test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror Invasion Event

Comments

• Options
    m0ralesm0rales Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I'd love to finish the mission, but I get disconnected every time...oh now I see the server is offline. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
  • Options
    azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Well looks like the Tribbles have escaped there cages again, I was right in the middle of the mirror event when the servers went down.

Guys I really think you need to get better cages for the little monsters they seem to have a habit of eating the suger Bars of there cage lol
    OdanLexACCESSDENIED.png
  • Options
    reikontenshireikontenshi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Gotta love the unscheduled maintenance to fix what the scheduled maintenance did, eh?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Bravo, Cryptic... Bravo. Did Guy Fawkes get into your servers today or something?
  • Options
    xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Thank you! I been waiting and hoping this event would run again soon.
    1kltX02.jpg
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »
    And it's no easier when you have AFKers who say they'll be back to kill the dreadnought and no one closes rifts so that you get swamped.
    Yeah, but that's totally fair. It doesn't matter if you get swamped, because you're totally powerless to change the outcome. You're stuck there, unable to change the outcome, no matter what you do. May as well just wait for the Dread to spawn so you can bash it and go home. Nothing you do matters.

It matters to me and that's no excuse to sit out and do nothing and then expect to get the stuff.

If you're not going to do anything then don't even go in and leave the spot for someone who will.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Hope we'll be gettin an extra day of this and the dil event... Seems the right thing to do with the servers being pooched.
    @pwlaughingtrendy @salamiinferno
  • Options
    daltonimperialdaltonimperial Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    First time I've done this, and I'm am a little disappointed. It's nice to (seemingly?) not be able to fail, but it also would be nice to have the dreadnought appear either after 10 minutes or getting station defenses to level 5 to reward playing well (or at least being fortunate with AFKs/disconnects). Enemy ships staying close to the rifts rather than moving closer to the station makes it rather unfunly difficult to try to rally for what seems like a lot of ships/rifts for only 5 players.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah, I really hope they rework it to have a way to speed it up... such as ending the first part early if you get the SB fully powered....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    It matters to me and that's no excuse to sit out and do nothing and then expect to get the stuff.

If you're not going to do anything then don't even go in and leave the spot for someone who will.
    Yeah, but here's the thing you might not have noticed yet: The first stage is nothing more than loud noises. It doesn't matter what, if anything, you do. If you enjoy making loud pointless noise, you can amuse yourself with it, but it makes absolutely no difference. Only thing that actually matters is the final Dreadnought bash, which, as you clearly see, everyone DOES show up for. But the first 15 minutes amounts to nothing more than an interactive cutscene.
    Well then, I hope that Cryptic finds a way to make the AFK penalty stick in there, cause AFK is AFK, no matter what you think about it and if you can't do the whole thing, then you don't deserve any of the rewards. If you don't want to protect the starbase then I don't want you at my back, because that makes you unreliable.

Again, if people would rather go AFK than do the mission then they shouldn't even go in. And the AFK penalty should apply even if they show for the dreadnought because they were AFK, deliberately and admitting it.

Anyone from Cryptic seeing this? Players are deliberately going AFK and getting rewarded for it. It ain't right. And neither is it 'fair' as you so eloquently put it. What's fair about doing nothing until the last bit, leaving others to carry your load?

One other thing..how fair would you think it would be if the AFK penalty actually applied and you received no reward even though you 'showed up' for the dreadnought? Now I would call that fair.
    Post edited by echatty on
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    What if the whole team AFKs? How many marks is that? >:)
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Pretty much exactly the same as if you do anything, because, quite frankly, that starbase is pretty doomed no matter what you do: The portals are infinite, the enemies are infinite. You can't stop them

You absolutely don't know what you're talking about. With a decent team, even a PUG, you can close the portals as fast as they open, and when you reach a precise number of closed portals (between 21 and 31, from what i've seen, probably depending on the station's defense level), the portals stop opening and your team can basically spend 4 to 6 minutes with no enemy ships at all. But hey, to do that you need to 1/ have decent dps, 2/ decent tactics (the goal is to CLOSE THE PORTALS) and 3/ not start the mission with this kind of attitude "the station is doomed, so who cares if i do something or not, the final result will be the same ! ".

signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    bluemage3 wrote: »
    how many of those transporter devices can you get per day?
    One per character.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy

Can you please have someone give us the stats for that rifle. The blog simply said "details below," but then never said any details at all.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    If you've got people going AFK and actually saying in chat they'll be AFK, take a quick screenshot and report 'em.

If you're unlucky enough to have a particular player go AFK in the Mirror queue, then chances are that the same player goes AFK most times they play. Enough reports, and something might be done about it.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Actually, performance is rewarded. You get more marks for the same amount of time if you close a lot of portals.

