over a free ship that somehow isn't good enough because it doesn't serve every purpose. Second, I'm sure it makes the people at Cryptic feel pretty terrible, having to read all of this.

So again, it's a free ship. Some will like it, some won't - and that's fine. But please, can we stop complaining over what is essentially an annual gift from the game to its players? The only thing that's at risk here, is having that kind of thing stopping altogether.

You sound like a giant fanboy whose gods at cyrptic can do no wrong.

Also I don't give a TRIBBLE if they feel bad it's a TRIBBLE move and they deserve to feel bad for people pointing that out. That's not us being mean that's a guilt.

And again it's not a gift, they're not our friends, it's a business move and we're telling them what we think of it.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    genicia wrote: »

Also I don't give a TRIBBLE if they feel bad it's a TRIBBLE move and they deserve to feel bad for people pointing that out. That's not us being mean that's a guilt.

And again it's not a gift, they're not our friends, it's a business move and we're telling them what we think of it.
    And you sound like an entitled whiner. You said above that "no MMO does this" - except they *all* do it in some form or another.

It is a 'free with grind' reward. Don't like it? Don't grind for it. You wanna tell 'em what you think? Fine. Don't grind for it. Don't log in during the event. But shouting at everyone else that they need to think the way you do? Crossing the line, man.

"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    That's right, we're all telling them what we think of it.

Some of us hate it.

Some of us love it.

Some of us are 'meh' about it.

That not everyone agrees is just like with every other ship that was ever offered up on an event.

Those that whine over 3 tac consoles and 4 eng-it's an eng ship. Eng ships always have more eng consoles, tac ships always have more tac consoles and sci ships always have more sci consoles. No surprises there, and not every ship needs to be a DPS monster.

I wasn't surprised at all to see that the very first complaint was that it didn't have enough tac consoles to please the tac people.

I won't reiterated everything else I agree with, but I do agree with most others who defend this decision. I'm very tempted to try this year and get it, where I've never tried in previous years to get one. Not having access to the other consoles won't bother me, it looks solid enough to fly it without those bonuses.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User

Which would be a shame. And I wouldn't blame the devs for throwing their hands up and saying "TRIBBLE this."
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Exactly - it's free (well, paid with grinding, but still free) ship.

And now people whine (ok some minority only), that they do not have older ships avaiable?

And even say that other MMOs give better to their players?

I'm really curious what they are smoking, and why they are not sharing?

I'm F2P player and i tried many other games - WOT, WOWS, Tera, SWTOR, Megaten, AION
    (some of them are still installed on my PC)

And i can in truth say that STO is giving it's best to it's players (at least for F2P).

We got Zen Exchange (now tell me one other MMO that have such thing),
    we got regular, scheduled grind event 2 times a year, so people can plan to get the ships.

We got unplanned giveaways almost every other month, and we got....well unplanned - for us - grind events.

And most buyable and grindable ships are account unlock.

But no - give some people helping hand and they will want to cut-off whole arm.

The PWI do not need to give us anything, they give us giveaways and grind events so we show up and log in - thats true....

But the STO is still the most player-friendly MMO that i saw....
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    tom61sto wrote: »
    "Grind or else!" doesn't have the same marketing ring as "Collectible and exclusive!". This event is to pad their user-login metrics, as many people are busy during the holidays and not playing. By having people not able to pick it up at a later time, it means that if you're even marginally interested in the ship you'll want to grind for it, just in case you want it later on.

In fairness, I wouldn't actually call this a grind, Not anymore. Not since Cryptic made it a account unlock after unlocking it on just a single character.

I know this is the holiday season and all, But not everything has to be given away to be a gift.

After all's been said, this is still a game and they do want you to play it occasionally to get stuff.
    Post edited by vengefuldjinn on
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    takegurutakeguru Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    I'm just disappointed they removed the ability to get the older winter event ships, for no real reason.
    Especially since you need every ship to make the most of the sets.

I was banking on getting the Sarr Theln this year because I missed half of last year due to military stuff, so I can't help but feel I got cheated out of it.

Especially considering the precedent they set before they needlessly changed it this year, in that you could get the ship next year if you didn't get all the pearls/pictures the prior one
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    genicia wrote: »

And you sound like an entitled whiner. You said above that "no MMO does this" - except they *all* do it in some form or another.

It is a 'free with grind' reward. Don't like it? Don't grind for it. You wanna tell 'em what you think? Fine. Don't grind for it. Don't log in during the event. But shouting at everyone else that they need to think the way you do? Crossing the line, man.

What other MMO does this, oh wait none do! In every MMO during their holiday events no matter if you were there on day one or day 6000000 you can get the same things, and if some reason they do take it away they give you a last chance event not a, "Too bad so sad" blog post. Also they don't make things part of sets that TRIBBLE people out of having the items not suck.

Frankly people like you and others are making not like this game because you take any TRIBBLE they feed you and you don't use your brains. They are not our friends, they don't care about giving you a gift that want your money, they're a business and just thinking of this as a friend who's giving to you from the bottom of their heart instead of someone making a dumbass business decision is going to bite us all in the TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    It's a free item in a game. It's not malicious. Sure there's an argument to be made that it's not a 'heartfelt gift' due to the developer-to-player relationship, but even then... What can't be argued, is that the event is based in genuine goodwill across the game's community. Play the game during this event, get the free things they're offering this year. The game benefits, as well as the developers and the players. Everyone wins, and ideally has a good time doing so.

Making posts about entitlement, calling foul on the limited time availability, or throwing accusations at the developers for having a free event with annual prizes does not help anything.
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Those that whine over 3 tac consoles and 4 eng-it's an eng ship. Eng ships always have more eng consoles, tac ships always have more tac consoles and sci ships always have more sci consoles. No surprises there, and not every ship needs to be a DPS monster.

I don't recall excessive whining, but I suppose I have a high tolerance of other people expressing opinions, also it's 5 engineering consoles, 3/5/3, not four, you're missing one.

And it can be a "DPS monster" (I suppose it beckons the questions what do you hold high enough for "DPS monster"?) even with three tac consoles, it's all in the build.

I'd expect most of "tac" people you're reffering to wouldn't run this anyway even with 4 tac consoles; it's lumbering hulk, low turn rate, bad inertia, it's barely fast enough to fit DBBs (what I initially wanted to load on her, on my engie). I think most of people commenting negatively about it are actually a little disappointed it's another BFAW boat because, let's be honest, it is. And, as I said, for what it is, it's a pretty good ship. A low price of Free on top makes it hard to miss out.

Now if only we got playable Chaos Bleth (I'm almost certain I mispelled that one) fighter as a small craft, we could finally have all the Breen ships... a lobi purchase or additional project you can run for extra Qsmas vouchers after Winter Event would be awesome.
    I'm F2P player and i tried many other games - WOT, WOWS, Tera, SWTOR, Megaten, AION
    (some of them are still installed on my PC)

I play some of them regularly as well. You won't really see the same courtesy you get from Cryptic/PWE in other MMOs, it's tied to their business model, brought them alot of success even despite some people have issues with it. I don't, I am thankful for the free things they throw at my way, I'd still be playing without them, though.

And as for this being a grind... I suppose it matters how you're thinking about it. I think it's about giving rewards for participation, and I like that. It's not hard, it's not long either, it just makes you login for the day, and when you do, you're also much more inclined to continue playing as well. I think, in a way, is brilliant, and same system could be used in the rest of the game (and in certain shape/form I think it is).
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Gonna have to reconfigure my Breen ships. Find out what to keep and toss in terms of equipment. Gonna want the 4pc set.
  • Options
    warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    rangerryu wrote: »
    just a question....are there actually any Breen ships left to turn into player ships?

If they run out of Breen ships, then they should start giving us Andorian ships :smiley:
    My Andorian Science character will take one.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    kasraken wrote: »
    Someone asked to see the admiralty statistics.. Here they are.
    (1x use ship but same as event ship except 18h maintenance)
    BreenRezrethDreadnoughtCruiser-6_zpsapr4u6in.png
    The ability text has a glitch and it's actually eng, not tac.
    You mean it'll ignore +/- Eng? If so then that's fantastic! I have 60+ ships available in the Admiralty system and none of them ignore Eng events which is quite a pain sometimes.​​
    There are Z-store ships for that, but they're T-3 ships. Fed is the constellation, KDF is the T3 Orion ship(Corsair?) Some of the other T3 ships have ignore tac or ignore sci. The basic DSD is also ignore sci.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Also i think one of the Elachi dreadnoughts got ignore +ENG from events too, but that ships are really rare...
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Also i think one of the Elachi dreadnoughts got ignore +ENG from events too, but that ships are really rare...

The Intel variant of the Sheshar, yes.

5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,991 Arc User
    Not interested, it's ugly as hell and it's not worth the time or aggro to grind for
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      You mean it'll ignore +/- Eng? If so then that's fantastic! I have 60+ ships available in the Admiralty system and none of them ignore Eng events which is quite a pain sometimes.​​
      There are Z-store ships for that, but they're T-3 ships. Fed is the constellation, KDF is the T3 Orion ship(Corsair?) Some of the other T3 ships have ignore tac or ignore sci. The basic DSD is also ignore sci.

Orion one is the Dacoit, at T3. I have it.
    • Options
      khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
      edited December 2015
      You mean it'll ignore +/- Eng? If so then that's fantastic! I have 60+ ships available in the Admiralty system and none of them ignore Eng events which is quite a pain sometimes.

Yeah, I have two for Sci and one for Tac but have none for the Eng events yet so that's yet another reason I'm looking forward to it haha. Good to know the Constellation also has it though, that's literally the only T3 Fed cruiser I don't own yet. Sadly my KDF and Rom toons aren't quite as spoiled as my Fed toons are on ship purchases so their Admiralty tab is far more spartan.
      ​​
      Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
      True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    • Options
      aerigaraerigar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
      storules wrote: »
      Thank you! Still a FREE ship with minimum grinding effort. monkey-2.gif​​
      Please define "minimal grinding effort". Like how fast/easy are those 1000 Winter Prize Vouchers obtainable?
    • Options
      qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
      aerigar wrote: »
      storules wrote: »
      Thank you! Still a FREE ship with minimum grinding effort. monkey-2.gif​​
      Please define "minimal grinding effort". Like how fast/easy are those 1000 Winter Prize Vouchers obtainable?

A two minute race every day for 25 days and you have 1000. :)
    • Options
      tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
      Great idea on the holiday event theme names. Unfortunately they would probably only be available on holiday themed maps.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
    • Options
      xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
      Can you guys just put the exclusivity thing to rest.

Just because Santa gives more gifts to your neighbor doesn't mean you should receive the same amount .
      Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
      Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
    • Options
      tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,648 Arc User
      Here's the Admiralty stats from opening on Tribble: http://imgur.com/a/bVAfa

Do note that it actually ignores +/- Tac as the card says, not Eng (second pic above shows it ignoring the +Tac of the event). My guess is that the leaked card for it was just bugged.

• Options
      jimkirk#6925 jimkirk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
      how do I get the Breen Rezreth dreadnought cruiser? can I get it using ZEN or in game or both?