test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breen Rezreth Dreadnough Cruiser Stats

Comments

• Options
    geniciagenicia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Goddamn that's an ugly ship. Looks like a KDF ship TRIBBLE a Breen ship and this was the offspring.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    genicia wrote: »
    Goddamn that's an ugly ship. Looks like a KDF ship TRIBBLE a Breen ship and this was the offspring.

That sales pitch alone makes me want to fly it a little longer after acquiring the trait.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    with all these Breen ships in the game its about time to have playable Breen.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Bah, 100 in all stats is no problem, problem is when you get 100 in all stats and then +50 in one or two stats.

If you set up: Nandi + Sarr Theln + Samsar - you get around 120 in all stats.

The new ship got really nice stats - even if i do not like it's look - it's one ugly ship for me
    So i will use it with thanks.

Too bad there is no build in spinal lance, but the console helps (especially when i have full set)

Edit:
    And it looks like it can equip frigate hangar - or they just listed all hangar pets without filtering out the ones, that the new ship can't use?

I think the best solution is to change how we use Shuttles. Make it so they don't have to take a Ship Slot. Make them function like R&D Catalysts.

You get to choose 3 Ships, and then one Additional Shuttle. Since most Shuttles currently have special abilities that are similar to Catalysts anyways it sound like a sound solution.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    Lt Commander Universal and Command. Very nice.

She does look like an evil blue lobster was attacked by a facehugger and this ship is the Xenomorph that popped out.

Which makes her look like the pinnacle of Breen starship design.

Gotta give it points for personality, you can look at her and say, "THAT is a Breen ship."

"And he is a eunuch."
    rangerryu wrote: »
    just a question....are there actually any Breen ships left to turn into player ships?
    I think this is the last one. Hopefully we'll move to a new species' ships next year.
    questerius wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    What are the stats for the admiralty card?
    It's got a high eng stat and medium sci and tac, also the power to cancel +eng from events. It says +tac, but it's really +eng. I know because I found a 1x card for it. :)
    Got a shortage of ships that cancel engineering from events which can be quite bothersome if an event pushes engineering stats well above 200​​
    There's also that stupid event that adds +100 eng...

So much BS there.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    genicia wrote: »

This is what happens when you leave the Breen and Kar'fi alone with too much liquor.
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    It may be possible the old ships may be purchasable through the Winter event store, or could even possibly be queued. I believe this happened last year. It just means you probably going to have to run multiple toons to unlock all the ships. I doubt they've eliminated those past ships forever, especially if it requires all the consoles. Let us hope and see.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Too bad some of us won't be able to complete that console set just because we weren't here...

also looks pretty cool. All the breem ships look a little more interesting than regular other ships.

You aren't missing a whole lot, the T6 consoles are nice...the Chel Grett is okay for a drain boat and the PLesh Brek one is basically a AoE jam sensors.

Yeah I know I had the Chell Grett on another account.

But the consoles are kind of beside the point.

The fact you can't pick up some of those old ships doesn't really sit well with me. I would guess it doesn't sit well with other players either, I mean I've seen threads about this.

If Cryptic would add the other ships it might make people want to go to the Winter event even more.

Think about it: There are currently 4 Breem ships, unless you have 4 toons you will most likely only be able to get one or 2 per year. And since there would always be a new ship each year, you'd always want to go and get all you can. As it sits, I plan only getting the new ship from the winter event, maybe one of the new jackets and if the new gear is cool I'll consider it, but really I wont bother with it when I'm done. However, if I could then slot a new ship and start on that one, I'd be there everyday the winter event was live, leaving only the play the new missions. And think how much $$$ they would make, because we all know there is that one person that will spend lobi... for all the ships.

I don't know, I'm not a game developer I don't know anything about that. Maybe I'm wrong about the whole thing.

If there is anything I've learned about this community...people would complain about all the grind to obtain said ships.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I love my Breen ships and this one is no exception, so i look forward to getting this ship.

Beautifully ugly in all the right ways, and will be even more bad TRIBBLE when I put my elite raider's on her!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    geniciagenicia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »
    It may be possible the old ships may be purchasable through the Winter event store, or could even possibly queued. I believe this happened last year. Just means you probably going to have to run multiple toons to unlock all the ships. I doubt they've eliminated those past ships forever, especially if it requires all the consoles. Let us jope and see.

No they announced awhile back the ships are gone, they'll probably being them back as lobi ships if anything cause gotta make that chedda!
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    materwindu wrote: »
    Why give us an interesting ship with a PoS console layout? Making it 3 tac, 3 sci, and 5 engi consoles, isn't it a little unbalanced? Why not turn one of the Engi consoles into a tac console slot to give it a chance at maintaining dps of other ships in game?

