test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Invasion Event

The Mirror Invasion will be returning to Star Trek Online as part of a brand new limited time event starting on Thursday, November 5th, 2015, and ending on Thursday, November 26th, 2015 (when maintenance begins). This revamped event map will only be playable during this three week event timeframe.

Learn more about the Mirror Invasion event including the Agony Rifle (Ow, that burns!)

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Mirror!!!!

A rifle version of the stasis pistol?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I'm not afraid of those mirrors. Let them come!

An invasion that will remind me how devilishly handsome my character is... sounds cool :p
  • zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    I want that rifle
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    But is an agony rifle an ethically accepted weapon?

Oh, 50,000 Dilithium?! Let's break some mirrors.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Are Rifle Stats coming in a Later Blog?
  • orcandenorcanden Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Please, please, please devs, make this rifle acct bound. The only character I have that I really want this on, is the only one I can't run the event on.
  • farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    No. No more Mirror...
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    So this is a ground event? Because all of the pics in that article are of ground combat.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    A rifle you say? idk sounds tricky
    i think i will pas....50K DIL?!!!

*loads his TR-116 sniper rifle*

They'll Never know what hit them
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Was wondering when one of these were coming. Should be fun with the updates to Mirror stuff.
  • lorne12lorne12 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    And I thought we would have repelled this "Terran scout force" forever ^^

You read an lorne12™ post

bZVIEMl.jpg
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Whilst I am pleased this event is back, as I wasn't able to complete it on several chars last time (13/14!) due to a holiday, I must admit I'm not personally a fan of this queue.

Unlike the Crystalline one, which is pretty quick, this one is long and dragged out, full of timed sections.

I'll still run the event, but this one feels more like work than fun sadly.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    How do we bring the use of an "agony rifle" in-line with Starfleet protocols? pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    How do we bring the use of an "agony rifle" in-line with Starfleet protocols? pig-2.gif​​

IF I play this event and somehow get the prize--which is doubtful because my computer is going to have to go in for repairs shortly and is likely to be gone for 2 weeks--I'd trash the rifle and take the dilithium. Consider it confiscation and destruction of dangerous contraband.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    Miror hell again. Can't we just get a relaxing session in some pain booths instead?
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I wish the rifle was made available in the Event Store after the event is over. Just make it so that you wouldn't be able to get the Dil and Mark bonus from it. Just the rifle. Fair enough for everyone; Cryptic will have gotten enough people to log in and play the event, while players who at least did the effort on one character but couldn't on the others due to a lack of time could eventually benefit the rest of their characters at the end of the event.

There's a few alts I'd like to grab the rifle for, but my limited time does not permit me to just grind them all the way to 50.

I'm hoping Cryptic will seriously consider putting the weapon itself in the Event Store once the event is over, for those that at least did the work.
    Post edited by hyperionx09 on
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Has the queue been revamped. Because it wouldn't be a Mirror Invasion without Admiral LEETA from the I.S.S. Enterprise. >:)
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    Rifle looks fun :D
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
      orcanden wrote: »
      Please, please, please devs, make this rifle acct bound. The only character I have that I really want this on, is the only one I can't run the event on.
      I wish the rifle was made available in the Event Store after the event is over. Just make it so that you wouldn't be able to get the Dil and Mark bonus from it. Just the rifle. Fair enough for everyone; Cryptic will have gotten enough people to log in and play the event, while players who at least did the effort on one character but couldn't due to a lack of time could eventually benefit the rest of their characters at the end of the event.

There's a few alts I'd like to grab the rifle for, but my limited time does not permit me to just grind them all the way to 50.

I'm hoping Cryptic will seriously consider putting the weapon itself in the Event Store once the event is over, for those that at least did the work.

Quoted for emphasis. We've got Samsars, Dyson destroyers, Nandis and what not - but why not these kinds of rewards?

In any case, I think there's some missing details on the rifle. (Looks interesting, by the way.)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
      I wish the rifle was made available in the Event Store after the event is over. Just make it so that you wouldn't be able to get the Dil and Mark bonus from it. Just the rifle. Fair enough for everyone; Cryptic will have gotten enough people to log in and play the event, while players who at least did the effort on one character but couldn't due to a lack of time could eventually benefit the rest of their characters at the end of the event.

42 characters here so yea i can sing s song about this, i too wish that ALL the Items or in Generel EVERY Special / Event Item would be added to the Account Wide Unlock Recliam Store, aynthing else is a major Grind Grind Grind. The Moment someone mentioned that he spotted the infos about the Mirror Event in the Tribble Patchnotes in Game i was like "Ughhh..Ughhhh..Ouch.....Stomach Hurts....PAIN.....O_o" when i told my Fiancee about it, her reaction was similar, since she also has around 40 Characters. The Mirror Event is by Far the MOST alt unfriendly and Punishing Event of all the Events, i was hoping that they would change a few things since the last time it took place, but looks like a nope.
    • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
      reyan01 wrote: »
      *Looks at the Agony Rifle*

I am SO using this on Slamek when I get my hands on him!

