Install Arc
Options

Design Your Ship Final Round [Alpha Vs Omega]

Comments

• Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    scarling wrote: »
    I just saw the Jupiter ingame today during a klingon fleet alert. It was glorious. Go Omega.

if you just saw it, then you should note the 2 have nothing in common minus a top down profile...

silly fanboys of the Jupiter just want to see the Jupiter regardless of what they are looking at.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    #TeamAlpha Come on! It's the only logical choice!
  • Options
    britewolfbritewolf Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Well, not sure what the Alpha or Omega designs have in common with existing federation designs and I don't like either, but prefer Omega to Alpha.

Truth be told, Epsilon and Sigma at least have something of the binary hull that people associate with Starfleet and are reminiscent of previous designs, but Alpha and Omega (which were fated to win through with designations like that: the internet has such low wit) are too amorphous and I don't like the variable nacelle sizes.

Of course, if we can give her the Constellation Class or other Heavy Cruiser costumes, that would make up for everything!
    General T'Reirr Asei
    Captain of the venerable I.K.S. Y'Kun.
    Warrior of the Empire; Savior of Cookies; Lord of String; Devious Little S*!7
    #PlomeekSoupForTheIndifferent #AmNotFluffy #Klingons4Equality #PriorityOneRocks #ShortButPouncey

#MaybeALittleFluffy
  • Options
    karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega is the obvious choice.
  • Options
    xaracrimsonxaracrimson Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega, for that Home-One feel with the wide hangar bay.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    bunansa wrote: »
    scarling wrote: »
    I just saw the Jupiter ingame today during a klingon fleet alert. It was glorious. Go Omega.

if you just saw it, then you should note the 2 have nothing in common minus a top down profile...

silly fanboys of the Jupiter just want to see the Jupiter regardless of what they are looking at.

I'm sorry your hurt comes from the posterior. GL with your vote. ^^
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    I think what separates them for me is the way the hangars are arranged. The huge hangar bay doors on Omega just scream "SHOOT ME HERE" and would be a major tactical vulnerability, to me.
    Funny, it's the part that makes the most sense to me - don't put ships directly in your front where your guns are blazing - drop them to the side so you an drop them off and head out again without them being in your flight path.

Maybe that doesn't make sense either. I don't know. Carriers in Space don't make sense.

But I finally voted for the Alpha. It grew on me, and it still seemed to have enough similarities with Omega and the Jupiter that I like it. But it looks like Omega is in the lead and I doubt that will change. Which is also fine by me.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    Just as a quick thought because ive been refreshing like every 2 seconds...but how is alpha losing votes???

I mean just now we dropped a vote again, and earlier it was 39 and 39 with a total of 59 votes which of course was incorrect but then I refreshed about a minute later and it dropped us to 36...

rigged voting is not appreciated.

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    It's not rigged..

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    It came as a surprise to me but I actually like Alpha better. But if a carrier must have 4 nacelles could you please make them all equal in size? Those "baby nacelles" ruin the looks of both ships.
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    It's not rigged..

I am from Florida, I demand a recount of the votes. :p
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    #TeamAlpha
    It's not rigged..
    well all I know is something happened with the counter, we lost 2 votes earlier and another one a few minutes ago, I should have taken a photo with my phone, the percentages aren't equaling properly either. If its not rigged then its something else...

but I give up anyway...Omega design was going to win regardless, I didn't need a carrier anyway.

• Options
    darthnevermoredarthnevermore Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Go for #TeamOmega
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega

Let it be the lead ship design of the class. Then let Alpha be an alternate skin that trades the ability to launch more hangar craft at once for a more compact hull (merely flavor text based on the designs).

Omega easily looks like a major carrier you'd want to bring one or two of into a battlegroup, with the Alpha serving as slightly smaller support carriers in smaller battlegroups where an Omega isn't entirely warranted.

Sort of like the US CVNs vs LHAs.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Since no matter what it seems that we're getting stuck with those spindly little "I feel like I'm going to break these things" pylons and nacelles, I'm going to be going with Alpha - I like the 'control tower' and the fact that I can actually tell where the main deflector is.

Of course, if Vandread's design were here, we all know it would be the winner...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    d0vahki11nd0vahki11n Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega
    2015_10_17_181_01bcccf5619c5811eb14_1.jpg
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Team Alpha. The more I look at Omega, the less I want to look at Omega.
    meurik wrote: »
    I've voted on the ship that has lost, each and every time so far. Why stop now? #TeamAlpha all the way. Naturally the Jupiter-fanboys vote Omega. I've known Omega would win this competition from the start.​​
    I'm right with you there man.

Alpha has actually grown up to be a beautiful lady. I especially like the mission pod and the smoother saucer section.
    onyxheart1 wrote: »
    Whoo! go #TeamOmega

it is our Destiny, search your feelings TeamAlpha people, you know it to be true :P

I wouldn't know why it would be true, its not a very stable looking ship, its the Jupiter 2 with nacelles tossed on it and Doctor Smith screaming look out Will! while the robot just drones on about there being danger near by..

its not the Jupiter class ship from the game, maybe if you sliced that ship down by 3/4 and gave it really flimsy nacelles

so really none of us win.

