What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

// Bort & The Gang, Can we get Snowball Fights Back for Xmas? \\

1235»

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I don't personally care about snowballs one way or another, but everytime these threads come up I can't help but wonder how these "snowballs are assault" -people would react in games where other players can actually kill you? B)
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Perhaps a snowball PvP map could be introduced (though if it hasn't been planned by now it's not going to make it in this year) as a new event. Those who want to have snowball fights will have a place to do it, and may even get some Christmas toys for their time. Those who don't, don't have to do that event. I have a hard time imagining the coding working properly to stop people from being hit in the middle of races or ganked at beam-in points if they try to go back to the old method (especially since I suspect the map wasn't just edited last year, but is technically a NEW map based on the old), given all the other crazy bugs like snowmen spawning underground on the lake, so I think setting up snowball PvP on a new map is the best way to prevent introducing new gamebreaking bugs to the existing map.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,376 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    This is all seems like a rather pointless discussion anyway.

It's pretty obvious that after last years 'closed' discussion thread about this same topic (and the ruckus that was going on in the game), that Cryptic is not going to change things back to the way it was.

The matter is moot as far as the Dev's are concerned.

I sure hope not.

Pretty much all the bad changes from the DR period have been rolled back. Advanced Queues dont fail anymore, new t6 ships are 2500z instead of 3000, its not a super grind anymore to get spec points.

The devs in sto are pretty responsive, hoping the spirit of the holiday season they rethink the nerf they did last year, at least for the duration of the winter event!

Give us back our snowball fights!

The thing is that the community is deeply divided if the changes to the snowballs are, as you put it, a bad change.
    There are vocal persons on either side. For me it is simply a fact that i don't want to be forced into something others consider fun.

The shenanigans at drozanna with snowballs lie fresh in my memory.
    Keep the snowball effects disabled by default and allow those who wish to experience being knocked down and frozen by snowballs to enable that through the option menu.

If it is enabled as it was before, there is a considerable chance that the feature will be abused again and that as a result it will be disabled again and this time permanent. Put the safeguard i mentioned above in place, not some anti disco ball consumable like thing, BEFORE enabling it again.

By doing it that way, both sides can enjoy the gameplay they enjoy without bothering/harassing each other.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    For next year. Fed vs KDF capture the flag free for all "arena". VERY minimal rewards (something inconsequential so it doesn't lead to farming) so it's primarily about just beating on each other and the incentive is to join a full instance instead of an empty one. No start or end times. Let it run 24/7.