Options

Design Your Ship Final Round [Alpha Vs Omega]

Comments

• Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    I wish we could have both ships in the game
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    realrebelusrealrebelus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Have to go with #teamalpha
  • Options
    sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Both ships look great, but since I got to choose between two I'm choosing Alpha. Alpha's saucer looks better IMO and that mission pod is a nice thing too. If Omega had the mission pod, choosing would be more difficult.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • Options
    auleius12auleius12 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Alpha here
    I'm a doctor not an escalator
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    I vote for this:

enterprise_j_1_by_enterprisedavid.jpg​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    I think Alpha has better style, Alpha can even be used as a Mega Science vessel
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Alpha hull with Omega nacelles, please.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    auleius12 wrote: »
    Alpha here

Please don't forget to vote in the poll!

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Neither thanks, both look awful

8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • Options
    starfleetb1#9233 starfleetb1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    #TeamAlpha ofc.
  • Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Going with Alpha - much more sleek, like a Starfleet vessel should be, and I like the mission pod.

Still, kinda wish they'd allowed that Epsilon/Omega/Alpha Kitbash that Vandread came up with. :D
    76561198160276582.png
  • Options
    johntseeverjohntseever Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    I picked #TeamOmega since the saucer is more "carrier" then #TeamAlpha. I am not a fan of the quad nacelles, and would love to see a carrier that had two. I do like #TeamAlpha's nacelles, and think that whoever wins, the other ship; rather #TeamAlpha or #TeamOmega be like a second skin.

Plus, it looks like turrets on the top and bottom of #TeamOmega saucer that I just noticed, and can see those being just that.

Or even options 2-4 being different designs to the winner.
  • Options
    ronanobrienronanobrien Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Still pulling for Alpha, as I STILL think it maintains that look that makes it a Starfleet vessel while successfully getting the size and dimensions right for it to be a carrier.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Both are too ugly, so not really a choice...

Besides the voting is a flimsy as cold custard...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    The result is no surprise, so far I've accurately predicted all results, still I prefer alpha.
  • Options
    sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega JUST DO IT!!!
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Voted Alpha. I'm really not a fan of Omega's massive open carrier bay and the impulse engine configuration. Hopefully Alpha will make it in as a customization option. The parts on each design look like they could be interchangeable, so fingers crossed.
  • Options
    rbrandirbrandi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Sadly already a foregone conclusion.

considering they went to great lengths to scale the artwork of the Omega a full 300x300 pixels larger than the Alpha? I'll buy that.
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Holding my vote for the time being. It's a tough choice as I like both of them. Both ships are clearly made from the same mold, the Omega has some strong points and the Alpha has some strong points.
  • Options
    rbrandirbrandi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Voting Omega. Looks big and long enough to be a carrier.
    Still, I rather have the mashup version where its Omega body, epsilon naselles, and alpha mission pod(as optional).

Only problem I got with Omega is the engine trail is coming from the center of the body.

That's the impulse engines. Irony is, every other ship in STO has that same trail.
  • Options
    alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    As said it's Alpha vs Omega and Omega wins. Bigger one always wins.

Good it's also the lesser bad one.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I went with Omega purely because the hangers make it look like it could shoot fighters out galactica style.
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Launch fighters!
    Fighters launched!
    Fire broadside!
    Broadside fired!
    All fighters, attack pattern...where are the fighters?
    Um....in front of the broadside sir!

Don't let this happen to you captains.

This public safety message was brought to you by the Team Alpha
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega ftw

However I do wish it had the little thing on top like the alpha. Makes it look like it has a dedicated traffic control section going on.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I have to go with #TeamOmega, but seriously... why not both?
    Gameserver not found.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
    Neither one of those designs tickles my fancy, but then again none of the entries did.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    reikontenshireikontenshi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    These two are so damned similar, it's ridiculous that they should be the two finalists....I think we should have had a much more definitive choice for the final (like, for example, Omega & Gamma), & left designs nearly identical like these for alternate skins for the ship.

I can see a few things on Alpha that I like more, but ultimately, it comes down to overall hull design for me. Omega's got a little more dynamic of a tapering design, while Alpha is very bland & cookie cutter of Federation shapes.

Add to that, I do very much prefer the elongated broadside hanger bays on Omega. You can scream that they are 'design weaknesses' all you want, but that's a problem for any & all access ports & hatches you'd find on a ship, & this *is* a sci fi set in a future where aesthetics seems to take priority over functionality & practicality to begin with (though I personally would argue that some species in the galaxy - including humans - have a very strange sense of "aesthetics" by the 23rd century). The larger size of these hanger bays would simply allow for larger & more heavily armored bay doors to be lowered into place when the hangers are not in use.

Given my very limited options here, I'd have to choose Omega. It looks a little more dynamic & creative, & Alpha seems a little more like a throwback to the mid-24th century designs.

Here's hoping that they give us more kitbash options with this 'fan-built' ship than they've given us for other ships....
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Launch fighters!
    Fighters launched!
    Fire broadside!
    Broadside fired!
    All fighters, attack pattern...where are the fighters?
    Um....in front of the broadside sir!

Don't let this happen to you captains.

This public safety message was brought to you by the Team Alpha

Alpha also has broadside hangars though. Two right next to the deflector and two near the impulse engines. Which are frankly more questionable in location than on the Omega.