test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread for Admiralty

Comments

• Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    Okay, that helps some, but I still have to click on that tab to see that, where before the numbers were visible directly on the tab itself. It just seems baffling to change it that way in the first place, though.

Thanks for both elements of your response. :-)
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    polygeekpolygeek Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Not sure if this is the best place for it, and apologies if it's been asked elsewhere, but are pass tokens supposed to be granted by every crit?

So far, I think I've gotten: 1 on a success for a gold ToD (Tour od Duty) assignment, 2 on a critted gold ToD assignment, 1 on a crit for some/most (but not all - this is the confusing one!) uncommon/rare assignments (not sure about others as I haven't critted them), and 5 for leveling a tier, I think.

Does that sound correct?

Is there a reason some uncommon/rare assignment crits wouldn't reward a pass token?

Also, I seem to have the same ToD mission pop up twice in my queue (Fed 2/10), but I can only start 1 (I'm guessing they're intended to be unique) -- is any part of that a bug, or is it all WAI?
    [System] [InteractionFailed] Wait for Sela to Finish Speaking.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    Critical Success only gives a chance at getting 1-2 Pass Tokens. It's a pretty good chance (20% of 1, 10% of 2), but it's not guaranteed.

Duplicates of any missions is a bug that we're in the process of tracking down.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    polygeekpolygeek Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @borticuscryptic said:
    > Critical Success only gives a chance at getting 1-2 Pass Tokens. It's a pretty good chance (20% of 1, 10% of 2), but it's not guaranteed.
    >
    Oh, ok - good to know. I guess I've just been lucky, then, instead of bugged!
  • Options
    orionsruleorionsrule Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Here's something I noticed and double checked on my characters twice today.

My KDF doing only Fed tasks collects everything just fine on task completions. EC, Dil, etcetera.

My other KDF doing only KDF tasks does NOT get EC or Dil listed in the rewards. Everything else does appear to award fine.

Something is getting lost in the collecting process. When I hit collect the items listed in the chat box and the black pop up box above the chat box never list EC or Dil for this character, and checking the inventory shows no boxes nor increase in EC or Dil even after zoning/logging.

Hope its not just me.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    Borticus (and whomever else it may concern), thank you for having purple crafting mats as admiralty rewards. This is gonna make my crafting character's life so much easier.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Critical Success only gives a chance at getting 1-2 Pass Tokens. It's a pretty good chance (20% of 1, 10% of 2), but it's not guaranteed.

Duplicates of any missions is a bug that we're in the process of tracking down.
    Really? I seem to remember getting more than that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    orionsrule wrote: »
    When I hit collect the items listed in the chat box and the black pop up box above the chat box never list EC or Dil for this character, and checking the inventory shows no boxes nor increase in EC or Dil even after zoning/logging.

Many assignments reward neither EC nor Dil. I'd ask that you pay very close attention to what it says you will get, before claiming it's not giving you the right things. Maybe even provide screencaps, if they appear to differ.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    You get 5 for completing tier 1 of a campaign.
    Hmm... maybe that was it.

BTW, what ate your avatar? :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    mousemaster1mousemaster1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Did not see this reported as a bug. On tribble right now I am seeing a completed mission show up in the "Available Assignments" list.

xNSKgM6.jpg

It looks like if I go from the Assignment Log to the UFP tab, I get the above results, if I start from the In Progress tab and move to the UFP tab, the available mission listing is correct.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User

Forum migration. I keep meaning to take a new one...but soon enough it'll be time for the holiday-themed one again anyway.
  • Options

Forum migration. I keep meaning to take a new one...but soon enough it'll be time for the holiday-themed one again anyway.
    you could just use the holiday one now....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    danpmk wrote: »
    A few comments on my initial impressions of the system, we need a way to see our ship cards besides doing assignments. A nice collect them all screen with ships, not in your inventory would be a great additions.
    Go to your duty officer roster tab, there's a ship roster there now.
    That's a odd place to put that, considering they are suppose to be separate systems..

A few comments on my initial impressions of the system, we need a way to see our ship cards besides doing assignments. A nice collect them all screen with ships, not in your inventory would be a great additions.

Ships that get bonuses to going alone, I think it needs to be changed to when ___ ship is the only one of it's class or their bonuses need to be higher. This will make these ships a little more useful.
    Enh... it's a +30 bonus, that's a lot higher than the other stat bonuses ships get. Actually, bonus stat abilities are weak in general. The rest of them won't give more than +12 stat points.