Does it come with an auto targeting feature? When Slamek or Tovan is in range they're the first ones to get it.
      When Slamek or tovan fires this rifle the beam makes a 180 and hits them instead.​​
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
      This rifle has the exact same model as the new relativity rifle from the lobi store on Tribble. Is this because it's supposed to be its mirror version, a weapon from the future as a counterpart to the weapon from the past of last time (the shotgun)?
      #TASforSTO
      Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
      Am I the only one who thinks this riffle has a slightly Cardassian look?​​
    • cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
      The Mirror Invasion will be returning to Star Trek Online as part of a brand new limited time event starting on Thursday, November 5th, 2015, and ending on Thursday, November 26th, 2015 (when maintenance begins). This revamped event map will only be playable during this three week event timeframe.

Learn more about the Mirror Invasion event including the Agony Rifle (Ow, that burns!)

~LaughingTrendy

I'll pass, i dont need ground gear and i certainly dont need dilithium ore >.>
    • phrgphrg Member Posts: 82 Arc User
      Just wondering if this event will be 14 'Transporters' per Alt or a reduced number after achieving it for the first time on an Alt.

Guessing the former...
    • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
      I am also not excited about running this daily 12 times/day for two weeks, though for 50k dil/per character and that spiffy rifle...

I'll do this, but I'll need more coffee! :)

I might also be able to finish up a mirror event project I had slotted for the past two events on one of my alts...
    • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
      Haha. The pictures and rifle in the article look like some kind of Undine event.
    • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
      42 characters here so yea i can sing s song about this, i too wish that ALL the Items or in Generel EVERY Special / Event Item would be added to the Account Wide Unlock Recliam Store, aynthing else is a major Grind Grind Grind. The Moment someone mentioned that he spotted the infos about the Mirror Event in the Tribble Patchnotes in Game i was like "Ughhh..Ughhhh..Ouch.....Stomach Hurts....PAIN.....O_o" when i told my Fiancee about it, her reaction was similar, since she also has around 40 Characters. The Mirror Event is by Far the MOST alt unfriendly and Punishing Event of all the Events, i was hoping that they would change a few things since the last time it took place, but looks like a nope.

I'm hoping they finally do what they said they would and actually begin making Event rewards go into the Event shop, even if it's only after the event is over. I don't mind if they only start now, and begin doing old FE events to allow unlocking of things like the Shard of Possibilities or the Orphidian Cane as well.

Compared to major events, I don't see how they couldn't just add a simple single-event item shop to the Event Store that would allow purchase of the Rifle itself on other alts, assuming they eventually hit 50.

The excuse of not doing so because the box also rewards Dil and Marks is not going to fly; despite them saying so for the Crystalline Event and the Crystalline Torpedo. They were able to grandfather the rewards of players who owned the original Dyson ship into the Event Store, and have proven that they do have a means of checking conditions then unlocking the item in the Event shop, so there's flatly no excuse as to why they cannot do the same here short of laziness.

I hate to say it, but rather than encouraging me to grind more, the more they try to restrict event items rather than put them into the store they made for such items only makes me want to spend more time in other games that allow other means of obtaining the event item for alts, even if it means repeatedly grinding the same event mission on a high level to pass the weapon/equipment/item down to a lower level via an account or mail option. Heck, other games even let players claim the old rewards on a first turn-in then newer rewards on a second turn-in, if they want. Those games that permit such encourage me to grind, as I have something I can work towards on my alts. You know, the actual carrot-and-stick method. Which STO seems to flip-flop on. They do it for limited-time-never-to-return ships, but they don't for other limited-time-never-to-return event rewards.

Their Events like Mirror or Crystal would be so much more popular if we were permitted to run extra missions to unlock the older rewards. Say an extra 2-5 Multidimensional Transporters or Crystalline Fragments per old reward that we could slot in after completing the main reward. Combined with making them unlock in the Account-wide Event Store, far more players would be running, even if it's just one character a day for most of the event rather than just 14-15 days then chill until the next event.

But I'm not holding my breath. If they do actually do this, I'll be more than happy to attempt to grind the event from start to finish to unlock everything for my alts, and give more time towards working a few alts up to be able to use said rewards. I don't need the Dil or the Marks. Just the event reward unlocked for all characters would be enough. But alas, I have to remain realistic and expect the usual "TRIBBLE you; grind 14 marks on all characters! What? They can't grind for it? Then grind them up and then grind the event!"
    • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
      edited November 2015
      You know, it's very misleading when this is supposed to be a space event and you post pictures of GROUND COMBAT.

You are missing details on the rifle. It says "details below" but where?​​
    • titansupremetitansupreme Member Posts: 47 Arc User
      Bonus Dil event AND Mirror Event at the same time? The Dil exchange rates are going to go through the roof. :#
      2821j4m.jpg