Amusingly enough, though, I find it rather entertaining when the Terrans draw me into a prolonged engagement. Managed to hold off an entire fleet of ships of all kinds in my T5 Defiant yesterday - my connection shorted out in the middle of the battle, but it was quite nice to see my fragile, weak little boat (that's not so much a jab at the Defiant's stats as a jab at my builds :tongue:) withstand over a dozen ships firing at it while it weaves through the formation with all guns blazing. Very nice, indeed. :smile:

Personally, I try to perform the objectives for as long as I'm not attacked. I just don't run away when they start shooting, unless I'm flying something like my T'varo, in which case all bets are off.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    The very first one I did yesterday, we closed around 25 or so portals and they stopped spawning, so I find you saying you closed 100 of them and they kept spawning to be suspect.

If you find it so wretchedly boring then don't go in at all and let people who want to play have a chance at it. It doesn't matter if the starbase is invincible as you say. What happens when the starbase health goes down is that it repairs, and we lose marks because that happened. I don't know about you, but part of the reason I do it is to get marks. Just because the first part is a lot of pew-pewing, I still prefer to at least attempt to complete the objectives so I can earn more marks.

To do absolutely nothing and expect to be rewarded for it is something I've seen quite a lot of. Frankly, I don't think much of people who expect to get something for nothing. So you come back to fight the dreadnought, should I give you a standing ovation for abandoning your team because you don't like part of the mission? I think not. Anyone who refuses to do part of any stf because they 'don't like it' shouldn't participate and definitely shouldn't be rewarded for doing nothing except the parts they like.

I certainly hope Cryptic/PWE is paying attention to this. They're rewarding people who admit to doing nothing in MI.

Again, because it bears repeating, those who expect to get the prize even though they deliberately abandon their team do not deserve any respect, nor do they deserve the rewards. They're poor players, in my opinion, and even worse people.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    I made a ship that was built specifically to close portals, closed ~100 of them solo. Typhoons everywhere anyway.

I doubt that.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2015
    I dislike when this event comes round, the Crystalline one is so much more fun. Artificially forcing people to sit there doing nothing for 5 minutes because they are good at the mission is not my idea of fun. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    yaisuke15yaisuke15 Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    How many are running this on easy? On advanced? On elite?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at me I'm a target!"
    "Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
    "How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
    My proposal for a Galaxy bundle
  • Options
    ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    yaisuke15 wrote: »
    How many are running this on easy? On advanced? On elite?

There's no elite version of this event.

signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I ran it on advanced once yesterday. It wasn't for me. I admit I'm not of the dps crowd and we were also a team member short as one either got d/c or left on their own. So we probably did fairly well for the people we did have. The others at least tried, even with the odds against us. We lost the station bonus, naturally. And we all blew up several times, but we stuck it out.

I'm sticking with easy, but not sitting out any part of it. Anyone who does is simply an inconsiderate jerk who doesn't deserve to get the transporter device (or whatever it's called).

And khamseenair..no one is 'forcing' you to do anything. If you know what to expect and go in anyway, no one is forcing it upon you. Personally, I like having a bit of time to catch my breath before the dread spawns.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    On Normal, what is minimum amount of marks? What is the max?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    yaisuke15yaisuke15 Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    I'd have to run it again, but I got 57 marks on one run. Lost one due to station health being 90%. Defence's were all up, and dreadnought killed in less than five minutes. About 25 or so portals closed.

This was on easy of course.

Sticking with that, and I like actually flying around shooting stuff up. I get more specialization points for doing so. Aiming for that shiny intel power that starts the last branch. I actually aggro more now than I used to in my FACR. Thank God for all the Phaser boosting items.

And why queue an STF if you aren't going to play said STF. That's just stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at me I'm a target!"
    "Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
    "How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
    My proposal for a Galaxy bundle
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    And khamseenair..no one is 'forcing' you to do anything. If you know what to expect and go in anyway, no one is forcing it upon you. Personally, I like having a bit of time to catch my breath before the dread spawns.

Poor choice of words perhaps. I still stand by the dislike of that though and I know many others do too as every run I've done over the last year or two since it was introduced has had multiple team mates complain about it. Thirty seconds or a minute (at most) is acceptable 'down time'. Five or more minutes of sitting there doing nothing because they decided to set a minimum time for the mission to take for no real reason at all, is not.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Why? Because they think just coming back to kill the dread is enough work to get the shiny. They want something for nothing.

It's like signing up to mine in the Vlugta mine, not doing the mining and expecting to receive the dil anyway. It's not fair to the other miners and them thumbing their noses at their other teammates and sitting out until the dread spawns is equally as unfair if they get the shiny as well as the ones who worked the whole thing.

BTW, I like trying to achieve the objectives and shoot stuff myself. I like trying to keep the station from going offline so as to get the station bonus. I like just helping people, even if the station isn't in danger of actually going boom rather than just going offline. There are still people inside it who need help, it's not just an empty shell we're trying to protect.
    Now a LTS and loving it.