test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror Invasion Event

Comments

• Options
    zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    But is an agony rifle an ethically accepted weapon?

in mirror Starfleet it is

tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    looks more like a stabby weapon. any stats or effects info? would be nice if the unlock for the weapon is account wide so toons under 50 can claim since all these bonus items are different for each event.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    But mah Fallout 4. :(

Caps vs Dil. Caps vs. Dil. Damnit.
  • Options
    titansupremetitansupreme Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    So this is a ground event? Because all of the pics in that article are of ground combat.

I think those are screen shots of the rewarded rifle in use. The Zephram Cochrane Shotgun was also a ground weapon award from an earlier Mirror event.

2821j4m.jpg
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    zulisvel wrote: »
    But mah Fallout 4. :(

Caps vs Dil. Caps vs. Dil. Damnit.

Go for Caps. At least the rewards are permanent and the grind much less painful due to the sandbox nature of the game.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    phrg wrote: »
    Just wondering if this event will be 14 'Transporters' per Alt or a reduced number after achieving it for the first time on an Alt.

Guessing the former...

you need 14 due to the dil... per toon. still would be nice if the item was account unlock so folks who want to skip the farm on alts can claim it and pass up the dil if they choose.
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Will we be able to get the new marks from this? Nothing is mentioned in that news about mirror invasion event.

I think it's been fubared a few times in the past, so we couldn't get the new marks for a few days or a week.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,487 Community Moderator
    I, too, would love to see the Mirror Invasion and Crystalline Cataclysm event rewards added to the Event Store. I was able to grind CC on my alts, but MI is impossible to do.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I half-expected something like the mirror invasion coming around the corner. It fits nicely next to the cardassian story revamp. And the new queues. Bring ooon the dil! :smiley:

Not a lot of details on this agony rifle thingy in the article though...

Guess we'll see later. Worst case, when claiming it. :smile:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    phoeniz1994phoeniz1994 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    still no news about the Season 11 Mirror Uniform?

Still,i'm in for this Mark fest ;)
    0he9rXF.png
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    This event is ok. I don't mind running it except for the fact that every AFKer will be there to spoil the fun.
  • Options
    propheticallyprophetically Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    When will we get another chance at the mirror Cochran Shotgun? I was hospitalized last time and couldn't play!
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I, too, would love to see the Mirror Invasion and Crystalline Cataclysm event rewards added to the Event Store. I was able to grind CC on my alts, but MI is impossible to do.

Yeah, it'd be nice if they carried over the Event Ship system to the Event Items. Just a simple Reclaim, like each character currently earns individually but applied account-wide, would be wonderful.
    When will we get another chance at the mirror Cochran Shotgun? I was hospitalized last time and couldn't play!

Yeah, the ability to select old Event Item projects would be nice too, though the Seasonal Event logic is probably being applied to these as well... meaning that you've got to get is while the getting it good. Exclusivity isn't something that I desire over players that missed an Event, so long as they have to earn the items by playing the Events the same way I did.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Time to dig out the Phantom and tear up some mirror universe scumbags.

The dilithium exchange is going to go off the chart though with all the ore flying round at the same time!
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    So no bonus XP anymore from the Mirror Invasion? Figures. No thanks, ill pass.
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Happy this will be back. I've got so many characters that have previous versions partially done.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    natejam101 wrote: »
    So no bonus XP anymore from the Mirror Invasion? Figures. No thanks, ill pass.

Bonus XP was attached to the hourly event mirror invasion event and was for all levels. This one is only for level 50 and above.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    is this event ground, space or both?
    7aamriW.png
  • Options
    hawkyenarasumashawkyenarasumas Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    The idea that any Starfleet Officer would be allowed (or would WANT) to use that rifle is patently ridiculous. I'd be willing to bet even the Klingons would argue whether such a weapon was honorable. I'm a little tired of the way the morality of Starfleet is being forgotten, especially since this Season is supposed to be about getting back to exploration and what Starfleet is really about. "Phasers on stun" should be our modus operandi, not "torture those guys until they die."

That said, thank you for running this event again. It's always nice to get a boost to help me build up my tiny fleet.
    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
    Admiral Hawkye L. Narasumas
    Commanding Officer, NX-91883 U.S.S. Harmony - Prometheus Class Custom Variant
    Fleet Commander, No Fate

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    *Looks at the Agony Rifle*

I am SO using this on Slamek when I get my hands on him!

Lol... "It's too bright in he.... AARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Better still, "Kurland here!" *static* "Not for long!".
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Look forward, as this is one fun event.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Bonus Dil event AND Mirror Event at the same time? The Dil exchange rates are going to go through the roof. :#

Unless there is a looming bait-and-switch punchline where it is revealed that the Mirror Event rewards are excluded from the dilithium bonus. They pulled that BS with the reputation rewards.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Bonus Dil event AND Mirror Event at the same time? The Dil exchange rates are going to go through the roof. :#

Unless there is a looming bait-and-switch punchline where it is revealed that the Mirror Event rewards are excluded from the dilithium bonus. They pulled that BS with the reputation rewards.

I think it's almost a given. That's how I think they do ALL Event/Rep rewards now.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    hanover2 wrote: »

I think it's almost a given. That's how I think they do ALL Event/Rep rewards now.

you do realise that the Dil event only lasts from thursday til monday and the mirror event runs til the 26th of the month
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    ynrocjdynrocjd Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I just love the "Relativity" 29th century phaser design, the rifle fits perfectly.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Yeah, the ability to select old Event Item projects would be nice too, though the Seasonal Event logic is probably being applied to these as well...
    Ah, the 'exclusivity' which I cannot recall any player asking for. I fail to see the rationale for such nonsense; event rewards were working just fine as they were, thank you very much.

And yes, the absence of details on the rifle is puzzling and something that should've been caught by QA. Also, is it just me, or does the model look rather small for a rifle?

30fa69717904cd3d9bf0a199a9dd42301446653096.jpg

It looks more like something between a SMG and a large-frame pistol than a full-on rifle.

Also, I do wonder how come the idea of science ships closing portals faster wasn't applied to Counterpoint...
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    Hmm... 50k dilithium... I may have to run this on multiple characters... Also slightly disappointed that the rifle is just a reskinned Relativity rifle...
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    And yes, the absence of details on the rifle is puzzling and something that should've been caught by QA. Also, is it just me, or does the model look rather small for a rifle?

30fa69717904cd3d9bf0a199a9dd42301446653096.jpg

It looks more like something between a SMG and a large-frame pistol than a full-on rifle.

Because it was originally an Undine event reward that never happened? (They just slapped a 'Mirror' tag on it?)

Look at the rest of the pictures in the OP. It looks like some kind of ground event involving the Undine at P'Jem.
  • Options
    rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    Yay, now I can finally finish my project from last time.
    76561198032353876.png
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Can we get more than 50k Dil? Seriously, that's not enough these days.