+20 for the oddys... I have one that has +15 and another +15 . Also I think it's poor game play to encourage so many ships to be alone only ships.. It can easily be perceived as simply encourage the acquiring of less popular ships, for nothing more then more efficient use in higher requirement missions. If it was only that class they would have a lot more versatility in the use of their unique trait. As it stands now i would only send them in higher requirement missions if they were the only ship I had available. In card games you don't make cards that their advantage is only used in very specific situations, unless you want that card to be throw away. But of course that's my opinion, but I don't see how my suggestion of making the trait a only when it is the only ___ class would change too much if you just want to use it alone the bonus would still apply but you could make a group were the bonus would still apply too.
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I just finished a 24-hour run of missions (off and on through the day) and I must say...this will be a *great* supplement to getting Spec Points and leveling at Level 52 onward.

I feel our XP issue dilemma has been answered, or at the very least had part of its issue addressed. It keeps storyline XP where it is while forcing players into another area of the game (Admiralty) to explore and find XP there...which was why the XP curve was extended to begin with.

If I may ask, Bort...at launch, this system will seem to heavily favor those who have a wide array of T5/T6/Fleet/Event/Lockbox/Lobi ships. Is there a way planned to help other players who may not be as "ship rich"? Or is that part of the reason for the 1x-use random Admiralty Ship rewards that pop up every so often?
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    After a few hours, I quickly found my Federation was offered the 20hr Tier 1 Mission upgrade. But my KDF still yet to see it, inspite completeting 9 missions (Federation was offered after 3 missions).

Tour of Duty Assignments are not a "next tier" upgrade. They are just a reward track contained within each Campaign. They have nothing to do with granting, or withholding, progression within a Campaign.

I've seen many players make this assumption, and it's flatly incorrect. I'm curious what leads so many to assume that you have to complete a Tour of Duty in order to tier up. Is it simply because...
    Also, what's with the XP bar, it's always full. But yet no Tier Promotions? Or am I reading it wrong as not an XP bar?

... of this ^ bug?

Progression tiers within a campaign are currently bugged, and don't progress until you map move (or relog). Not intended to be the final behavior.

Borticus, if many players are making this assumption, then it means the message is not being conveyed.

You got an XP Bar at the top, a bar next to it, you got the Admirality Tour off on the left, and you got these Tour Assignments.

And we definitely need more ways to get rid of Federation Prisoners and the KDF need either a discount with Science since KDF ships with 12 Sci trying to fill out a 300 Sci assignment isn't happening.

I'm not sure why people think that either. I mean, we have assignment chains in the current DOFF system and nobody has ever mistaken those as part of the required progression.​​

It's different than DOFF assignment chains, where you knew it was Part X of Y. But these Admirality chains is if you like had a B'Tran cluster 10 Tier chain with a 10 Tier DOFF chain inside.

And to me, these Tour Chains with the Admirality system, is it a chain or is like reputation and unlocking the next Tier?

• Options
    That's a odd place to put that, considering they are suppose to be separate systems..

Ships that get bonuses to going alone, I think it needs to be changed to when ___ ship is the only one of it's class or their bonuses need to be higher. This will make these ships a little more useful.
    Enh... it's a +30 bonus, that's a lot higher than the other stat bonuses ships get. Actually, bonus stat abilities are weak in general. The rest of them won't give more than +12 stat points.
    +20 for the oddys... I have one that has +15 and another +15 . Also I think it's poor game play to encourage so many ships to be alone only ships.. It can easily be perceived as simply encourage the acquiring of less popular ships, for nothing more then more efficient use in higher requirement missions. If it was only that class they would have a lot more versatility in the use of their unique trait. As it stands now i would only send them in higher requirement missions if they were the only ship I had available. In card games you don't make cards that their advantage is only used in very specific situations, unless you want that card to be throw away. But of course that's my opinion, but I don't see how my suggestion of making the trait a only when it is the only ___ class would change too much if you just want to use it alone the bonus would still apply but you could make a group were the bonus would still apply too.
    Not all assignments NEED three ships. some are literally just 10/10/10 or 30/30/30. A ship that gets a bonus for being alone is perfect for these.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    in 7 the folder is: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

Maybe just search the HDD for screenshots folders?

anyways, crappy missions are what the pass tokens are for. Pass tokens can be earned by critting some assignments.

