Install Arc
Options

Design Your Ship Round 6 [Epsilon VS Omega]

Comments

• Options
    azurealli4nceazurealli4nce Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega #OmegaOrRiot
    DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold, etc. are FAKE! They were created by an outvoted minority who destroyed the original DPS channels!

Tactical Team sucked, once upon a time. I got it buffed. Don't think for a minute that Cryptic ignores forum feedback.
  • Options
    edmunddukeedmundduke Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Hm, came on... noticed this happening, and voted Omega after looking at the two. I wonder what kind of influence we will have on the build. I'm hoping for the first carrier with more than two Hangar Bays. XD

Is this ship going to be a T6?
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    ....Seriously? Just... WHAT? Ok, first's things first you moron, YOU AREN'T A DEV, you can't say definitely that the Beta design alone would have THAT crazy of a setup (stupid as it is weapons wise), and all the others were that TRIBBLE option, which, might I add, both options were made with less skill then the actual devs when it comes to designing ship builds. Hell even with all that aside we having even gotten to the point of making the build of the actual ship, which I'm sure will end up being another round of voting! So please, just go wallow in a corner about the lose of such a good ship design, your ramblings aren't going to help in the slightest.

ANYWAYS.... I vote for #TeamOmega, the large hanger bay along with the general shape of the hull makes it seem like the design most dedicated to carrying small craft, which in my opinion is what you should focus on when choosing designs for carriers.

First, get a sense of humor. I didn't stoop to name calling even with my opinion of what is an obviously easy choice.

Second, you are right, I was mistaken: STO could never get permission to use Tie Fighters so I'm changing that prediction to Colonial Vipers. :)
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    edmundduke wrote: »
    Hm, came on... noticed this happening, and voted Omega after looking at the two. I wonder what kind of influence we will have on the build. I'm hoping for the first carrier with more than two Hangar Bays. XD

Is this ship going to be a T6?

Every C-store ship since they introduced the new tier have been T6, so I think it's a safe bet that this carrier will be Tier 6.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    mrlemoncherrymrlemoncherry Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Can I have the Omega with Epsilon pylons? The Omega's nacelles are just too widely spread.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Voting for #TeamOmega
  • Options
    carbonunit13carbonunit13 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    And sadly all the options looked like the same ship with very minor tweaks. (Sigh)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    What I find a bit regrettable is that the Omega and Epsilon both seem to lose the "high" saucer the Jupiter had. I though that was an interesting feature that set the ship apart (and made it more interesting then the Typhoon, even if the Typhoon on its own looked better, it just lacked any interesting features.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    necriemoonnecriemoon Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamEpsilon
    Blegh... The final vote is going to be really boring at this rate.

Alpha and Omega have nearly identical profiles, especially their nacelle configuration. The only real difference between the two at this stage is Alpha's upper Wing/Mission pod/whatever versus Onega's slightly differently shaped primary hull. Also, Alpha is a little Flatter from the side while Omega is more rounded.

At least Epsilon has some variety to it. I also like that it doesn't have a runty set of nacelles. I like that it has more traditional impulse engine placement. I love the huge hanger bay in the front, though I wouldn't mind seeing larger side bays on side of the saucer, similar to Omega. Overall I feel that Epsilon is a tight, logical design, and aesthetically pleasing to boot, imho.
  • Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    bunansa wrote: »
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Omega looks like a pimped out Jupiter, so yeah. B)

again having to correct people... omega looks NOTHING Like the Jupiter...beer goggles, acid, upside, in a mirror...it looks nothing like the JUPITER

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Jupiter_class

please stop picking the Omega because it is the Jupiter....this is actually becoming an incredibly silly statement.

b930f0d163_101900485_o2.png

Yes, it is only because of the saucer top-view, yes, jupiter has that huge bathtub of a secondary hull and yes, it also has vertically oriented pylons, rather than horizontally, but also the original Jupiter is a kitbash and Omega is designed as a ship in it's own right. If you cannot see it as a Jupiter redesign, fine, but others can, and since it's a subjective matter, they are not wrong.
  • Options
    daendaedaendae Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I'm going with Omega, though I don't like the uneven pylons :l Offends my OCD
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    TeamOmega,

As if anything else was going to win...
  • Options
    alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I long suspected and it's now crystal clear that the players want the bigger ship, the longer the better.
    No other design part counts.

Omega will be our ship.

Luckily enough, it at least seems more federal than the current alternative and many others discarderd along the way because were a stick not enough big.

I doubt the usefulness of such player choice initiatives though.

