test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Dawn Giveaways!

Comments

• Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    DoFFs? ....im going to stop right there.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Its my Birthday and here's some gifts from Cyptic. Happy Birthday for me!
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Two questions please...
    How do i mail a doff?

Is there a source where i can see an index of all gamma quadrant doffs so i can successfully pick them out of a lineup?
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    takfel wrote: »
    Help settle an argument. What species is the female character on the "Season 11: New Dawn Giveaway" picture? Brother says Tellarite, but I say mix. Half Tellarite/Half Human.
    thats Leeta. like, Dabo girl leeta, only Mirror.

27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    May i ask where you got this information? Or is this your belief?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It gave me 2 gamma quadrant doff packs that weren't bound at all. :o It's cool though 'cause I can use them.

Edit: Spire provisions out of 1 pack. Seriously? At least I can sell it for EC to a vendor. Got a stack of 10 Ketracel White from the other pack. Yeah, like I really needed that with 15 characters stationed at DS9 to get those types of commodities.

Ooh! Got a purple quality refugee from 1 of the packs. Sweeeet! B)
    What race? I got a Vorta Refugee once. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    starblade7starblade7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    Help settle an argument. What species is the female character on the "Season 11: New Dawn Giveaway" picture? Brother says Tellarite, but I say mix. Half Tellarite/Half Human.
    thats Leeta. like, Dabo girl leeta, only Mirror.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9590413-star-trek-online:-badlands-battlezeone
    See: reference to "Admiral Leeta".

https://pwimages-a.akamaihd.net/arc/e7/6a/e76a98de0d0c9ada0fab1972246a3ac11444871198.png
    Leeta is Bajoran. If you look closely at the artwork, you can see the characteristic ridges on the nose.
    Forget the possibility of PvP, for so much has become pay-to-win, never to be balanced. Forget the promise of exploration and research, for in the grim dark future of Star Trek Online there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting publishers.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 696 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    A HUGE thank you for the Inventory Spaces! (YAY!) Claimed on all 7 characters. That was extremely generous and thoughtful, and is VERY much appreciated!

And thank you for the DOFF packs (2 awarded, including 2 Rare DOFFs of professions I was skimpy on, a pack of 10 Ketracel and 10 Embassy Provisions).

Re: Haggis (please don't kill me, Trendy, I DID post on topic, too) :)
    In answer to:
    questerius wrote: »
    Sounds like something which has potential providing the correct seasoning is used.
    Yeah definitely. Not really a summer dish. Just it with some neeps and tatties and possibly a whisky sauce if you're feeling really fancy haha.

The local chapter of the St. Andrew Society invited me to perform the "Toast to the Haggis" for their Hogmanay (New Year's celebration) one year. With huge knife in one hand and a bottle of single malt Scotch in the other, I recited the full page of Robert Burns' Toast (in dialect). During the toast, at the appropriate points, you slice open the haggis, and pour the single malt Scotch over it.

So the correct "seasoning" is not just a mere whisky sauce, but single malt Scotch. There are actual spices cooked into the haggis first, too, of course. And it's quite delicious.

And Scotty would approve! :)

And for the squeamish, you CAN buy commercial haggis whose outer wrapping is plastic wrap instead of sheep's paunch. Then again, if you're squeamish about haggis, you probably don't want to think too hard about what's in your hot dog, either...

Back on Topic: Can't wait to find what the other giveaways are. I REALLY hope the Eisilum Horta (as an Account Wide Unlock) is one. They did the Polytrinic one a couple of years ago and I LOVE mine.

Don't try a Horta haggis, though, they are VERY crunchy. Even with Scotch.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,390 Arc User
    Keep it on topic. No haggis. Bad haggis.

The cruelty. Anyway, thanks for the stuff and looking forward to day 3​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Nothing wrong with Haggis neeps and tattys in face I had grilled haggis as a starter on my wedding day and still love it to this day.
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    Here for my ancestors from Scotland Alba gu bràth

https://youtu.be/GowMI4wvmU4

Dang,
    Haggis is awesome. Never trust a person who doesn't like Haggis. :tongue:

Can't say i have ever eaten it, but i will try any sort of food.
    Seen a recipe once though. Sheep stomach with sheep liver, sheep tongue and sheep heart boiled/steamed with herbs onions and oats. Sounds like something which has potential providing the correct seasoning is used.

Now gimme.

Yeah, so many people are put off simply because of what's in it without ever trying it. I don't like people who don't try foods before deciding if they like them or not haha.
    May not always look 'the best', but it does taste fantastic.
    happisneeps.jpg

Having several chefs in the family I'm frequently a Guinea pig for various recipes.
    Would not mind tasting haggis, but given the choice and since it doesn't sound like a light dish it's probably best served during the dark months of the year.​​

NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    njdmb30njdmb30 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It was great that the DoFF giveaway was actually two packs! I thought it would just be one. I'm really hoping that we'll get a Ship Upgrade Token somewhere in here. I really need them for the T5 ships I've had sitting around. (Yes, I've already said this before in this thread. I'm just hoping if I bring it up again, it might actually come true lol)
    Here's hoping :smile:

Also hoping that the freebies continue during the weekend, and all the way until the S11 release on 27th.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Who else thinks the next give away will be a batch of haggis?

Never mind, couldn't help myself with this pun.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    There is haggis in game, isn't there?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Actually, I'm fairly sure there is, I'm checking STO gamepedia now...

ETA- http://sto.gamepedia.com/Haggis - there is.
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Right here, straight from canon:
    Leeta (mirror)

Note the part that says "She is also slated to appear in Season 11 of the computer game Star Trek Online, voiced by Chase Masterson."
  • Options
    Looks like the Germans got a heads up once again:
    http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9613523-eine-woche-voller-geschenke

Large bonus marks pack and again only claimable on a single character.​​
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,773 Arc User
    If I'm reading all of this material correctly, then the mirror universe in this game is an alternate, alternate mirror because that Leeta died. Unless she had only appeared to have died, a commonly used trope in Action/Sci-fi/Fantasy stories.

I'm sure we will know soon enough. :)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Bonus marks, eh? Yeah, yeah, you don't complain about free stuff. But I miss the giveaways of ye olde days...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, you can say that again - last year i got... i think around 6 ships on giveaways... or was it more ?

Edit:
    Plus a combat pet

• Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9613523-eine-woche-voller-geschenke

100 marks is not what I would call 'large'. You get that by running one, maybe two STFs.

I'm beginning to think the Future Flyer, despite not technically being part of the giveaway, will still be one of the most valuable things we get this time... (Well, except the inventory slots, I guess. Still a bit ticked off about not being able to use them on future characters, though.)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    If I'm reading all of this material correctly, then the mirror universe in this game is an alternate, alternate mirror because that Leeta died. Unless she had only appeared to have died, a commonly used trope in Action/Sci-fi/Fantasy stories.

I'm sure we will know soon enough. :)

wait when did mirror leeta die
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited October 2015

How could Leeta be mistaken for anything with Tellarite in it.

250px-Tellarite_Female.jpg?version=c14f5fc46a59bb95abf535913aa45b9e
    THIS is a Tellarite.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    To all those who think that girl in the picture is mirror leeta you are only drawing conclutions. There is actually nothing in fact saying this.

Think logically, the actress who played leeta, chase masterson was 36 when the series ds9 ended. STOverse is set 30 some odd years after star trek when we left it. That would make both leeta and mirror leeta approx 66 years old.

The girl in the picture looks to be in her 20's.
    So please.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User

I'm actually having conversations about why publishing is no longer synchronized. It's not actually the German CM however, to be clear.
  • Options
    karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    You know this mark boost is disappointing. It is not like we didn't have a mark boost week, a week ago.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'm not sure, but on Tribble
    in DS9 opps you can play some video Logs with Mirror Leta in it (she actually says her name), and she does not look like the one on that picture.... i think...
    Post edited by saber1973a on
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

I'm actually having conversations about why publishing is no longer synchronized. It's not actually the German CM however, to be clear.

You will just have to adapt to the German time table Trendy. Your next News update is due at 1:00 AM PST. I will be expecting your transmission. :*
  • Options

Large bonus marks pack and again only claimable on a single character.

As i understand the German head start is not a new issue, in fact something which has been ongoing for months now.​​
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

Large bonus marks pack and again only claimable on a single character.

As i understand the German head start is not a new issue, in fact something which has been ongoing for months now.​​

For years. I remember reading all the details about the *new* Romulan Legacy Pack on the German site an hour before it went online on this site.