test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

// Bort & The Gang, Can we get Snowball Fights Back for Xmas? \\

Comments

• Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Hopefully we will get to see a couple of devs in the Winter Wonderland again so we can have snowball fights with them
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    This just reminded me, I have a whole load of snowballs in my bank still from last year... Who's for a warm up fight?
    animated.gif
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Sure. Add it back for those who want it. Then add knockdown/knockback negation to the Party Nullifer.

Problem solved. Problem staying solved. Rangers lead the way.

Well add the knockback nullification out of combat, otherwise the party nullifier will become OP in PVE lol.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Edited...nothing to see? fish-48.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Nah, no snowballs, and knocking down other players.
    Snowballs sure, if they don't do anything to player characters. Like it is now.

If you want a snowball fight, then ask them for some PVP map, where factions can control territory.

We don't need more troll gear in game, and snowballs that knock down other players is the epitome of troll gear.

If you want that in game, ask for the PVP map/control territory where battle is done with snowballs exclusively.
    Or ask for a separate zone, one where players would never be forced into (via loading), one where the player would have to manually choose that zone him/herself.
    And label it as such "Snowball" zone. So players would be well aware of what was happening in said zone and wouldn't accidentally load up that map.
    With these provisions sure, have at it.

But, other then the above options, it's just another way to troll people.

Edit: Removed something I said, that was unfair to the OP.

Post edited by taylor1701d on
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    As long as there's a "No Snowball Zone" boundary around the race tracks (snowballs can't be tossed within so many meters of the track), so as to not disrupt the racers. But you can use them to disrupt players fighting off the snowmen or players fighting off the lake boss if he spawns.

Racers were set to be immune to snowballs two years ago - just like how racers are immune to the hourly snowman attacks.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,331 Arc User
    @borticuscryptic

Can we get snowball fights put back in for the winter event? Its a lot of fun!

I believe the correct phrase is: "Let's not and say we did".
    Personally i find them pretty annoying.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Why is it so important to you that you be able to knock someone down? Isn't hitting them with the snowball sufficient? Please explain your answer.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Sure. Add it back for those who want it. Then add knockdown/knockback negation to the Party Nullifer.

A snowball knockback/down nullifier? This is acceptable. The people who don't want to be knocked down, aren't and those that do, can be. Only trolls would see this is a bad option. Make it cost 100 GPL, and be done with it.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    gradii wrote: »
    As long as falling over doesn't cancel interactions.

^ Seconded.​​

Thirded. Though I can still see it being a minor annoyance if halts you from getting to a bank or exchange. I don't remember how it was before, but the knockdown chance should be low and shouldn't last more than a second. But overall, I agree with you OP.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User

I support this suggestion.
    As another option, it could be added to the Winter Tribble-thingy passives.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I am all for snowball fights, anywhere, anytime, aside from the daily and PVP races, other than that let fly!
    Have to say I really enjoyed a good snowball fight in previous years, and never had any problems with any of the races personally as a result of them.
    Just make it so you cant use them on or around race tracks.
    And to the topic of RL snowballs, I once got hit in the face with a snowball packed with stones, it truely sucked, and yes, I was very much on my TRIBBLE.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Its fun

Also we're meant to want the best for one another, and it helps people lighten up.

It'd be more funny if you could knock-down even members of your own faction, in fact. Snow-balls aren't picky! :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    Why is it so important to you that you be able to knock someone down? Isn't hitting them with the snowball sufficient? Please explain your answer.

Its fun

Also we're meant to want the best for one another, and it helps people lighten up.

I would only be on board with the snowball knock down feature if it was disabled by default and had to be enabled from the options menu.

That way those who have no interest in those pranks won't be bothered by them either.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    i see, so it's for trolling.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Wait for it.....
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    I don't get why so many of you are anti-fun.

Its the Christmas/Winter event - a social event at a social time of year. Stop all this 'Bah humbug' nonsense and join in the fun and games with your fellow players!

If the prospect of your avatar being knocked down bothers you, you can easily retaliate by lobbing a snowball back at the other player, knocking them down in retaliation!

Its all good wholesome fun and I can't see why anyone would be against it

yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    I think the main problem is that people want to be immune to it during the Races. If they are not then they know where this is going to end.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    And there it is...
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Man this thread is so much better than the one about the game's economy.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Edit: nvm.. just not worth it.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    @cidjack
    Yeah, the trolls here are much less verbose.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    I am all for snowball fights, anywhere, anytime, aside from the daily and PVP races, other than that let fly!
    Just make it so you cant use them on or around race tracks.
    This.

I´d like snowball fights, including the knock back chance (because: funny). Also, the "adult combat veterans" won´t get hurt and won´t lose their dignity (because: pixels).

rezking wrote: »
    As another option, it could be added to the Winter Tribble-thingy passives.
    No. Don´t tamper with my winter tribble.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • Options
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    I don't get why so many of you are anti-fun.

Its the Christmas/Winter event - a social event at a social time of year. Stop all this 'Bah humbug' nonsense and join in the fun and games with your fellow players!

If the prospect of your avatar being knocked down bothers you, you can easily retaliate by lobbing a snowball back at the other player, knocking them down in retaliation!

Its all good wholesome fun and I can't see why anyone would be against it

It's not fun when forced upon others. When people want to participate then they're free to do so, but don't force your "fun" onto others.​​