A suggestion to the devs: next time make all them the same size and proportions and differentiate them for the design so you'll have a meaningful contest.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Firmly Epsilon. At least for the nacelles and struts.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    caleb143caleb143 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Again, this was a tough call for me. Below are the things I noticed with Epsilon and Omega:
    Epsilon:
      • Better armored
      • More compact, which facilitates easier defense, but also facilitates easier to damage multiple areas.
      • more defense-oriented in appearance
      • Chimera-style nacelle attachment.
      • better impulse arrangement for size
      • 'bridge' area is obvious, making a 'here i am, kill me' appearance (and c-n-c nightmare)
      • nice and big force-field allows for more traffic of fighter pets either way- but that also means more chance to injure the ship if all pets blow up in that area during combat.
      Omega:
      • More feasibility in hangars
      • Sprawling, but also less chance to hit multiple areas at one time
      • just FEELS like it would be better at protecting its pets while they launch
      • more pylons than on Epsilon, making for more intrinsic stability
      • Deflector placement seems like a sci ship's logical location
      • Bridge looks recessed, and like it has a decoy bridge, making C-n-C easier to do
      • smaller force-field area, but (if it was in the show) if it had the same power going to it that Epsilon's did, a stronger force-field.. Less pets going into it at a time means better safety for everyone.
      Even after my observations and inferences on both, it took me a couple hours and some coin tosses to decide. Omega won out
      tumblr_o0xkrlVud21uuxsqjo1_1280.png
    • Options
      daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
      After the voting is over and Omega wins, I hope They add all the rest of the options as playable ships.
      There are a couple I might actually buy.
      (though not interested in the Omega)
      STO Member since February 2009.
      I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
      Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
      upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    • Options
      khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
      #TeamEpsilon
      LOL, I've literally voted for every single loosing ship... I guess I wont be getting this carrier. ​​
      Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
      True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    • Options
      daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      All the folks that vote for the winning ship better buy the hell out of it and get all their friends to buy it also, or Cryptic will never do this again.
      I personally don't see the Omega being a "HOT" seller.
      <shrug>
      STO Member since February 2009.
      I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
      Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
      upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    • Options
      bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 151 Arc User
      #TeamOmega
      My favorite is already out of the running. :( Bring on the Alpha v. Omega showdown. :D
    • Options
      raptorbunnyraptorbunny Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      #TeamEpsilon
      It really makes me go 'Huh..' that every one I have voted for has lost. Not least because none has been a particularly difficult decision... I've had a strong like and dislike in ever round. Curious.
    • Options
      rararezrarararezra Member Posts: 25 Arc User
      #TeamOmega
      It really makes me go 'Huh..' that every one I have voted for has lost. Not least because none has been a particularly difficult decision... I've had a strong like and dislike in ever round. Curious.

I'm with you... I just want to be on the winning side, so I switched my vote.
      BannerAd.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cqKGfmigEaa_Mj-3pbccgK-CzMTV1kHbjirr85d8RZ625XogaajKJO_2YL_60T-sG4EfHAbI_j6tB_eIU_kOpughtVZHD0Wj9iKkT7vr7B4Tclv3WCF5JpCIBoHq_SDi_ww94009Bcgb1o09AsCl_w8CIvwJ6miWwXbRQ0IsthtJEhe4iBfs1UuPTYKZdYlRcfN9-mZrfRvHQu10ERy5i17BZJ1bA%3D%3D&attredirects=0
    • Options
      reikontenshireikontenshi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
      #TeamOmega
      rararezra wrote: »

I'm with you... I just want to be on the winning side, so I switched my vote.

I've actually lost half of the votes so far. I can live with losing Theta, but Gamma was *the* ship I wanted to win.

Still, I suppose Omega's not a bad second choice.

• Options
      corporate82corporate82 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
      #TeamEpsilon
      Omega reminds me of the Eclipse, so I would kind of prefer the Epsilon
    • Options
      bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
      #TeamEpsilon
      yakodym wrote: »
      bunansa wrote: »
      bltrrn wrote: »
      Omega looks like a pimped out Jupiter, so yeah. B)

again having to correct people... omega looks NOTHING Like the Jupiter...beer goggles, acid, upside, in a mirror...it looks nothing like the JUPITER

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Jupiter_class

please stop picking the Omega because it is the Jupiter....this is actually becoming an incredibly silly statement.

b930f0d163_101900485_o2.png

Yes, it is only because of the saucer top-view, yes, jupiter has that huge bathtub of a secondary hull and yes, it also has vertically oriented pylons, rather than horizontally, but also the original Jupiter is a kitbash and Omega is designed as a ship in it's own right. If you cannot see it as a Jupiter redesign, fine, but others can, and since it's a subjective matter, they are not wrong.