Bonus is the crit chance.

Well, thanks. I think that is where I found it in Win 7 but in Win 10 the /Games folder doesn't seem to exist. :(
  • Options
    orionsruleorionsrule Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    orionsrule wrote: »
    When I hit collect the items listed in the chat box and the black pop up box above the chat box never list EC or Dil for this character, and checking the inventory shows no boxes nor increase in EC or Dil even after zoning/logging.

Many assignments reward neither EC nor Dil. I'd ask that you pay very close attention to what it says you will get, before claiming it's not giving you the right things. Maybe even provide screencaps, if they appear to differ.

I am well aware what the rewards box says. Several of the missions main rewards were EC. Now for the strange part. Two missions I collected a couple of hours ago had both listing dil rewards. One gave it to me, one did not. I will keep checking and get some screen grabs if it happens again.

• Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Not all assignments NEED three ships. some are literally just 10/10/10 or 30/30/30. A ship that gets a bonus for being alone is perfect for these.

I do know this, and that was the only situation in which you really can benefit from their traits.. So relegate oddy flagships to simple assignments because that's what they are great at +1 immersion. That was sarcasm. Honestly why do you argue against my suggestion ? it almost feels like your being contrary to be just contrary, When you haven't really explained why it would be a bad thing.

To change them to when the ship is the only ___ (engineering or tactical or science) ship. You get +20 ___ etc. It would only make it more flexible, and be more immersive.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    OK. I tried the print screen button and /screenshot_ui chat command and no screenshots from the test server were saved anywhere on my computer (I did a search on my hard drive).

Anywho, thanks to whoever suggested I use the windows key+print screen. It saved it to \users\username\pictures\screenshot

A little awkward since the windows key is on the left side of the spacebar and the function key is on the right side and the print screen button is on the upper right. I have to hold the function key to use the print screen button. Good thing my fingers can spread far enough on my left hand to hit both keys on the sides of the spacebar. LoL. I'll have to remember this this advice that was given to me. :)

Some screenshots to show issues:

In the stats for a T6 ship it shows 12h next to the wrench icon that is to the right of ENG/TAC/SCI stats, but below the stats it shows 1d12h under maintenance Screenshot%202_zps6keieoic.png~original

The Bonus when planning an assignment has a little [ i ] next to it. When you put your mouse over it the tooltip says.....'This is a tooltip' LoL. Screenshot%203_zpserwjr7w9.png~original

This one is really weird. For some reason the duty officer assignment 'Sick Bay' shows up in the In Progress tab as 'Tour of Duty Assignment'. On holodeck it says 'Ultra Rare Assignment', so something is goofed up there. Screenshot%204_zpszw7bgqjf.png~original

Feedback: I agree with others. Any chance the 'Maintenance' tab can be placed in 'Admirality' section between 'Assignment Log' and the campaigns? It makes more sense to have it there since it isn't exactly a full list of what ships you have unlocked. Edit: Then again, 'Sickbay' is in the doff roster section and you could say that ship maintenance is sickbay for ships, sort of.

Bug: Confirmed. After exiting the game then relaunching it, all ships in maintenance were no longer there and could all be used again in new assignments. This is one that should be a priority to fix before the system goes live.
    Post edited by monkeybone13 on
  • Options
    Something else I wanted to point out.

When you look at your duty officer roster, any doffs on active duty and assignments will have their headshot icon replaced with a faction specific icon to let you know at a glance that they are not available to use.

But when viewing the ship roster their icons don't change to let you know which ships are on assignment.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @borticuscryptic

It looks like for ships to be added to your Admiralty roster, you have to open the doff/admiralty UI while they are in your actual ship roster.

If you open/dismiss a ship without opening the admiralty roster, it doesnt look like it adds it to your admiralty roster.

Borticus has confirmed that and basically said it's something important to fix.

Thinking about it some more, the ship roster and maintenance should probably be in the Admirality section, since the ships aren't doffs, and neither have anything to do with the duty officer system. There should be plenty of room to move them over there and this way the prisoner and colonist doffs in the roster can be separate again. :)
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    What I expected - http://i.imgur.com/c1bFS5T.jpg
    What I got - http://i.imgur.com/oC0wah4.jpg

It's not the first time it happened. I've noticed on numerous occasions that I didn't receive any EC from completed assignments, even though they were listed as rewards.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    After a few hours, I quickly found my Federation was offered the 20hr Tier 1 Mission upgrade. But my KDF still yet to see it, inspite completeting 9 missions (Federation was offered after 3 missions).

Tour of Duty Assignments are not a "next tier" upgrade. They are just a reward track contained within each Campaign. They have nothing to do with granting, or withholding, progression within a Campaign.

I've seen many players make this assumption, and it's flatly incorrect. I'm curious what leads so many to assume that you have to complete a Tour of Duty in order to tier up. Is it simply because...
    Also, what's with the XP bar, it's always full. But yet no Tier Promotions? Or am I reading it wrong as not an XP bar?

... of this ^ bug?

Progression tiers within a campaign are currently bugged, and don't progress until you map move (or relog). Not intended to be the final behavior.

I think it's because "Tour of Duty" and "Campaign" (the actual words) both imply open-ended, forward progression. They seem like conceptually parallel progressions.

Whereas "Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar" implies a specific sub-story that doesn't sound like it's "on the same track" as a commendation progress. They're conceptually different sounding.

It might help if you attached subtitles to clarify.

Campaign: Federation Assistance
    Campaign: Klingon Assistance

Tour of Duty: Times of Crisis
    Tour of Duty: Honor in Battle

That would make it clearer to me that it's an independent track within a campaign.

It would also allow you to add Tours of Duty within a campaign or new campaigns for existing factions easier in the future.

Campaign: Klingon Civil Defense
    Campaign: Federation Task Force

Tour of Duty: The Prime Directive
    Tour of Duty: Ousting Traitors
  • Options
    inkaineinkaine Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I would like the ability to reclaim the early free ships we got while leveling up. I dismissed a T1 or two and would like to reclaim them somehow for the purpose of an Admiralty card.​​

My personal proposal to Cryptic here: give everyone a T1 to T4 ship token each when Season 11 goes live. Just as if we had kept the old tokens. That way everyone can reclaim one ship per tier each. And those who didn't use theirs or didn't discard their ships yet - lucky them.

Two bugs found:

E47bLwU.png

T4 Exploration Cruiser Refit is wrongly labelled as Exploration Cruiser

cgdzpFv.png

The special ability text for the Breen Chel Grett Warship is probably wrong. I guess it's either "+3 ENG per SciShip or TacShip" or "+3 ENG and SCI per TacShip".

Otherwise neat feature up to now. Keep up the good work. Thanks!
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    ETA: a question to bort:

How do success/crit rolls work,

what I mean is, say you have 80% chance for success and 30% chance to crit.

Does it first roll for success, and then only if you obtain success, roll for crit,

Or, does it roll for both, and give you the best outcome of the two rolls.

So, could you fail the 80% success roll and win the 30% crit roll and still get a crit outcome?

That's a good question. Though based on what Bort has said about how the crit/success works in this system compared to the DOFF system, I think you have to attain a success to get a crit. He said that the chance for Crit is added 'above and beyond' the chance for success, rather than being an alternative outcome like in the DOFF system where the higher your chance to crit, the lower your chance for success. So I don't think you'd get a crit roll if you don't win the success roll.

Obviously, that's supposition based on what information has been made available.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    azurealli4nceazurealli4nce Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Been trying to get into Tribble to test this, but the game freezes on the Star Trek Online: The Iconian War splash screen. :( Maybe next build
    DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold, etc. are FAKE! They were created by an outvoted minority who destroyed the original DPS channels!

Tactical Team sucked, once upon a time. I got it buffed. Don't think for a minute that Cryptic ignores forum feedback.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User

@borticuscryptic

It looks like for ships to be added to your Admiralty roster, you have to open the doff/admiralty UI while they are in your actual ship roster.

If you open/dismiss a ship without opening the admiralty roster, it doesnt look like it adds it to your admiralty roster.

ETA: a question to bort:

How do success/crit rolls work,

what I mean is, say you have 80% chance for success and 30% chance to crit.

Does it first roll for success, and then only if you obtain success, roll for crit,

Or, does it roll for both, and give you the best outcome of the two rolls.

So, could you fail the 80% success roll and win the 30% crit roll and still get a crit outcome?

i ran into this as well. when i was buying the dil ships form the ship yard and some fleet ships
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg