test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breen Rezreth Dreadnough Cruiser Stats

Comments

• jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    On behalf of the members of my fleets (both fleets have been funded this year), please do NOT retire the old Breen ships. Many players of our fleets just started to play this year and will be very disappointed if they have no chance to get the old breen ships. Even though I am veteran player, I also do not have all the old breen ships and their consoles which are needed for the set bonus of the new ship.

Please, give us a chance to slot the old breen ships again. If needed, let people do the daily event for different ships on different chars.

I have seen that there are many similar posts in the forum and many people writing in-game about the unfortunate decision to plan retiring the old breen ships. Please, reconsider the decision, in order to make many people happy and let them run down the ice channel to get also the old breen ships. We all would appreciate this possibility.

Don't think it's going to happen. They made it pretty clear that they were going for the yearly-unlock model, making each year's thing a unique, one-time reward. Hence the buy-back for the tokens for both Summer and Winter that could otherwise be carried over to future years.

It's a fine model. And really, there's very little in STO that is actually locked down this way. Most anything can be claimed by anyone, anytime.

Not to mention that giving people a wide selection of nice free ships readily available makes it less likely they will buy the newer ones in the same role. But that's just crazy talk, I am sure.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    jaturnley wrote: »
    chipg7 wrote: »
    On behalf of the members of my fleets (both fleets have been funded this year), please do NOT retire the old Breen ships. Many players of our fleets just started to play this year and will be very disappointed if they have no chance to get the old breen ships. Even though I am veteran player, I also do not have all the old breen ships and their consoles which are needed for the set bonus of the new ship.

Please, give us a chance to slot the old breen ships again. If needed, let people do the daily event for different ships on different chars.

I have seen that there are many similar posts in the forum and many people writing in-game about the unfortunate decision to plan retiring the old breen ships. Please, reconsider the decision, in order to make many people happy and let them run down the ice channel to get also the old breen ships. We all would appreciate this possibility.

Don't think it's going to happen. They made it pretty clear that they were going for the yearly-unlock model, making each year's thing a unique, one-time reward. Hence the buy-back for the tokens for both Summer and Winter that could otherwise be carried over to future years.

It's a fine model. And really, there's very little in STO that is actually locked down this way. Most anything can be claimed by anyone, anytime.

Not to mention that giving people a wide selection of nice free ships readily available makes it less likely they will buy the newer ones in the same role. But that's just crazy talk, I am sure.

Shhhh, stop speaking logical business language :tongue:
  • geniciagenicia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2015

The problem isn't that they only have them once, it's that they have them once and then stupidly have item sets connected to them that are mostly worthless without the whole thing, for example the CBC console set which sucks without the 4th console from an event ship.
  • veryth12veryth12 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    genicia wrote: »

The problem isn't that they only have them once, it's that they have them once and then stupidly have item sets connected to them that are mostly worthless without the whole thing, for example the CBC console set which sucks without the 4th console from an event ship.

I can understand why they wanted to change the system so that you only have one shot at the ships, but they really should have had a "last chance" event giving people one last opportunity to get the ships. So, for example, this year you could queue all four ships, and possibly get them all, but after this years event is over they are all cleared and you missed your shot.

I personally have them all, but I would be fairly upset had I missed one with the plan of getting it this year. Especially since at this point if you missed out on the raider, you never get to have the frigate pets. EVER! <queue dramatic music>

• stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    As I've said elsewhere, there are plenty of reasons to get this ship and do the grind even if you don't intend for a second to fly it.

Having now seen the 4 pc set bonus, It's pretty much a must-have for me and I fully intend to relocate that console to my Sarr Theln. I probably won't try grinding the Mastery out for all of my characters, though.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    rock lobstaaaa
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    i8myhell wrote: »
    This design looks good, but I too preferred the older design more.

Cryptic/PWI sure is steam rolling ahead with their "exclusivity" campaign with offering services/products for only certain players instead of offering the opportunity to all.

Maybe you spent Lobi to acquire which ever currency to prepare ... big deal we'll toss some scraps to you to compensate the actual money you might have spent for those Lobi & you will be happy with it.

