test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breen Rezreth Dreadnough Cruiser Stats

Comments

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    The copy-paste in the title is strong. Still missing the same 't' at the end of dreadnought you were missing in the last blog. :tongue:

As for the ship, the stats aren't too bad, may prove useful for one or two of my toons. Though I do wish we had the original visuals for it as the original was a far more impressive ship visually, in my opinion.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    kirahitomikirahitomi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    So... its... a giant flying lobster... with hanger pets... can we eats it...? :) Seriously looks like a lobster in profile otherwise it looks intimidating as hell. You really wouldn't wanna see this thing drop out of warp in your rear viewscreen, it'd be like "Number one, set warp to NOPE. Engage."
    "Lets see what this button does..."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    trip68 wrote: »
    last year we got a crab, this year is a lobster, what does that leave for next year?

Hopefully something NOT Breen...

:)
    CM

And that's why I don't do the winter event. Same old Breen garbage scows. No thanks. Maybe if Cryptic did something new and more creative, I'd be more enthused. But, creativity doesn't seem to be their strong suit.
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    alphahydri wrote: »
    I really hope there is some way newer players can earn/buy the past event ships, for Winter, Summer, and Anniversary. It's a shame creating this ship that's part of a console set that can only be completed by a few people. It's especially bad since these event ships weren't year-specific up until this year's changes. They weren't account unlocks, but at least you could earn all past ships each time their respective events rolled around.

Yeah, yeah "collectability and exclusivity" and all that, but even some of the rarest items in the world are still collectible because there are others like it out there somewhere. Since there's no possible way to get the past event ships unless you were around during last year's events and slotted the projects and/or completed them, they're not really collectible or earnable anymore.

Besides collectability and exclusivity are words that do not go well together, since having one more or less cancels out the other. collectability is defined as "capable/worthy of being collected", while exclusivity is defined as "the state of being limited or hard to access; being available to only one person or group of persons".

Even if an item is very rare, it can still be collected by anybody if they put enough time, effort, and resources into acquiring it. By making these past event ships a "one-time only" deal, especially since they weren't made exclusive until this very year, anybody playing after the recent change to event rewards cannot acquire these ships by any means, short of hacking the game or something. It's not as if there are Chel Gretts and Risian Corvettes and Samsars just floating around in the Exchange or the trade channel that one can pick up; the supply has been cut off completely and locked behind a time-gate, which means they're not collectible, just exclusive.

"Grind or else!" doesn't have the same marketing ring as "Collectible and exclusive!". This event is to pad their user-login metrics, as many people are busy during the holidays and not playing. By having people not able to pick it up at a later time, it means that if you're even marginally interested in the ship you'll want to grind for it, just in case you want it later on.
    I agree with you and I can understand why Cryptic wanted to make these ships exclusive, but please, why do ships that have already had their time in the spotlight have to get the shaft? Why can't it be a "from this point forward" thing, meaning that the Nandi and Rezreth are the first ships that will be locked behind a time-gate, while past ships are still available?

I can tell you with confidence that if all four Breen ships were available this year I would be doing that silly ice race thing four times a day on four separate characters, because I wouldn't want to wait another year to get them. I'm sure other people would be willing to take this approach as well, so wouldn't that look good for their log-in metrics? The newer players would grind super-hard to get the ships this year or future years, while it would be a yearly thing for the veterans who already have the past things.

It just seems less-than thought out when they now, after this game being active for 5 years, decide that event ships should be restricted to the year they were released. This far into the game's life cycle, making retroactive changes like this does much more harm than good to the community.

• Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Aw, it's Engineering focused? Disappointing. I'll still unlock it, since a free ship is a free ship, and probably fly it around a little, since I do think it looks cool, but it's certainly not gonna be replacing my Scimitar anytime soon.