Why am I not surprised, on the first page someone complaining it doesn't have enough PEW PEW
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Ah ha... It shall be christened the U.S.S. Hengra...
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2015
    Hmm. A bit unenthusiastic about the 5 eng consoles (would have preferred 4 tac OR 4 sci instead), but not everything has to be a DPS monster, and this beastie looks like quite the durable ship!

I think I'll like flying this one around, especially with the Lt. Comm Uni/Command, that is downright spiffy!

Also, very awesome about the Plesh Brek hangars! Gonna love that!

Edit: One question, though.

"Enhanced Power Condensers (Starship Trait)

Upon reaching level 5 in the Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser’s starship mastery, you will unlock the Enhanced Power Condensers Starship Trait. While this trait is slotted, using Power Siphon or Tachyon Beam will provide you with a boost to maximum power levels and provide a boost to maximum shield hit points for a short time."

The Level 5 mastery trait mentions Tachyon Beams and "Power Siphon", is that the Energy Siphon BOFF ability, or the Breen Set siphon ability, or something else? What Specifically constitutes triggering this trait as a 'power siphon' ability?
  • Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Enhanced Power Condensers (Starship Trait)

Upon reaching level 5 in the Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser’s starship mastery, you will unlock the Enhanced Power Condensers Starship Trait. While this trait is slotted, using Power Siphon or Tachyon Beam will provide you with a boost to maximum power levels and provide a boost to maximum shield hit points for a short time.

A cruiser with sci trait? :neutral:
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    lamyrs wrote: »

You missed the Greedy Emitters on the Nandi?
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    lamyrs wrote: »
    Enhanced Power Condensers (Starship Trait)

Upon reaching level 5 in the Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser’s starship mastery, you will unlock the Enhanced Power Condensers Starship Trait. While this trait is slotted, using Power Siphon or Tachyon Beam will provide you with a boost to maximum power levels and provide a boost to maximum shield hit points for a short time.

Geneva says 'hi!' and Nandi is disappointed at your lack of creativity.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    just a question....are there actually any Breen ships left to turn into player ships?

No but I wouldn't be too mad if next year it was a T6 Chel or Plesh. I really enjoyed flying the Chel, but the upgrade wouldn't hurt at this point.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Wow, that's one solid ship. Plus I can run the raiders on it? Sold.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    Hey, there seems to be a typo: it says 3 Tac consoles instead of 4 like a T6 DREADNOUGHT should have. Cause y'know, that would seem pretty stupid and make the ship seem more like a weak T5 ship instead, especially since the Starship Trait isn't that impressive. Are you trying to make the Jupiter-class Carrier still seem viable with only 3 Tac consoles, is that it?
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    This will just get lost in the sea of people whining about holiday gifts in a video game, but I'm saying it anyway:

Thanks for doing this every year, Cryptic. I look forward to getting this new ship and all the other nifty stuff available in the upcoming event. :)
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    i8myhelli8myhell Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    This design looks good, but I too preferred the older design more.

Cryptic/PWI sure is steam rolling ahead with their "exclusivity" campaign with offering services/products for only certain players instead of offering the opportunity to all.

Maybe you spent Lobi to acquire which ever currency to prepare ... big deal we'll toss some scraps to you to compensate the actual money you might have spent for those Lobi & you will be happy with it.

Want a free T6 ship no questions asked ... we'll offer some of you this but we'll never state why or how we decided some get the Andromeda while some wont. But no one should feel left out but we might do something like this again but who knows it will be our little secret.

Want to know the specific odds for any of the Lock Boxes ... can't tell you, but lots of people have been kind enough to get pretty accurate projections from Tribble. Similar slight of hands thinking that allows this gambling by reasoning that if we toss out a few Lobi that is the real prize & it is guaranteed even though it's not even marketed as the grand prize. I suspect one day we'll be able to play Star Trek Online Lock Box of the current trend co-sponsored by Fan Duel or that Draft Fantasy.

& yes these console-set perks which are all well until you start allowing only certain players an opportunity to have a complete set which is part of that "exclusive" mind-set approach. It harms nothing allowing the complete STO fan-base these same opportunities. Limited time offerings are perfectly reasonable. They heighten whatever Event their pushing, but discontinuing altogether is pathetic & helps no one but hinders some. Now if they offered a method to acquire the previous consoles since they have added the perk of an even more complete set that would at least offer a balance since perhaps new players were not even possibly playing STO when the previous ships were released.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    No mention of a lance in the stats? Lances appear standard now for Dreadnought, and it looks like it's firing a large blue beam in addition to the lighting console in the last picture of the previous blog:
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/11/07/1107719361073db7a97539312129077d1448992834.png1107719361073db7a97539312129077d1448992834.png
  • Options
    xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    STO community, never change. Of course we need more tac in our life.

I like how well rounded this ship is.

Also those that say dreadnought cruisers should have 4 tac consoles? Voth Bulwark wants a word with you.
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    No mention of a lance in the stats? Lances appear standard now for Dreadnought, and it looks like it's firing a large blue beam in addition to the lighting console in the last picture of the previous blog:
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/11/07/1107719361073db7a97539312129077d1448992834.png1107719361073db7a97539312129077d1448992834.png

Pretty sure that's the console attack, which sounds kind of like a lance but it's definitely not built-in.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    trip68 wrote: »
    last year we got a crab, this year is a lobster, what does that leave for next year?

Hopefully something NOT Breen...

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    I really hope there is some way newer players can earn/buy the past event ships, for Winter, Summer, and Anniversary. It's a shame creating this ship that's part of a console set that can only be completed by a few people. It's especially bad since these event ships weren't year-specific up until this year's changes. They weren't account unlocks, but at least you could earn all past ships each time their respective events rolled around.

Yeah, yeah "collectability and exclusivity" and all that, but even some of the rarest items in the world are still collectible because there are others like it out there somewhere. Since there's no possible way to get the past event ships unless you were around during last year's events and slotted the projects and/or completed them, they're not really collectible or earnable anymore.

Besides collectability and exclusivity are words that do not go well together, since having one more or less cancels out the other. collectability is defined as "capable/worthy of being collected", while exclusivity is defined as "the state of being limited or hard to access; being available to only one person or group of persons".

Even if an item is very rare, it can still be collected by anybody if they put enough time, effort, and resources into acquiring it. By making these past event ships a "one-time only" deal, especially since they weren't made exclusive until this very year, anybody playing after the recent change to event rewards cannot acquire these ships by any means, short of hacking the game or something. It's not as if there are Chel Gretts and Risian Corvettes and Samsars just floating around in the Exchange or the trade channel that one can pick up; the supply has been cut off completely and locked behind a time-gate, which means they're not collectible, just exclusive.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    alphahydri wrote: »
    I really hope there is some way newer players can earn/buy the past event ships, for Winter, Summer, and Anniversary. It's a shame creating this ship that's part of a console set that can only be completed by a few people. It's especially bad since these event ships weren't year-specific up until this year's changes. They weren't account unlocks, but at least you could earn all past ships each time their respective events rolled around.

Yeah, yeah "collectability and exclusivity" and all that, but even some of the rarest items in the world are still collectible because there are others like it out there somewhere. Since there's no possible way to get the past event ships unless you were around during last year's events and slotted the projects and/or completed them, they're not really collectible or earnable anymore.

Besides collectability and exclusivity are words that do not go well together, since having one more or less cancels out the other. collectability is defined as "capable/worthy of being collected", while exclusivity is defined as "the state of being limited or hard to access; being available to only one person or group of persons".

Even if an item is very rare, it can still be collected by anybody if they put enough time, effort, and resources into acquiring it. By making these past event ships a "one-time only" deal, especially since they weren't made exclusive until this very year, anybody playing after the recent change to event rewards cannot acquire these ships by any means, short of hacking the game or something. It's not as if there are Chel Gretts and Risian Corvettes and Samsars just floating around in the Exchange or the trade channel that one can pick up; the supply has been cut off completely and locked behind a time-gate, which means they're not collectible, just exclusive.

"Grind or else!" doesn't have the same marketing ring as "Collectible and exclusive!". This event is to pad their user-login metrics, as many people are busy during the holidays and not playing. By having people not able to pick it up at a later time, it means that if you're even marginally interested in the ship you'll want to grind for it, just in case you want it later on.
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User

If they run out of Breen ships, then they should start giving us Andorian ships :smiley:
  • Options
    czechmarkczechmark Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    trip68 wrote: »
    last year we got a crab, this year is a lobster, what does that leave for next year?

Snowconian ships. The SnoBaltim heavy raider with its icy exterior that looks like a comet with iconian tech strapped to it, the Quas Kringle cruiser in a lovely velvet red and snow white exterior, and RuVonph the red deflectored dreadnought which is pretty self-explanatory. All feature a warm christmasy interior decorated in christmas lights and hologram trees and decor.
    Inspired names :) It's actually a pity none of those will ever exist!

I am looking forward to this new ship a lot! I like having hanger pets for fire support, it's the only time I actually deal near-optimal damage :wink: