test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Freezing at title screen

silverragesilverrage Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Since patch/update this morning havent been able to get game past the STO loading screen. Same as in NW after they did their patch tried fixes that had worked their but have no results anyone else having this issue?

Did a force verify and it works now.

Comments

• jserubyjseruby Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Having same problem in NW. What's a "force verify"?
  • bublawekbublawek Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    yeah whats force verify
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silverragesilverrage Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    ON launcher go to options check the box for force verify and hit save it will do a scan of your game files takes a few minutes.
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    If you appear to be hanging after the titles screen, try running the game in windowed mode (selectable from launcher options menu)​​
  • kharn77kharn77 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Its to do with Win10 and the incompatibility of recent patches between the 10th and 13th of August, same on Star Trek, having issues with the recent Catalyst Display see "Catalyst Driver and STO crashed"
  • ronanobrienronanobrien Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    And they haven't fixed this problem that I strangely didn't have on my other laptop that I updated to Windows 10. Got a new one, updated, and now I have a problem. This is frustrating, Cryptic. I can't get past a loading screen unless I force verify-which didn't work for me-or downgrade to an obsolete OS? Why would this be happening? It's poor business is what it is...A FERENGI running your company? Cuz you all seem to be very greedy, taking my money then not letting me use the product that I just bought access to using. Like STO, being I'm a lifetime sub holder.
  • kamencankamencan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Men is something doing whit this problem? today cant log more then 20 times
  • mazleckmazleck Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    kharn77 wrote: »
    Its to do with Win10 and the incompatibility of recent patches between the 10th and 13th of August, same on Star Trek, having issues with the recent Catalyst Display see "Catalyst Driver and STO crashed"

It's not necessarily related to Windows 10. I'm running Windows 7 and experiencing the same exact issue.
  • mazleckmazleck Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    silverrage wrote: »
    ON launcher go to options check the box for force verify and hit save it will do a scan of your game files takes a few minutes.

eiledon wrote: »
    If you appear to be hanging after the titles screen, try running the game in windowed mode (selectable from launcher options menu)​​

Neither one of these solutions worked for me. I am, quite simply, unable to play the game at this point. This is a real bummer.

This problem resolved itself for me by simply waiting for an extended period of time on the title screen. After about fifteen minutes the character creation screen appeared. I have since logged in and out of the game multiple times without issue.
    Post edited by mazleck on
  • whizkidd#4674 whizkidd Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited October 2015
    tried everything above as well as wiping clean and reinstall of the game also did a full system wipe and reinstalled windows 8 then tried to install star trek 2 more times with no joy getting fed up of wasting my time
    apparently i cant even log in online tried everything suggested with no success really annoyed havent even had a chance to play and im already looking elsewere for a game that works
    and ive even tried 4 different pc`s 1 in a different house so the problem isnt my pc or broadband coz ive tested different on all
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Tick safe mode, enter game and then reset settings back to normal works for me. Cannot get in though without ticking safe mode. Without using compatability mode for Vista SP2 though it does occasionally hang on character change.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • iranoveryourdogiranoveryourdog Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Game is stuck at new dawn loading screen for me too, Windows 10 x64...tried force verify, and changing from fullscreen to windowed mode, neither worked... waited 15 minutes at loading screen...that worked. fail cryptic.
  • jared3498jared3498 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hey guys I have been having the same issue but was able to get past by swiching the game to safe mode in the launcher options. Hope this helps. :)
  • jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    The problem I have noticed is when the title screen locks up, it has to do with the directx version. yes goto safe mode. then once in the game, goto options then click on display. change your display to directx 9 or directx 9ex. sometimes directx 11 works sometimes it doesn't. for now change it to that until tech staff finds an official solution.