And yeah, I feel the retiring of the old Breen ships from the previous Winter events is an even bigger loss for new players/alts than that of the Risian ships. The Chel Grett is an incredibly solid and well-rounded vessel, the Plesh Brek gave Federation and Romulan players an accessible raider, and, probably most troubling of all, the Sarr Theln was pretty much the only easily acquired T6, science-focused vessel that KDF and Romulan players could get their hands on. By comparison, the Rezreth is actually the most underwhelming of the bunch; with its Engineering focus, it's essentially just a big, dumb cruiser, one of the few ships types that's prevalent among all three factions.

But, that seems to be Cryptic's paradigm these days: Do whatever you can to keep current players paying and playing, and to hell with new players or alts.

Bah, sorry to be such a Scrooge, but Cryptic's decisions in regards to this game continue to baffle and frustrate me. Again, I suppose a free ship is still a free ship, and as always, I'll be participating in the Winter event more for the fun of it than for the rewards.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    geniciagenicia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I really hope there is some way newer players can earn/buy the past event ships, for Winter, Summer, and Anniversary. It's a shame creating this ship that's part of a console set that can only be completed by a few people. It's especially bad since these event ships weren't year-specific up until this year's changes. They weren't account unlocks, but at least you could earn all past ships each time their respective events rolled around.

Yeah, yeah "collectability and exclusivity" and all that, but even some of the rarest items in the world are still collectible because there are others like it out there somewhere. Since there's no possible way to get the past event ships unless you were around during last year's events and slotted the projects and/or completed them, they're not really collectible or earnable anymore.

Besides collectability and exclusivity are words that do not go well together, since having one more or less cancels out the other. collectability is defined as "capable/worthy of being collected", while exclusivity is defined as "the state of being limited or hard to access; being available to only one person or group of persons".

Even if an item is very rare, it can still be collected by anybody if they put enough time, effort, and resources into acquiring it. By making these past event ships a "one-time only" deal, especially since they weren't made exclusive until this very year, anybody playing after the recent change to event rewards cannot acquire these ships by any means, short of hacking the game or something. It's not as if there are Chel Gretts and Risian Corvettes and Samsars just floating around in the Exchange or the trade channel that one can pick up; the supply has been cut off completely and locked behind a time-gate, which means they're not collectible, just exclusive.

"Grind or else!" doesn't have the same marketing ring as "Collectible and exclusive!". This event is to pad their user-login metrics, as many people are busy during the holidays and not playing. By having people not able to pick it up at a later time, it means that if you're even marginally interested in the ship you'll want to grind for it, just in case you want it later on.

Figured as much, which just to counter than I'm not going to log in for the whole event. Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    You know people talking about the stats, but it just dawned on me. This ship...if we have the Plesh as a ship, wouldn't it be cool if we could actually launch the frigate with OUR Plesh's stats and equipment? Yes that would be wonderfully OP.
    aesica wrote: »
    This will just get lost in the sea of people whining about holiday gifts in a video game, but I'm saying it anyway:

Thanks for doing this every year, Cryptic. I look forward to getting this new ship and all the other nifty stuff available in the upcoming event. :)
    TRIBBLE, you're right I completely forgot to say thank you.

I don't need coal in my stocking.
    rangerryu wrote: »
    just a question....are there actually any Breen ships left to turn into player ships?

If they run out of Breen ships, then they should start giving us Andorian ships :smiley:

Agreed Agreed.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    great lobster looking ship... did i mention ship looks like lobster? hope i can use some red color on it and name it big bad lobster
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It looks like a very solid ship and my Deferi-KDF certainly can put it to good use. But all of those Breen ships really make you wonder why the devs didn't take a "risk" and got us a Breen Confederacy faction (or more factions to begin with).

Anyway, looking forward to this one pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    orion0029 wrote: »
    The Level 5 mastery trait mentions Tachyon Beams and "Power Siphon", is that the Energy Siphon BOFF ability, or the Breen Set siphon ability, or something else? What Specifically constitutes triggering this trait as a 'power siphon' ability?

Boff abilities, though I wish it included Breen set siphon too - source: dev on reddit confirming tyken's couldn't be added on without complications.

Starship Mastery trait is exceptional, though I wish it was more specific about how much exactly it uncaps subsystems.

Also a bridge, which is always great to have.

It sure would win an ugly pageant if there was one.

Front-loaded weight/bulk will also amplify the perception of its low turn rate.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Very neat ship! :smile: Can't wait to throw all four consoles together and see how they will perform :smile:
    If they run out of Breen ships, then they should start giving us Andorian ships :smiley:

Speaking of Andorians, Andor ground could use a facelift :smile:
    I've seen parts of the map where entire polygons are missing from the mesh, letting you walk straight into the ice wall.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    What are the stats for the admiralty card?​​

3 pages deep and I've yet to see a definitive answer. :/
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Nice ship. Seems like a balanced beast overall. Should be real interesting to fly!
    ak255 wrote: »
    Hey, there seems to be a typo: it says 3 Tac consoles instead of 4 like a T6 DREADNOUGHT should have.

Your opinion, maybe. But dreadnoughts in STO are generally eng-heavy.

That's not how a lot of things in MMOs work. Having yearly one-time things rewards players who are in the game year after year. STO isn't the only MMO that runs this type of one-time thing.
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    last year we got a crab, this year is a lobster, what does that leave for next year?

3h1jnq_4.jpg
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User

I agree with you and I can understand why Cryptic wanted to make these ships exclusive, but please, why do ships that have already had their time in the spotlight have to get the shaft? Why can't it be a "from this point forward" thing, meaning that the Nandi and Rezreth are the first ships that will be locked behind a time-gate, while past ships are still available?

I can tell you with confidence that if all four Breen ships were available this year I would be doing that silly ice race thing four times a day on four separate characters, because I wouldn't want to wait another year to get them. I'm sure other people would be willing to take this approach as well, so wouldn't that look good for their log-in metrics? The newer players would grind super-hard to get the ships this year or future years, while it would be a yearly thing for the veterans who already have the past things.

It just seems less-than thought out when they now, after this game being active for 5 years, decide that event ships should be restricted to the year they were released. This far into the game's life cycle, making retroactive changes like this does much more harm than good to the community.

My guess is that the metrics are more concerned with Account logins than individual captain logins. As far as playtime length recorded, the statistics I've seen for studies of other MMOs, state that the minimum time to have a solid chance of a purchase happening is about 15 min per day, so hitting that target would be the greatest goal, and a single race and one other winter event bashing snowmen/snowborg will hit that.

Most accounts have only one captain (older statics for this game support that), so multi-grinding wouldn't be viable for most new players. I doubt many new players care overly much, it's the older players that thought they could make up a ship if needed that got burned, which makes them more likely to grind out of fear that'll happen again.
  • Options
    gfreeman98 wrote: »

You'll know about 10 minutes after it goes live on Tribble, where people have thousands of Lobi stored up and can get one right away. Some people on live are likely to do the same, but it's wasteful so it won't be many.
  • Options
    sov42 wrote: »
    crm14916 wrote: »

Hopefully something NOT Breen...

:)
    CM

And that's why I don't do the winter event. Same old Breen garbage scows. No thanks. Maybe if Cryptic did something new and more creative, I'd be more enthused. But, creativity doesn't seem to be their strong suit.

I thought you didn't do the winter event because the race was too hard for you and you couldn't be bothered?
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    jaturnley wrote: »

3h1jnq_4.jpg
    I was just thinking that if you paint it red, it really would look like a giant space lobster. :smiley:

Edit - Hey, wait...
    8e9afaa63ca95ae6589040da4e8063d21449078967.png

Is this an artistic choice or does this ship have hints of ice blue glinting along the edges?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Sadly those without the lockbox ship can not use all 4 consoles.

NO ship should be locked behind a lockbox wall forever.

Very bad marketing.
  • Options

Very bad marketing.

None of these were in a lockbox, all were from previous winter events and were free.

You still can't get them anymore, but they are not behind a paywall.
  • Options

Very bad marketing.

Ships in lockboxes are more accessible in a way than ships in the C-Store, given that they can be posted in the Exchange.

Either way, I hardly think there's a problem with having some ships needing to be purchased in some way. The game is free-to-play, but that doesn't mean every bit of content is entirely freely accessible.
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User

The admiralty card has been in-game for months, several threads in the forums already mentioned the stats, pictures included, you can also check the wiki.

• Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    bioixi wrote: »
    The admiralty card has been in-game for months, several threads in the forums already mentioned the stats, pictures included
    It may very well be that the one-time-use card people are talking about will be identical to the obtainable ship. Nevertheless I'd still like to see that from Cryptic.
    ...you can also check the wiki.
    Oh? It has nothing for Admiralty:Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser

Is it really unreasonable to expect the Admiralty card values to be officially published in the Dev thread devoted to the new ship's stats?

screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    mcevergreenmcevergreen Member Posts: 48 Arc User

Very bad marketing.

On behalf of the members of my fleets (both fleets have been funded this year), please do NOT retire the old Breen ships. Many players of our fleets just started to play this year and will be very disappointed if they have no chance to get the old breen ships. Even though I am veteran player, I also do not have all the old breen ships and their consoles which are needed for the set bonus of the new ship.

Please, give us a chance to slot the old breen ships again. If needed, let people do the daily event for different ships on different chars.

I have seen that there are many similar posts in the forum and many people writing in-game about the unfortunate decision to plan retiring the old breen ships. Please, reconsider the decision, in order to make many people happy and let them run down the ice channel to get also the old breen ships. We all would appreciate this possibility.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User

I thought you didn't do the winter event because the race was too hard for you and you couldn't be bothered?

I never said it was hard, that was other folks. I just said it was stupid and a waste of my time. The whole event is boring, and uninspiring. It'd be far more interesting if it was something different each year, but that would require effort on Cryptic's part, and we all know they don't like putting effort into anything unless the bean-counters give their blessing.
  • Options
    geniciagenicia Member Posts: 22 Arc User

I never said it was hard, that was other folks. I just said it was stupid and a waste of my time. The whole event is boring, and uninspiring. It'd be far more interesting if it was something different each year, but that would require effort on Cryptic's part, and we all know they don't like putting effort into anything unless the bean-counters give their blessing.

PREACH IT!
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User

Dude, there are 1x cards for the Rezreth, so the stats are known. It's on the wiki, here.

Ultra Rare Eng type Eng 62 Tac33 Sci31 Ignores +ENG from Events

The admiralty card has been in-game for months, several threads in the forums already mentioned the stats, pictures included
    It may very well be that the one-time-use card people are talking about will be identical to the obtainable ship. Nevertheless I'd still like to see that from Cryptic.
    ...you can also check the wiki.
    Oh? It has nothing for Admiralty:Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser

Is it really unreasonable to expect the Admiralty card values to be officially published in the Dev thread devoted to the new ship's stats?

It's on the Admiralty master ship list.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options

Ah, my apologies. All of the people complaining about the free stuff in free games all kinda run together after a while.
  • Options
    On behalf of the members of my fleets (both fleets have been funded this year), please do NOT retire the old Breen ships. Many players of our fleets just started to play this year and will be very disappointed if they have no chance to get the old breen ships. Even though I am veteran player, I also do not have all the old breen ships and their consoles which are needed for the set bonus of the new ship.

Please, give us a chance to slot the old breen ships again. If needed, let people do the daily event for different ships on different chars.

I have seen that there are many similar posts in the forum and many people writing in-game about the unfortunate decision to plan retiring the old breen ships. Please, reconsider the decision, in order to make many people happy and let them run down the ice channel to get also the old breen ships. We all would appreciate this possibility.

Don't think it's going to happen. They made it pretty clear that they were going for the yearly-unlock model, making each year's thing a unique, one-time reward. Hence the buy-back for the tokens for both Summer and Winter that could otherwise be carried over to future years.

It's a fine model. And really, there's very little in STO that is actually locked down this way. Most anything can be claimed by anyone, anytime.