Neither am I, tons of people screaming its the Jupiter ermg cant waitz snowflake, and the fact that the best angle to try and prove it looks similar is a top down approach, while every side angle, front back even freaking bottom doesn't look like it...

at this point does it really matter, im sure cryptic already is working on the final version of the omega right now, rigged voting I tell you.
      tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
      claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      #TeamOmega
      Noticed a few people saying that the Omega and Jupiter aren't similar at all. But I still say the Omega reminds me of an updated Jupiter variant.

The similar things.
      Omega and Jupiter both got a long Saucer with VERY similar shape when viewed from above.
      4 warp nacelles. (Not that special I know, other ships got that. But its still a similarity)
      Hull that runs along the underside of the Saucer section.(Before commenting on this, look at my "big diffrence" part of this post)

A minor diffrence is that the Omega Pylons are connected in a better way than the Jupiter Class Pylons. Always been my biggest problem with the Jupiter Class.
      So to me, that is an upgrade.

The big diffrence is really the Hull.
      It either looks to me that the Omega got a very flat rounded Hull that hugs the Saucer underside section.
      OR it doesn't have a hull at all.
      I really can't tell from these pictures.
      Looks kinda like a Hull on the underside.
      Not sure if Saucer underside or Hull.
      Really need a front view of it to see its true shape.

But isn't that the thing? An upgraded version isn't surpose to look exactly the same like the original, but give tribute to it. (*cough* Akira class, Thunderchild class, Armitage class, and the Alita class, seems just as diffrent and similar to eachother to me. *cough*)
      "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
      Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
      Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
    • Options
      kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
      #TeamOmega
      claudiusdk wrote: »
      But isn't that the thing? An upgraded version isn't surpose to look exactly the same like the original, but give tribute to it. (*cough* Akira class, Thunderchild class, Armitage class, and the Alita class, seems just as diffrent and similar to eachother to me. *cough*)

Thank you.

None of us who are voting for Omega because it reminds us of the Jupiter actually believe that it would look just like the Jupiter. The Fed command battlecruisers don't look much like the Typhoon, either, but lots of players made that connection, and I'm quite sure it was intentional on Cryptic's part (seeing as how the in-game Typhoon NPCs have now been replaced by command battlecruisers).

So yeah, it's not a Jupiter, and we're never going to get a playable Jupiter because Cryptic, quite frankly, seems embarrassed by the design. But Omega evokes the Jupiter just enough that those of us who wanted a playable Jupiter will be (mostly) satisfied with Omega if it wins.
    • Options
      vandread010vandread010 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
      #TeamOmega
      wakeoflove wrote: »
      Voting for Omega BUT..

I must digress.

Take the saucer section of the Omega, Strap the Epsion Hull and Nacelles, make it a 4 Pylon version, I'd say the following.

shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

I could go for an omega/epsilon hybrid of this nature. Make it so!

It is done.

Omega%202_zpsyaafcvdg.png

Epsilon/Omega Hybrid. Yes my paint skills wont get me hired anytime soon XD
      [SIGPIC]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/Vandread010/apoph_zpscc05f31f.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Oh the humanity.... Oh the insanity.... Oh the Empty Queue bugs....
    • Options
      vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
      #TeamEpsilon
      LOL, I've literally voted for every single loosing ship​​

Same with me ! What's THAT all about?! :s

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
      picardcrusherpicardcrusher Member Posts: 101 Arc User
      #TeamEpsilon
      timelord79 wrote: »
      #TeamOmega

Omega and Alpha look similar enough to be two options of the same customizable ship. Can we call this a tie already and get both of them? ;)

Two would be nice.... Carrier and BATTLE-CARRIER. The feds need a battle-carrier.

Nerfing is Fraud...
    • Options
      mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      #TeamOmega
      wakeoflove wrote: »
      Voting for Omega BUT..

I must digress.

Take the saucer section of the Omega, Strap the Epsion Hull and Nacelles, make it a 4 Pylon version, I'd say the following.

shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

I could go for an omega/epsilon hybrid of this nature. Make it so!

It is done.

Omega%202_zpsyaafcvdg.png

Epsilon/Omega Hybrid. Yes my paint skills wont get me hired anytime soon XD
      Hmmm. Nice.
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    This discussion has been closed.