Want a free T6 ship no questions asked ... we'll offer some of you this but we'll never state why or how we decided some get the Andromeda while some wont. But no one should feel left out but we might do something like this again but who knows it will be our little secret.

Want to know the specific odds for any of the Lock Boxes ... can't tell you, but lots of people have been kind enough to get pretty accurate projections from Tribble. Similar slight of hands thinking that allows this gambling by reasoning that if we toss out a few Lobi that is the real prize & it is guaranteed even though it's not even marketed as the grand prize. I suspect one day we'll be able to play Star Trek Online Lock Box of the current trend co-sponsored by Fan Duel or that Draft Fantasy.

& yes these console-set perks which are all well until you start allowing only certain players an opportunity to have a complete set which is part of that "exclusive" mind-set approach. It harms nothing allowing the complete STO fan-base these same opportunities. Limited time offerings are perfectly reasonable. They heighten whatever Event their pushing, but discontinuing altogether is pathetic & helps no one but hinders some. Now if they offered a method to acquire the previous consoles since they have added the perk of an even more complete set that would at least offer a balance since perhaps new players were not even possibly playing STO when the previous ships were released.

I luv this line: I suspect one day we'll be able to play Star Trek Online Lock Box of the current trend co-sponsored by Fan Duel or that Draft Fantasy.

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Very sweet. My Klingon don't have a Dreadnought to play with. So this will be a good ship for him at that level. And he already has the other Breen ships. So another added to his Breen collection.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    trip68 wrote: »
    last year we got a crab, this year is a lobster, what does that leave for next year?

*Shrugs* a Shrimp!!!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    Please let us account unlock the past ships. Its bad for the new free to players or people wgo missed it before and leaves a bad taste in peoples month. I want people to keep playing not getting upset and leave.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • crypticnictuscrypticnictus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I did have the old projects slotted, had ~200 photos on 4 different character toward them when my computer imploded; but they vanished during the last year and now I can't ever get the ships.
  • nyarka123nyarka123 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    last year we got a crab, this year is a lobster, what does that leave for next year?
    spider
    latest?cb=20080502211130
    Mac user.
    Captain: ISS Terror (Mirror Guardian)

tumblr_static_tumblr_lutla7afj51qd6v0do1_500.gif
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    veryth12 wrote: »
    genicia wrote: »

I can understand why they wanted to change the system so that you only have one shot at the ships, but they really should have had a "last chance" event giving people one last opportunity to get the ships. So, for example, this year you could queue all four ships, and possibly get them all, but after this years event is over they are all cleared and you missed your shot.

I personally have them all, but I would be fairly upset had I missed one with the plan of getting it this year. Especially since at this point if you missed out on the raider, you never get to have the frigate pets. EVER! <queue dramatic music>

So what about the people that come to the game after a "last chance" event?
  • kasrakenkasraken Member Posts: 213 Bug Hunter
    Someone asked to see the admiralty statistics.. Here they are.
    (1x use ship but same as event ship except 18h maintenance)
    BreenRezrethDreadnoughtCruiser-6_zpsapr4u6in.png

MacoShield_zpsus2ux3rw.png
    Operational Support Team
    Squishing Bugs for a better future
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I am definitely looking forward to this ship and this years winter event! With the very old Breen tactical officer being the only Breen bridge officer offered so far. Will there ever be more, like an engineer or science Breen officers offered?
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I don't know about everyone else, but I think that making the Rezreth's console part of the same set as the previous three ships was a stupid move on Cryptic's part. Sure, players like me who have unlocked all previous ships will be able to use the full bonus, but those who joined since the last winter event will never be able to use the full set. The same goes for the Plesh Brek Frigates since you need the Plesh Brek Raider to unlock them.

These facts alone I feel would turn some people off from wanting to get the ship. Put yourself in the place of a new player for whom this would be their first winter wonderland participation. Apart from knowing you get an admiralty ship from it, would you choose to bother getting the ship if you knew there were things you could never unlock?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Well, Trendy, tell the artists there that they made a badass looking ship, now if only there was an easier way of getting those damned q pictures...
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    0.o?

Easier? ... Really?
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    This ship looks absolulty bad AZZ! Devs HINT HINT look at this when you design KDF ships in the future!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Well, Trendy, tell the artists there that they made a badass looking ship, now if only there was an easier way of getting those damned q pictures...

Q pictures are going away, so it'll be 2015 winter vouchers.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    daveyny wrote: »

A Shrimp

B)

When one runs out of breen there is always the Fek'ihr :)

Seafood in space for xmas :D

Edit: DId make me wonder now that that we have a T6 KDF bop makes me wonder looking at this thing what a revamped/T6 vo'quv would look like. Looking at it made me want to play it again lol.
  • commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I bet we will get a T6 Chel Grett and Plesh Brekk at some point.
    Fek'ihr ships would be nice! I would also like to see more Mirror ships, Section 31 ships, Cardassian Keldon, more Orion and Nausicaan ships, and I'm sure there are plenty of others that people would like to see also.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Fek'ihr ships would be nice! I would also like to see more Mirror ships, Section 31 ships, Cardassian Keldon, more Orion and Nausicaan ships, and I'm sure there are plenty of others that people would like to see also.

I'd like to see a full over-haul of the KDF in general. The boring initial story, dreary aesthetics, and lackluster costume options make it very hard to want to play a kdf toon. At least, for me, anyway. Pretty much the same reasons I didn't play City of Villains. ;)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    kasraken wrote: »
    The ability text has a glitch and it's actually eng, not tac.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sadorsador Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    rangerryu wrote: »
    just a question....are there actually any Breen ships left to turn into player ships?

If they run out of Breen ships, then they should start giving us Andorian ships :smiley:
    The only issue I forsee with this is that we've only ever seen the Kumari from Enterprise and we already have that. The Andorians are like the Vulcans at this point, their individual space forces are largely folded into Starfleet. I'm sure there are regional concerns building long haul freighters and transports, but there isn't likely to be an individual Andorian navy by the 25th century as it makes more financial sense to throw in with Starfleet and have more ships available overall since you start to get into economies of scale when you get 5 major governments involved in a project.
  • captainfelidaecaptainfelidae Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Really nice ship, Nice console.

But I will never be able to complete the set because I've only been playing for a year...

1314029819767.png

Im playing the same amount of time a day as older players (probably more than many), Spending money on the game as much as older players, But for some reason I don't deserve access to the same content because Cryptic have decided it will somehow make me want to keep playing (and spending) despite the feeling of being screwed over? Yeah no.
  • theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    Not surprised with the stats, I wish it had an tact console instead of that 5th engie, would be better choice for wider range of Captains, I'll be taking it to finally complete my Gre..I mean Breen collection, don't see myself flying it as it's not my type of vessel, too slow too little tact etc. It does make for a good tank, in a loss of a better term - I wonder how useful it's 5th mastery slot will be?

Now if Cryptic didn't change the currency I could get it in two days worth of the race...hmm I suddenly understand why they'd changed the currency.

Oh well, Mean Breen people here I come for the jump-spamming race.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    kasraken wrote: »
    The ability text has a glitch and it's actually eng, not tac.

You mean it'll ignore +/- Eng? If so then that's fantastic! I have 60+ ships available in the Admiralty system and none of them ignore Eng events which is quite a pain sometimes.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    sov42 wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »

I'd like to see a full over-haul of the KDF in general. The boring initial story, dreary aesthetics, and lackluster costume options make it very hard to want to play a kdf toon. At least, for me, anyway. Pretty much the same reasons I didn't play City of Villains. ;)

I completely agree! PWE did overhaul the story at one point but ended up making it much worse. Originally, the story wasn't bad but there just wasn't enough content. Instead of adding more content, they stripped out the first few levels and that didn't change much, then they added a little more and had things start at the starting level once again, but then they went ahead and butchered the TRIBBLE out of it into what we have now.

The biggest problem with the KDF side is the generic mix of Fed junk, with nothing changed, so you feel like you are playing the Fed side with a Klingon. This is completely PWE's fault for not taking the time to do things right! The original Fek'ihr missions were some of the best missions STO had. Sadly, PWE has removed more missions than they have added over the years, especially recently.