I do believe you're confusing the Jupiter Class Dreadnought with the Typhoon Class Battleship.

The Jupiter has four nacelles as it is.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Jupiter_Class_Dreadnought

They're all the same size of course as logic dictates.

That said, even the Typhoon class has four nacelles, it's just four nacelles doubled up on two pylons.
    I think what separates them for me is the way the hangars are arranged. The huge hangar bay doors on Omega just scream "SHOOT ME HERE" and would be a major tactical vulnerability, to me.
    Funny, it's the part that makes the most sense to me - don't put ships directly in your front where your guns are blazing - drop them to the side so you an drop them off and head out again without them being in your flight path.

Maybe that doesn't make sense either. I don't know. Carriers in Space don't make sense.

It doesn't make sense. Starfleet's primary weapon is the Phaser Array, which fires in every direction not obstructed by line of sight. And in this game, Broadsiding is the orthodox method with big ships. By your logic having the bays on the side is actually launching ships into the line of fire.

But Again, on a Starfleet ship almost every side is the line of fire. Plus any side that you don't have a weapon on to fire then becomes the side that the enemy attacks you on, which means they're firing into your launching fighters anyway.

The only canonical Starfleet carrier, the Akira has her launch bays up front, in line with the massive torpedo launcher bank up top. That's why we have FTL fire control.
    szim wrote: »
    It came as a surprise to me but I actually like Alpha better. But if a carrier must have 4 nacelles could you please make them all equal in size? Those "baby nacelles" ruin the looks of both ships.

Agreed.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    tuvokbstuvokbs Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Alpha and Omega... Good names for games.
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    Before people start saying again that the Omega and Jupiter aren't similar at all.
    I am gonna copy my post from last Thread. Cause I still say the Omega reminds me of an updated Jupiter variant.

The similar things.
    Omega and Jupiter both got a long Saucer with VERY similar shape when viewed from above.
    4 warp nacelles. (Not that special I know, other ships got that. But its still a similarity)
    Hull that runs along the underside of the Saucer section.(Before commenting on this, look at my "big diffrence" part of this post)

A minor diffrence is that the Omega Pylons are connected in a better way than the Jupiter Class Pylons. Always been my biggest problem with the Jupiter Class.
    So to me, that is an upgrade.

The big diffrence is really the Hull.
    It either looks to me that the Omega got a very flat rounded Hull that hugs the Saucer underside section.
    OR it doesn't have a hull at all.
    I really can't tell from these pictures.
    Looks kinda like a Hull on the underside.
    Not sure if Saucer underside or Hull.
    Really need a front view of it to see its true shape. But since most ships do have a Hull. I like to think that its a rounded Hull hugging the Saucer.

No one says its the exact same ship, they say its similar or an upgrade of it.
    But isn't that the thing? An upgraded version isn't surpose to look exactly the same like the original, but give tribute to it. (*cough* The Akira class, Thunderchild class, Armitage class, and the Alita class, seems just as diffrent and similar to eachother to me. *cough*)
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Nobody should want Omega... IMO...

GO ALPHA... GO...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    They both look almost the same. And terrible. The secondary nacelles suffering malnutrition ruin them both. I chose Omega because there was no lesser evil so I had to pick one at random. I suppose I could just not have picked but... meh.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    I like elements of both. But my favorite option would be if both variants get into the game, because they are a perfect fit for each other to mix'n'match! Pretty please with cherry on top?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    chronicle909chronicle909 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    captaind3 wrote: »
    #TeamAlpha. The more I look at Omega, the less I want to look at Omega.

I agree here, Omega looked nice at first, but now it looks kinda ugly especially from the back. At least Alpha has the nebula bit to make it look less boring. The bottom view on Omega doesn't look too appealing either.
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Honestly the two designs are so similar to one another that I feel like the loser will just be a costume alt for the winner. Still, going with Alpha though. I'd at least like this to be close instead of another Omega land slide.
  • Options
    #TeamAlpha
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Team Alpha. The more I look at Omega, the less I want to look at Omega.

I do believe you're confusing the Jupiter Class Dreadnought with the Typhoon Class Battleship.

im not confusing anything, go look up the Jupiter 2 from lost in space, that's the omega design with nacelles strapped on it, very fragile ones, I know what both ships look like ive been here since beta, the silly point im trying to make is I don't think the Jupiter fanboys even know what they are looking at, they keep voting Omega cause its the Jupiter when its clearly not, now if the omega had a slightly larger hull and the nacelles jutted out from top and bottom like the actual Jupiter did, then yes I could see the similarity, as is, side by side, only a top down view is even close to what they keep hoping for, they see something that isn't there.

• Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    I knew this was going to be a battle. ..

Cone on guys! Omega looks like a duck and with that one impulse drive it looks like it can barely move.
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    zadrunuszadrunus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Still voting omega... but wheres the third option (make both and sell as a two pack) i'd vote for that one ...
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    What he said ^^^^ 100 times over
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy